It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton: We Cannot End Terrorism Without Gun Control

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   
How did gun control work for us in N.Ireland back in the 70s, 80s and early 90s?!?!?!?

Gun control will NEVER stop bad people from owning guns, never..!

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I have heard this same claim from the right for 45 years. When are they gonna take your guns? Sure is taking a long time. Wise up

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Redback
How did gun control work for us in N.Ireland back in the 70s, 80s and early 90s?!?!?!?

Gun control will NEVER stop bad people from owning guns, never..!

How does it work in England, Germany, Italy, Finland, Scotland, Japan, Australia, Spain, Belgium... etc etc

Its not the bad people with guns that worry me, its the good guys who are idiots.

Owning guns is never going to stop gun crime. So what is your argument for having them?

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Owning guns is never going to stop gun crime. So what is your argument for having them?

Actually, there are daily instances of guns stopping crime. If they didn't, by the way, the Police wouldn't have them...

The other argument is simple. It's a deterrent for government. It's one of the primary reasons it is in the Constitution. An armed people is a free people. Pretty simple concept really.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

I have heard this same claim from the right for 45 years. When are they gonna take your guns? Sure is taking a long time. Wise up

If Hillary is elected, within 8 years.

Within 4 years, it will basically be impossible to buy any new firearms or ammo (as legislation will be enacted to basically drive the manufacturers out of business). This will coincide with the establishment of a Federal Police force, instead of local authority. The apparent outcome of this will look great when organized race riots cease and false flag shooting incidents stop. This will lay the groundwork for what comes next.

Within 8 years, all would be illegal to private citizens. From the groundwork of the previous 4 years, it will pave the way for a Supreme Court decision (therefore bypassing NRA owned politicians) to re-interpret the 2nd Amendment, to make guns illegal to private citizens.
edit on 27-9-2016 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok

Actually, there are daily instances of guns stopping crime. If they didn't, by the way, the Police wouldn't have them...

The other argument is simple. It's a deterrent for government. It's one of the primary reasons it is in the Constitution. An armed people is a free people. Pretty simple concept really.

Congratulations on misrepresenting my words. Let me state it again so you can't get confused, owning guns won't stop all gun crime. How about this, owning a private gun has less chance of preventing a crime than injuring an innocent member of public.

So you feel free? What freedoms do you have that other countries without guns don't have?
Its a stupid concept and America is the only country dumb enough to still believe it works on such an ill-educated populous.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
After watching last nights debates, the only scenario that makes me feel comfortable is Hillary as potus, and a very strong opposition (not a stonewall) in both legislative houses.

Unless someone can put a leash and muzzle on Trump.

And both of these scenarios were, at one point, "doomsday scenarios" for me. What have you done, America?

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I'm sorry you consider a Master's Degree ill-educated.

Let me state it again so you can't get confused, owning guns won't stop all gun crime

Nothing will. So, because it won't stop ALL crime, it's fine to take them away?

Mirrors won't stop ALL car accidents, so we should get rid of them. Railings on stairs won't stop ALL falls. Sounds ridiculous when put that way, huh?

But, I'm the one that's confused....OK...sure.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I'm sorry you consider a Master's Degree ill-educated.

Let me state it again so you can't get confused, owning guns won't stop all gun crime

Nothing will. So, because it won't stop ALL crime, it's fine to take them away?

Mirrors won't stop ALL car accidents, so we should get rid of them. Railings stairs won't stop ALL falls. Sounds ridiculous when put that way, huh?

But, I'm the one that's confused....OK...sure.

At what point did I even suggest that a master degree equated to poor education? Please go ahead and find a quote.

So because someone prevents a crime with a gun everyone should have one?
If I prevent a crime by randomly throwing rocks at cars, everyone should throw rocks at cars?
If I stop a robbery by shooting everyone who walks through my door, that outweighs the first 19,999 people I shot?

Railings on stairs and mirrors on cars perform their job more often than they injure someone. Guns don't. That makes them an unnecessary risk as the payoff is far lower than the risk. Keeping up?

Your argument is myopic and ill-informed. Maybe you do fall in the ill-educated category after all.
edit on 27-9-2016 by SudoNim because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: SudoNim

So, I assume if an armed criminal broke into your house, you'd prefer to face them with a kitchen knife?

Well, that's your short-sighted choice, don't force me to choose the same. I would prefer to have a fighting chance.

Personally, I live in a rural area, where if I dial 911, I MIGHT get a police car here in about 15 minutes if I'm lucky...no thanks. Of course, I also go to the range and learned the use of my weapons. A biometric lock ensures only I or my wife is getting to a loaded pistol, while other weapons are kept locked up. Guns are only an "unnecessary risk" if people don't bother learning how to safely use and store them.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

If Hillary is elected, within 8 years.

