It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men in an Audi car open fire into a crowd in Malmo, Sweden. Several casualties feared.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMNOTYOU

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
news.com.au

“We have an ongoing operation in the area and have a confirmed shootings with more than one injured. More we do not know because we are in the midst of it,” police spokesman Ewa-Gun Westford said. “Because it happened during a football derby between Malmö FF and Helsingborgs IF in town, there are many policemen on duty in Malmo tonight.”

It is not known if the two incidents are linked, but security services are on high alert across the city.

The Mirror reports a separate suspicious device was also found outside a school in Gothenburg.

Like Sweden’s other major cities, Malmo has seen a rise in gun violence in the past decade, often connected to feuds between rival gangs.

Gang violence?

Don't we have members from that area? They would know better than us guessing the tea leaves scattered in the MSM from across the ocean.

Most likely gang violence, 4 victims was taken to the hospital, where some people tried to get in, and make trouble.
The gang violence has been on a rise in malmø for some years now, and we see more and more of this stuff everyday

So in the US we have the Crips and the Bloods and MS-13. Do you guys have the Shias and the Sunnis?

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Nothing to see here gentleman that's just the new late 2016 Jihad model from Audi with a few custom extras

The specs for the 0-60 on their site explain it's not speed but rounds per minute

Joking aside I have been expecting these type of attacks for years,and sadly more will follow

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
These snide thread comments are so cancerous with all the religious bigotry and xenophobia being expressed.

a reply to: ketsuko

So in the US we have the Crips and the Bloods and MS-13. Do you guys have the Shias and the Sunnis?

You should travel the world, perhaps doing so will allow you to become cultured and help you avoid making ignorant comments. Btw, Malmo, Sweden is beautiful - been there.

The typical Malmö gang, according to Karlsson [Malmö's deputy police chief], is not really a gang at all. He says there are fluid constellations of young men, aged 20-25 or younger, of various ethnicities – Swedish and non-Swedish – with ever-changing loyalties.

www.thelocal.se...

a reply to: CaticusMaximus

Multiculturalism at its finest.

Who woulda thunk that opening your country up to every single third world hell hole on the planet would have gone badly?!

Multiculturalism is beautiful. Stop implying forced diversity is abnormal. Diversity is normal. What you seem to be used to is forced homogeneity, which is not normal at all.

What makes you believe Sweden has gone to hell in a hand-basket, anyway...? Have you been there...?

a reply to: maddy21

Malmo apparently has a large immigrant population...

America apparently has a large population who own guns with the highest crime rate of any industrialized nation in the world, with the most mass shootings than any other nation, which are committed by non-immigrants...

a reply to: Christosterone

Islamic extremism had no such renaissance...their sensibilities reside comfortably in the 7th century...

That is exactly why *some* Muslims are considered extremist. Let it marinate...

The irony for Islam is that they've been defended and encouraged by Progressives who will one day be made to bow on their knees to magic moon God and worship at the altar of a thuggish cult...

...but Jews, Christians and Muslims make up the three major Abrahamic religions - they all pray to the same God. See how ignorant your statement is now? It was very extremist...

I wish you all a very happy fulfilled life because it is painfully obvious you are not living one. Travel the world, get to know people outside of your culture, and you will come to realize how absurd and baseless your bigotry always was.
edit on 25-9-2016 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

Well look at that! I was right.

I'm sure Malmo is perfectly lovely like many large American cities so long as you know which areas of the city to avoid. In this case, that would be the neighborhoods where cops only go in groups of 4 for their own protection.

As neighbouring Norway becomes so safe police are preparing to hand in their firearms, Sweden is riding on the crest of a migrant gun crime wave fuelled by bloody gang wars.

Not only is gun crime in Sweden higher than all other Nordic nations combined, but such violence in just one city is enough alone to beat Sweden’s neighbours. Third largest city Malmö, in Sweden’s south-west, and just a ten minute train ride from Danish capital Copenhagen over the border, has recorded 63 people shot in the past five years.

Not only that, but "gang war" is PC shorthand for migrant violence. So not all of the multi-culturalism is beautiful.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

There was no shooting into a crowd as the thread title suggest. Also, I don't think the casualties will rise from this gang incident since there were only four people in the car that was being targeted. It might rise due to gang retaliation, tho. I hope not.

