It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton: We Cannot End Terrorism Without Gun Control

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: SudoNim

Guns don't "do" anything.

Don't want one? Then don't own one. It's not up to you to decide what anyone else can do or own.

Everyday your here degrading members for their beliefs, claiming fear this, paranoia that. Seems the fear an paranoia lies in you there Homer.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Guns don't "do" anything.

Don't want one? Then don't own one. It's not up to you to decide what anyone else can do or own.

Everyday your here degrading members for their beliefs, claiming fear this, paranoia that. Seems the fear an paranoia lies in you there Homer.

Guns don't "do" anything? What the hell are you talking about? If they don't do anything why do you need one? Stupid statement.
And its not up to you either, am I not allowed to question the rights of other people?

If you feel degraded maybe that's your own issue, perhaps its guilt for being involved in a gun culture that unnecessarily murders 1000's of innocent people each year.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Guns don't "do" anything?

No they don't, shall I record one to settle the argument?

am I not allowed to question the rights of other people?

No. That's why they are rights.

If you feel degraded maybe that's your own issue, perhaps its guilt for being involved in a gun culture that unnecessarily murders 1000's of innocent people each year.

If unnecessary murder is your reason for lashing out and projecting, there are many other worthwhile causes.
Take your pick.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Let me fire another round:

Does Gun Control Lead to Genocide?

Those of the mind controlled manipulated liberal left that are first to demand gun control after some (staged?) hyped media gun incident will be the first to scream SOMEBODY DO SOMETHING when a tyrannical gov. comes and takes everything they have ,even the things that same government has provided them (with some gun owning taxpayers money). If you cannot see what is happening, know this : The destruction of our country and all freedoms removed will be completed with the guns being taken from the people. Wake up .We are the people of this country they are elected and paid to serve us, it is NOT the other way around so now it is time to THROW THEM ALL OUT (except known constitutional leaders) THIS NOVEMBER. Join the caravan to midnight with John B. Wells AND you will become enlightened.THEY FEAR US FINDING OUT THE REAL TRUTH about their plans for us and THAT is the true reason they wish to disarm you. Nobody I know EVER wants to kill another person unless in self defense. - Dave Cee

“To conquer a nation, first disarm its citizens.”
― Adolf Hitler

"When Guns are Outlawed - Only Outlaws and Tyrants will have Guns"

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
Guns don't "do" anything?

No they don't, shall I record one to settle the argument?

What would that prove?

No. That's why they are rights.

So what do you think an amendment is? And why did the interpretation of the 2nd amendment change when the NRA got involved?

If unnecessary murder is your reason for lashing out and projecting, there are many other worthwhile causes.

The key word you are failing to understand is "unnecessary".
edit on 28-9-2016 by SudoNim because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlienView
Let me fire another round:

Does Gun Control Lead to Genocide?

Those of the mind controlled manipulated liberal left that are first to demand gun control after some (staged?) hyped media gun incident will be the first to scream SOMEBODY DO SOMETHING when a tyrannical gov. comes and takes everything they have ,even the things that same government has provided them (with some gun owning taxpayers money). If you cannot see what is happening, know this : The destruction of our country and all freedoms removed will be completed with the guns being taken from the people. Wake up .We are the people of this country they are elected and paid to serve us, it is NOT the other way around so now it is time to THROW THEM ALL OUT (except known constitutional leaders) THIS NOVEMBER. Join the caravan to midnight with John B. Wells AND you will become enlightened.THEY FEAR US FINDING OUT THE REAL TRUTH about their plans for us and THAT is the true reason they wish to disarm you. Nobody I know EVER wants to kill another person unless in self defense. - Dave Cee

“To conquer a nation, first disarm its citizens.”
― Adolf Hitler

A youtube video and a quote, is that all your proof?

Why haven't all the countries in the world that have stricter gun control laws not descended into anarchy.

Why is it that all the other civilised countries with stricker gun control laws have lower violent crime rates that America.

Maybe because owning guns doesn't seem to work.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   

I'm glad you were able to answer all of your own questions.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: Redback

Totaly agree with your statement, all they will be doing is taking guns from honest law abaiding folk who are not the problem,and leaving them in the hands of Crims.In fact they will be putting good folk at a great disadvantage.Where is the logic in this?

