It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I don’t hate black people, they just have a skin disease that affects their behavior”

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
a reply to: Gryphon66

Ted's comment was crude, but he's making a point about the fact that we have a serious issue with violent crime in this country and the vast majority of it is coming from black people. More specifically, black men.

People like me are curious why guys like you consoling went to deflect from this fact or deny it.

Nope, his comment wasn't crude, it was absurd.

The fact that and others here think that anything this nutjob says relates to reality is the sad part.

You've made it clear that you agree with the guy.

link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

This thread is about Ted Nugent.

Try to stay on topic.

It's about Ted Nugent's comments and Ted Nugent's comments are in reference to the disproportionate amount of violent crime committed by black people in this country.

link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: TheBulk

They do not teach that there is more than one race in science classes, and science is the only thing other than faith which has any importance to me, in terms of directing my political and philosophical approach to life. Frankly speaking, the entire argument is a vast waste of time, time that could be better spent uniting folk, rather than dividing them.

Also, unless the only factor which affects a persons likelihood of committing an offence is colour, as opposed to things like economic circumstances, location, probability of being stopped and searched by police relative to anyone else on the street, yada yada, then personally speaking, I find the data collected to be entirely inadequate to make such an assertion. It must also be said that white folk are no less likely to commit crime than people of colour, but a damn sight less likely to be caught and even less likely to receive equal sentences.

In short, its all nonsense, I have not any interest in race debate at all, and furthermore, the fact of the matter is that the human species has greater and larger things to worry about, including the fact that basically we are poisoning our own land, air and water, killing one another for no reason other than to earn rich people more money, and treating our poor like dirt because Conservativism. We have bigger issues abroad than what the pigment in someones flesh means.

Actually according to the victim reports, a large survey which surveys victims. Arrest rates are pretty darn close what the victims describe. Or we could go over the self reported survey of convicted criminals of crimes they have committed and find blacks typically report many more crimes than whites.
source-stephan molyneux who sources his stuff from reputable sources and his guest. Too lazy to go find the videos

As for different races/breeds? Are there different races/breeds of dogs? yes and its well known they have many differences.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   

blogs.channel4.com...

The analysis

It’s true that around 13 per cent of Americans are black, according to the latest estimates from the US Census Bureau.

And yes, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, black offenders committed 52 per cent of homicides recorded in the data between 1980 and 2008. Only 45 per cent of the offenders were white. Homicide is a broader category than “murder” but let’s not split hairs.

Blacks were disproportionately likely to commit homicide and to be the victims. In 2008 the offending rate for blacks was seven times higher than for whites and the victimisation rate was six times higher.

As we found yesterday, 93 per cent of black victims were killed by blacks and 84 per cent of white victims were killed by whites.

Alternative statistics from the FBI are more up to date but include many crimes where the killer’s race is not recorded. These numbers tell a similar story.

In 2013, the FBI has black criminals carrying out 38 per cent of murders, compared to 31.1 per cent for whites. The offender’s race was “unknown” in 29.1 per cent of cases.

What about violent crime more generally? FBI arrest rates are one way into this. Over the last three years of data – 2011 to 2013 – 38.5 per cent of people arrested for murder, manslaughter, rape, robbery, and aggravated assault were black.

Bureau of Justice Statistics: www.bjs.gov...

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   

One is a random comment from an old man, the other is being taught in schools. Which is more of a threat to society?

Well, since you don't bother to actually link to any evidence for what you keep trying to derail this thread with, I can't say.

Whiteness isn't going anywhere. Ted Nugent, and his endless verbal bowel movements, will someday end.

what are you talking about? I posted two links to back up the statistics I quoted, and I also posted links to the whiteness month information. I can't believe people are giving you stars for saying something that is provably wrong on this very page.

Your edited posts notwithstanding, nor your attempts to derail the thread with your own issues, no, the stats do not prove your point, no, a program at one university is not going to change the world, and the fact that others' awareness of these facts irritates you is ... a pleasant side effect.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Your lips are moving but you ain't saying nothing.

The stats do prove my point and you have absolutely no retort other than to deny it. You claim a class at the University won't change the world, yet you're really outraged about what one dying old man says. How do you explain your completely inconsistent reactions?
edit on 6-10-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   

/sigh

And what are the stats based on? Arrests and convictions.

And what demographic has been shown to be disproportionately targeted in arrests and convictions?

Obviously, you have no respect for the topic that OP intended to discuss. I'll be ignoring off-topic BS.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   

/sigh

And what are the stats based on? Arrests and convictions.

And what demographic has been shown to be disproportionately targeted in arrests and convictions?

Obviously, you have no respect for the topic that OP intended to discuss. I'll be ignoring off-topic BS.

If you read the entire thing you would see that the statistics line up with victims descriptions of their assaulters which is black. That's a pretty big coincidence don't you think?

From that article:

But academics have noted that the proportion of black suspects arrested by the police tends to match closely the proportion of offenders identified as black by victims in the National Crime Victimization Survey.

This doesn’t support the idea that the police are unfairly discriminating against the black population when they make arrests.

edit on 6-10-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom

Why do you think this happened? could be to do with racists making sure you are all kept apart, the lack of education the poverty these guys grow up in. The problem isn't because they are black it is to do with all I have just mentioned.

