It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yale Psychiatrist show that Psychic Abilities exist

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Last week I woke up in the middle of a very clear dream that was about an envelope and a cheque. In the dream I couldn't seem to 'see' the value of the cheque because it was always out of focus.

The same day I was given an envelope and the same night was shown a cheque by a friend. I didn't notice the value of the cheque because my brain was recalling the dream and I was already telling her about it lol.

I'm not claiming to be psychic or saying anyone else is 'psychic.' I've had similar experiences and simply wonder if there's something our brains do that we're not currently able to understand. It's almost like an experience in our immediate futures can somehow impress upon our awareness in the present. For example, several years ago, I suddenly slammed on the car brakes because I *knew* a police speed trap was round the bend. They really were round the corner and I got a speeding ticket.

People often think of 'psychic' like they think of magic powers or Jedi abilities. I've a sneaking suspicion 'psychic' will turn out to be something measurable and natural that most, maybe all, of us experience.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

I'm not claiming to be psychic or saying anyone else is 'psychic.' I've had similar experiences and simply wonder if there's something our brains do that we're not currently able to understand.

Yes, and that's called "confirmation bias".

However, I have two minds on this entire field. Yes, I don't think that you can get a solid reproducible result.

On the other hand, I have had the few moments I have been able to tell you what was about to happen. Or what WOULD happen. eta: and at times, it was unexpected and to the point in a way that no one would have been able to expect it ahead of time.

It's anecdotal, though. I can't tell you if I was just lucky saying what was about to happen. And I can't do it on demand. It's not the sort of thing I CAN do on demand. To me, that says it's likely not real. To others, it's acceptable as "evidence".

Frankly, I don't know. It seems to me to be the odd bit of luck. I just can't say.
edit on 8-10-2016 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

It's not a confirmation bias. I was describing a thought process ('wondering') based on a series of experiences and not presenting any conclusions. I'm at a loss to explain them and can entertain several possibilities without the need to put a gold medal on one of them.

Perhaps you were projecting? Perhaps I could have been clearer?

On the other hand, I have had the few moments I have been able to tell you what was about to happen. Or what WOULD happen. eta: and at times, it was unexpected and to the point in a way that no one would have been able to expect it ahead of time.

This is in the same area as what I was relating to. They tend to be irrelevant, trivial events that wouldn't otherwise merit storage space in our memory. That's why I wonder if they'll turn out to be something mundane and measurable.

Another possibility to cross my mind is false memory akin to deja vu. For example, a minor event occurs and the observer thinks, "I dreamt that last night." In reality, perhaps the observer's memory of the dream was false and their brain created the memory there and then? This could explain the numerous anecdotes, like yours and mine, with people saying they knew something was going to happen. Maybe their minds deceived them and subsequent rehearsals/reviews/retellings added layers of conviction?

It's very hard to be emphatic when we're only as good as our intellects. These experiences have an audience of one and people have varying abilities when it comes to being objective. Despite having these experiences, I can't bring myself to fully trust my senses. You say 'I don't know' and that's the extent of my own position.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

This isn't really new... it's been an ongoing research. The ancients thought the same thing. People who had mental health issues were not seen as "crazy". I think the natural psychedelic experience with plants was an often occurrence and maybe why they weren't afraid of people born with psychosis.

From American Indian shamanism* to esoteric Judaism, this concept has dominated for millennia. As it has now become clear, western civilization is unique in history in it’s failure to recognize each human being as a subtle energy system in constant relationship to a vast sea of energies in the surrounding cosmos. – Dr Edward Mann, Sociologist

Interpreted from this point of view, a schizophrenic breakdown is an inward and backward journey to recover something missed or lost, and to restore, thereby, a vital balance. So let the voyager go. He has tipped over and is sinking, perhaps drowning; yet, as in the old legend of Gilgamesh and his long, deep dive to the bottom of the cosmic sea to pluck the watercress of immortality, there is the one green value of his life down there. Don’t cut him off from it: help him through. – Joseph Campbell, Schizophrenia: The Inward Journey

We have a world on drugs.. lets face it. Big Pharma and Dr.'s would rather give you a drug than to get to the "root" problem. Lot's of people deal with trauma and frankly drugs do not help in the long run.. once the person stops taking the drug the trauma is still there.

