It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton: We Cannot End Terrorism Without Gun Control

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
a reply to: SudoNim

You have failed for the 5th time to provide proof where a weapon has killed another human being without some sort of intervention by other human beings.

Ahaha! Now I know you've lost.

So its no longer guns don't kill people, its guns don't shoot themselves. And even if they do, someone made them so its always linked back to someone right?

Is that seriously your argument.

So what kills someone when you shoot them, your finger or the bullet?
What is the purpose of a gun, if not to kill and injure?

Keep digging, that hole is getting bigger. Of course

Only humans can fire a gun.
And sometimes dogs, but its humans that loaded the gun.
And yeah, sometimes apes can load and shoot a gun, but humans must of given them the bullets.
Machines can produce, load and shoot guns.... but a human must of made it.

This is your mentality /

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   
A Peaceably Armed Orygunner

"The primary purpose of guns - Killing? Nope. The statement is often made by gun control advocates that guns are made for killing, period. Or, that anything else guns are used for (such as sport/target shooting) are secondary to killing. However, logical analysis and statistics clearly show this to be opinion, not fact."

"However, the general utility of almost all firearms lends them to much more purposes than killing".

"Consider the actual function of almost any firearm: To load a cartridge to fire a bullet (or multiple projectiles from a shotgun) with a specified degree of reliability, accuracy, and power. That capability (firing a lead projectile very very fast) can be used for multiple purposes. Remember that purpose is how a person uses the tool to accomplish a goal. If that goal is to try and punch a hole in a piece of paper at 100 yards, or send a can flying, or shatter a clay target in mid-air, that obviously has nothing at all to do with a purpose of killing."

"Now by its nature, a firearm can be used as a weapon, and in that use it has more utility than actually using its designed function. The threat alone of using a weapon on someone can accomplish the goal of the user, whether it's to coerce a victim to hand over their wallet, convince a criminal suspect to get out of the vehicle with their hands in the air, or to scare a violent criminal into stopping their attack and running away. The fact that in most firearm-related crimes, and in the overwhelming majority (over 95%) of defensive gun uses, no shots are even fired. In the majority of times firearms are used to commit crimes, or by police, or in self defense, the THREAT of using the firearm accomplished the goal, and thus fulfilled the purpose of the user".

"Studies show that self defense is the third most common use of a firearm in this country (behind hunting and sport/recreational shooting). Considering that in the US, people purchased 12 billion rounds of ammunition in 2009, compared with roughly 30,000 firearm-related deaths, that is absolute evidence that killing people with a gun is just about dead last on the list of purposes it's used for in this country".

"So where is the logic in claiming that guns are only made to kill? There is no reason behind the suggestion that killing is the primary designed purpose of firearms when over 99% of the time they're used for other purposes than killing. It merely shows ignorance of all the the facts and a personal bias against firearms."

-Orygunner

See whole article here:
orygunner.blogspot.com...

"When Guns are Outlawed - Only Outlaws and Tyrants will own Guns"

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

You are quoting someones blog.... blog.

In 95% of gun uses a shot isn't fire? What kind of BS is that.

You can apply the same to cars 99% uses of cars are not to drive but to be looked at.

Get out of here with your car bumper sticker argument.
edit on 29-9-2016 by SudoNim because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Drowning someone is illegal, and is murder. But the vast majority overwhelming really are accidental. Same goes with fires. As I figured, you would not disclose the firearms laws in the jurisdiction you live. How about, Screw your irrational fears? Especially if you do not live here. Enlighten us with the laws on firearms ownership where you reside so that we may compare the statistics against your emotional (feigned anger)??

If you cannot do that, then you arent discussing anything, you are just trolling. Of course you have already proven that anyways with agenda shown in your posting style. Make yourself and opinion relevant and give us some background on the firearm laws within your jurisdiction nation, state, municipality.

95% of defensive gun uses. See, when you aren't trying to misrepresent it, it actually speaks truth.
edit on 9-29-2016 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Blaming a inanimate object for the decision of a human being is a stupid argument.

Guns are designed for one purpose,,,,, to fire a projectile at a high rate of speed to a intended target. Period. They are not evil, they do not tempt people with malicious thoughts, they do not load themselves etc.

Guns are used for many purposes...might be at a target range.... might be by a squirrel or deer hunter, might be by a skeet shooter, might be by a professional shooter at a competition... might be a bunch of kids at a school by some nut job.

