It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Invading Aliens would lose a war vs. Mankind

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanp5555

hmmm... good points except me being an american has nothing to do with this, that was probably the least necessary thing to say. I was just saying that i could not imagine another country or countries successfully invading the United States as an example. But whatever, you are a mean person.

Are you like 13 years old?

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Huh, all we need is Jeff "G" from jurrasic park and a pc virus!

Oh yeah and randy quaid in a crop duster!

Right Whuppy?

[edit on 083131p://05018 by instar]

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by purecanadiantrash

He probably is, but to be fair, it would be pretty impossible right now for any single nation to invade the US (having the world's most powerful Navy and being between two oceans does that). And the global climate right now sorta precludes any sort of major coalition forming (China and Russia don't trust eachother any farther than their nukes can reach). Of course, assuming that a bunch of nations did unite against the US, it could possibly be done, but it would pretty much screw over the invaders as well.

Although I doubt he was thinking any farther past "Teh US is teh roxxorz" when he came to that conclusion

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica

He probably is, but to be fair, it would be pretty impossible right now for any single nation to invade the US (having the world's most powerful Navy and being between two oceans does that). And the global climate right now sorta precludes any sort of major coalition forming (China and Russia don't trust eachother any farther than their nukes can reach). Of course, assuming that a bunch of nations did unite against the US, it could possibly be done, but it would pretty much screw over the invaders as well.

Although I doubt he was thinking any farther past "Teh US is teh roxxorz" when he came to that conclusion

haha yeah, but this comparison between other countries and an invading alien threat makes no sense whatsoever, so who cares about what you just said.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   

haha yeah, but this comparison between other countries and an invading alien threat makes no sense whatsoever, so who cares about what you just said.

Well, as I already pointed out, any idea that involves aliens invading Earth period is a pretty ludicrious idea, I just figured I'd help the guy out

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   

You sound very young. You should at least reason out the scenorio before posting it.

Yes, there are six billion people, but how many of them have guns? And a more important question is to ask, how effective will bullets be on UFO's

Yes, people can hide, but how many would be safe from detection?

Yes, the aliens may be smaller in number than us, but what does it matter if their weapons are limitless. If you went into a jungle in a tank and armed with a machine gun, you could take all the animals dows. Alternatively, you could do the same with an air raid. You can do this by yourself.

If we were facing a highly advanced alien intelligence of unimaginable technology and ability, we would be in the same boat as the animals in the above example. Perhaps, one single UFO, will be enough to take us all down.

An invading alien species capable of interstellar travel could capture this planet in a single day. Let's be realistc now.

[edit on 22-1-2005 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   
WHAT if the Reptoids exist and they are an ancient dinosaur race and they want us off the planet because we were made/manipulated by an alien race so we aren't technically the original inhabbitant? and they want us off here because they are teratorial? what if they were starting to annihilate us because of that?

I doubt they would give us even a colony ship to start somewhere else since we'd have a grudge and possibly in the future retaliate...with who knows what...

I guess that's the only reason I could see for an invasion of any kind...

I did hear rumors that Russia, China, India and Brazil are considdering forming a NATO of their own since they feel threatend by NATO influence...but I have nothing to back this up with since it's only a rumor...

mrq

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Perhaps they're highly psychic, and can't stand 'hearing' our thoughts and/or feelings any more; consider us a major source of Psychic Pollution.

Seriously though, hard to say what chance an invading force would have against us when we know squat about them.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Having just gone thru raising three teenagers I can assure each of you the aliens are already here. They listen to rap, talk in a strange language and look at me like i'm some sort of invader from a differant demension.

The future looks bleak for planet earth.

Love and light : )

Wupy

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   
okay, let me give you my reasons for stating this, instead of you jerks calling me a 13 year old who loves the US, which i do love the US as it is my country as you all probably love your own countries but since i'm from the US i'm arrogant... hypocrites. The US vs. an invading force is what us humans like to call an example of someone invading another country. What that has to do with this whole scenario is that Aliens would be invading an entire world, let alone a country. And the fact that we know our world far better than any aliens could would prove to be a huge advantage. Other than Aliens having these devices which see through everything, or them killing sperm within males, or even killing off every living thing on this planet, which in turn would kill off all the fish, all the algae, all the bacteria, all the trees, EVERYTHING, i really believe it would be hard for aliens to do so. This thread isn't about are aliens going to attack us, i dont even really believe in Aliens, it was a thereotical question i was asking. Here let me us another example of the US and how i can relate it to humans vs. aliens. The US is searching for Osama Bin Laden, but he has all these underground tunnels that go through mountains and such so we are having a really hard time locating him. And that is one person! Now, this isn't can Aliens blow up earth, it is strictly for inhabiting the Earth for whatever reasons. And to that i say NO Aliens could not successfully manage a full scale invasion of the Earth, we would win. We would win with supplies because we have something that is called natural resources at our disposal, and they wouldn't have these at their disposal, they wouldn't have massive amounts of factories, or all the food supply we have. We would simply cause them to abandon the war. The whole thing makes a lot of sense. But I will take the high road, unlike all of you, and not insult you. And to those select few i have just one thing to say, just because you love your country doesn't mean i cant love mine, and as soon as you state that i love the US and im arrogant for that you have shown how much of a hypocrite you truly are....

