a reply to: mirageman
Although it might not seem it, the 37th Parallel is a well written book, if you consider it was supposed to be about Bigalow, not the guy who is the
focus. I'm assuming either scheduling or legal reasons diverted the course of the book. The premise, which you can find echoed elsewhere is one I'd
Look at some of the patterns that have been identified over the years (and occasionally retracted)
- Jaques Vallee - distance between Mars and Earth being smallest increases reports
- Ben Mizrach - Mutilation cases cluster between 36th and 39th parallel
- Several - Sunspot activity correlates with increase in reports
- Randles / Burroughs - Meteor activity correlates with increase in reports (backed up by several scientists in Randles books)
- Statistical Analysis - Large bodies of water within 20 miles increase reports
Of course, correlation does not mean causation, but I'd to propose the following suggestions:
- Martian orbit: coincidence
- 37th Parallel: Sunbelt but low population
- Sunspot Activity: Satellite disruption
- Water / Valleys - low urban population
- Meteor showers / Green meteors - Used to camouflage entry into atmosphere
Which leaves us with:
- Whatever the phenomena is, it prefers not to be seen by the populace
- It is not interested in the globe but rather nations that have a developed MIC
- It hides from detection intentionally
Yet, most of what I've read from those part of the '3 groups' seems to focus on:
- There are nuts and bolts craft
- They may not be extraterrestrial in the conventional sense
- They intentionally deceive us / can control willing minds (Tom references using belief systems to drive 'them out'
- We have developed craft to combat 'them'
- We are on the verge on finding life out 'there'
What possible solution can fit all of these options? I can think of only one, that is made even more plausible if we assume the Mars orbit theory is
Our enemy is a super intelligent AI, that can control and manipulate matter. They can control minds and deceive us.
Quite obviously they are "The Mysterons"