It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Invading Aliens would lose a war vs. Mankind

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
This is assuming Aliens exist and want to attack the world to take it over as their homeplanet for whatever reason....

First off, their are 6 billion people on this planet, and dont think anyone capable of fighting, wouldn't be fighting... Secondly, the Aliens would need to bring atleast 12 billion to take over this planet, and that is ground troops, that is being a bit lenient too. Think about your own country, and think about how hard it would be for someone to invade into your country, and that is just a little piece of land in comparrison. I live in the United States so seeing someone successfully take over the U.S. is almost impossible for me to believe. We are talking about the world here. We can manufacture weapons after weapons here, while their supplies would be limited, so all we would have to do really is hold out long enough to force them to retreat. They could destroy our major cities, but what they couldn't do is finish us off. People would be hiding and killing them like in the revolutionary war for the U.S. I just don't see a way that they could take over the planet as the main inhabitants. I think we would rock them out. But if it was a space war we would get utterly destroyed.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
what if they have the death star ?

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
We have no idea what "they" are capable of. We don't have a clue what kind of technology they have either. How do you know that they couldn't push one button and all life would die on earth? How do you know they would have a limited supply of anything. Perhaps they could have a massive mothership above earth producing anything they needed. How could we hide? Maybe they have sensors that can detect any and all life on earth. Hide behind a wall from a squad of aliens. Maybe they technology to see throw walls. They can travel throw space so seeing threw walls is probaly pretty easy. What if they have force fields around all ships and individual aliens, that not even nuclear weapons could destroy.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Ye we have what 6 billion ppl. of how many are advanced enough to have at least half decent planes and arms.
Next point aliens who came here would have damn good bit of an arsenal behind them you dont think they came here in fossil fuel or something like that they would have to be hyper advanced and not shooting bullets any more in my opinion.

If i were to take a planet and being that advanced i would probably scortch it get rid of the oxygen get rid of the ppl. They prob wouldnt require anyone to mine our planet probably robots and stuff to do it for them.

Even if they didnt scortch us they just bombard us.....technologically advanced emp our world disable anything we had (Even though we could only fight from within our atmosphere) A nuke would probably never touch them as if they managed to get here they need shields to protect against radiation in first place.

In otherwards I just fell that your another American who is over shadowed with there own sence of your own inmortality. When will you Americans wake up and notice that there is always someone more advanced than yourself....... If they wanted to kill us they would.....

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
If they got the technology to fly to this planet they got the technology to destroy it

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Why would they be limited in weopens but we wouldn't?

We have no idea how powerful they are.

And indeed what if they do have a death star.

Then we are screwed.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Pawned: Mind control.

Next question?

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Aliens vs Mankind,

Highly highly technologically advanced race, using weapons we could not even fathom vs our high velocity projectile weapons.

Them vs us, would be no more then man with a bazooka Vs a gorilla. Whos gonna win that one? I doubt it'll be the gorilla.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
They could wipe us out with a virus.

Roper

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by minority2000uk
Ye we have what 6 billion ppl. of how many are advanced enough to have at least half decent planes and arms.
Next point aliens who came here would have damn good bit of an arsenal behind them you dont think they came here in fossil fuel or something like that they would have to be hyper advanced and not shooting bullets any more in my opinion.

If i were to take a planet and being that advanced i would probably scortch it get rid of the oxygen get rid of the ppl. They prob wouldnt require anyone to mine our planet probably robots and stuff to do it for them.

Even if they didnt scortch us they just bombard us.....technologically advanced emp our world disable anything we had (Even though we could only fight from within our atmosphere) A nuke would probably never touch them as if they managed to get here they need shields to protect against radiation in first place.

In otherwards I just fell that your another American who is over shadowed with there own sence of your own inmortality. When will you Americans wake up and notice that there is always someone more advanced than yourself....... If they wanted to kill us they would.....

hmmm... good points except me being an american has nothing to do with this, that was probably the least necessary thing to say. I was just saying that i could not imagine another country or countries successfully invading the United States as an example. But whatever, you are a mean person.