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 04:50 AM
link   
C'mon now... Do you honestly think we'd stand a chance? I can think of a million ways they could take over the planet off the top of my head. Why do you think they would invade on the ground? Thats ridiculous. They would only have to bomb major citys and military installations, do you know what that would do to us? It would be chaos, we wouldnt band together, it probably wouldnt even be apparent as to what the hell is going on. They could just sit back and wait for us to destroy ourselves. Or they could produce a deadly virus which only affects humans and spread it throughout the world within a couple of hours. What if they run out of resources? No problem, they'd just be back in a day or two. Seriously, the possibilities are endless, but there is no possible way they would invade with their weakness. They would obviously have superior aircraft, what makes you think they would leave to fight on the ground?

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by minority2000uk
Ye we have what 6 billion ppl. of how many are advanced enough to have at least half decent planes and arms.
Next point aliens who came here would have damn good bit of an arsenal behind them you dont think they came here in fossil fuel or something like that they would have to be hyper advanced and not shooting bullets any more in my opinion.

If i were to take a planet and being that advanced i would probably scortch it get rid of the oxygen get rid of the ppl. They prob wouldnt require anyone to mine our planet probably robots and stuff to do it for them.

Even if they didnt scortch us they just bombard us.....technologically advanced emp our world disable anything we had (Even though we could only fight from within our atmosphere) A nuke would probably never touch them as if they managed to get here they need shields to protect against radiation in first place.

In otherwards I just fell that your another American who is over shadowed with there own sence of your own inmortality. When will you Americans wake up and notice that there is always someone more advanced than yourself....... If they wanted to kill us they would.....

Wow, I know americans aren't all that popular in Europe right now, but there are much more effective ways to get your points across than personal attacks. You don't have any idea what Ryan or any american is all about. How many Americans have you met and gotten to know anyway? None? Europeans are proud of their heritage, but they have a lot to be ashamed of as well.

Remember World War I and World War II? The U.S. is the nation that brought those conflicts to an end and rebuilt ALL of the nations devestated by those stupid and wasteful conflicts. All at TREMENDOUS cost both human and financial. While brutal genocide was happening in the Balkins, you Europeans put your head in the sand and just pretended it wasn't happening. It was the U.S. that forced political and military action to stop it and forced the leaders to some kind of justice. Don't forget, the UK is still an occupation force in Northern Ireland, and who was it that finally brokered peace and stopped the violence there, oh yea, it was the Americans. And lets not forget about Africa, in many of those former European colonies brutality rules, and who did they learn that from, from their cultured European masters.

I am not all that happy with what has been happening in Iraq, and I voted my concience, as did many tens of millions of other Americans so don't you dare generalize and crap on the people of the U.S. who provide more money and aid to other poorer nations than any other nation on the f'ing planet. The U.S. is like a cop or a lawyer, you hate them until you really need one, then they are your best friend.

Now to respond to your thoughts on the original posting...

Scorching the planet - Why would you come all that way to scorch a living planet just to mine it? There are plenty of materials floating in the asteroid belt, and they would be a lot easier to get at for an advanced, interstellar space faring race than those on a planet. Doesn't it make sense that if a malevolent alien species who had the ability to travel between stars would wan't to preserve the life supporting qualities of our world. Wouldn't that preclude them from scorching the planet? Isn't a habitable world much more valuable than the resources they could get in abundance between the orbits of Mars and Saturn?

Tactical Bombardment - If they were in a hurry, they could easily destroy our civilization in less than a week. What would happen if they destroyed most of our electrical grid, communication systems, seaports, airports and population centers? Most of us would die (at least in the developed world, ironically, the third world would tend not to be impacted very much since they are primarily local agrarian based cultures and do not rely on modern anything to survive) We would quickly revert to more clan based or feudal warlord based societies that wouldn't be much of a threat. It would be a very bad place to live also.

