It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fat shaming anger at Trump proves feminist hypocrisiy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+55 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
So there was a lot going on in last nights debate. There were plenty of potential criticism of both Trump or Clinton to be had (I think more for Trump), rather it be interruptions, false statements, etc.

What amazed me today is the attack against Trump based on his comments about a past Miss Universe winner named Alicia Machado.

Hillary slammed Trump near the end of the debate and said that among other things Trump called Machado Miss Piggy (who I always found hot by the way).

This was all over the mainstream television news I saw today, with at least Fox and CNN having Machado come on to speak. Here is a story from the New York Times on this.

www.nytimes.com...

The gist of the story for those who don't want to read the article is that she gained weight after she won, and Trump expected her to stay in shape to promote the pageant. So he told her to lose weight in front of people, and called her names such as Miss Piggy and an eating machine and miss housekeeping because shes hispanic..

She then claims to have developed an eating disorder because of this.

Now there is evidence out there that she was accused by a judge of threatening to kill him. I also saw her on the Megan Kelly show claiming that interviews she gave in 97 to the Washington post where she said she had a disorder before the pageant were manipulated and lies by the Washington Post. This doesn't matter to me at all.

What interested me is the outrage by people in the media over Trump's fat shaming. People are screaming about Trumps sexism and how appalling this is. You can't talk about women like this. How dare someone criticize a womans weight?

Except that was her job. She had a weight clause in her contract. Trump told her to lose weight because he was running a beauty pageant, and she was contractually obligated to stay a within a certain weight.

Why is this not allowed. Now the same feminists that think this is appalling constantly talk about how they want equality for women. Yet this again is a nother example of how this is not true. These feminists want to be treated like men in any way that it benefits them, but not when it would hamper them.

Lets look at professional athletes. Professional athletes are expected to stay in shape to play their sports which they are paid much money for. Players are forced to pass a physical including meeting certain weight standards before they are given a contract. Many players are said to have "eaten their way out" of many jobs.

Just this year, Green Bay coach Mike McCarthy told Eddie Lacy he weighed too much to play.

profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...

Remeber everyone screaming about McCarthy fat shaming Lacy? Oh weight, not a peep was said. And this is just one example of many.

Yet to do the same to a woman is considered abhorrent, What about equality? If you weigh too much to do your job, an employer should be allowed to tell you, regardless of your sex, gender, race, etc.

Now you may say, "Yeah but Trump called Machado names!" First, this is not what people are realy complaining about. They are complaining about telling a woman she needs to lose weight in a public manner. This happens to athletes and other jobs all the time.

But what about jokes. Men get weight jokes levied at them all of the time. I am overweight, and I get my fare share. Hell, I make fun of my weight more than anyone, it doesn't bother me one bit.

SNL first take of Bill Clinton was that he was fat and an over eater (one of my favorite skits) People have made fun of Trumps weight all over the place. Where are the screams of fat shaming and misandry? For some reason it is considered ok to make fun of a mans looks or weights, but not a womans.

The same people that are appalled at Trumps fat shaming mock his skin color, hair weight and other physical characteristics all of the time. yet they think this is perfectly acceptable.

Its just like rape jokes, many progressives think they are never acceptable, but will laugh hysterically at Trump being raped on South Park. No I am not saying I am offended at what South Park did or the jokes people make about Trump, I am saying the opposite, why do they think it is ok for one and not for another group of women.

I also hear these same pundits who are appalled at Trump for fat shaming and think that proves he hates woman go on and on about how Trump needs to treat Hillary different than men during the debates. I have seen them saying when he shook her hand he was too aggressive and invaded her personal space. If women are equal, why does he need to treat her different.

Oh and remeber when the DNC leaks showed the DNC making racial and homophobic jokes? Did that make the DNC a bunch of bigots that the media was appalled with? Oh no, they got a pass.

But now this Machado thing is supposedly a huge issue, and we will hear about it from the main stream media and Hillary for a while into the future. This is a garbage double standard.

