It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Are White Americans So Racist?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   
You make alot of assumptions about black people in your ramblings, i think your a raceist, btw it wasnt jusr white taking blacks from africa, waring tribes would sell the lisets into slavery so it wasnt all the white mans fault.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: SuspiciousTom

It's hard to controlthe uneducated, you tell them something and they take it in their own way

does social justice involve forcing people ?

is it ok to force people to be polite or respectful
because its the right way for people to act ?

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 03:33 AM
link   
First off. I really wish people would stop comparing what the Irish went through to the African Americans. I think people generally do not research the transatlantic slave trade thoroughly ... you're depending on memes, and political soundbites to come to you conclusions. Since our educational system does not educate Americans (as far as recent textbooks asserting that Africans came over to work willingly - instead of being forced) we hold on to these assertions as if they are fact. Simple research on this will prove a lot of you wrong (but why research when it's easier to be in denial) - either way, it looks bad to the rest of the world .

The Irish were Indentured servants..

Indentured servitude was difficult, deadly work, and many indentured servants died before their terms were over. But indentured servitude was temporary, with a beginning and an end. Those who survived their terms received their freedom. Servants could even petition for early release due to mistreatment, and colonial lawmakers established different, often lesser, punishments for disobedient servants compared to disobedient slaves. Above all, indentured servitude wasn’t hereditary. The children of servants were free; the children of slaves were property.

So next topic, Africans trading their own. People love to lump Africa into one large country forgetting that it's the continent with the most diversity as far as separate tribes and cultural origins. HOWEVER, you must realize that a lot of this was based on religion - many Muslim traders of African origin. They were selling their ENEMIES much like the GREEK and the ROMAN. Most African countries did not sell slaves and some even fought against it. But because Europeans back then could control the supply of guns there was little Africans could do to stop it.

People bring up accounts of Biblical slavery, of serfdom in Europe and yes, of servitude in Africa and attempt to paint all these systems with the same brush. However NO OTHER SLAVE SYSTEM has created the never-ending damaging cycle as the Atlantic Slave Trade. Over 12 million were sold in less than 400 years, something so huge that it changed the genetic map of the world. And they still have not received reparations? Are we really acting like segregation wasn't only 50 years ago (taking years after to properly abolish)???
edit on 24-9-2016 by jcarr85 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-9-2016 by jcarr85 because: posting error

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: SuspiciousTom
But what's the real reason a black man is how he is? Where did he learn all this? You remove a black man from Africa, split him from his family, force him to work, abuse him, kill them because you felt like it, raped their wives, caged them. You made them animals for your own amusement, then you set them free, however, you set them free during a time when they were looked down on. How are they to survive? You released your "Monkeys" with absolutely no money, no education, nothing. Who would hire them? Who would want them in their schools? What do you expect them to do? Rise?

Wow. Just WOW.

What whole paragraph was just unbelievable, but I really like the part I bolded. So what's your solution, "set them free" at a later date when they aren't "looked down on" Like maybe start a TV public opinion campaign right after Lincoln was shot in the 1860's ??? You know, and keep them in slavery until the average folk start to come around to liking black folks and even looking UP to them. THEN you can release them!?!?!

I attempting to imagine how much more I would LOATHE your entire premise, assumptions and tone in this OP if I myself we're African American.....

Your entire presentation is more RACIST than you accuse white Amricans of being.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

I see your point and respect it. And I agree enabling bad behavior because of good intentions only hurts the people your trying to help. But unfortunately I don't see a solution at this point and I don't believe you do either. I do however disagree in one respect opertunity is there if they choose to use it. Problem is there is also selfishness involved this isn't just a black problem it's a generational problem. Every one believes they are owed something. We see it daily in almost every aspect of our lives people feel intitled.

They expect to go to good colleges be given good jobs making lots of money and expect to be able to do as they please with no repercussions. Unfortunately in life everything must be earned and even sacrificed for on occasion. I helped put my wife through law school it caused us to have to make many sacrifices being a young couple starting out. Quite frankly we were broke just trying to keep her in school. However now she has her own practice and I also furthered by degree and became a professor at a major college. Now we know longer have to sacrifice and are doing well. But it took alot of work and alot of pain to get here.

