It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Invading Aliens would lose a war vs. Mankind

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Excuse me.....America did all the work in world war 1 and 2 my ????? they came in when it suited there needs (Bit like Iraq). Britian faced the enemy britian protected its country against all numbers yes we needed help but we didnt just drop our planes off at the airport and went to the pub when we say a few american boats, planes and men float across the sea.... We had some of the most successful raids of both wars..... I know the American film companys like to picture it as an American trumpy....Even made a movie of it (Ok they changed it so some man who didnt shoot anything down was the hero.... He might of did a bit of friendly fire theyr good at that)

Anyway I am not against the American people i am against the attitude that some or some ppl would class many of them have. If you didnt help Sadam get to power would have to go in. You didnt bomb the muslims you wouldnt have suck a problem. Your goverment has such a relentless feeling towards other nations losses (I believe the UK has greater ff deaths than from actual muslim "Freedom Fighters")

Anyway back on to the subject why could you not feel America could not be invaded nor the earth in general all i got to say is doing from behind the seens either place ppl in high governing places (Surerly they can clone) and bring the world done from inside.

A reason for them to invade hell why not the Americans/UK did it. Another were just cattle (Someone must find us taste). Another we are just game out for the hunt.

If we want to be up ourself like many Sci-fi films they fear what we maybe become......(Star dust the way we are going at the moment).

And to the person that started the post I just wondered why you do not believe in Aliens as I see it if they do not exsist why do we.....We are no special than anything else that is givin birth in this planet or in the next galaxy.... We are purerly bacteria is an ever expanding universe... abd at the moment a virus to our own planet.

[edit on 23-1-2005 by minority2000uk]

I never said America did all the work, I have huge respect for the generation of British and our other allies that fought and endured the war. However if it were not for the resources and men and women of the US, you would be writing this in German, not english. Lol, it was a little more than a few, wasn't it something like 1,000,000 men? 1000's of ships and 100,000 aircraft? And why is it strange for a nation only to do something when it is in it's best interest? To do anything else would be irresponsible at best. You also completely missed my point. Europeans started these conflicts and the U.S. finished them, rebuilt the nations, and then left and didn't ask for anything much in return other than "Please don't do this again". When did we bomb muslims without provocation? Huh? You don't know because violent responses from the U.S. need to be justified. The U.S. is far from perfect, but as Tom Clancy said, "don't kick the tiger in the *ss unless you have a plan to deal with its teeth".

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanp5555

First off, their are 6 billion people on this planet, and dont think anyone capable of fighting, wouldn't be fighting. I live in the United States so seeing someone successfully take over the U.S. is almost impossible for me to believe. People would be hiding and killing them like in the revolutionary war for the U.S. I just don't see a way that they could take over the planet as the main inhabitants. But if it was a space war we would get utterly destroyed.

First of all, maybe they have 100 billion, we can't assume there are only a million or what not. They could have quadruple as much "life" then we do. I live in the U.S. as well, I don't understand your logic here.

I think we don't know exactly what they can or cannot do, so it is implausable to assume things. Maybe they'd kick our butts, and wipe us out. Maybe we'd win? I, personally, doubt it though.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   
First they'd have to have a reason. Maybe they don't need oxygen at all, maybe Earth wouldn't even support them in terms of temperature and other conditions. We'd have to piss them off or they'd just be intergalactic a-holes. But anyway, it's possible that we could beat them by some idiocy on their part. Ever seen or read Dune? Their shields block against projectiles but a knife can go right through. The aliens could be so advanced that they have no reason to defend against our most advanced weapons, simply because they're not used within their race. And think of our space ships and satellites- they aren't armed one bit.

But I doubt it. They'd just bomb or vaporize us from above. Just for fun, if for nothing else.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 12:19 AM
link   
This is one of the stupidest threads I've ever read. Wait, I'd say a good 90% of all the content on this message board is pert near made up of ridiculous pipedreams and asburd questions that should have never been conjured to begin with. Some of you people really need to make better use of your time, and this is coming from a 20 year old who does nothing but get bombed, play risk, and then get bombed some more.

Self-proclaimed World War connoisseur dude really needs to take his head out of his ass, or at the very least take some history at his local community college.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Why Earth....? lol

Are we talking about the same Aliens who "Created" us?

Its been 2000 years since um Jesus's Death so I'm pretty sure they have replicators that can satisfy their every need.

Who says their still around? For all we know their all dead!

And I thought these aliens were "LOGICAL", If you were going to mine or keep a planet for what ever purpose why "create" a species who would be exhausting natural materials on that Planet? Isn't that Illogical? UNLESS WERE THE ONES WHO ARE TO BE MINED!! MUWAHOWHAOHOAHOAHOW

I thought the Aliens wanted US not the Planet!

