It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animal Science, Conspiracy and Social Issues forum

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I've not posted many articles I thought were interesting and would make for interesting discussion but didn't post them cause no clear place for it that gives these topics the notice they deserve.

Finally posted one got regulated to general discussion, which is where things go to die, and are for BSing not informing or educating.

Science seems to not be it. So if not science, not crypto, where is? Pets doesn't make sense.

Personally there's lots of animal based conspiracies and science news. Animals and plants actually take up most of our world. When a pets forum originally came up. I argued for an animals forum, a place to cover animal based science news, conspiracies, etc. Would also be a good place to discuss animal based social issues. Animal rights, experimentation, veganism, and other such topics.

Could see including plants too, could be a great place to discuss different animals, etc. Could inform and educate, discuss facts on favorite flora and fauna, etc.

It has always seemed odd some of the topics we have forums for while having no clear place to discuss such a huge topic.

Tired of not having a clear place to post these things...
edit on 10/1/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Start here in the off-topic boards : www.abovetopsecret.com...

General Chit-Chat is the best to repost facebook posts.
edit on 1-10-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

No. Sorry not good enough for me.

This is a bigger issue with more conspiracy, social issues, etc then 80% of the forums we consider worthwhile. I think ATS is losing a lot of good content because of this.

Animals and plants are not some minor off topic issue.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Cool.

Considering the thread we came from was not conspiracy related.

Do what thou wilt.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

No. Sorry not good enough for me.

Animals and plants are not some minor off topic issue.

Sounds like an ego problem, why do you look down upon BTS?

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Such a forum can cover multiple issues, and as I stated I've run into issues with this in the past, and the "thread" you are talking about is a drop in the bucket to what I'm talking about. Did you read what I said at all?

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

Did you read what I said at all?

I skimmed through it.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I'm going to change the name of this.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Animals take up most of our world, are one of the biggest issues we deal with on our planet. We have umpteen million forums for much more insignificant things. Stop pointing me at forums for random crap. Clearly I'm not satisfied with that or I wouldn't be arguing for such a forum.

You could point to that to argue against having any other forums at all including the ones we already have. Let's just have a single forum for everything. I need a better argument against my forum proposal for why it doesn't stack up up with others we have.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I think Fragile Earth is broad enough to cover some of these animal and plant related topics. Thats where many of the articles and threads on the collapsing honey bee colonies were. I have also seen stuff there related to whales and dolphin beachings, as well as crop and other agriculture issues.

Did you have something in mind specifically? I recently did one about a Dolphin that belly flopped onto a surfer and stunned them both. I thought about Fragile Earth, but since it was from Australia and more related to surfing, I threw it into the Travel section. Kind of a "heres what can happen in Australia" type thing. There is also a clip from a double great white attack on a surfer in there as well that Ketsuko dropped in as well from South Africa.

Since both were related to surfing as the primary contact point and that takes place in the Ocean internationally, Travel just made sense to me.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Sounds like you're going to have to start a campaign to get a new forum for yourself....

Pets forum only took like 10 yrs.

Godspeed.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

It would exist as a more catchall category for well all the things I've listed. Can cover a wide range of topics. Fragile earth tends to give off the impression of dealing with environmental stuff. It can include things like you mentioned but is counter intuitive. Many places can for specific things. It just gets really confusing. I think it'd be easier on many people to have a forum specifically for these things so one doesn't have to figure out where it might fit.

It could cover,

Animal Specific Conspiracies
Animal Specific Science Discoveries, such as studies in animal behavior or facts
Animal Specific Social issues like veganism, animal rights, extinction, preservation etc
Animal News
Animal facts

ect.

All in a nice easily found clear package, no fuss, no muss

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Kinda what I'm doing. I've been here awhile, no intention of going anywhere. So who knows.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I'd like an animal science forum too.

Griffin the Parrot's evolution and growing vocabulary, this amazing tardigrade ability to regenerate cellular damage, the discovery of the nature of dolphin communication, these are all topics which in my opinion don't fit in "Fragile Earth" nor exactly "Science Technology". A dedicated "Animal Science" forum would however be perfect. Those who click on this forum could expect to find only information related to animals and other living beings, without having to search through thousands of miscellaneous threads.

I absolutely support this suggestion.

edit on 1-10-2016 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I'm with you on this- my interests are broad, but animals are at the top of the list and a dedicated forum would be awesome. Posting articles about whales in the pets forum is absurd, and the fragile earth forum seems more suited towards things relating to the environment. Although we are ALL part of that environment, there are more animals than humans that we are supposed to be sharing this planet with and there are many different categories of discussion points with regards to animal science/conspiracy/welfare/etc. I second the nomination for a dedicated forum for issues related to animals (not pets).
Thank you for voicing something I have thought about many times when trying to find an appropriate place to post.
edit on 1012016 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

edit on 1012016 by seattlerat because: mai spilling sugs

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. It gets frustrating to me. It seems to me such an obviously needed forum, and I'm wondering if I'm crazy for thinking so.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
ok so what if they just renamed the Fragile Earth forum to Fragile Earth/Animal science? I think the closest we can get to a dedicated forum is simply renaming an existing one.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Sounds kind of clunky and awkward... maybe. Fragile Earth seems to feel like it's about our planet falling apart... not really in line with 70% of where animal topics would really fall.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Well lets assume for the sake of compromise, that they will not create a separate forum for Animal science, but that they may rename Fragile Earth to something which would clearly make apparent we can discuss animals AND the environment.

What could we come up with as a name for that forum that makes clear it can be for both environment AND animal topics???
Earth 'n Animals ??? How is that??

top topics

<<   2 >>

join