Within 4 years, it will basically be impossible to buy any new firearms or ammo (as legislation will be enacted to basically drive the manufacturers out of business). This will coincide with the establishment of a Federal Police force, instead of local authority. The apparent outcome of this will look great when organized race riots cease and false flag shooting incidents stop. This will lay the groundwork for what comes next.

Within 8 years, all would be illegal to private citizens. From the groundwork of the previous 4 years, it will pave the way for a Supreme Court decision (therefore bypassing NRA owned politicians) to re-interpret the 2nd Amendment, to make guns illegal to private citizens.

We all heard the same thing about Obama 8 years ago.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Owning guns stops crime all the time. However, banning them has never stopped crime in a single country. It only reduces gun crime. In fact, the rates of violent crimes have actually increased in some countries which did ban guns the way Hillary Clinton and Diane Feinstein and Obama have wanted to do. Source 1 Source 2.

More humans accidentally die in drownings and auto accidents than are ever accidentally killed by firearms.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: CaticusMaximus

Actually, she is right.

We need to control who we sell, or give, these guns to.

So long as we give them to the terrorist, they will continue to use the to commit terrorist acts.

It is called "ENABLING" and the sooner it is stopped the sooner we can stop terrorism.

So you see, she is right. She's just too stupid to know it.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
None of the proposed legislation would have kept guns out of the hands of some of the recent incidents.

All it does is restrict law-abiding citizens' availability and access.

Odd thing about criminals also...they tend to get guns illegally vs. a legal purchase and waiting period, etc.

We all heard the same thing about Obama 8 years ago.

The difference being the makeup of the Supreme Court. And the makeup of Congress. Both factors likely to change upon Hillary's election to office. Besides, this new plan is MUCH better. Getting Americans to cry out for a Federal Police force to combat local police profiling, etc., getting them to cry out for getting guns off the street....HRC will have it SO much easier now....
edit on 27-9-2016 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
More Guns, Less Crime: Understanding Crime and Gun Control Laws, Third Edition (Studies in Law and Economics)

“A compelling book with enough hard evidence that even politicians may have to stop and pay attention. More Guns, Less Crime is an exhaustive analysis of the effect of gun possession on crime rates. . . . Mr. Lott’s book—and the factual arsenals of other pro-gun advocates—are helping to redefine the argument over guns and gun control.”
-(James Bovard Wall Street Journal)

“John Lott’s More Guns, Less Crime revives the wisdom of the past by using the latest tools of social science. By constructing careful statistical models and deploying a wealth of crime data he shows that laws permitting the carrying of concealed weapons actually lead to a drop in crime in the jurisdictions that enact them. . . .By providing strong empirical evidence that yet another liberal policy is a cause of the very evil it purports to cure, he has permanently changed the terms of debate on gun control. . . . Lott’s book could hardly be more timely. . . . Lott’s work is a model of the meticulous application of economics and statistics to law and policy.”
-(John O. McGinnis National Review)

"You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time."
- Abraham Lincoln

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

"Its not the bad people with guns that worry me, its the good guys who are idiots", sorry but i dont understand why bad people with guns dont scare you?

My argument for Americans keeping their guns is, there is A LOT of bad people that own guns in America and that is not an insult, just a fact. So if all the good people hand in their guns there will still be A LOT of bad people running around with guns.
If i lived in a bad neighbor hood with thugs running around with guns, i would like some protection.

I watched a video a few years ago of 3 guys in a jeep chasing after a guy and his woman in a BMW, they chased them into a deadend street, the 3 guys got out with bats ready for action until the guy climbed out with a pistol, the 3 IDIOTS had a sudden change of their intent, turned sheepishly and climbed back into their jeep. I wouldnt call the single guy an idiot..!

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Redback

Totaly agree with your statement, all they will be doing is taking guns from honest law abaiding folk who are not the problem,and leaving them in the hands of Crims.In fact they will be putting good folk at a great disadvantage.Where is the logic in this?

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Try this:

Gun Control is Genocide- documentary by Mike Adams

So is a psycho with a gun dangerous - You bet he is - And maybe only a gun will offer you proteciton, sometimes.

But you know who is always dangerous ? - A liberal poiticison who wants to take away gun rights
and insure the power of psychos with guns !!!

"When Guns are Outlawed - Only Outlaws will have Guns"

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   

edit on 28-9-2016 by KentuckyProud because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlienView
"When Guns are Outlawed - Only Outlaws will have Guns"

When Guns aren't Outlawed - Outlaws will still have Guns, And So Will Idiots, Psychos and Your Neighbours Curious Toddler

Do Americans not realise there is a whole world outside of their Island? I mean come on, quotes about outlaws.

Your living in fear and paranoia, propaganda from the NRA. Other countries have seen through this BS statement that you need a gun to protect yourself. Guns don't do that, they cause more harm than they prevent. Grow up America.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join