We had a lot of trouble with western mental health workers who came here immediately after the genocide and we had to ask some of them to leave. They came and their practice did not involve being outside in the sun where you begin to feel better. There was no music or drumming to get your blood flowing again. There was no sense that everyone had taken the day off so that the entire community could come together to try to lift you up and bring you back to joy. There was no acknowledgement of the depression as something invasive and external that could actually be cast out again.Instead they would take people one at a time into these dingy little rooms and have them sit around for an hour or so and talk about bad things that had happened to them. We had to ask them to leave. – A Rwandan talking to writer, Andrew Solomon

Drugs in the long run make the person crazier. We have a world which is now full of mental health patients being "diagnosed" as having ptsd, bi polar, add, adhd, schizophrenia,etc..

The next big challenge is symptom suppression. Critics of the current model of care (who now seem to include the British Psychological Association) argue that psychiatric medication merely suppresses symptoms.

AKA "The Kundalini Crisis" ancient and modern day see this as a pineal issue and then some.

Research indicates that pineal involvement in mental health may go beyond psychosis. It is very likely that the pineal plays a significant role in the manifestation of several mental illnesses.

17th Century French philosopher, Descartes, believed the pineal gland was the “seat of the soul” !

According to Bleuler (1911/1955) some psychic complexes creating aggregates of thoughts, feelings and affects may dominate personality structure, while other complexes may be “split off” and operate as fragments connected with the others in an “illogical” way. In historical context Bleuler's definition of “split mind” as a characteristic feature of disturbed cognition in schizophrenia is related to Descartes' proposal the binding multidimensional information from various sensory modalities that enables conscious experience (Bob, 2015 and Barrera-Mera and Barrera-Calva, 1998)
www.sciencedirect.com...

Talk to people or read about the experience that alters the brain into a psychedelic experience! www.psychedelic-library.org...

"You may be making Buddhas out of everyone," Leary and Alpert were told when they were fired from Harvard, "but that's not what we're trying to do." Times Magazine in March 25th 1966.

His study also helps settle a decades-long debate, providing further evidence that '___' does, in fact, mirror the symptoms and chemical activity found in the brains of schizophrenics.

upliftconnect.com...

www.meridianinstitute.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

There is so much debate on this subject it makes me hear voices. lol

Such extreme biological reductionism produces confusion that is rampant not only in high-profile policy outlets connected with the National Institutes of Health (NIH) but in conventional scholarly presentations, even by some of the most prominent psychopathology scientists. “The word mind refers to those functions of the body that reside in the brain” (Andreasen, 1984, p. 219, emphasis in original). But, as argued below, the mind is not the sort of entity that resides anywhere in space.

I emphasized in bold because that is a bold statement to make but a statement I find intriguing.

This chaos2 now permeates presentations aimed at the public. A popular personal investments columnist referred to “…the hippocampus, a part of the brain where long-term memory lives” (Zweig, 2007). But as discussed below, memory does not “live” anywhere—it has no specific physical location. A public-aimed Web site for a university clinic applies “leading-edge research to the clinical treatment of children who suffer from biological brain diseases such as bipolar disorder, depression, autism, and schizophrenia” (www.psych.uic.edu/clinical/child.htm, accessed 10/29/07). Numerous similar examples are readily available. Again, such statements that psychological events are nothing more than brain events, for all their recent popularity, are logical errors. Psychological pathology is not neural pathology. Redefining terms to avoid fundamental conceptual problems does not advance science.

And Miller goes on presenting his case.... which makes sense from a scientific pov.

