It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fat shaming anger at Trump proves feminist hypocrisiy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ghostrager
a reply to: Grambler

Except that was her job. She had a weight clause in her contract. Trump told her to lose weight because he was running a beauty pageant, and she was contractually obligated to stay a within a certain weight.

That's sexist and misogynistic in nature. What good is a beauty pageant if we can't accept every woman's size and shape regardless of health and eating habits?

Beauty pageants should not include restrictions that require a contestant to be attractive. Men need to learn that every woman is ideal regardless of her shape and size. And if they aren't attracted to every shape and size, they are part of this misogynist culture.

I propose that next year we protest to make it mandatory that pageant members reflect the average American woman instead of men's perception of the 'ideal' woman.

.......and Hillary, Adele, and Meghan Train can be a starting point.

Ghost

That should spoil all the fun, throw out the age limits too!

How many ships would have been launched by Whistler's Mother?

Bill wouldn't even bother taking his dinghy out of dry dock.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   

The only thing I'm saying that that is unacceptable speech. If you think that people on the internet posting anonymous crap about Trump(Hillary gets worse) is the same as shaming a woman to her face in front of her peers you need to reevaluate. Trying to vindicate the Messiah don't count.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Personally, I adore the chubby shape. My wife once gave into societal pressure and lost 65 pounds. THANKFULLY, she gained it all back!

My wife is also on the plus side, but if any man called her "miss piggy" I'd bust him wide open.

This obsessive compulsion to defend the Orange Messiah is sure lame and probably counter productive.
edit on 27-9-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
It might be ok to make a joke if someone close to you trips or stutters - totally not ok to publicly do that to a strange stroke victim.

It's not nice to make fun of anyone's appearance but when it's done by someone in a position of power over another person - it's worse.

Also, in general, women are more sensitive to their weight than men. Why? Because women who are overweight are treated like non-humans while most men who gain weight don't get the same hostility.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Hillary slammed Trump near the end of the debate and said that among other things Trump called Machado Miss Piggy (who I always found hot by the way).

Ok For research purposes I had to go and verify what Miss Piggy looked like.

Ahh YEEEAHH , I'm going to have to confirm that is some fine Bacon right there. I concur,
edit on 54930America/ChicagoTue, 27 Sep 2016 21:54:37 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ghostrager

That's sexist and misogynistic in nature. What good is a beauty pageant if we can't accept every woman's size and shape regardless of health and eating habits?

Ghost

Beauty Pageants have standards for the same reason this guy isn't walking at Westminster.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

The only thing I'm saying that that is unacceptable speech. If you think that people on the internet posting anonymous crap about Trump(Hillary gets worse) is the same as shaming a woman to her face in front of her peers you need to reevaluate. Trying to vindicate the Messiah don't count.

So just to clarify your stance here, Trump could have called Machado Miss Piggy had it not been in front of her peers?

He didn't call her names in front of others, he told them that she needed to lose weight and was exercising to do it. In fact there is no proof at all that he called her any of these names, other than he said she was an eating machine on Howard Stern (which he also said he also had the same problem of eating too much).

Mike McCarthy the coach of the Packers told a group of reporters that Lacy needed to lose weight. This happens all of the time to people in all sorts of jobs. Coaches tell players in front of their teammates all the time they need to lose weight.

And I am not saying random internet posters, I am talking about the same pundits or journalists that are outraged by this making fun of Trumps weight and looks.

As far as the messiah comment, you seem to be the one obsessed with the man and making him a deity. Me thinks thou dost protest too much.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Personally, I adore the chubby shape. My wife once gave into societal pressure and lost 65 pounds. THANKFULLY, she gained it all back!

My wife is also on the plus side, but if any man called her "miss piggy" I'd bust him wide open.

This obsessive compulsion to defend the Orange Messiah is sure lame and probably counter productive.

So would Trumps wife have the right to "bust you wide open" for making fun of her husbands appearance?