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I don't know what was posted in the rest of the thread, (looks like a bunch of off topic bickering) but I'll address the idea that we would win against an alien force invading the planet.

Let me throw out this scenario: The aliens, without even landing on the planet or alerting us to their presence, manufacture 6 billion tiny, self-propelled fletchettes or "missiles". They release them in orbit, where they dive down into the atmosphere, and seek out every living human being on the planet using sensors build into the fletchettes. The entire human race is exterminated within 2 or 3 seconds, never knowing what hit them, and without a shot being fired.

I could rattle off a dozen more of these scenarios that show how aliens, not much more advanced than us could wipe out the entire human race without us even knowing about their presence. And that's just assuming the aliens are a few hundred years ahead of us, not millions or billions of years. So while massive alien invasions make for good sci-fi, there's a good chance they might not even go through the trouble.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I can understand why you would want to calm yourself if you think they are here to attack, but wouldn't it be a lot easier just believing that since they have not attacked yet this would in fact go over as the slowest invasion of all time, and therefor they are in fact friendly? Wouldn't it just be easier for you?

That way you wouldn't have to work so hard deceiving yourself on how we could fight back a superior race, in fact a superior universe of other beings.

If you started believing that they are friendly you would not have to streach your imagination so much to stay calm...

Please stay calm, they might be concerned by our mistrust of others (pun intended) our violence combined with our more and more advanced and deadly weapons, but if they wanted to invade why wait for thousands of years while we get more and more advanced? And if you don't believe they have been here so long why even wait 50 years?

We should concern ourselves however with our ways here on earth and how far we let our leaders go in their manipulation of the public when going to war etc.

Could they be forced to terminate us in order to keep the peace in the rest of the universe, the same way we treat a tumor in order to save the rest of the organism?

This is cause of concern.

Sincerely

Cade

[edit on 24-1-2005 by Cade]

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cade
I can understand why you would want to calm yourself if you think they are here to attack, but wouldn't it be a lot easier just believing that since they have not attacked yet this would in fact go over as the slowest invasion of all time, and therefor they are in fact friendly? Wouldn't it just be easier for you?

That way you wouldn't have to work so hard deceiving yourself on how we could fight back a superior race, in fact a superior universe of other beings.

If you started believing that they are friendly you would not have to streach your imagination so much to stay calm...

Please stay calm, they might be concerned by our mistrust of others (pun intended) our violence combined with our more and more advanced and deadly weapons, but if they wanted to invade why wait for thousands of years while we get more and more advanced? And if you don't believe they have been here so long why even wait 50 years?

We should concern ourselves however with our ways here on earth and how far we let our leaders go in their manipulation of the public when going to war etc.

Could they be forced to terminate us in order to keep the peace in the rest of the universe, the same way we treat a tumor in order to save the rest of the organism?

This is cause of concern.

Sincerely

Cade

[edit on 24-1-2005 by Cade]

Your absouletly right! To bad no one can see your perspective though, their all hung up on "The Greys" and "The Wookies" are coming to suck our souls or w/e

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I aint saying there friendly or not..... I dont even know if they are here at this second..... Why would they even need to invade and take over the planet within a short period kill us off slowly would be best result....They would of been around for a long time so whats a little longer.

Why would it be tedious to use ufo to kill us think about it they could probably use a short burst of highly toxic radiation that would be over in a few minutes but decicrated us.

Also I belive they would have a way to eliminate our nuke from being radioactive.......Aint we even close to managing this??

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Anyway if they did invade the UK we could always ask Captavatar to come and rescue us again.........or sort out the occupying force and broker a peace treaty again........or if genocide starts, we certainly couldn't rely on any of our European allies to help.....we'll just call Captavatar......

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
The ancient sumerian creation myth states the we have been created by beings from space. What if we went wrong? Just another experiment to destroy and start over? Maybe some genetic modification to fix the errors? How would we be aware?
Like someone stated earlier maybe we're just tasty food? We're just their version of Mckeedies! Gives me the shudders just thinkin about it.
But i honestly dont think we'll ever be invaded by aliens from space. I believe that we've had them meddling with our planet for thousands of years. There has never been an invasion before...what's so special about now? If they really were smart they would Divide and conquer!
Besides we're "Mostly Harmless"

Why is everyone flaming CaptAvatar?
What is wrong with loving the US!? Sure we made a huuuuge blunder by invading iraq and yes we( the money-whor*ng Govt) have personal interests. Every American i have spoken to is completely against the political situtation we're in right now. Majority of the US doesnt support the war! We have a friggin half-a$$ed dictator who cant even speak proper english!
Besides wasnt it the UK that went around invading countries and suppressing them until they revolted? Hmmm seeems like bushie dear is doing just the same...Wonder where he got that idea from?
Uk just found a fan who wants to follow in their footsteps

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   
the aliens weapon has already been documented by hollywood. Just watch Xmen 2 and you will see what would happen to mankind if the the alien threat decided to come "take us out".