There are two problems in these statements from a Nobel Prize winner and a past president of the Society for Neuroscience. The lesser problem is the implication that scientists were not able to associate specific functions with specific brain regions until recently. But this has been possible, in various forms, for decades. One sees this type of “Scientists are now able to…” characterization of scientific progress in the popular press all the time. It misleads the public to think that we are finally on the verge of a decisive breakthrough—often the decisive breakthrough in some area—when in fact most progress is incremental. The more important problem with the 1992 statement is the claim that we can localize function at all. As argued above, mental events are not the sort of thing that has a spatial location. What we can do (increasingly often and increasingly well) is localize in space a portion of the tissue that seems differentially associated with mental events. “What we can do is correlate a person’s thinking of this or that with localized brain activity…. But this does not show that the brain is thinking, reflecting or ruminating; it shows that such-and-such parts of a person’s cortex are active when the person is thinking, reflecting or ruminating” (Bennett & Hacker, 2003, p. 83; emphasis in original). We cannot spatially localize those functions themselves: “…it makes scant sense to identify the mind with the brain…” (Bennett & Hacker, 2003, p. 105). Functions do not have location.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

He goes on to talk about the media.. and how they basically make up things that are not true at all.

Under the headline “Area responsible for ‘self-control’ found in the human brain” appeared a story claiming that “The area of the brain responsible for self-control—where the decision not to do something occurs after thinking about doing it—is separate from the area associated with taking action, scientists say in the August 22 issue of the Journal of Neuroscience” (www.physorg.com/news106936688.html accessed March 4, 2010). It is unimaginable in modern cognitive neuroscience, however, that there is a single brain region responsible for self-control

Trust decisions and political attitudes do not occur in the brain. Decisions, feelings, perceptions, delusions, memories do not have a spatial location. We image brain events: electromagnetic, hemodynamic, and optical. We do not image, and cannot localize in space, psychological constructs. We can make inferences about the latter from the former, using bridge principles that connect observable data and hypothetical constructs. But the latter are not the former. “After all, we now have [neuroimaging] machines that can literally watch the mind at work.” (Watters, 2010). This is not true: EEG, MEG, fMRI, etc. watch the brain at work. What inferences we want to make about the mind based on such data are our constructions, not our observations

He is no fan of "Decades of Brain".

Why is studying this not a top research priority? If depression is just a chemical imbalance, and if drugs are the only way that a chemical imbalance can be addressed (two separate faulty assumptions), it is no wonder we have a dysfunctional mental health system. Assessment, prevention, and intervention are sorely (and expensively!) truncated by assumptions that, in part, are associated with the Decades of the Brain.

He makes the case to revise the way we study mental disorders...

The Decade of the Brain necessarily had limits, because science constantly strives for parsimony, simplifying the picture to abstract what it can. We throw away data every time we compute a mean or a trend. We do so to make problems and theories and data more tractable, and we see how far we can get. When we find the limit, we are supposed to revise and try again—sometimes incrementally, sometimes with a more dramatic shift (Kuhn, 1962). The present critique does not fault the now-aging notion of the Decade of the Brain for what it was, but some limits have become clear. Let us revise and move on.

This debate has been ongoing since ... forever.... www.ormedmedical.us...

www.hse.ru...

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
This site has a lot of cool material imo. plato.stanford.edu...

The solution of this puzzle is to be found in a passage which Descartes wrote a few years before the Passions, in which he compared the mind with the heaviness or gravity of a body: “I saw that the gravity, while remaining coextensive with the heavy body, could exercise all its force in any one part of the body; for if the body were hung from a rope attached to any part of it, it would still pull the rope down with all its force, just as if all the gravity existed in the part actually touching the rope instead of being scattered through the remaining parts. This is exactly the way in which I now understand the mind to be coextensive with the body—the whole mind in the whole body and the whole mind in any one of its parts” (Replies to the sixth set of objections to the Meditations, 1641, AT VII:441, CSM II:297). He added that he thought that our ideas about gravity are derived from our conception of the soul.
plato.stanford.edu...

Kundalini and Endocrine system/ Third Eye material... biologyofkundalini.com...

Here is an overview of the enigmatic pineal gland...

www.endocrineweb.com...

One day we will figure it all out.... and we will say, "dang the ancient people were right". lol

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
One psychiatrist agrees...

Tom Cruise hates psychiatrists.

Phage

there are other Psychiatrist's that also Agrees ..

Just, that they Do Not want to Expose Themselves
or loosing Their Career and have Their name's Tarnished ..