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

So would Trumps wife have the right to "bust you wide open" for making fun of her husbands appearance?

She could try. If she wants some, bring it!

But I would never make fun of Trump in front of his friends or family, like he tried to humiliate so many other women even on national TV....He has no class what so ever.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

She's a bit heavier now it seems, but is smoking all the same. I'd become a frog if it meant hooking up with Miss Piggy.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Spin it anyway you want. I used YOUR words. Or is this like Trump again? "I didn't say that."

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   

She could try. Bring it tough guy!

Whoa, whats the deal with you calling Melania a guy? Are you making fun of her looks saying she appears masculine?

You are staring to sound misogynist. .

ETA:

I see you edited. I just want you to know that I do not think you are a misogynist or offensive in anyway, I was just poking fun.

And let me also add here, if Trump called her names, that is crappy. But I know we have all called people names and insulted appearances or something like that. The fact that somehow this question of hearsay of him calling her a name is reason that he shouldn't be president is ridiculous.

You and many others on here have presented far better arguments against a Trump presidency than this.
edit on 27-9-2016 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I think MLB Pitchers are fat.

Fatter than they should be, anyway.

Who tells a heavy weight to lose weight for a fight?

Or a Sumo to gain weight?

Think of your heart!

"I told him to try margarine instead of butter, on his steak!"

Point is, he wanted to help her instead of letting her go.

And this Miss Piggy thing is a he said/she said.

It's crazy that the left can justify blatant hypocrisy so easily without batting an eye but not surprising.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   

She could try. Bring it tough guy!

Whoa, whats the deal with you calling Melania a guy? Are you making fun of her looks saying she appears masculine?

You are staring to sound misogynist. .

No, I think Melania is a very beautiful woman as are all of Trumps women. You're the one that sounds misogynist btw if you think it's permissable to degrade women in front of other people.

check my edit for clarification....

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
irrelevant because of edit
edit on 27-9-2016 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

It's crazy that the left can justify blatant hypocrisy so easily without batting an eye but not surprising.

What's crazy is how instead of bathing in, and relishing Hillary's glorious victory 24 hours ago, they're fighting Donald Trump like he's 50 points ahead. hmmm... Maybe he is! That's why Hillary angrily wanted to know why SHE isn't 50 points ahead.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

[
Mike McCarthy the coach of the Packers told a group of reporters that Lacy needed to lose weight. This happens all of the time to people in all sorts of jobs. Coaches tell players in front of their teammates all the time they need to lose weight.

Weight is a sensitive issue for women. It doesn't have the same emotional impact it does for men. You don't need to tell women they need to lose weight - they know because they get plenty of public judgment.

If a man is critical of a women's weight (which is different from offering help) then either they have poor judgment or they just don't care about how someone feels.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

What's crazy is how instead of bathing in, and relishing Hillary's glorious victory 24 hours ago, they're fighting Donald Trump like he's 50 points ahead. hmmm... Maybe he is! That's why Hillary angrily wanted to know why SHE isn't 50 points ahead.

What makes you think we support Clinton just because we don't support Trump? Clinton didn't win....Trump lost.

Can't wait for the next debate.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Spin it anyway you want. I used YOUR words. Or is this like Trump again? "I didn't say that."

Dude give up already Grambler has clearly proven your hypocrisy. It's fine if McCarthy does it but wrong for Trump to do it.

Chivalry is not dead! We've got us here a regular knight in shining armor.

Get over it already. lol

ETA: Oh yea Olaru how did the Trump dropping out of/before the debates wager work out for you?

Not so good eh?

edit on 27-9-2016 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
His comments about her were so shallow. After he talked about her weight, which I thought had maybe been taken out of context, he said "she had an attitude problem too". So that was it, then. Her weight was the main thing.

He was mean and rude to her because she gained weight.
Good grief. He's no Chris Hemsworth himself. What a horrid little man who judges women by their weight, while he apparently gets a free pass on his.

Mr. Piggy. How ya like that Don?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join