It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animal Science, Conspiracy and Social Issues forum

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Hmmmm,

Nature?

Natural Order?

Ecosystem?

Flora, Fauna and Environment?

Some ideas I guess

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Flora, Fauna and Environment?

Oh I like that one. It is very clear.
I Like Nature and Ecosystem too.

Maybe Nature and Ecosystem?? See were narrowing this down.
edit on 10-1-2016 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Not sure though, because a separate forum for animals also leaves room for the more woo topics related to animals as well...

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

Well lets assume for the sake of compromise, that they will not create a separate forum for Animal science, but that they may rename Fragile Earth to something which would clearly make apparent we can discuss animals AND the environment.

What could we come up with as a name for that forum that makes clear it can be for both environment AND animal topics???
Earth 'n Animals ??? How is that??

That doesn't solve the problem that to find animal-related discoveries, you still have to shuffle through thousands of Global Warming threads and Earthquakes threads.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne
Very true and one of the big reasons I want this. Where to put animal related stuff and finding it is beyond confusing for such a common topic of interest for so many. As you say it would simply become a similar problem as we already have. Not to mention creating the same issue for the people looking for Global Warming and Earthquake threads which are now competing due to being hijacked by animal related stuff.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
No wait hold on now. Most of those threads are very old and exhausted. Even now there are only a handful on the first page related to global warming in general. In fact, if they did the rename tomorrow, the first page of that forum would become primarily animal topics from a flood of folks who are waiting to explore those topics. At about two months time, the animal topics would slow down and the new topics available would be a healthy mix of both nature and ecosystem

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
No wait hold on now. Most of those threads are very old and exhausted. Even now there are only a handful on the first page related to global warming in general.

The Fragile Earth page as it is now as I am replying to you:

Enjoy Earth While It Lasts Atmospheric Carbon Levels Pass the Point of No Return

USGS Issued Warning in California due to a possible 7.0 Quake.

Quake Watch 2016

Volcano Watch 20152016

Thread Index Disappearing Bees Butterflies

Whats going on at Yellowstone part 2

Severe weather outbreaks 20152016

Solar Activity Watch 2014-16

Sinkhole Watch 2013-16

Rumbling noise being heard around the world...report here...

Southern CycloneTyphoon Watch 2012-

North Atlantic Hurricane Watch 2014-

A Solar Science Primer

Interview With USGS Yellowstone Scientists

As I was saying. Alot of Weather & Climate threads, alot of Earthquake threads, and the only "animal" thread here is some thread about disappearing butterflies.

All the good threads about the tardigrade regenerative ability, the intelligence of Griffin the Parrot, the discovery that dolphins communicate by sending accoustic images... all hidden miles underneath random Fragile Earth threads, some of them are even placed in Technology forum since there was no Animal Discovery forum available to the author of the thread.

edit on 4-10-2016 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Exactly, it's a mess where animals are concerned.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join