It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Presidential Debate Commission Admits Trump’s Mic Was Messed Up

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

When your Microphone doesn't function properly it's annoying. I've had them malfunction. Annoying and distracting. But it didn't seem to bother the amazing Donald Trump too much, since the important/relevant polls gave him the edge in the debate.

Can't wait to see what's rigged in the next debate, and Donald Trump blasting right through those obstacles as well!

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Did he blame the loss on the mic or just say something was wrong with the mike? Seems many of you are combining the two when you should not be.

The mic was screwed up. ANYONE who has even done sound could tell you this. It happens. I have had gigs where I sounded horrible and others where I never sounded better. You are at the mercy of the board in big events.

So, the mic was messed up and they admitted to it. How is this whining? Again, he pointed something out, was bashed for a few days and it came out that he was right.

www.politicususa.com...

Here is video where he says he had a bad mike. I do not hear him say it is why he lost...that is the MSM.

You guys are funny at this point...

I bet it drives them insane every time he says something like this and is right.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Trump is an attention whore and Hillary loves it because that's less time she has to spend talking to the press.

There were a few moments during that debate where I swear she wanted to reach over and give him a fist bump.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

So who was in charge of sound testing the mics before airing?

lemmee guess...

Well we learned on the first page that someone on the audio crew is buddies with one of the biggest Hillary supporters on ATS... and birds of a feather tend to flock together, so...

edit on 30-9-2016 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Yes, mic was not working properly inside the hall. Rest not affected.

A TIME reporter was the designated pool reporter in the hall Monday night and observed that the audio volume as Trump spoke fluctuated, making him sound quieter on stage. Clinton’s microphone didn’t suffer the same issue. In a one-line statement, the commission said it was due to a microphone issue.

“Regarding the first debate, there were issues regarding Donald Trump’s audio that affected the sound level in the debate hall,” the statement said.

Many commenters remarked on an apparent “sniffling” sound from Trump on the television broadcast. That was inaudible in the debate hall, where the microphone was an issue.

But the issue didn’t impact how the vast majority of Americans watched the debate. Fewer than 2,000 people were in the hall—the tiniest fraction of the more than 81 million people who watched, on television and online and were unaffected by the apparent glitch.

another source bold mine

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

What does it matter about the microphone? I heard him just fine on my television.

Well, the mic was alright for us, not well adjusted for his voice and a little sharp and picking up higher frequencies better, but still usable for TV.
I dare say the point the commission was making was in regard to the audience, they may not have heard so well.

The Mic goes through a mixer and internally connected for the broadcast, what the audience would hear would come out of speakers. It's probably down to the mixer man.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
4 pages on a defective mic.... Trump's camp is getting desperate for excuses.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: kruphix

originally posted by: Bloodydagger

As someone who despises both candidates I cannot see how his microphone caused him to have a poor debate. If the commission said his head was 'messed up', then I could understand.

What does it matter about the microphone? I heard him just fine on my television.

The point is - Trump said his mic was messed up. Everyone thought he was making up excuses. Reality is, his mic was messed up.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

The fact that his mic was messed up inside the debate hall doesn't negate the fact that he was making excuses.

Trump was making excuses, because he lost and his ego doesn't know how to handle that.

That's your opinion. It's not like there were points scored.

It's the majority of people's opinion....which makes it socially fact.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

As someone who despises both candidates I cannot see how his microphone caused him to have a poor debate. If the commission said his head was 'messed up', then I could understand.

The point is - Trump said his mic was messed up. Everyone thought he was making up excuses. Reality is, his mic was messed up.

The fact that his mic was messed up inside the debate hall doesn't negate the fact that he was making excuses.

Trump was making excuses, because he lost and his ego doesn't know how to handle that.

But Trump thinks he won. Hes not making up any excuses for "losing" because in his mind, he won. Whether he actually won or not is irrelevant to the topic at hand. We are discussing a messed up mic here and come to find out, Trump was right, his mic was faulty.

I think he won too. Lots of people agree with me. Just because the media declares something, doesn't make it so.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Well, the good news is that it wasn't messed up for the Televised/Broadcast portion. Mics are tricky at times if the wires are messed with, which means they should have done a better job getting them wired up.

My insistence that his mic was not having a problem was based on the broadcast version, not the room version, as I was unaware they used different systems.

It can be very frustrating to have a crappy mic, especially during such an important event.

- AB

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

originally posted by: DelMarvel
What exactly happened? They piped his vocals into a secret control room where Democrats changed his words to make him look stupid?

Its the same with the media, they make him say dumb stuff all day long, those evil liberals, there so good.

*they're

Playing his words out of context only appeals to the low information crowd. People that pay attention can see that the media is biased and full of beans.

So your saying that since the early 80s the evil media have made trump say dumb stuff.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

But Trump thinks he won. Hes not making up any excuses for "losing" because in his mind, he won. Whether he actually won or not is irrelevant to the topic at hand. We are discussing a messed up mic here and come to find out, Trump was right, his mic was faulty.

I think he won too. Lots of people agree with me. Just because the media declares something, doesn't make it so.

Me and the people at my work think i can fly with no wings, feels good to be right.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

People who think like you will agree with you.

The scientifically run polls (not the rigged crappy ones online) say Hillary won Big League.

So, believe what you want, I will believe the polls (I'm sure you disagree and that's ok). The election results will settle the matter of who "wins."

- AB

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Blasting through obstacles? If his Russian handlers give him any more stimulants his heart is going to be blasting through his chest.

edit on 2016-9-30 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Hillary didn't even attend the debate that was her double.

The microphone supposedly in her ear? That was the real Hillary instructing her what to say.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
The mic made him act stupid

the mic made him talk stupid

the mic made him sniff and grunt

that’s a hell of a mic

the mic for president

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazy&kruphix

Listen to yourselves clamoring all over this to try and call it an excuse. There was a legitimate problem with his mic and he stated it afterwards, like you wouldn't have mentioned a problem if you had one with your mic? Please. How sad you two really are at it because it's so blatantly obvious it makes most of us sick. Yea, we get it already you don't like Trump.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

It can be very frustrating to have a crappy mic, especially during such an important event.

- AB

Well despite having a messed up mic...

a "real billionaire" planted in the front row to antagonize him...

a blatantly Hillary-biased moderator...

and a plain old standard podium...

I'd say he did pretty well.

I'm looking forward to the next debate... if Hillary doesn't catch another heatstroke inducing pneumonia bug.

edit on 30-9-2016 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I'm taking back what I said. Apparently there was an issue with his Mic . He was unable to be heard in the debate arena.
Broadcast sound as we all know or those of us who watched it know was unaffected.
So sorry Donny.
Still that's not the reason you lost. You lost because you think you know everything and you think you don't have to study.

edit on 9302016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Stocking up on guns, ammo, alcohol, cigarettes, e-cigs and canned food. Good luck on your future endeavors.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join