You obviously Heard of the MK Ultra CIA Projects , Programs , The Branches of Research Right ?

Those Programs My Friend ARE REAL!! They Existed ,,

but mostly in The MK Ultra Programs of what you hear
is the Drug induced Manipulation Durg Related ,

what you dont hear much about is the The Search for People with unique Ability's..
From The Both Sides of the COLD WAR ... Controversial of Whom Started the Search

The Military Had a Few Programs in its branches ..
Included with these programs RAND Cooperation, DARPA

Strangely this came from a Scientific American Blog

U.S. and Soviet spooks studied paranormal powers to find a Cold War advantage
blogs.scientificamerican.com...

MEET THE FORMER PENTAGON SCIENTIST WHO SAYS PSYCHICS CAN HELP AMERICAN SPIES
BY JIM POPKIN ON 11/12/15 AT 6:58 AM
www.newsweek.com...

All From The Experiments on Suspected Subjects from NAZI Concentration Camps

Back in the 1980s They Placed Children in Isolated Schools from the Ages 7 to 13
that were Suspected to have unique Ability's Physical and Mental ..
The Came from Distance of 3 to 4 Towns away , Placed Near Collages
To examine and Test & Push Envelope of those kind of Abliitys
2/3rds Schooling and 1/3 testing

Those MK Ultra Projects that were exposed in 1977!!!

It Still Continued ...After being in the Spot light
but indifferent ways they just left the Drug / Chemical induced Controlling OUT!
instead of Collages Students , they went after Elementary Children basically in my opinion
for easier Control... The Majority of these Programs
was near Boarder Canada and The Director of the Projects was a French Canadian
yet it was on American Soil ..

and How I know this?
well thats another Story I have to place in my Own Thread

A few Exposed this Continuation Myself Included ...

Skeptics will have a Hayday for sure ..

So Yeah There Is One that Exposed and Agrees with this ..
and Now his Rep and Career is on the Line Now ...

The Soviets were Highly were involved with the Psychics and Paranormal Abliitys
just a few articles..

Unconventional research in USSR and Russia:
short overview
Serge Kernbach
arxiv.org...

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Last week I woke up in the middle of a very clear dream that was about an envelope and a cheque. In the dream I couldn't seem to 'see' the value of the cheque because it was always out of focus.

The same day I was given an envelope and the same night was shown a cheque by a friend. I didn't notice the value of the cheque because my brain was recalling the dream and I was already telling her about it lol.

I'm not claiming to be psychic or saying anyone else is 'psychic.' I've had similar experiences and simply wonder if there's something our brains do that we're not currently able to understand. It's almost like an experience in our immediate futures can somehow impress upon our awareness in the present. For example, several years ago, I suddenly slammed on the car brakes because I *knew* a police speed trap was round the bend. They really were round the corner and I got a speeding ticket.

People often think of 'psychic' like they think of magic powers or Jedi abilities. I've a sneaking suspicion 'psychic' will turn out to be something measurable and natural that most, maybe all, of us experience.

Thanks for the post and like I said, psychic ability has a biological basis but I do think it's real. I think synaptic pruning may be involved in some way and it's interesting the Scientist have connected synaptic pruning to schizophrenia.

Some of the things you experienced could have to do with synchronicities as well and the future influencing the past. You have Bem's paper feeling the future. Physicist Holger Bech Nielsen and French Physicist Philippe Guillemant and his Theory of Double Causality which says future timelines can have a weak influence on the present and we see these things as coincidences or synchronicities.

I remember I was watching TV one day and a thought about a High School friend came across my mind. I haven't seen this friend since High School and there I was thinking about something we did together in High School.

Later that day I went to the store and bumped into this same friend.

Most people would just shrug their shoulders and say that's just a coincidence but I don't think like that. Maybe I saw my friend in the store first and then thought about my High School friend but because of the influence from the future onto the present, I had the thought first before I saw my friend.

How many times have you said, I could have sworn I left my keys there or I could have sworn I saw this. Maybe this has to do with the future influencing the past or there's small fluctuations that occur and the universe refreshes itself and when it does we're in a new universe.