This just doesn't exist anymore I see it on my students they don't feel they should work but instead choose to make excuses for not completing assignments. And they will actually come up to me trying to get me to change there grade because life has been so unfair to then in this or that. I worked two jobs and taugh high school just so we could have enough money to eat. Never once did I make excuses to my professors I continued to work towards my PhD. Ah never mind most people won't understand that what determines what you become is you.
edit on 9/24/16 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   
They're not. Most studies I've read coming from the government or from police consulting firms indicate a violent crime rate among black Americans between four and eight times higher then among whites depending on the nature of the crime. Other studies indicate an overall violent crime rate usually around four times higher in the black community compared to among whites. Looking at the frequency of blacks killed by police versus The same frequency for white suspects. The frequency at which whites are killed by police and taking into account those crime rates leads me to believe that black suspects are being shot less frequently than one might expect based on their increased rate of interaction with law-enforcement. Approximately 50% less frequently than expected.

reply to: SuspiciousTom

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Well they did spent a couple of hundred years enslaving the blacks, followed by almost a century of apartheid and segregation, so... I guess it rubbed off?

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

It would be incredibly hard for someone who has been isolated into a ghetto by our benevolent federal government to find this access to any social or professional networks. And without that, no matter how smart or educated you are, no one will ever even know you exist outside of the ghetto you are isolated within.

I'm always a fan of you posts.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: seeker1963

How about complying when a police officer tells you to stop or do something?

It doesn't take a genius to figure out to do what your told and go home safe versus being belligerent and getting your ass handed to you?

As far as stats to argue with you after you were caught in a statistical lie, there are many FBI stats already posted on ATS.

Look them up!

That is if you are interested in facts instead of emotions.

technically speaking, if you are being unlawfully arrested, you have every right to treat the arresting officer as an assailant.

Your Right of Defense Against Unlawful Arrest. “Citizens may resist unlawful arrest to the point of taking an arresting officer's life if necessary.” Plummer v. State, 136 Ind. 306. This premise was upheld by the Supreme Court of the United States in the case: John Bad Elk v. U.S., 177 U.S. 529.

Technically speaking, that's a dangerous meme to push. One does not have a blanket right to resist an unlawful arrest at all times and in all states. One would do well to do some actual research on it instead of relying an internet meme for justification.

But if you wanna roll that dice, be sure to let us know how it turns out!

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher

They aren't. Don't generalize. Answer me this fact. Why do blacks kill more blacks than whites kill blacks. What are blacks so racist against blacks then? That's an answer I'd like to get.

Finally , I'd like to say we are human beings first. I don't judge people on color or focus on it either, so don't lump me into your reverse racist views.

Well without research, I can pretty confidently say, Race X will always kill more of it's own race than another, where there is not war. As for your question we spoke a bit about it a page or 2 before this I believe.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

They haven't united the people. They've indoctrinated some people under a false framing of complicated situation and in doing so divided many as a result and in doing so distracted from the real problem. Your claim is false, rather than unite as you claim, they've instead created further division under the illusion of unity all without realizing they are doing so serving the instigations and desires of people like Soros who make a living creating problems so they can provide a "solution" to them that will never fix it but permanently line their pockets while keep us too weak, divided and distracted to fight back.

BLM is being used to protect police corruption by framing it in the wrong light, as well as further the race divide in the process by giving Soros and people like him a venue to place paid instigators to further instigate this divide with false outrage and brutality.

Well, BLM the group, I don't know much of their internal affairs. Outwardly, the initial movement of people saying black lives matter without a central organized group has had African Americans coming together. Yes, it does divide but not by too much, the division gets worse when someone goes back and shout all lives matter when the people are angered at a killing that is considered unwarranted. But the division doesn't exist. There are many white people at riots with them, supporting their cry. Their cry isn't against the white man but against the police and what they see as structural racism within the legal system. When you're complaining about the legal system and then a person, not of the race, whom you had never spoke a word of joins to defend it(much like this thread, where non-white Americans come and comment with their fury
) it's aggravating and then they are also seen as an 'enemy'. It's like you're asking those who signed and swore to protect you "Hey stop killing us" they do it anyway, there's no repercussions and then other people also join in that fight against you.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
I think I need to address another issue as well. But I'm having trouble coming up with a good example so instead I will use a bad one in hopes that it is taken as it's meant to be. Keep in mind I'm a bisexual transgender woman, so I've had this comparison made against myself as well. So don't let one's initial distaste to it frame the whole comparison.

Much of this thread seems to be about understanding why things are the way they are, and to, framed in that light, be a bit more understanding and accepting of what's occurring in the "black" community.

Now here's where I think the problem is. We as a culture have already been doing that. We've been doing that for a very long while, and in doing so enabling quite a lot of bad behavior by trying to be understanding. I think in doing so, we've done a great disservice to the "black" community. We constantly try to find ways to frame the narrative so the person of black skin is a victim of an unjust society. We do so even in times where the black skinned person has clearly gone too far. This is bad, and we never should have done it. It's good to be understanding, but it's not good to be enabling. When one enables bad behavior, makes excuses for it, it allows that behavior to become more common, to grow and spread. We helped create this problem by becoming too understanding, by becoming too lenient.

