It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazon 'fixes' Hillary book review- 5-star ratings with scathingly negative comments?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   

If you can’t even win when the rules are changed in your favor, things must be REALLY bad.

That’s how it looks for Hillary Clinton’s new 2016 campaign book, “Stronger Together,” co-authored with running mate Tim Kaine.

WND reported just days ago when the book was being savaged on Amazon.com with negative reviews, with 81 percent one-star ratings and an average of only 1.7.

Clinton supporters lashed out at “trolls” they said were criticizing the book only because they oppose the Democrat’s presidential candidacy.

WND previously reported there were more than 1,200 reviews, and the number grew to than 2,000.

But Thursday afternoon, there were only 255, with many of the most critical reviews removed by Amazon, whose CEO, Jeff Bezos, owns the Washington Post, which created an army of 20 reporters and researchers to investigate the life of Donald Trump.

Victory for the Clinton book, however, remains out of grasp, with the negative, one-star responses, outnumbering positive, five-star responses nearly 2-1.

The one-star ratings Thursday were 62 percent, to 35 percent for five-star ratings.

And reviewers many times simply punched the five-star button then made harshly critical condemnations of the book and Hillary Clinton.

www.wnd.com...

Now this story has a particularly infuriating effect on me. Why? Because I have a book on Amazon myself, which many ATSers have read themselves. (The link to my book is in my signature.) I have had to deal with bad reviews, like any other author. But in one case, some idiot decided to reveal the entire book in his review to spoil it for everyone else.

Now I was willing to take the good with the bad, and for the other other bad reviews I just took it in stride. Not everyone is going to like your book, and I understand that. But to be so blatant as to reveal the entire plot in a review? No, just no.

So I wrote into customer service and asked them to take care of it, thinking it would be no problem. I gave them links and everything, and explained that this person was ruining it.

And what did I get back? Some form letter that said that they were all about customer service, and if a customer wanted to spoil my book by revealing all the details in a review, then fine. They were not going to interfere.

Oh really?

REALLY???

THEN WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING INTERFERING WITH HILLARY CLINTON'S BOOK REVIEWS? Particularly when the reviews are so bad, she couldn't even make 3 stars?

I guess since I am just some poor slob, and not a famous politician, then it's fine to do that to me, huh?

Yeah well, screw you Amazon and screw you Hillary. My measily little book still has a rating of 3.8 stars after 29 reviews. Even with spoiler reviews.

So the moral of the story here is if you think Amazon and Bezos won't leverage their muscle when it suits them, even politically, then think again. No, it is NOT a fair world.
edit on Mon Sep 26th 2016 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   
No source.

That's problem number 1.

Edit: now there is and it's WND, lulz ok.

Number 2 is you're emotionally driven.

But, more importantly, 3...
Do you honestly believe the trolls haven't been all over this to give it a bad review.

It's not hard to pretend you've read a book, create an account, and leave a "scathing report".

And reviewers many times simply punched the five-star button then made harshly critical condemnations of the book and Hillary Clinton.

For what purpose would you 5 star a book and then leave a bad report?

and Hillary Clinton.

For what purpose would you review a book and then go on an irrelevant political rant about its author?

No, there is plenty of problems and scandals with Hillary...

This is scraping the bottom of the barrel.

edit on 26-9-2016 by Hazardous1408 because: Noted.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

No, it is NOT a fair world.

Has it ever been one ?

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

No, it is NOT a fair world.

Has it ever been one ?

No, but many people try and keep failing to make it one. The same way the poster above you seems to have failed in understanding that the implication here is that Amazon is CHANGING the number of stars received on some reviews, while failing to delete or rewrite the actual comments of the reviewer- probably because that would be way too much work.

And the net effect is then a 5-star, scathing review- which makes no sense whatsoever.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   

I just left a one star review on the book after reading this thread. Guess what? It's not posted. Maybe it'll post eventually, but I've left plenty of Amazon reviews and all of them post within a minute or two, perhaps 10 minutes if I upload a photo with the written review.

Something stinks.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   
You have no control over what someone writes as a review.

If it is an OBVIOUS slander/TROLL review because the person dislikes the Author...Amazon can probably act.

Why?

It is not a "REAL" review.

If someone PAID for your book, and revealed the plot, that's too bad. At least its a REAL review by someone who read your book.

I have seen MANY people reveal plot details in MANY book reviews. It's not a NEW phenom.

But fake negative reviews for the sake of being BAD because the person wants to make Clinton look bad? Those probably break some kind of TOS or rule.

Amazon has a ton of horrendous books anyway, you should feel LUCKY to have so many positive reviews, being self published and all.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   

failed in understanding

Tell me about it...

WND is trash...

& you can't even comprehend your own source...

Then you have the front to say "failed in understanding"...

Tell me about it.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   

And the net effect is then a 5-star, scathing review- which makes no sense whatsoever.

It makes a lot of sense if you are Amazon....

They do not care about individual writers unless they are selling books....Hillary is a very large draw card of course they are going to "fudge the books " for her so to speak.....

The world is a business and always has been...nothing and i mean nothing gets done in this world without $$$ ruling the roost....

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland
You are probably correct. Clinton's book hasnt sold that many total copies...

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 01:59 AM
link   

This is indicative of Hillary's entire life.

One set of crappy rules for you and special rules for her and her cronies.

I am sorry, but Hillary is always going to be treated better.

Because she is special.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Is "Stronger Together" the Hillary book that only sold 3,000 copies across the entire planet? Sounds like a damned deodorant for couples.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 02:19 AM
link   

I think it would have been reasonable in that case to simply remove all Amazon reviews that didn't have the "verified purchase" tag.

In which case if it really was a disliked book, the remaining reviews would still reflect that. We all know there's a huge crowd that hates Hillary willing to drag her name through the mud more than she's already done it herself.

Don't get me wrong, I think she's a lying, evil, manipulative, murderous demon but dishonest product reviews are dishonest.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

For what purpose would you 5 star a book and then leave a bad report? 

That is common practice on Amazon and other online bookstores. They give five stars so people will read their review, and then proceed to rip the book to shreds in the review itself. It's very competitive, and that's how they spread negativity the quickest. It's absolutely deliberate, and I have zero doubt it was her haters who wrote the vast majority of those nasty reviews. Any time you see five stars and a negative review, it's a sure bet someone is doing it to make the author look bad. Some of them even admit in the body of the review that they gave five stars to make sure people saw their review, and often say they're doing it to warn people not to waste money on that particular book.

It's childish as hell, but then again so is most of the idiocy surrounding this farce of an election. People are going to get splinters under their fingernails from scraping the bottom of that barrel, if they're not careful.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Hillary is having her book ratings custom made, just like that YUGE podium to seem Tall....
Nope, it is NOT a fair world.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Seems to be back to the original one now..

AMAZON

1550 reviews, 85% 1 star reviews.

edit on 26/9/16 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   
My awesome 5 star review is still up there.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I wonder how much of an advance she got.

It's been out for a while with dismal sales.

I've only heard the book mentioned once on the news and that was to say how bad it's been doing.

Maybe her fans don't know about it or there are no fans?

But 5 stars and a crappy review, doesn't make sense. I've seen 2-3 stars and a decent overall review, tho.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
But 5 stars and a crappy review, doesn't make sense.

Irony.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   
How many of the reviews are from verified purchasers/owners of the book?

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Looks like shining a light on this has paid off... lots of the reviews are highlighting teh fact the numbers kept changing to less reviews than there were before and now the book is back to it's rightful standing - 1.5 stars. In other words people think it's utter # and it is being reflected as such.

<<   2 >>

join