So at night you set your keys next to the bed but when you wake up your keys are on the TV stand. You say to yourself, I could have sworn I put my keys next to my bed. What if you did but that occured in a different universe. This could explain things like the Mandela effect.

Earlier this year I found out Sylvia Browne was dead but I could have sworn I saw her on TV talking about the upcoming election between Trump and Clinton. Maybe there's a parallel universe where she isn't dead and maybe it bleeds into our universe from time to time.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: MamaJ

Thanks for the links and it's some very interesting information. I also think this is tied to our Quantum Mind. I was recently watching a great documentary on Curiosity Stream about Quantum Biology. I think it's obvious that we have a Quantum Mind and things like entanglement, non locality and superposition will make everything we call paranormal very normal. This is why I think there's opposition to the thought of a Quantum Mind.

It's funny because materialist will tell us the evolution and natural selection is so powerful yet it somehow prohibits human consciousness from these quantum effects that are seen more and more throughout nature on a biological scale. Here's a video that goes over the fascinating field of Quantum Biology.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

If it is ever proven... it will be proven from the Quantum world. Totally agree!

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

As a Psychic, while I see this as a good thing I'm fearful of how society will treat us if we are exposed out in the open. I fear the rise of discrimination against us a la the X Men.

Well, anybody can try to develope "psychic" abilities. I think it would greatly help humanity if these sort of subjects were proven real.

A lot more people would be interested in subjects that help create inner understanding and mental peace.

Plus, no one can tell if you have extra sensory abilities. Itd be impossible to discriminate and the worse part about proving psychics real would be that scamming fakes would increase by 10000x.

Im sure the "psychic" market is already chalk full of them.
edit on 8-10-2016 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

An interesting point in all of this is that Psi ability could be developmental.

Meaning that it is really no different that learning to walk or talk in the sense it is inherent to humanity in general.

In context though it requires years to develop and like learning to walk one does stumble from time to time.

It is to suggest that each of us is a piece of an infinite puzzle so in so far as learning there comes a point where comprehension goes beyond words.

So ends any real communication with others to develop comprehension.

edit on 8-10-2016 by Kashai because: Content edit

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kashai
a reply to: Phage

Actually we all hallucinate this because the resultant effect of sensory input results in an internal representation.

I already explained that.

True. As I had already pointed out, the schizophrenics who hear voices in their heads really are hearing voices in their heads. It's an internal representation of sound. It just happens to not due to input through the ears, but the brain may still create the sound just as if it came though the ears.

The same may be true for the class of schizophrenics who call themselves "psychic". Just like the schizophrenics who are tormented by the voices their brains create, a person who thinks they are psychic may hear voices that are created by their brain, but not due to any input through the ears.

Just like a hallucination, these voices would be very real inside the brains of the people hearing them.

That's because we don't hear sounds with our ears; we hear sounds with our brains. Bio-Electrical input from the ear is the normal way our brains create sound, but bio-electrical input that the brain turns into sound does not always necessarily come from the ear. The brain can be fooled by other electrical impulses from other parts of the brain.

So, yeah -- a schizophrenic (or a schizophrenic who calls themselves psychic) truly is hearing voices, just not from their ears.

edit on 2016-10-8 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
There is actually and in so far as has been testable no such thing as an Animal with Schizophrenia.

The study, led by Mount Sinai researcher Dr. Joel Dudley, proposed that since schizophrenia is relatively prevalent in humans despite being so detrimental—the condition affects over 1% of adults—that it perhaps has a complex evolutionary backstory that would explain its persistence and exclusivity to humans. Specifically they were curious about segments of our genome called human accelerated regions, or HARs. HARs are short stretches of DNA that while conserved in other species, underwent rapid evolution in humans following our split with chimpanzees, presumably since they provided some benefit specific to our species. Rather than encoding for proteins themselves, HARs often help regulate neighboring genes. Since both schizophrenia and HARs appear to be for the most part human-specific, the researchers wondered if there might be a connection between the two.

www.scientificamerican.com...

As I expressed earlier with regard to the common senses human experience/perception is exclusively the result to internal processes.

In that sense individuality could actually be incredibly relevant to the process of development and in potential, in an altogether way.