So where the bad comparison is. Pedophiles. (Keep in mind transgender bi-sexual this has nothing to do with saying blacks are same as pedophiles merely comparing the situation) Apparently Pedophiles exist because of one of or both of two reasons. As a response to trauma from being a victim (something done to them) of pedophilia in their youth, and/or as a result of birth resulting in an attraction which they cannot control. I have sympathy and understanding for both these things. That, however, does not mean I'm going to be lenient towards, nor enable pedophiles who decide to act upon their urges and violate and innocent child with a slight slap on the wrist. If we did that, no matter how understanding we were, enabling it and making excuses for it would only enable, cause and result in more children being violated. (Sadly many places are doing just that, but that's a different topic altogether)

Same is true for rioting, and other negative hostile acts of brutality and or racism by people of black skin. Being understanding is one thing, enabling and making excuses for and protecting bad actions is another.

Now I'm sure you're thinking "Being lenient? Enabling? What about all those blacks being incarcerated?" I think part of that is a result of letting things get this bad in the first place, which has turned "black" communities into easy targets for, for profit prison systems. I also think this is a multi-tear issue and what I'm talking about here is only ONE aspect of the overall problem. Is also an issue of black criminals being told it's not their fault they are criminals, remember part of the narrative is they can't help but be criminals cause they're so damn angry and marginalized, it gives a person an outlet to excuse their own bad actions. Another problem is the corruption of government taking advantage of this bad situation.

Honestly probably shouldn't have posted this as it will likely be taken wrong as it's only really dealing with one aspect of a far greater problem, in some ways a symptom of a greater problem. See I think all this was intentional. I think people in power have been systematically promoting this dynamic to keep the "black" man down. Not because they are black mind you, but because they don't like sharing power with anyone and "race" is a vulnerability they can exploit.

Which they are doing. They're using the racism of the past to help trap the "black" community into keeping themselves down, and protecting the bad behavior of "black" criminals by framing it in the light of not their fault. Is such a complicated issue.

You should never be afraid to make your statements, you know what you are saying/trying to say, if the other person doesn't get it, it's not entirely your fault.

And I agree with what you've said there. That power they don't want to share is what some people tend to classify as 'white supremacy'(I await some random person to quote and shot obama, I probably won't respond, so I might be saving your efforts here).

As for enabling, I agree fully. No one should believe they are right for what they do. The music propagates it, hollywood, news and just about anything. One of the strongest factors I believe, the world has a 'badboy' complex. Where being the typical law abiding citizen in all situations is just lame and boring. People slightly favor or well show in a good light that being 'bad' is cool. The blackman has been placed at the top of this, believe me, many black persons you see are of the belief that they can beat you to a pulp because of skin color.

Because of the globalized stereotypes, the man of a weaker mind and even a strong mind will believe because afterall, everyone wants to feel special. Many black persons are of the idea "I am to be respected, because I'm a feared entity", "We are the baddest of all time." The idea that all black people are thugs coupled with the music is the strongest enabler I know. Possibly could attribute to why black on black crime is as high as it is, because everyone feels they are 'bad'.

And I probably didn't explain that good. But as an example, if the title of this thread should be globalized and used in news reports and continuously spread across the land, in a way which suggests it's 'cool' or gains power over others. We would see significant growth in white racists. As everyone wants to be cool, everyone wants to fit in.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

I saw this post on a blog some time ago, and it is the best explanation I have seen to date. It may come accross as racist, but I dont think that was the writers intent. Here it is:

For almost 150 years the United States has been conducting an interesting experiment. The subjects of the experiment: black people and working-class whites. The hypothesis to be tested: Can a people taken from the jungles of Africa and forced into slavery be fully integrated as citizens in a majority white population? The whites were descendants of Europeans who had created a majestic civilization. The former slaves had been tribal peoples with no written language and virtually no intellectual achievements. Acting on a policy that was not fair to either group, the government released newly freed black people into a white society that saw them as inferiors. America has struggled with racial discord ever since. Decade after decade the problems persisted but the experimenters never gave up. They insisted that if they could find the right formula the experiment would work, and concocted program after program to get the result they wanted. They created the Freedman’s Bureau, passed civil rights laws, tried to build the Great Society, declared War on Poverty, ordered race preferences, built housing projects, and tried midnight basketball. Their new laws intruded into people’s lives in ways that would have been otherwise unthinkable. They called in National Guard troops to enforce school integration. They outlawed freedom of association. Over the protests of parents, they put white children on buses and sent them to black schools and vice versa. They tried with money, special programs, relaxed standards, and endless handwringing to close the “achievement gap.” To keep white backlash in check they began punishing public and even private statements on race. They hung up Orwellian public banners that commanded whites to “Celebrate Diversity!” and “Say No to Racism.” Nothing was off limits if it might salvage the experiment. Some thought that what W.E.B. DuBois called the Talented Tenth would lead the way for black people. A group of elite, educated blacks would knock down doors of opportunity and show the world what blacks were capable of. There is a Talented Tenth. They are the black Americans who have become entrepreneurs, lawyers, doctors and scientists. But ten percent is not enough. For the experiment to work, the ten percent has to be followed by a critical mass of people who can hold middle-class jobs and promote social stability. That is what is missing. Through the years, too many black people continue to show an inability to function and prosper in a culture unsuited to them. Detroit is bankrupt, the south side of Chicago is a war zone, and the vast majority of black cities all over America are beset by degeneracy and violence. And blacks never take responsibility for their failures. Instead, they lash out in anger and resentment. Across the generations and across the country, as we have seen in Detroit, Watts, Newark, Los Angeles, Cincinnati, and now Ferguson, rioting and looting are just one racial incident away. The white elite would tell us that this doesn’t mean the experiment has failed. We just have to try harder. We need more money, more time, more understanding, more programs, and more opportunities. But nothing changes no matter how much money is spent, no matter how many laws are passed, no matter how many black geniuses are portrayed on TV, and no matter who is president. Some argue it’s a problem of “culture,” as if culture creates people’s behavior instead of the other way around. Others blame “white privilege.” But since 1965, when the elites opened America’s doors to the Third World, immigrants from Asia and India–people who are not white, not rich, and not “connected”–have quietly succeeded. While the children of these people are winning spelling bees and getting top scores on the SAT, black “youths” are committing half the country’s violent crime–crime, which includes viciously punching random white people on the street for the thrill of it that has nothing to do with poverty. The experiment has failed. Not because of white culture, or white privilege, or white racism. The fundamental problem is that American black culture has evolved into an unfixable and crime ridden mess. They do not want to change their culture or society, and expect others to tolerate their violence and amoral behavior. They have become socially incompatible with other races by their own design, not because of the racism of others - but by their own hatred of non-blacks. Our rulers don’t seem to understand just how tired their white subjects are with this experiment. They don’t understand that white people aren’t out to get black people; they are just exhausted with them. They are exhausted by the social pathologies, the violence, the endless complaints, and the blind racial solidarity, the bottomless pit of grievances, the excuses, and the reflexive animosity. The elites explain everything with “racism,” and refuse to believe that white frustration could soon reach the boiling point.

There are a couple of points I do not agree with in this essay; Although African tribes did not have a written language, they did and do have a rich culture and oral tradition, and I dont think as the writer stated, its going to reach a "boiling point" any time soon, but what I do think will happen is people will start to separate themselves from the other group. We will be a divided country. It is a shame. I think we need to stop trying to induce change externally, communities have to try to better themselves from within. That is a big part of the problem, decades of trying to fix a problem from the outside that can only be fixed by the people you are trying to change.
edit on 24-9-2016 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

I firmly believe that gangsta rappers aren't promoted and made into status symbols cause they're the best most skilled entertainment the "black" community has had to offer. It's purposeful and malicious.

As for white supremacy thing, these people do not have their power because they are white. Their whiteness has nothing to do with it. I despise the classifying that power as white supremacy. I am white skinned, I do not benefit from them being in power, I'm well below the poverty line, and they are my enemy too. White supremacy completely mislabels the problem entirely and is way off the dart board.

It separates me from you, as it lumps me in with them due to the color of my skin, when the truth is it is we who should be lumped together. Obama actually is a good example he's part of their cabal. It's about economic and social status. As I said earlier there is more connecting rich white people and rich black people than there is poor black people and rich black people. As a poor white person and you a poor black person, we are more connected than you are with your Obama example.

So framing it as a white supremacy problem is wrong. Framing matters. The wrong framing can completely ruin a picture. We share the same enemy, but by framing it in terms of white supremacy you imply I'm not also a victim, and am part of the problem. This forces us to argue over this rather than, if it had been framed right in the first place causing us to unite against the same enemy harming us both.

See this is the problem with racist language, it creates divides that shouldn't exist.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
You left out a few things that might matter:

black people sold their own into slavery
the first slave owner in the US was black
white people were slaves too

Today black people get free cell phones, free cable, housing subsidy, free food, free education, free healthcare.