Newspaper Expressen says gunmen on motor scooters opened fire Sunday evening on a car they had been chasing through a neighbourhood in southern Malmo.

Police said they were investigating the case as an attempted murder. Like Sweden's other major cities, Malmo has seen a rise in gun violence in the past decade, often connected to feuds between rival gangs.

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Involutionist

There was no shooting into a crowd as the thread title suggest. Also, I don't think the casualties will rise from this gang incident since there were only four people in the car that was being targeted. It might rise due to gang retaliation, tho. I hope not.

Newspaper Expressen says gunmen on motor scooters opened fire Sunday evening on a car they had been chasing through a neighbourhood in southern Malmo.

Police said they were investigating the case as an attempted murder. Like Sweden's other major cities, Malmo has seen a rise in gun violence in the past decade, often connected to feuds between rival gangs.

www.cbc.ca...

Thank you.

Facts are always refreshing - - - to some of us.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Involutionist
These snide thread comments are so cancerous with all the religious bigotry and xenophobia being expressed.

You should travel the world, perhaps doing so will allow you to become cultured and help you avoid making ignorant comments. Btw, Malmo, Sweden is beautiful - been there.

The typical Malmö gang, according to Karlsson [Malmö's deputy police chief], is not really a gang at all. He says there are fluid constellations of young men, aged 20-25 or younger, of various ethnicities – Swedish and non-Swedish – with ever-changing loyalties.

www.thelocal.se...

a reply to: CaticusMaximus

Multiculturalism at its finest.

Who woulda thunk that opening your country up to every single third world hell hole on the planet would have gone badly?!

Multiculturalism is beautiful. Stop implying forced diversity is abnormal. Diversity is normal. What you seem to be used to is forced homogeneity, which is not normal at all.

What makes you believe Sweden has gone to hell in a hand-basket, anyway...? Have you been there...?

Isn't it the rape capitol of the world?

Malmo apparently has a large immigrant population...

America apparently has a large population who own guns with the highest crime rate of any industrialized nation in the world, with the most mass shootings than any other nation, which are committed by non-immigrants...

And that's been going down. Thank the 24 hour news cycle for it seemingly not.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Your whole viewpoint is warped.

The inflow of asylum seekers in Sweden, a country with one of the most liberal laws towards refugees, is putting an increasing strain on the country's police. There are now reportedly 55 areas in the country, where the law is not fully upheld.
Dubbed “no-go zones” in some media reports, there are now 55 areas in Swedish cities, where the police have significant problems in tackling crime. They are divided into three categories depending on how significant the risk to officers working there is.

Some of our liberal brethren deny the simple fact the no-go zones actually exist.

“We have a major crisis. Many colleagues are choosing to quit,” police officer Peter Larsson told the Norwegian broadcaster NRK. “A drastically worsened working environment means many colleagues are now looking for other work.”

If officers go into a no-go zone, they risk being verbally attacked or pelted with stones. Patrol cars may be set ablaze or stolen.

Read more
© Leonhard FoegerEU has 900 ‘no-go’ areas because of migrants, Hungary says
Crime rates in the blacklisted areas are on the rise, the police report said. The offenses range from vandalism to drug crimes to sex assaults and gun violence. One particular example is Malmo, Sweden's third-largest city, where more than 70 cars were set on fire by arsonists over several days. The police managed to arrest only one suspect while investigating those attacks.

Sounds like beautiful multiculturalism to me, only and if you are for the ruining of a nation.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Don't bother man. It's the usual basket of deplorables circlejerking each other.
Gang violence = moooozliiiim terrorism
Ghetto = Sharia no go zone

edit on 25-9-2016 by ErrorErrorError because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Not only that, but "gang war" is PC shorthand for migrant violence. So not all of the multi-culturalism is beautiful.

Again:

www.thelocal.se...

From your link that you quoted above:

Third largest city Malmö, in Sweden’s south-west, and just a ten minute train ride from Danish capital Copenhagen over the border, has recorded 63 people shot in the past five years.

Now, let your following words marinate when you weigh the fact that only 63 have been shot in the past FIVE YEARS in Malmo's south-west part of the city.

I'm sure Malmo is perfectly lovely like many large American cities so long as you know which areas of the city to avoid In this case, that would be the neighborhoods where cops only go in groups of 4 for their own protection.