Biological Warfare - In my opinion, if there really were aliens who would wanted Earth for their very own, they would just tailor a human killer virus and let it loose. After a few months, we would all be rat food. All they would have to do is sit parked in a high orbit where we couldn't touch them.

Strategic Bombardment - Take a large nickle-Iron asteroid and put it into an Earth intercept orbit. Wait a few months or years and voila, most life on earth is gone. I think that this would do to much damage to the planet however.

Given the cost and logistics issues with moving interstellar distances, we probably aren't going to see 12 billion alien soldiers any time soon. Any takeover plans will be subtle and hidden from view. IMHO, this is why there are so many cover ups, so much disinformation, so many unknowns. This is why the government will never publically disclose what is going on. Whatever is going on is a clandestine operation for sure.

I find it hard to believe that an alien species wouldn't have some agenda, and there is no reason to believe that they would necessarily want to help us. I bet that it breaks out in some kind of normal distribution with Malevalent on one side of the distribution, apathy as the norm, and Benevalence at the other end of the distribution curve.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by TPL
It depends really on how their technology evolved. They could have made a break though in interstellar travel but still have weapons technology 30/40 years behind us, technology doesn't evolve at a equal rate across all aspects of use.

If they didn't have more powerful weopons than us they wouldn't be attcking us.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
Why would they use weapons? Stop thinking in years and look at in decades, centuries. All one has to do is deplete the sperm count in males, the human race would die off and know one would be the wiser, after all aliens have been here for centuries I assume, and have far great technology than us monkey men.

Hey i saw that episode of stargate SG-1

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I thought about this and say they just released poision into the atomosphere. but on the other hand whereas we are immune to the common cold almost it might be like cancer to them or summut along them lines

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   

okay, let me give you my reasons for stating this, instead of you jerks calling me a 13 year old who loves the US, which i do love the US as it is my country as you all probably love your own countries but since i'm from the US i'm arrogant... hypocrites. The US vs. an invading force is what us humans like to call an example of someone invading another country. What that has to do with this whole scenario is that Aliens would be invading an entire world, let alone a country. And the fact that we know our world far better than any aliens could would prove to be a huge advantage. Other than Aliens having these devices which see through everything, or them killing sperm within males, or even killing off every living thing on this planet, which in turn would kill off all the fish, all the algae, all the bacteria, all the trees, EVERYTHING, i really believe it would be hard for aliens to do so. This thread isn't about are aliens going to attack us, i dont even really believe in Aliens, it was a thereotical question i was asking. Here let me us another example of the US and how i can relate it to humans vs. aliens. The US is searching for Osama Bin Laden, but he has all these underground tunnels that go through mountains and such so we are having a really hard time locating him. And that is one person! Now, this isn't can Aliens blow up earth, it is strictly for inhabiting the Earth for whatever reasons. And to that i say NO Aliens could not successfully manage a full scale invasion of the Earth, we would win. We would win with supplies because we have something that is called natural resources at our disposal, and they wouldn't have these at their disposal, they wouldn't have massive amounts of factories, or all the food supply we have. We would simply cause them to abandon the war. The whole thing makes a lot of sense. But I will take the high road, unlike all of you, and not insult you. And to those select few i have just one thing to say, just because you love your country doesn't mean i cant love mine, and as soon as you state that i love the US and im arrogant for that you have shown how much of a hypocrite you truly are....

Did you listen to what everyone just said? It seems you've just repeated everything you said originally again. Let me give you an idea of alien technology based on our own theoretical science.

"We know our world far better"

No we don't. I don't even know my entire city, I still find new places. However, I'll give you an idea of the kind of surveying technology capability.

We, currently have the ability to observe the entire surface of the planet from space imaging satellities to an accuracy of reading the liscence plate on a car. We can also view via infrared imagery view the activity inside solid rooms. However, certain types of materials can block IR scanning, This means, even without alien technology, anyone hiding on the surface is most likely to be detected.

Now, with alien technology and through advanced imaging technology, it would be possible to look through solid objects. This would be similar to IR imaging, except, it would provide real-time and high resolution imagery of activity in rooms. Using this technology, it would be possible to look underground and map out every crevice and tunnel.

It would only be common sense that the alien species would have already mapped out the Earth precisely and to an impeccable level of accuracy that it would have the entire Earth mapped on it's computers, which in turn could produce holographic representations of it, replete with people. If it were planning an invasion, it would only make sense, that it would have prepared for it through several holographic war scenorios.