Exactly.
The good people of the world need protecting, not the bad guys and if that means you have to arm yourself, then arm yourself.
An ideal world would be gun free and madman free but we do not live in an ideal world and never will unfortunately.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Let me chamber a few more rounds from the founding fathers of THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA:

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, January 30, 1787

"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
- Thomas Jefferson, Commonplace Book (quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria), 1774-1776

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they are in almost every country in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops."
- Noah Webster, An Examination of the Leading Principles of the Federal Constitution, October 10, 1787

=======================================================================================================

And one of the candidates of today:

[Is this true
]

"First, California has comprehensive background checks. Therefore, the state does not have a “gun-show loophole” or an “online loophole.” But they did have the December 12, 2015, firearm-based terror attack and the more recent high profile murder-suicide on the UCLA campus on June 1, 2016. The same may be said of Paris, France, which has background checks that are even more comprehensive than those in California. Paris has no “gun-show loophole” or “online loophole,” but they did have 12 people killed in a January 7, 2015, firearm-based terror attack and another 130 killed in the November 13, 2015, firearm-based terror attack......."

Need anymore examples for the effectiveness of gun cotrol? - See video posted above on Gun control and genocide

edit on 28-9-2016 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-9-2016 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlienView
Let me chamber a few more rounds from the founding fathers of THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA:

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, January 30, 1787

"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
- Thomas Jefferson, Commonplace Book (quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria), 1774-1776

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they are in almost every country in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops."
- Noah Webster, An Examination of the Leading Principles of the Federal Constitution, October 10, 1787

=======================================================================================================

And one of the candidates of today:

[Is this true
]

"First, California has comprehensive background checks. Therefore, the state does not have a “gun-show loophole” or an “online loophole.” But they did have the December 12, 2015, firearm-based terror attack and the more recent high profile murder-suicide on the UCLA campus on June 1, 2016. The same may be said of Paris, France, which has background checks that are even more comprehensive than those in California. Paris has no “gun-show loophole” or “online loophole,” but they did have 12 people killed in a January 7, 2015, firearm-based terror attack and another 130 killed in the November 13, 2015, firearm-based terror attack......."

Need anymore examples for the effectiveness of gun cotrol? - See video posted above on Gun control and genocide

Your still doing what your told by someone who lived 300 years ago, and unwilling to question it. Sheep. Think for yourself for once.

America is the only place that still fails to grasp this concept, "gun control = hitler
"

I wonder why the people living in England, Scotland or the majority of Europe don't feel the need to possess a gun to protect themselves.

Why is it, that even with your guns, you are more likely to be the victim of a violent crime living in America than living in these other civilised countries with stricter gun control laws?

Answer that question. No wonder the world thinks the average American is pig-ignorant, trapped in their little world where they can't fathom what happens outside their borders. Sheep to the NRA.

If you want to hide behind the 2nd Amendment why not take its original interpretation instead of the one the NRA has tricked Americans into thinking is the only one.

Why are you happy that they came along and changed its meaning but get upset if anyone else questions it?

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
You can't put everything back inside Pandora's box. The guns are already out there. All outlawing would do, is disarm citizens, while criminals remain armed. If you don't like guns, fine, don't get one.

As for violent crime and gun laws, that's just BS.

The former Soviet Union's extremely stringent gun controls, successfully implemented and enforced by a police state, did not keep the nation, and successor states like Russia, from posting murder rates from 1965-1999 that far outstripped the rest of the developed world [sources: Kates and Mauser; Kessler; Pridemore; Pridemore]. The killers in question did not obtain illegal firearms -- they simply employed other weapons [source: Kleck].

On the other hand, Norway, Finland, Germany, France and Denmark, all countries with heavy gun ownership, posted low murder rates in the early 2000s compared to "gun-light" developed nations. In 2002, for example, Germany's murder rate was one-ninth that of Luxembourg, where the law prohibits civilian ownership of handguns and gun ownership is rare [source: Kates and Mauser].

people.howstuffworks.com...

I wonder why the people living in England, Scotland or the majority of Europe don't feel the need to possess a gun to protect themselves.