Trumps jokes that are hearsay third party do not prove he hates women! We have all made jokes in bad taste, and to pretend otherwise is a lie. If Machado claims are to be taken at face value, why is the media ignoring the man who was Hillary's secret service agent that quoted her saying all sorts of hateful things.

Fat shaming is another double standard designed to grant victim hood to a "protected" class. It is a stupid non issue, and shows the desperation of Hillary and the main stream media to try to play identity politics to win.

Hey Hillary, call me up! I can give you ten better attacks you can go at Trump with! But stop with the fat shaming hypocrisy.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I was watching it on CNN. I was surprised they're running it so early as I've seen them get burnt on one source stories recently. But I will say in CNN's defense they stated grilling her pretty good towards the end.
edit on 27-9-2016 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   

So he told her to lose weight in front of people, and called her names such as Miss Piggy and an eating machine and miss housekeeping because shes hispanic..

Pretty sure McCarthy did say that to Lacy. Anyone, anywhere would be slapped down for that type of talk. Nice try to justify his misogyny though.

+14 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

So he told her to lose weight in front of people, and called her names such as Miss Piggy and an eating machine and miss housekeeping because shes hispanic..

Pretty sure McCarthy did say that to Lacy. Anyone, anywhere would be slapped down for that type of talk. Nice try to justify his misogyny though.

Ok, so if I can find one example of a coach or person making fun a a mans weight to their face, it will surely show the people calling names being "slapped down" right? I just want to know your answer before I post a bunch of examples.

And I assume you are appalled at the people that have made fun of Trumps weight, or hair or skin color right?

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
And I assume you are appalled at the people that have made fun of Trumps weight, or hair or skin color right?

What has that got to do with anything? Martyr syndrome? It's getting old. And no. I haven't made fun of his appearance. That's too easy.

+24 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   

What has that got to do with anything? Martyr syndrome? It's getting old. And no. I haven't made fun of his appearance. That's too easy.

I don't care who you have made fun of. Do you think making fun of Trumps appearance is just as bad as making fun of Machado's? Does that make them a misandrist?

It has nothing to do with martyrdom, it has everything to do with rather you are a hypocrite or not. Either its wrong to make fun of both, or its ok to do so to both. Otherwise, you are a hypocrite.

My contention in the OP is that the same people that are screaming today about how bad Trump is for this have done the same thing in their personal lives, and have publicly mocked Trumps appearance.

+14 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   

You didn't answer the question.. does it bother you like the "fat-shaming"?

Don't try to side swipe the topic.
edit on 9/27/2016 by efabian because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
She also gained about 50% of her body weight after she won and refused to honor her duties.

Hearsay about the Miss Piggy comment, too.

I saw the Megan segment and Katrina came on and said the girls have a weight requirement clause.

Kelly tried to push the BS issue.

If one is fat, like me, do something about it. I am and don't even have to! lol.

People call me fat all the time. Must be a chinese thing. lol.

Waaaaa! So fat!

Yeah, I'm Won Fat Gai, get over it.

Trump doesn't have any scandals so they have to go after anything, which amounts to smear tactics and lies.

Hey, that gal is still alive, ain't she?

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Anyone that thinks this:

... is OK for anyone, let alone an employer, has serious social problems. That is unacceptable anywhere.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   

+22 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Anyone that thinks this:

... is OK for anyone, let alone an employer, has serious social problems. That is unacceptable anywhere.

Ok so you agree that the people that have made fun of Trumps appearance have serious social problems, and therefore they are not qualified to criticize Trump. Thank you.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   

My contention in the OP is that the same people that are screaming today about how bad Trump is for this have done the same thing in their personal lives, and have publicly mocked Trumps appearance.

I've mocked many things about Trump. But I'm not running for the presidency. Politics is about perception and Trump at this point looks like a loser. I hold this as evidence.