Further, suppose it were true that we are constantly giving of energy transmissions in the form thoughts and have a unique signature. An alien species would be able to intercept all this information and detect any life signs anywhere in the world.

In short: You will not be able to hide from aliens

We would win with supplies because we have something that is called natural resources at our disposal, and they wouldn't have these at their disposal, they wouldn't have massive amounts of factories, or all the food supply we have. We would simply cause them to abandon the war.

The aliens do have natural and unlimited resources, they have the earths magnetic field, hydrogen and oxygen in the air, solar power and a universal vacuum field. They may even use an anti-matter and fusion reactor, where only a few micrograms of fuel would be more than enough for the entire mission. Each would be enough to provide them them necessary power for an indefinite period of time.

Further, you are assuming their weapons would be using ammo. Have you never seen a phaser in Star Trek?

As for factories. Have you heard of nanotechology? Small nanoscopic robots could assemble an entire structure within minutes/hours. Alternatively, they could simply unleash a nano virus that spreads rapidly and consumes all humans.

As for food. How do you know they require food? And if they did, considering how short the duration of the war would be, the food onboard would be sufficient.

or even killing off every living thing on this planet, which in turn would kill off all the fish, all the algae, all the bacteria, all the trees, EVERYTHING

You have obviously not heard of gene-specific weapons. These are weapons or viruses that are programmed to kill specific kind of genes or DNA. So, the aliens could simply release a virus that only kills humans.

No one is shooting you down for asking the question, but at least think about what you are writing and use your imagination. I think even the most extreme skeptic of alien technology would have been a tad more imaginative.

[edit on 23-1-2005 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptAvatar

Originally posted by minority2000uk
Ye we have what 6 billion ppl. of how many are advanced enough to have at least half decent planes and arms.
Next point aliens who came here would have damn good bit of an arsenal behind them you dont think they came here in fossil fuel or something like that they would have to be hyper advanced and not shooting bullets any more in my opinion.

If i were to take a planet and being that advanced i would probably scortch it get rid of the oxygen get rid of the ppl. They prob wouldnt require anyone to mine our planet probably robots and stuff to do it for them.

Even if they didnt scortch us they just bombard us.....technologically advanced emp our world disable anything we had (Even though we could only fight from within our atmosphere) A nuke would probably never touch them as if they managed to get here they need shields to protect against radiation in first place.

In otherwards I just fell that your another American who is over shadowed with there own sence of your own inmortality. When will you Americans wake up and notice that there is always someone more advanced than yourself....... If they wanted to kill us they would.....

Wow, I know americans aren't all that popular in Europe right now, but there are much more effective ways to get your points across than personal attacks. You don't have any idea what Ryan or any american is all about. How many Americans have you met and gotten to know anyway? None? Europeans are proud of their heritage, but they have a lot to be ashamed of as well.

Remember World War I and World War II? The U.S. is the nation that brought those conflicts to an end and rebuilt ALL of the nations devestated by those stupid and wasteful conflicts. All at TREMENDOUS cost both human and financial. While brutal genocide was happening in the Balkins, you Europeans put your head in the sand and just pretended it wasn't happening. It was the U.S. that forced political and military action to stop it and forced the leaders to some kind of justice. Don't forget, the UK is still an occupation force in Northern Ireland, and who was it that finally brokered peace and stopped the violence there, oh yea, it was the Americans. And lets not forget about Africa, in many of those former European colonies brutality rules, and who did they learn that from, from their cultured European masters.

I am not all that happy with what has been happening in Iraq, and I voted my concience, as did many tens of millions of other Americans so don't you dare generalize and crap on the people of the U.S. who provide more money and aid to other poorer nations than any other nation on the f'ing planet. The U.S. is like a cop or a lawyer, you hate them until you really need one, then they are your best friend.

Now to respond to your thoughts on the original posting...

Scorching the planet - Why would you come all that way to scorch a living planet just to mine it? There are plenty of materials floating in the asteroid belt, and they would be a lot easier to get at for an advanced, interstellar space faring race than those on a planet. Doesn't it make sense that if a malevolent alien species who had the ability to travel between stars would wan't to preserve the life supporting qualities of our world. Wouldn't that preclude them from scorching the planet? Isn't a habitable world much more valuable than the resources they could get in abundance between the orbits of Mars and Saturn?