TPL

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   
It depends really on how their technology evolved. They could have made a break though in interstellar travel but still have weapons technology 30/40 years behind us, technology doesn't evolve at a equal rate across all aspects of use.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I'd have to say that they would be inclined to whoop our butt without much effort. If their current tech. is able to get to us from who knows where, they would have all new toys as wepons and that would give them one heck of a big advantage up on us. They may not even be able to live in an oxygen rich environment or who knows what.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Somebody in another thread mentioned that the radar affected the UFOs so that leaves the question of how to eliminate the ground troops. Any ideas?

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Uh, well, while a gun may be low tech compared to a laser, but guess what? Firing steel into flesh still gets the job done. Hell, in a book series the aliens were slowly infiltrating the human race cause they knew if they went hand to hand they would lose. Sure they had powerful advanced weapons, but guess what? 100% of the human race fires a bullet and 99.9% miss, they would still get slaughtered. But in the series they only had about 700mil in their race that could fight.... If a alien race wanted to fight us for the planet to live on they would have problems, but if they just wanted it to mine it and didn't really care if anything could live on it or not, we would lose. Oh well, we would nuke it before we gave it to them. I would anyways...

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
We ourselves do this all the time. We move into some new digs and find out it has a bug infestation. We set of a few bombs that the bugs don't even know exist or can't comprehend and poof, they are all dead and the place is ours.

If aliens decided to take this planet it would be much the same scenario. They don't hate us or consider us an enemy or give much thought to us actually. It's just that we have a really nice little piece of interstellar real estate and they have decide to become the new tenants.

I doubt mankind would even know what hit it.

Love and light to each of you,

Wupy

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by radagast

You genrally invade something to control it, not obliterate. I also think the topic starter has a very valid point. It would however be much more efficient to find a way to subliminally enslave a people, via playing on fears or whatnot. Either way, I don't see an alien invasion as something occuring within the course of the future, so it isn't high on my priority list to prepare for such a thing.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanp5555

Originally posted by minority2000uk

hmmm... good points except me being an american has nothing to do with this, that was probably the least necessary thing to say. I was just saying that i could not imagine another country or countries successfully invading the United States as an example. But whatever, you are a mean person.

Well I appoligise for that comment but there are a few american ppl on this forum who think so much of one country!

Lack of weapons you ever thought it could be powered by our sun harns the power of it. Fussion if they got to be simple...lol..... subspace ("If you a sci fi man") or god knows what else could power a energy weapon.

Virus would be a simple way but it have to be highly infectious plus very very good at killing ppl quickly and dont the quick killing ones die in the air quicker??

why control by fear then you get rebelous ppl. control by mind control

[edit on 22-1-2005 by minority2000uk]

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by radagast

Well wouldnt that defeat the whole purpose of the invasion?

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Why would they use weapons? Stop thinking in years and look at in decades, centuries. All one has to do is deplete the sperm count in males, the human race would die off and know one would be the wiser, after all aliens have been here for centuries I assume, and have far great technology than us monkey men.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
OK, just to clear a few things up-

Any alien race would not be invading the US for mining rights. There are thousands, if not millions or billions more natural resources contained in the asteroid belt and other uninhabited planets in our solar system alone, not to mention the countless other solar systems in our galaxy. Any race that would invade Earth for mineral resources is simply too stupid to build a paperclip, let alone a starship.

So, we're left with, what would the aliens want? They wouldn't need us as slaves, since simple machinery can far outperform a human being. If you want to subscribe to some sci-fi theory of 'host bodies' or whatever other nonsense you can imagine as to why they'd need humans, well, if they can get here and can defeat us without killing too many of us, they should be able to create their own hosts.

The only partially rational reason for an invasion of Earth would be that they need a habitat, but even that has problems. One, any interstellar race would likely have more citizens than Earth can maintain. Also, if they are able to move their entire civilization through interstellar space, they have likely created artifical habitats (to travel in) that can last for quite a while, so the point is moot.

So, (luckily), we can conclude that there is nothing on Earth worth taking. So the only reason aliens would declare war on humans if is they simply wanted us dead on principle, in which case a few choice asteroid redirections will spell the end of us. Better hope ET isn't a jerk

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join