I highly doubt that is still the case, given many of these nations' current Muslim extremist issues....
edit on 28-9-2016 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok
You can't put everything back inside Pandora's box. The guns are already out there. All outlawing would do, is disarm citizens, while criminals remain armed. If you don't like guns, fine, don't get one.

You still don't get it, its not that I don't like guns. It's that I don't like you having one, because the number of non-criminal citizens that kill people using their guns is higher than the number of criminals that kill people with guns.

The former Soviet Union's extremely stringent gun controls, successfully implemented and enforced by a police state, did not keep the nation, and successor states like Russia, from posting murder rates from 1965-1999 that far outstripped the rest of the developed world [sources: Kates and Mauser; Kessler; Pridemore; Pridemore]. The killers in question did not obtain illegal firearms -- they simply employed other weapons [source: Kleck].

From 1965 to 1999, find any stats from the last two decades?

people.howstuffworks.com...

From your own source.

one study has shown that defensive gun use succeeds only rarely, and that gun owners are 4.5 times more likely to be shot during an assault

Maybe you should read the whole article next time and not just copy and paste the first paragraph.

I highly doubt that is still the case, given many of these nations' current Muslim extremist issues....

It is the case, whether you highly doubt it or not.

People in England don't give guns a second thought. They don't have to live in fear or have an NRA that feeds its sheep propaganda. Wake up and you'll realise you are just being scammed by the NRA's mass marketing. Americans can be so gullible.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Amazingly,

I filmed my pistol for 12 hours.....

It never moved, nor did it ever fire a shot.

Sure looks like people with guns kill people.... not the guns themselves killing anybody.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
Amazingly,

Sure looks like people with guns kill people.... not the guns themselves killing anybody.

So why do we bother banning nuclear weapons?

Dumbest argument I've ever seen, go back to school.

Guns don't kill people

Lets try that out shall we?
Me squeezing my finger back and forth doesn't kill you, me holding a gun squeezing my finger could.

Why not, drugs don't kill people, people do.

Is your 6yr old child a murderer? No? Then why not let him take an assault rifle to school everyday, assault rifles don't kill anyone and your child doesn't want to. What could go wrong?

edit on 28-9-2016 by SudoNim because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

"Lets try that out shall we?

Me squeezing my finger back and forth doesn't kill you, me holding a gun squeezing my finger could."

Exactly...so glad you agree with me 100%.

You flexing you finger does nothing.

YOU pulling the trigger on the gun has an effect.

Like I said.... Guns do not kill people.... people with guns kill people.

You are the one claiming guns kill people.... guns only kill people when human intervention is involved.

edit on R352016-09-28T13:35:48-05:00k359Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Amazingly,

Can someone tell me if this is acceptable evidence in the court of law?

If I film someone for 12 hours and they don't shoot someone is this then proof that they never have nor ever will?

Drink driving doesn't kill people, people do. Don't ban drink driving.

Selling grenades in vending machines doesn't kill anyone, people do. Lets sell grenades.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
330 million guns in this country.

This number grows by 10 million plus a year.

Gun zealots are still crying that the government is coming to take their toys away.

This behavior makes a mockery of the Constitution and the rule-of-law.

Gun control is not unconstitutional.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Me squeezing my finger back and forth doesn't kill you, me holding a gun squeezing my finger could."

You are the one claiming guns kill people.... guns only kill people when human intervention is involved.

No moron, guns kill people. A gun is a weapon. The bullet is what kills someone, not the finger you utter clown.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Wrong.

Americans shot by dogs

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: SudoNim

Amazingly,

Can someone tell me if this is acceptable evidence in the court of law?

If I film someone for 12 hours and they don't shoot someone is this then proof that they never have nor ever will?

Drink driving doesn't kill people, people do. Don't ban drink driving.

Selling grenades in vending machines doesn't kill anyone, people do. Lets sell grenades.

So you are saying that if I had filmed an extra hour, there is a possibility that the gun would have walked across the room by itself and shot someone? You argument is invalid.

GUNS DO NOT KILL PEOPLE... PEOPLE WITH GUNS KILL PEOPLE.

duh

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join