Show me ONE large American city with an a population density similar to Malmo, Sweden with ONLY 63 people shot in the past five years.

In other words: Malmo is perfectly lovely UNLIKE any other large American cities...

To blame diversity within society as a factor in crime is just ludicrous. That is an unbelievably ignorant statement to make, especially after weighing the summary of your thoughts expressed in your comment. However, your last comment to me in the other thread takes the cake:

There are no American blacks who have lived through American racism,

Kudos to you, Miss. You certainly do have some big cojones to state the things you do. Everyone is entitled to speak their views, anyway. Cool cool.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
As a AUDI driver please do not tarnish us with the same brush

Sure we are mostly dickheads but extremist audi drivers are a minority.

Audi ackbar!

You win the Internet today for "Audi Ackbar"

edit on -05:002016Sun, 25 Sep 2016 20:31:27 -050030America/Chicago000000Sun, 25 Sep 2016 20:31:27 -0500SunAmerica/ChicagoSep by PorteurDeMort because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

You appear to be a well reasoned person with their head screwed on, but please - saying Christians, Muslims and Jews worship the same God is provably and patently false, in so many ways it's unreal.

Please do not propagate this lie. I will not delve deeper as this thread is not about this subject, however, deny ignorance.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Why was it even mentioned that these murders drove an Audi? Would the manufacturer have been mentioned if it was a Ford?

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Looking at cities with similar populations, Honolulu 8 murders last year so 40 after 5. and Henderson Nevada 3 last year so 15 over 5 years we'll say. I have found two so far.
But to your point, no cities in the US are not arranged like those in europe. The less crime prone citizens are much much more likely to be situated outside of the city in the US than in europe. Except for cities like NY.

I would have compared metro areas but that data is much harder to come by. Metro wise it would be compared to monster metros like Colorado springs, Des Moines, Syracuse, Boise, and Ft. Meyers and Toledo.

Boise metro vs malmo metro. Boise metro have lower murder rates than Malmo metro looking at the statistics I see thus far.

Edit my mistake I read murdered not shot. Henderson still likely meets your criteria and would boise metro vs malmo metro
edit on 25-9-2016 by jellyrev because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Well, of course, some of the attackers in France were French too but they were also ethnically of Middle Eastern descent and maybe second or third generation and had grown up in no-go zones.

It's OK to admit that your cities are plagued by generational poverty which begets gang activity and that certain ethnicities are more prone to it whether they are Swedish nationals or still not naturalized.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

To blame diversity within society as a factor in crime is just ludicrous. That is an unbelievably ignorant statement to make, especially after weighing the summary of your thoughts expressed in your comment. However, your last comment to me in the other thread takes the cake:

Wrong. A study conducted by Harvard political scientist Robert Putnam suggests that diversity hurts civic life and that differences can actually translate into distrust. He's been flamed for it by his peers but the study has stood strong.

After releasing the initial results in 2001, Putnam says he spent time "kicking the tires really hard" to be sure the study had it right. Putnam realized, for instance, that more diverse communities tended to be larger, have greater income ranges, higher crime rates, and more mobility among their residents -- all factors that could depress social capital independent of any impact ethnic diversity might have.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Well look at that! I was right.

I'm sure Malmo is perfectly lovely like many large American cities so long as you know which areas of the city to avoid. In this case, that would be the neighborhoods where cops only go in groups of 4 for their own protection.

As neighbouring Norway becomes so safe police are preparing to hand in their firearms, Sweden is riding on the crest of a migrant gun crime wave fuelled by bloody gang wars.

Not only is gun crime in Sweden higher than all other Nordic nations combined, but such violence in just one city is enough alone to beat Sweden’s neighbours. Third largest city Malmö, in Sweden’s south-west, and just a ten minute train ride from Danish capital Copenhagen over the border, has recorded 63 people shot in the past five years.

No, it's just your "ignorance" that keeps you from finding the beauty in muticultural gun violence.

😉

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   
wow. what a thread.

i wish i could see inside the mind of some people just to ponder...

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Gangs and football ...if there is ever a recipe for violence that combo pretty much takes the cake....

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Oh and i should have added you people who just jump on the "oh look violence must be immigrants" i just wanted to come right out and say you are a bunch radicals yourselves...you are so caught up in the hate spectrum you have failed to keep in check your own ....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join