It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

"I don’t hate black people, they just have a skin disease that affects their behavior”

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: LockNLoad
This Ted Nugent quote (I don’t hate black people, they just have a skin disease that affects their behavior) is a hoax, first started on the web site (politicops.com...)

Apparently, the source used for the OP is wrong, fraudulent, what-have-you.

Apparently, SOME of the quotes were taken from an interview Nugent did with Joe Pags back in late May 2016:

As noted here: Right Wing Watch

Given what has happened here, I checked www.joepags.com to verify ... but the earliest recording was from June 4, 2016.

I was able to track (what I think is) the actual interview to here: The Nuge Gets Real with Pags (I *heart* Radio)

I will be honest, I didn't listen to all of it (as my stomach won't take it) but I did skim through. He does give the line about the more people who hate him the more he's always right, etc. but I can find nothing about the titular quote regarding skin color and disease.

Apparently, (unless someone else can verify otherwise), Nugent was misquoted in the OP's linked article.

So, apologies to Mr. Nugent for my untoward commentary here about something he apparently didn't say.

Mea culpa.
edit on 6-10-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
he needs an ignore button pressed all the time.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
After doing a little background check on him I personally think his hatred for Obama is the source for his off the cuff remarks

I can't type on ATS what he thinks about Hillary but it's two words starting with Toxic

I also assumed the young girls rumour floating around him for so long was about 16 or 17 year olds but it was Courtney love at the age of 12! She let that out the bag on a radio chat show some time ago and somehow it seems ok?

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword
a reply to: Guiltyguitarist

I guess the alt right hate everyone but the liberals just hate the alt right?

There is no such party as alt right. It is a made up term to form a parallel to neonazism and republicans in fragile and impressionable minds.
I could just as easily start calling Kim Jong Un's political dogma alt-left and I guarantee in 6 months everyone would be using the term.
Both parties need to die. The left just seems to be worse.
Johnson 16

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
A very intelligent solution -

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

This was a made up pile of crap by one of the Newslo sites
politicops.com...

Known hoaxers, knows BS artists, 9 pages of ranting, raving, and ridiculousness for no reason.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Spider879

This was a made up pile of crap by one of the Newslo sites
politicops.com...

Known hoaxers, knows BS artists, 9 pages of ranting, raving, and ridiculousness for no reason.

Well, except that the folks defending the "quote" didn't know it was fake ... either.

/shrug

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

...and are part of the ranting, raving, and ridiculousness. Obvious horsecrap is obvious, or at least it should be...

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist

a reply to: Guiltyguitarist

I guess the alt right hate everyone but the liberals just hate the alt right?

There is no such party as alt right. It is a made up term to form a parallel to neonazism and republicans in fragile and impressionable minds.
I could just as easily start calling Kim Jong Un's political dogma alt-left and I guarantee in 6 months everyone would be using the term.
Both parties need to die. The left just seems to be worse.
Johnson 16

I used the alt right as they are trumps supporters and I respect the true republicans who see through Donald's deceit that he claims to running as one but in reality is running as a joke

Republicans don't hate every one so that's why I said alt right

That good enough for you?

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

a reply to: Gryphon66

...and are part of the ranting, raving, and ridiculousness. Obvious horsecrap is obvious, or at least it should be...

Apparently it wasn't "obvious" to many of us ... it was well within the "believable" range for those both pro and con on the racism issue.

I certainly admitted above that I made a mistake by not vetting the supposed quote before I started discussing, however, considering the outlandish nature of "dark skin is a disease" I'm not as embarrassed by my error as I hope the defenders of the quote will be.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

(Just so you know, "Alt Right" is a phrase coined by Richard Spencer (site linked above) in 2008 and promoted by folks like Steve Bannon late of Breitbart, now of Trump.

Nothing at all wrong with you using the phrase ... it's a verifiable thing.)
edit on 6-10-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Why is Nugent still here at all?

Because I'll tell you this right now: If Barack Obama becomes the president in November, again, I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year. Why are you laughing? Do you think that's funny? That's not funny at all. I'm serious as a heart attack.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Yeah I noticed that but I guess he couldn't come up with the old if he gets in power I will leave the country

Where else on the earth could he make a living with his music?

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Apparently it wasn't "obvious" to many of us ... it was well within the "believable" range for those both pro and con on the racism issue.

That's what happens when you live in an era where EVERYTHING gets called racism and people forget that real racism involves a lot more than slinging a few insulting words around. We've done this to ourselves, frankly.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

a reply to: Phage

Yeah I noticed that but I guess he couldn't come up with the old if he gets in power I will leave the country

Where else on the earth could he make a living with his music?

Or own his weapons?

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

That's what happens when you live in an era where EVERYTHING gets called racism and people forget that real racism involves a lot more than slinging a few insulting words around. We've done this to ourselves, frankly.

^^^ this, exactly ^^^

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Everything doesn't get called racism.

That's just more hyperbole.

It's the other side of what some of you like to call "political correctness."

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Yes you are correct coming back from a gig I cracked a joke while driving that had the drummer to my left in hysterics and our young metal singer saying "that's a bit sexist"

There is racism and sexism in everything now to the new generation :-/ not all of them of course

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
WOW a hoax, isn't that something?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join