HOW WOULD YOU DEFEND U.S. AGAINST CYBER ATTACKS?
Look at the mess that we’re in. Look at the mess that we’re in.
As far as the cyber, I agree to parts of what Secretary Clinton said, we should be better than anybody else, and perhaps we’re not. I don’t know if we know it was Russia who broke into the DNC. She’s saying Russia, Russia, Russia. Maybe it was. It could also be China, it could be someone sitting on their bed that weighs 400 pounds. You don't know who broke into DNC, but what did we learn? We learn that Bernie Sanders was taken advantage of by your people. By Debbie Wasserman Schultz.
Look what happened to her. But Bernie Sanders was taken advantage of. Now, whether that was Russia, whether that was China, whether it was another country, we don't know, because the truth is, under President Obama, we've lost control of things that we used to have control over. We came in with an internet, we came up with the internet.
And I think Secretary Clinton and myself would agree very much, when you look at what ISIS is doing with the internet, they're beating us at our own game. ISIS. So we have to get very, very tough on cyber and cyber warfare. It is a, it is a huge problem. I have a son.
He's 10 years old. He has computers. He is so good with these computers, it's unbelievable. The security aspect of cyber is very, very tough. And maybe it's hardly doable. But I will say, we are not doing the job we should be doing, but that's true throughout our whole governmental society. We have so many things that we have to do better, Lester and certainly cyber is one of them.

Tweeker speak....?

There's plenty more from where that came from....wanna hear it?

The next debate should just about finish off the Orange Messiah....
edit on 27-9-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Anyone that thinks this:

Ok so you agree that the people that have made fun of Trumps appearance have serious social problems, and therefore they are not qualified to criticize Trump. Thank you.

Bwahahahaha. Is this like Taming of the Shrew? "I say tis the moon, not the sun."

I said no such thing.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Except that was her job. She had a weight clause in her contract. Trump told her to lose weight because he was running a beauty pageant, and she was contractually obligated to stay a within a certain weight.

That's sexist and misogynistic in nature. What good is a beauty pageant if we can't accept every woman's size and shape regardless of health and eating habits?

Beauty pageants should not include restrictions that require a contestant to be attractive. Men need to learn that every woman is ideal regardless of her shape and size. And if they aren't attracted to every shape and size, they are part of this misogynist culture.

I propose that next year we protest to make it mandatory that pageant members reflect the average American woman instead of men's perception of the 'ideal' woman.

.......and Hillary, Adele, and Meghan Train can be a starting point.

Ghost

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Oh and notice that you hear this opinions about how dare Trump say something about a womans appearance on these main stream networks. Yet what kind of women do they mostly employ? Oh in shape attractive women?

I wonder why that is? But we know, its ok for them to focus on appearance because they know better than us.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Trump does not respect women. End of story.

My guess is that anyone who doesn't see this doesn't either.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Anyone that thinks this:

Bwahahahaha. Is this like Taming of the Shrew? "I say tis the moon, not the sun."

I said no such thing.

Well then by all means clarify!

Why mince words? It seems you are hesitating to say it is unacceptable for people to make jokes on Trumps weight, color, or other appearance jokes. Why is that?

You seem to want to say that only the exact situation that Trump is accused of is unacceptable.

But you are unbiased, right?

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Morosus
Trump does not respect women. End of story.

My guess is that anyone who doesn't see this doesn't either.

Yep, you got me. But according to Hillary we all suffer from implicit biases, so I guess you don't respect women either.

Oh, and what proof do you have that Trump doesn't respect women?

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Morosus

Neither does Hillary.

Reference: Kathy Shelton (the 12 year old who Hillary managed to undermine to get a child rapist off) and all the women that she has rebuked, who claim Bill assaulted them (Paula Jones, etc)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I fail to see how women could be upset over Donald criticizing a chubby woman, when almost all females over age 12 are obsessed with being slim.

Women spend billions of dollars on foods, drugs, articles, equipment, circulation inhibiting jeans and underwear... just to try and become or stay, SLIM. For different reasons than Trump, they too, criticize other women who put on "extra" pounds.

Personally, I adore the chubby shape. My wife once gave into societal pressure and lost 65 pounds. THANKFULLY, she gained it all back!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join