It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Presidential Debate Commission Admits Trump’s Mic Was Messed Up

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

And we were all speculating how it would be stacked against Trump beforehand. I don't remember anyone guessing one way would be his mic. But the most disturbing to his train of thought , too.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
It's one thing to point out that his mic wasn't working right. But he went on to suggest it was done on purpose.

Hillary said something once about a "vast right wing conspiracy" and never lived it down.

Donald says something like that almost every day.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
The mic made him act stupid

the mic made him talk stupid

the mic made him sniff and grunt

that’s a hell of a mic

the mic for president

That's funny...I second that....rules of debate and all!

edit on 30-9-2016 by smurfy because: text.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
It seemed to me that he could be heard well.

Was there no Trump name on the mic or a DNC logo on it? Not made in China?

edit

For television audiences, Trump’s audio sounded fine. But in a terse, one sentence statement, the commission said the following: “Regarding the first debate, there were issues regarding Donald Trump’s audio that affected the sound level in the debate hall.”

edit on 9/30/2016 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
What ever happened to "mic test, mic test".

They should have got some rock and roll roadies to set it up.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I heard the mic was made in Indonesia.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
The problem was he was able to speak at all.

I'm sorry but he is a horses ass.

anyone else would be a better replacement.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
anyone who actually wants to understand why the microphone would affect mr trumps percieved preformance should study kennedy vs nixon presidential debates

the wingnuts can just keep up thier partisan BS

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodydagger
Yeah, but everything Trump says are lies, racist, sexist, anti fat people and this and that. He never tells the truth you know.....

*gasp*

He claimed that it was the defective Mic that made him "appear" to be sniffling...70+ times

Yes..his Mic was defective so that some people in the debate Hall could not hear him well...

Which likely worked in his favor for those 20 listeners...

But yes..he was still lying about his sniffles not existing and the illusion being created by a defective MIC...It wasn't mysterious...you can both watch and hear him sniffle.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Having faulty equipment is off-putting and not acceptable for a debate that is set for the race for the American presidency. What is so wrong about Trump pointing out that his mic was faulty? If his mic wasn't faulty then yes that would be something! As it happens that isn't the case.

To be honest I think the debate was a huge let down in general... I'm not actually sure what I was expecting but it sucked non the less.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

As someone who despises both candidates I cannot see how his microphone caused him to have a poor debate. If the commission said his head was 'messed up', then I could understand.

What does it matter about the microphone? I heard him just fine on my television.

The point is - Trump said his mic was messed up. Everyone thought he was making up excuses. Reality is, his mic was messed up.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

The fact that his mic was messed up inside the debate hall doesn't negate the fact that he was making excuses.

Trump was making excuses, because he lost and his ego doesn't know how to handle that.

Do you read what you type before you post it???

This is a great example of why most of us do not "get" Hillary's supporters.

His mic WAS MESSED UP.

It's NOT an excuse for anything but yet you claim it is like it is a proven fact.

REALITY is his mic was defective, that's it.

edit on 30-9-2016 by lovebeck because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel
It's one thing to point out that his mic wasn't working right. But he went on to suggest it was done on purpose.

Hillary said something once about a "vast right wing conspiracy" and never lived it down.

Because Hillary's lemmings would NEVER do anything like that. Never!

Ask Bernie about what she does to get ahead.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: xuenchen

I was wondering when a conservative would bring this non issue up. Well, funny enough I actually have some inside baseball about the debates. I know a guy who worked at Hofstra that night setting up audio and video equipment. I asked about the poor sound quality as soon as I saw him to bust his chops and he told me a wire was run under both Clinton and Trump that tjey kept stepping on which caused the sound issues.

So, the audio guys screwed up with bad wire placement.

Funny, I have done A/V set ups on large concert scale (and events including a state wide debate) .
Stepping on a cable (we don't use the term "wire") wouldn't alter sound quality (or video/ lights/ communications, etc).
Furthermore, the candidates had wireless mics on their lapels, as well as the wired mics at their stations. Two mics (in good working order) going bad with countless checks beforehand is pretty unheard of.
You keep your baseball, I'll share my knowledge.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Daily caller. Nope nope.
I watched the debate from start to finish. There was nothing wrong with his Mic. I heard every word that came out of his mouth. Loud and clear.
When he argued with the moderator, loud and clear.
When he constantly sniffed, loud and clear
And when he interrupted Hillary 69 times we heard him loud and clear.
There wasn't a blasted thing wrong with his Mic.
The big baby.

You are getting a live feed from the console straight to your TV. That doesn't mean there were not sound issues with his mic in the venue. Or in his monitor (assuming he had one).

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Is this thread finally done for?

Because Mr. Trump said what he had to say, and we could understand him. If he is unnerved by a sizzling noise in his backgroundspeakers, he should seriously consider being in a conference where not everybody automatically silences their voices as soon as Trump speaks.

Which will happen more than often to a POTUS.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck

Yes these people have already forgotten that we had an email hacked that prove the DNC rigged the DNC primaries.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

OK, I'm going to admit something here.

I was a coke addict, about 24 years ago after my first divorce. Not the proudest moment of my young life, but there it is. (clean for those last 24 years though!)

That was not a drug sniffle. it wasn't "wet" enough. That was a mic that had the gain turned up so high, it was picking up his inhales. Yes, he probably breaths in using his nose more than some people do, but anyone who knows anything about sound equipment, and the settings, knows this sound is just that, an overly sensitive mic, with possibly the mids and lows turned down, as I've seen others in this thread state.

edit on 1-10-2016 by poncho1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: lovebeck

Yes these people have already forgotten that we had an email hacked that prove the DNC rigged the DNC primaries.

Just for quick fun, can you quote that email proof?

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

REALITY is his mic was defective

And he used it as an excuse.

Otherwise, don't bring it up.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Yeah, but everything Trump says are lies, racist, sexist, anti fat people and this and that. He never tells the truth you know.....

*gasp*

And Hillary does?

C'mon...while you bash Trump you should at least give the same credit to HC *face palm*

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join