Some guns never get used, they are bought for home defense and never needed. (Fortunately)

The point is.... it takes a human being to give the gun a target when it comes to the malicious use of firearms.

Guns do not kill people.... people use guns to kill people.

edit on R432016-09-29T12:43:15-05:00k439Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

Drowning someone is illegal, and is murder. But the vast majority overwhelming really are accidental. Same goes with fires. As I figured, you would not disclose the firearms laws in the jurisdiction you live. How about, Screw your irrational fears? Especially if you do not live here. Enlighten us with the laws on firearms ownership where you reside so that we may compare the statistics against your emotional (feigned anger)??

If you cannot do that, then you arent discussing anything, you are just trolling. Of course you have already proven that anyways with agenda shown in your posting style. Make yourself and opinion relevant and give us some background on the firearm laws within your jurisdiction nation, state, municipality.

95% of defensive gun uses. See, when you aren't trying to misrepresent it, it actually speaks truth.

America has strict laws on safety for starting fires, and as for drowning, its self-inflicted unlike a fire or a gun where the accident my be killing a completely innocent bystander.

Defensive gun uses, but your not using the gun. So how can that count?

If 95% of cases you don't shoot the gun, why have it loaded? Why have a real gun? Surely that just proves the point that shooting a bullet (its primary use) is hardly ever used in defensive situations and therefore not effective?

Or course i'm going off the "stats" from some guys blog which are probably completely false.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Blaming a inanimate object for the decision of a human being is a stupid argument.

Guns are designed for one purpose,,,,, to fire a projectile at a high rate of speed to a intended target. Period. They are not evil, they do not tempt people with malicious thoughts, they do not load themselves etc.

Guns are used for many purposes...might be at a target range.... might be by a squirrel or deer hunter, might be by a skeet shooter, might be by a professional shooter at a competition... might be a bunch of kids at a school by some nut job.

Some guns never get used, they are bought for home defence and never needed. (Fortunately)

The point is.... it takes a human being to give the gun a target when it comes to the malicious use of firearms.

Guns do not kill people.... people use guns to kill people.

What the hell are you rambling on about?
Do you really think someone is blaming the actual object for existing? Of course not you fool.

By never used are you counting the times that they are not fired? Like that blog source AlienView posted?

I'm not sure how I missed it, but for the past few pages have you being arguing that Guns don't have a mind of their own?

If so, I think you've missed the point completely.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Just for you buddy.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Just for you buddy.

Fine by me, you have a much higher chance of killing yourself or one of your family members.

Don't think I'd be able to sleep soundly knowing I'm a threat to my own children, but if your happy with it that's on you.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 04:50 AM
link   
SudoNim you have made your point - Some people such as yourself should not own a gun - But then again can anyone
trust you with a knife ? Or would we expect the same results from you as your Homer Simpson avatar ?

Homer Simpson Huge Injuries and Accidents

“Oh yeah, what are you gonna do? Release the dogs? Or the bees? Or the dogs with bees in their mouths and when they bark, they shoot bees at you?” -Homer Simpson

“Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true.” -Homer Simpsom

So please SudoNim don't buy a gun - And if for any reason you should come into possession of a firearm
please don't sit on it
- You may lose your mind.
edit on 30-9-2016 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   

30 some years and counting. I've no use in irrational fear.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

30 some years and counting. I've no use in irrational fear.

Again in English please?

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

wow if your suck a sociopath that you know you are a threat to your own kids sudo, maybe you should volunteer to have yourself committed?? you sound like a danger to yourself and those around you.

What are the laws on firearms in your jurisdiction???

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

wow if your suck a sociopath that you know you are a threat to your own kids sudo, maybe you should volunteer to have yourself committed?? you sound like a danger to yourself and those around you.

What are the laws on firearms in your jurisdiction???

Once again in English please.

It's not about the individual, everyone thinks it won't happen to them, that its others, that the stories of kids finding guns and shooting them will never happen to them. But statistically, you are more likely to shoot someone in your own family than a would-be criminal.

Sometimes people put their ego above their families safety.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Statistically you are more likely to be violently affected by the daily use of your automobile than ANYONE with a firearm, accidentally or intentionally. I say violent in the context of an incident that can cause injury or bodily harm.