I get to pay for it.

Black people are always saying they want freedom, equality, and justice. Today I read about a bunch of black people in Charlotte who stripped, beat, and dragged a white man through a parking garage. What heading would that come under: freedom, equality, or justice?

You can call it whatever you want, but to me it looks like nothing but revenge. The problem is black people are not hurting the ones who committed the act of slavery. They are hurting a bunch of innocent people who just want to live their lives in peace.

White people were slaves just as long as black people were. That is only an issue here in this country among black people. People all over the world had to deal with slavery, but it is only still an issue here (except for small pockets of mostly black nations where slavery still exists). Why is that? Because this is the ONLY country that will put up with it.

If you cross the border into Canada you will see black people everywhere. But it is not like it is here in the US. They don't dress differently, act differently, speak differently, do anything differently. They are just people, like everyone else. And they are treated that way. No one cares what color their skin is. The difference is not the white people, it is the black people. You can conform to the majority of societies expectations and still express individuality. Its not selling out, its assimilating, joining in and taking part. Being.

This is way oversimplified, but: if ABC company is hiring and everyone at ABC company wears blue shirts, you should show up for your interview in a blue shirt. If you show up wearing a red shirt shouting, "Ya'll aint gon hire me cuz I wear red!" Guess what? You will be right. Congratulations. Your self fulfilling prophecy is now complete. (BTW - I know that was stereotypical speech but that is also what I hear the most when I speak to black people so...)

Is it fair to be told what color shirt to wear? No. Is it right? Maybe not. But, there are other companies to work for who may not care. Also, maybe none of the people who work for ABC company actually like to wear blue but they need the job so they choke back the bile every time they button that shirt because providing for their families is more important than the vagueness of appearance.

In the end, black people are their own worst enemy. From the gang banger killing his own people in the streets to the politicians who profit by keeping you cold and hungry, black people are responsible for your suffering far more than white people are.

Yes, I know this is oversimplified and very narrow. I cant and wont address the entirety of the black/white social/political machine. This is just a few facts, opinions, and observations. Take it for what it is.

Well if it's oversimplified I believe you understand enough and just refuse to state it for the sake of your argument.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

From what I´ve seen in the last 10 years the blacks are way more racist than whites. This started to happen when some smart ass whites decided to make campaigns against racism. These campaigns demonised whites in an also racist way and blacks started to feel empowered to treat every white person in a racist way. They started to do exactly what some whites were doing with them.

Solution to this?

The same as before but in the opposite way, some blacks will have to turn to the blacks in general and start campaigns agains the whites.

Doing this a few times will in the end convince everybody that racism is useless, unless its agains the chinese...

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: jcarr85

And in the end its all about reparations.

And who is supposed to pay those reparations? The children of slave owners? Or just white people in general? My family didn't come here until after WWII, but I'm white so I guess I get stuck with the bill even though neither I nor my ancestors had anything to do with it.

There were white slaves too, including the Irish. And there were black slave owners. Who is going to pay the descendants of the white slaves? Which black people are going to have to pay since their ancestors were slave owners? And, as you pointed out, slave owners raped slaves. So their descendants are both slave owner and slave. Should black people pay each other? If it is equality you want, then you can take your share of the alleged debt.
edit on 24-9-2016 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I was in highschool walking and 3 junior highschool blacks that i have never seen before attempted to jump me. Blacks are racist.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: 8675309jenny

But what's the real reason a black man is how he is? Where did he learn all this? You remove a black man from Africa, split him from his family, force him to work, abuse him, kill them because you felt like it, raped their wives, caged them. You made them animals for your own amusement, then you set them free, however, you set them free during a time when they were looked down on. How are they to survive? You released your "Monkeys" with absolutely no money, no education, nothing. Who would hire them? Who would want them in their schools? What do you expect them to do? Rise?

Wow. Just WOW.

What whole paragraph was just unbelievable, but I really like the part I bolded. So what's your solution, "set them free" at a later date when they aren't "looked down on" Like maybe start a TV public opinion campaign right after Lincoln was shot in the 1860's ??? You know, and keep them in slavery until the average folk start to come around to liking black folks and even looking UP to them. THEN you can release them!?!?!

I attempting to imagine how much more I would LOATHE your entire premise, assumptions and tone in this OP if I myself we're African American.....

Your entire presentation is more RACIST than you accuse white Amricans of being.

I'm sorry if I haven't stated everything in the most perfect terms. read it:

In the time they were set free, they were looked down on.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: suvorov

Wrong, for so many reasons. I've given my own similar example earlier on why that's wrong. But you're clearly just trying to instigate.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join