Remember that science fiction is just reality that has yet to happen.

Its called subsonic interference and it can be tuned to only affect a certain species in this case it would be tuned specifically for man. It would be the gradual introduction of a sub sonic resonace that affect Alpha brain wave transmissions to neurons in the head slowely each human that was not sealed in an airtight/sonic enclosure would begin to get headaches/ nausea etc. Basically in-capacitate them. Gradually they could turn up the "amperage" and with prolonged exposure cause humans into fits of madness and possbily strokes, anuerisims (spelling?) etc. Of course this sonic interuption of our brain functions would have no affect on there troops, so they would dispatch a few thousand ground troops, go in and destroy high level threats like ICBM launch sites, aircraft bases, naval batteries etc and then just wait around until all the humans have dies off from starvation, since having severe migraines or strokes etc would make them incapable for motor function. And the Aliens could take the planet and do what they want, maybe even eat some of the dead, who knows.

They would not have to take us by force.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
No, they would not be killing humans one by one. Even, we do not do that. I would really like to write a 101 ways for aliens to destroy humans, but I don't have the time. Let's look at some ways:

A single 10 MT nuclear weapon would kill millions in one go. A 10 MT(10 warheads) MIRV, would kill tens of millions.

Now, if aliens, detonated a 10TT equivalent death ray or superbomb (shoots 10 times) it would kill hundreds of millions and wipe out countries. The most powerful countries in the world are: America, Russia, China, India, France, United Kingdom, Israel. They would all be obliterated within seconds.

With the best human powers wiped out, aliens could land and enslave the rest reeling from the destruction.

Alternatively, it could deploy the Alien equivalent of a neutron bomb, and kill all living organisms on Earth, while leaving our infrastructure intact.

It could manipulate our weather, induce hundreds of killer storms, blizzards, tsunamis and earthquakes worldwide. To give you an idea of how destructive that would be, the recent Tsunami in SE Asia killed 250,000+ people and literally flattened land. Multiply that by 100, and you will get an idea of what aliens could do.

I've already discussed nano weapons and DNA weapons, deployed once, all humans around the world will be eradicated.

Whichever you look at it, the aliens win.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
What if we're attacked by some weird primate aliens that engage in combat with claws like in the alien movies? It all depends.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
what if they bleed acid ?

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by radagast
what if they bleed acid ?

What if they bleed acid and fly!

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I think the original poster has been reading a book series by Harry Turtledove called World War, and that is what this thread is based off of. In the scenario the book puts forward, A group of aliens that call themselves The Race invade Earth about 2 years into World War 2. In the books the race progress in a very controlled and slow by human standards way. In the books the race's motivation is to add us to their empire as a colony world. Their technology is primarilly about 25 years ahead of us now, and their invasion fleet was designed around information gathered by high sub-light propes i.e they thought we'd be riding ponies and swinging swords. In the books humanity has one thing going for them, Ginger is like coc aine for The Race. As the series progresses the armies of the world successfully reverse engineer more and more alien technology while those in occupied areas sabotage the aliens efforts to manufacture more weaponry.

In an invasion scenario where aliens don't kill us all outright through bio weapons nukes etc. I think it is fairly likelly that we could rebound and win. Good post man

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
God is an alien and he created us and he can destroy us.
Or maybe as someone else said we would just be food for them.
What if they are just preparing us for war with another alien race such as the Zerg from Starcraft? Maybe they need help battling them and we might come in handy that’s why they have been giving us technology.
Back to the point Aliens don’t need to send out a full scale invasion to destroy earth. All they would need is a couple of Arbiter’s to cloak there fleet of Carriers and just completely smash all of our defenses and offenses.
If they really wanted to destroy us they would of done it as soon as we got the Atom bomb.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Killak420
God is an alien and he created us and he can destroy us.

That there is just a downright ridiculous, groundless statement. Thank you for reinforcing my previous post!

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Didnt GOD come to this earth when it was a black void filled with nothing?Is'nt he foriegn from this earth?That makes him an Alien.
God travels around in a fregging Space Ship. How else would he Travel amongst the stars. Would he Walk in space what the hell man think outside the box. Do you really beleive that there is nothing past our moon and sun and that those stars you see blinking at night is just for our conveniance.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join