Tactical Bombardment - If they were in a hurry, they could easily destroy our civilization in less than a week. What would happen if they destroyed most of our electrical grid, communication systems, seaports, airports and population centers? Most of us would die (at least in the developed world, ironically, the third world would tend not to be impacted very much since they are primarily local agrarian based cultures and do not rely on modern anything to survive) We would quickly revert to more clan based or feudal warlord based societies that wouldn't be much of a threat. It would be a very bad place to live also.

Biological Warfare - In my opinion, if there really were aliens who would wanted Earth for their very own, they would just tailor a human killer virus and let it loose. After a few months, we would all be rat food. All they would have to do is sit parked in a high orbit where we couldn't touch them.

Strategic Bombardment - Take a large nickle-Iron asteroid and put it into an Earth intercept orbit. Wait a few months or years and voila, most life on earth is gone. I think that this would do to much damage to the planet however.

Given the cost and logistics issues with moving interstellar distances, we probably aren't going to see 12 billion alien soldiers any time soon. Any takeover plans will be subtle and hidden from view. IMHO, this is why there are so many cover ups, so much disinformation, so many unknowns. This is why the government will never publically disclose what is going on. Whatever is going on is a clandestine operation for sure.

I find it hard to believe that an alien species wouldn't have some agenda, and there is no reason to believe that they would necessarily want to help us. I bet that it breaks out in some kind of normal distribution with Malevalent on one side of the distribution, apathy as the norm, and Benevalence at the other end of the distribution curve.

Excuse me.....America did all the work in world war 1 and 2 my ????? they came in when it suited there needs (Bit like Iraq). Britian faced the enemy britian protected its country against all numbers yes we needed help but we didnt just drop our planes off at the airport and went to the pub when we say a few american boats, planes and men float across the sea.... We had some of the most successful raids of both wars..... I know the American film companys like to picture it as an American trumpy....Even made a movie of it (Ok they changed it so some man who didnt shoot anything down was the hero.... He might of did a bit of friendly fire theyr good at that)

Anyway I am not against the American people i am against the attitude that some or some ppl would class many of them have. If you didnt help Sadam get to power would have to go in. You didnt bomb the muslims you wouldnt have suck a problem. Your goverment has such a relentless feeling towards other nations losses (I believe the UK has greater ff deaths than from actual muslim "Freedom Fighters")

Anyway back on to the subject why could you not feel America could not be invaded nor the earth in general all i got to say is doing from behind the seens either place ppl in high governing places (Surerly they can clone) and bring the world done from inside.

A reason for them to invade hell why not the Americans/UK did it. Another were just cattle (Someone must find us taste). Another we are just game out for the hunt.

If we want to be up ourself like many Sci-fi films they fear what we maybe become......(Star dust the way we are going at the moment).

And to the person that started the post I just wondered why you do not believe in Aliens as I see it if they do not exsist why do we.....We are no special than anything else that is givin birth in this planet or in the next galaxy.... We are purerly bacteria is an ever expanding universe... abd at the moment a virus to our own planet.

[edit on 23-1-2005 by minority2000uk]

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
by not existing i meant in the form of visiting our planet with UFO's. Of course there is some sort of Alien species out there somewhere. Secondly, it's not that i dont believe it is possible for the US to be invaded, i just can't see it happening with success. Just like the one person said, it would come at such a great cost to the invader that even if they did win, it wouldn't be deemed successful. Unless these aliens are flying around the world and taking out human being after human being with their space ships, which i'm sure would be quite tedious, they would have to enter with ground troops, because as we know they are trying to take over earth so they can live here. Thus, they would need to totally irridicate us. I'm sorry i just don't see this happening. We are talking about a war here, and by war i mean us vs. them, not them secretly destroying us...

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Well this has been a hoot.

If they had to take the world on in a conventional war we will kick butt.
In the USA there are 80 to 100 million gun owners, so like the Japanese admiral said" We can not invade America, there will be a rifle behind every blade of grass"

With 5.56 ammo we are handicapped and they will have armor to wear also. But who knows, right.

I don't think anyone/ thing is going to invade the world but our thinking may not be their thinking.

Of course we may find out that ET has his own version of SHOCK & AWE.

Roper

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Personally, I believe these aliens are either Neutral or completely benign...

Any other case just would not make SENSE...

I think the person closest to the truth is probably David Serena, the most brilliant UFOlogist IMHO...

I hope he is right, Zachary Stitchin's 12th planet scenerio is quite scary...I know some people believe that...

Why would they invade us now? what makes us such a good target now that we can decimate our world in a few seconds with nukes?

I can only conclude that whatever they planned for us is peaceful...

BUT when 2012 comes, I will have my guns drawn just in case...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join