The poverty and education myth is just that. The majority of thugs killed for instance have PLENTY of money, just look at their FB pictures. Education? I was bussed in high school to a not so nice area, but a decent school, so the Black kids had access to the same education as the rest of us Whites and guess what most of them did everyday? Not learn or give a ### that's for darn sure. They fought, they disrupted, attacked Whites on a daily basis, even our principal, couple teachers, etc.

Who's fault is it that they can't take responsibility when given the same or more than the rest of us? When a large percentage of people act a fool, it wont go un-noticed by everyone. And you will have people like Ted commenting on it.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   
He doesn't really believe it's a skin disease. He was being facetious. He made an observation about black people and their apparent need to feel oppressed.
Everything else he said was spot on. Yeah Ted's full of himself. All rock stars are full of themselves. But by getting offended by this you're just acting like a generation of snowflakes and proving him right

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Well reading this thread has proved to me racism is alive and kicking in the usa from all sides.
Shame isn't it?.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

And you, Mr. Nugent, appear to be one of those unfortunate white folks afflicted with a weird permanent BRAIN disease that diminishes your intelligence.

I kind of feel sorry for you, and those like you.
edit on 6-10-2016 by Bhadhidar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

Call him Mr T Nugent I thought you were on about me lol.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist
He doesn't really believe it's a skin disease. He was being facetious. He made an observation about black people and their apparent need to feel oppressed.
Everything else he said was spot on. Yeah Ted's full of himself. All rock stars are full of themselves. But by getting offended by this you're just acting like a generation of snowflakes and proving him right

Hey! So your takeaway from this is: the offensive part is the lame racist joke. Cool.

For me there is no offence. It's a profound sadness. I'm sad that so many here are either agreeing, making excuses or bending over backwards to defend it. It's not a good look.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: CigaretteByrnes

Hey! So your takeaway from this is: the offensive part is the lame racist joke. Cool.

For me there is no offence. It's a profound sadness. I'm sad that so many here are either agreeing, making excuses or bending over backwards to defend it. It's not a good look.

I addressed the allegedly offensive line in the TITLE of this thread. If I'm wrong for thinking that was the offensive part because it was the only part mentioned in the TITLE of this thread, then please,please, please enlighten me.

Everyone seems to be emotionally reacting to his statements and calling him names, but no one is pointing out where he is wrong. Sans the joke, I mean. And don't you dare call it a racist joke because black comedians would be jobless if they couldn't say the same things about white people. You can't even watch one black comedians bit without them comparing black behavior to white behavior. Be it their dancing, churches, music, attitudes. Hell if Nugent is racist what the hell is Steve Harvey?
edit on 6-10-2016 by Guiltyguitarist because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-10-2016 by Guiltyguitarist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom

Why do you think this happened? could be to do with racists making sure you are all kept apart, the lack of education the poverty these guys grow up in. The problem isn't because they are black it is to do with all I have just mentioned.

All nothing but excuses. Lots of groups grow up in poverty in this country but only one of those groups disproportionately commit violent crime. Why is that? I don't know, but your excuses don't get us any closer to understanding.

Cool man. Maybe you should go to a black neighborhood and teach them of your theories.

Reading between the lines of your comment, it reads as if you think the violence and lawlessness exhibited in those neighborhoods is caused by black peoples inability to be civilized. Nothing to do with things like segregation, introduction of drugs in poor areas which gave birth to gangs, access to weaponry. Then mass imprisonment. Repeatedly. Then returned to the neighborhoods.

I live in an area that is mostly white, in the choda of Canada and, having read books and speaking to people of all races and cultures throughout my life, I can assure you nothing is ever as simple as "do better". It's ignorant and deplorable. Realize this.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
The most annoying kind of person there is, to me, are really stupid people who think they are really smart.
Like this POS nugent.

And "rock star", oh please. He's a washed up ole has been, and wasn't that much a celebrity even in his good ole days.

It figures that he's supporting the guy who only respects other wealthy white guys. I wish they had their own island somewhere in the Bermuda Triangle.

link   
I think he was trying to be sarcastic with that statement. As many people on ATS have pointed out in the many threads about blacks getting shot by police, if they weren't committing crimes and resisting arrest many of them would still be alive today. Its not always momma's little baby getting shot for no reason. Sometimes the reason is valid - criminal behavior. But it all gets swept into the category of racism. Those are the lies he is referring to.

When he says the skin color is responsible for their actions he is sarcastically saying that its not the police who are just targeting you because you are black, it is your actions that get them after you. And when black people say it is entirely because of the color of their skin he turns it around on them and says, "OK, you commit these crimes because of the color of your skin like its beyond your control and you shouldn't be held accountable for it."

Was it a stupid thing to say? Absolutely. But if you read between the lines what he is really saying is, "If you don't want to be targeted by police stop committing crimes and blaming your arrest (or worse) on racism."

Before anyone jumps on me, yes, I know there are real examples of racism among law enforcement toward blacks. Just as I know there are examples of blacks committing racist hate crimes against white people and blaming their subsequent arrest on nothing but racism.

link   

originally posted by: CigaretteByrnes

I addressed the allegedly offensive line in the TITLE of this thread. If I'm wrong for thinking that was the offensive part because it was the only part mentioned in the TITLE of this thread, then please,please, please enlighten me.

So, you get all the information of the thread just by reading the title and then posting your hot take on it?

This is a problem. It's no way to live your life.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Any chance that quote was meant to be sarcasm? As deep and dark as that sarcasm may be...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join