That animals do not develop schizophrenia could imply that the condition is perhaps a Coping Mechanism where animals are not developed enough to experience.

changingminds.org...

edit on 8-10-2016 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   

The skeptic has been saying for years that Psychics are liars and charlatans but this study is telling us that some Psychics are telling the truth.
No. It isn't. It says that some people really think they hear voices that don't originate from their own heads.

Just in case someone doesn't read the article, it says that you don't have to be tormented by those voices you hear. It just depend on your point of view.

They found that the voices experienced by this group are similar in many ways to those reported by people with schizophrenia, with a few big differences: Psychics are much more likely to perceive the voices as positive or helpful and as experiences that can be controlled, according to a new study published Sept. 28 in the journal Schizophrenia Bulletin.

How is that not the same thing as telling the truth?

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

Wild animals in general do not respond in general of Operant Conditioning, or for that matter the Skinnerian Perspective.

Domesticated Animals do and with respect to Humans and in general often, do not respond the same way Wild Animals respond to a Stressor.

Might I suggest you review the data related to the "Stanford Prison Experiment".

edit on 8-10-2016 by Kashai because: Content edit

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

First of all, a psychiatrist cannot validate claims of psychic capability. Why? Because psychiatry is a science in the same way that pop music is a concerto. It is soft edged, imprecise, and experimental doctrine in that field is about as rigorous as the much famed "man look" when a fellow has misplaced his keys.

Furthermore, I am surprised to see this distinction made between individuals who have negative or positive experiences with the voices in their heads, because as far as I was aware, the polarity of ones experiences do not have any effect on the diagnosis. If you hear voices, absent a speaker to speak them, then you have schizophrenia, not superpowers, regardless of whether they are telling you to eat the flesh of the innocent, or make sure that you tell the next person you meet that everything will be ok, and not to forget to pick up the laundry.

Now, scientifically speaking, showing a difference between these two is actually impossible, leading the critical thinker to believe that they are indeed, identical conditions which present differently depending on the particular mind in which they occur. However, you posted a list of supposed psychic abilities.

On that list, there are some capabilities which can be tested very easily, with a great deal of scientific methodology.

Levitation

Precognition

Pyrokinesis

Telekinesis

These, and probably ONLY these can be studied in a truly scientific fashion, with any hope of successful or useful result. Levitation, Pyrokinesis, and Telekinesis all have visible effects on solid matter, which can be recorded using a plethora of apparatus, in multiple spectra, without reliance on taking anyone at their word. Precognition could also be tested in a scientifically valid manner, by simply blindfolding an adept of the talent, and putting them in a room with fifty or so dodgeball launchers.

But testing one of the many supposed expressions of psychic powers, which are entirely internal in their outworking, seems a bloody stupid thing to do, if what you are after doing, is using ACTUAL science to study the claim that people walking the world, have psychic abilities.

Psychiatrists as well as Psychologists, deviated from Conservative Science.

Due to Clinical Failures in respect to conclusions offered and input provided by Conservative Science in interpretation.

This would Include Operant Conditioning and the Skinnerian Perspective in Genera as well as alternative but similar models Respectively.
edit on 8-10-2016 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   

a reply to: Bedlam
Nuts who are happy with being nutty?

With that comment you elected to Stereotype and innate Human Behavior not observed in Animals.

You guys perhaps should chill out and with all due respect.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Duh; simply stating what we already know.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve

The skeptic has been saying for years that Psychics are liars and charlatans but this study is telling us that some Psychics are telling the truth.
No. It isn't. It says that some people really think they hear voices that don't originate from their own heads.

Just in case someone doesn't read the article, it says that you don't have to be tormented by those voices you hear. It just depend on your point of view.

They found that the voices experienced by this group are similar in many ways to those reported by people with schizophrenia, with a few big differences: Psychics are much more likely to perceive the voices as positive or helpful and as experiences that can be controlled, according to a new study published Sept. 28 in the journal Schizophrenia Bulletin.

How is that not the same thing as telling the truth?

Schizophrenic people are telling the truth when they say they hear voices in their brains. They do hear voices in their brains.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join