You have ignored the question 5 times now, and seem to think that all the English words I am using are not English. So Lets do this
What

asking for information specifying something.
are

2nd person singular present and 1st, 2nd, 3rd person plural present of be
having the state, quality, identity, nature, role, etc., specified.
the

used with an adjective to refer to something of the class or quality described.
firearm

a rifle, pistol, or other portable gun.
laws

the system of rules that a particular country or community recognizes as regulating the actions of its members and may enforce by the imposition of penalties.
in

expressing the situation of something that is or appears to be enclosed or surrounded by something else.
your

belonging to or associated with any person in general.
jurisdiction

the territory or sphere of activity over which the legal authority of a court or other institution extends.
??

What are the firearm laws in your jurisdiction??

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Statistically you are more likely to be violently affected by the daily use of your automobile than ANYONE with a firearm, accidentally or intentionally. I say violent in the context of an incident that can cause injury or bodily harm.

Yes, but automobiles actually provide us with transport, so we know their is a risk but the payoff is better.

Do all gun-idiots read the same manual... but but but cars! Seriously. There's a risk with everything, if the risk outweighs the payoff then its probably a bad idea.

A car transports people(completes its use) far more often than it ever injures/kills anyone, the same can't be said for guns.

As for your other question, I'm not really into that whole internet stalking business, so please stop asking me for personal details it's a bit creepy.

if your suck a sociopath

hmmm, yeah, please stop harassing me for personal details.
edit on 1-10-2016 by SudoNim because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

"Don't think I'd be able to sleep soundly knowing I'm a threat to my own children, but if your happy with it that's on you."

If I truly believe that you are a threat to your family because you have a firearm in your house....

I truly hope you get the mental help you need... you are a sick puppy.

Do you sleep at night knowing you are a threat to your family because there are knives in the kitchen with which you can kill your family just as dead as with a gun?

Dingbats 2016.... fits right in with Hillary for P(rison)resident.

By the way, since you so not have home protection, please post your address so that the people who need supplies when the crap has hit the fan know of a easy place to restock supplies. If you owned a gun for home protection, you might be able to stop them from taking your stuff, but since you do not, I guess you can throw rocks at them instead.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

"Don't think I'd be able to sleep soundly knowing I'm a threat to my own children, but if your happy with it that's on you."

If I truly believe that you are a threat to your family because you have a firearm in your house....

Its a statistical fact. No "belief" needed, if you don't recognise it as a fact then you are in denial.

Do you sleep at night knowing you are a threat to your family because there are knives in the kitchen with which you can kill your family just as dead as with a gun?

I'm aware of the risks in my house and prefer not to keep unnecessary (a word that seems lost on you) ones. Knives are needed for various reasons a gun is not.

By the way, since you so not have home protection, please post your address so that the people who need supplies when the crap has hit the fan know of a easy place to restock supplies. If you owned a gun for home protection, you might be able to stop them from taking your stuff, but since you do not, I guess you can throw rocks at them instead.

Ah, ok your one of those fantasy computer game people, paranoid that someone is coming for them

Please don't ask for my address its against T&C's.

But as you said I have knives which can kill you as well as guns, so which is it? Can they or can't they?

Keep living in fear, I'll just live my life happily not having to worry about putting my family members in pointless danger. Big brave man sleeps with a gun, absolute cowards.
edit on 1-10-2016 by SudoNim because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Knives are needed for various reasons a gun is not.

Yeah right.

4 masked men armed with knives, break down your door at 3 am in an attempt to rob you and rape your wife and children. Would you rather run in your kitchen and grab a steak knife and fight them man to man? Or would you rather have that shotgun you bought for home defense?

Guns do have a purpose.... a very important purpose... Home defense.

I am done talking to you.... you don't make any sense. bye bye.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Knives are needed for various reasons a gun is not.

Yeah right.

4 masked men armed with knives, break down your door at 3 am in an attempt to rob you and rape your wife and children. Would you rather run in your kitchen and grab a steak knife and fight them man to man? Or would you rather have that shotgun you bought for home defense?

Guns do have a purpose.... a very important purpose... Home defense.

I am done talking to you.... you don't make any sense. bye bye.

4 men have a knife to your wife and children and you run for the shotgun? You are a terrible husband. I worry for your families safety.

Keep living in fear that someones going to break into your house, you are far more likely to use that shotgun accidently than you ever are on a criminal.

You've said "bye bye" three times now, i'm guessing you don't know what those words mean either.

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join