It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Are White Americans So Racist?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: SuspiciousTom

I don't think I should explain this, look up post-slavery segregation/discrimination.

Black students demand segregated spaces from white students

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: dr1234

That could be taken multiple ways. You might want to better clarify. I can think of multiple ways to interpret what meaning what you've said has and the "data" you've provided.

It sounds kinda like you're oversimplifying what people are saying or implying implications that aren't there.
edit on 9/23/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Maybe these SJWs also want a certain part of the bus to be for blacks only as well?

What about bathrooms? Drinking fountains?

/sarcasm

What a slap in the face to the civil rights movement of the 50s.

edit on 9-23-2016 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
I think that, as is the general rule of thumb, unhappy people express their displeasure. When its entire populations, you get stuff like riots.

No, it isn't right to riot. But when you are actually desperate.....

I can tell you this: were I to have no chance to improve my crappy economic situation, while being patronized with handouts (as if living forfree is a replacement to having a rewarding life), i may likely find myself frustrated and desperate enough to riot. Hell, im willing to put a brick through a window over bad customer service, truth be told.

Point being: if the nation is sick of hearing this BLM crap, the solution is to address the issue causing it. Kinda like my wife. Once I learned that taking a minute to listen to the "nagging" taught me that it was actually legitimate concerns that, once addressed, gave me the peace I wanted.

Just a thought.

This, this is what I endorse to the fullest. Even if you don't listen to understand, but to have it pass, don't listen to just respond. Just listen.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: SuspiciousTom

Yea, you're in this thread most likely infuriated at the title because you were subject to generalization/"stereotype".

No because I laughed my ass off.

And that's completely acceptable. Suggests you know within yourself nothing here applies to you. Kudos.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I love people. I mean, I really do. Old, young, all of us stuck in the middle.. all colors, nationalities, religions, political affiliations.. male female and in between.. I mean I love us. I don't love evil people but still pray for them.

And this messy thread is so disheartening. The anonymity of the internet brings out the worst, I guess.

I know my history and therefore know that black people don't have the monopoly on violent crime. I've read about Bolsheviks, Nazis, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, Jeffery Dalmer, Dick Cheney for God's sake and know that evil comes to all kinds of people if you want to let it in.

I came to this site to exchange ideas, expand my horizens but have found a lot of closed minded partisan detritus. (And some awesomeness, I must admit).

Carry on

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
White Americans are much less racist than blacks in America right now. Blacks are even racist against themselves. Just listen to rap music and hear them call each other racial slurs almost every other word. Explain this to everyone m-kay?

Good point, but why does everyone including blacks themselves hate blacks?

I believe it is because the media and the talking heads with the power of the air waves, and the radical leftists are fueling it all to the hilt with non stop race baiting and convincing blacks that they are downtrodden and picked on and are victims, and when you inflame people with this much support towards an evil end they will believe in it and react as if it is all true, and so it becomes true to them, and what we see is the result. And Whites have been fueled in the same way to believe they are guilty of it all, and we still see a lot of white guilt happening.

The proof is in how Obama promised the black community that he would lead them out of an impoverished state which just by him saying that also keeps that fuel burning that they ARE indeed impoverished, (which is only a belief system and may not be true unless by this fueling mechanism makes it become true. but he never helped anyone be lead away from any impoverished state and so it goes.. Bearers of false gifts. But he got those votes so he didn't need them anymore. This is who was elected president, a false messiah.

edit to add: And with this much unrelenting negative programming people just become hopeless and start eating their own, or hating everyone.
edit on 24-9-2016 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

Problem I have with BLM is it's a false narrative, and attacking a symptom rather than the cause. But that's a whole different issue. I agree police corruption is a problem, I disagree that attacking the problem under the framing as a black rights issue is the way to go about fixing it.

That's neither here nor there though. BLM is simply distracting from solving the real problem. Which means it's actually helping it.

I'm not particularly interested in their entire movement, but they do bring about the unity of the people and they do present a forefront for them to be heard. The problem I believe that lies with them is that they don't go the extra mile to explain to people how to make moves. They aren't keeping what they have chosen to take upon themselves under control. Since they have risen, even though they have united the people, they have united ignorance which they fail to dismantle and it spreads quickly. But it doesn't help their mission when people fight back with All lives matter, ignore them. It's almost a self-unity thing unless someone else decides they should key in their unwarranted opinion and make reference to black on black crime and all that.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
I love people. I mean, I really do. Old, young, all of us stuck in the middle.. all colors, nationalities, religions, political affiliations.. male female and in between.. I mean I love us. I don't love evil people but still pray for them.

And this messy thread is so disheartening. The anonymity of the internet brings out the worst, I guess.

I know my history and therefore know that black people don't have the monopoly on violent crime. I've read about Bolsheviks, Nazis, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, Jeffery Dalmer, Dick Cheney for God's sake and know that evil comes to all kinds of people if you want to let it in.

I came to this site to exchange ideas, expand my horizens but have found a lot of closed minded partisan detritus. (And some awesomeness, I must admit).

Carry on

I'm sorry you feel that way about the thread, probably didn't get the point across clearly. But happy to hear you don't feel attacked and also love people for who they are

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   

White Americans are much less racist than blacks in America right now. Blacks are even racist against themselves. Just listen to rap music and hear them call each other racial slurs almost every other word. Explain this to everyone m-kay?

Good point, but why does everyone including blacks themselves hate blacks?

I believe it is because the media and the talking heads with the power of the air waves, and the radical leftists are fueling it all to the hilt with non stop race baiting and convincing blacks that they are downtrodden and picked on and are victims, and when you inflame people with this much support towards an evil end they will believe in it and react as if it is all true, and so it becomes true to them, and what we see is the result. And Whites have been fueled in the same way to believe they are guilty of it all, and we still see a lot of white guilt happening.

The proof is in how Obama promised the black community that he would lead them out of an impoverished state which just by him saying that also keeps that fuel burning that they ARE indeed impoverished, (which is only a belief system and may not be true unless by this fueling mechanism makes it become true. but he never helped anyone be lead away from any impoverished state and so it goes.. Bearers of false gifts. But he got those votes so he didn't need them anymore. This is who was elected president, a false messiah.

edit to add: And with this much unrelenting negative programming people just become hopeless and start eating their own, or hating everyone.

I think it's just the need to fit in, where you're the minority, it usually sets you as the outcast. Everything around you is different than that which you are and to blend and be seen as normal, you try to fit in. It was also considered bad to be black because of the forbidden event which gets many people here angry, it has been associated in a negative light. As well as after that event with the crime and all the negative attached stereotypes many just want to fit in. So once you find someone that settles with you, you rock with them and put on your fakest impression until you completely conform to that impression. Many of the kids you see out there aren't 'thugs' and don't want to be 'thugs'.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov

Carry on

I'm sorry you feel that way about the thread, probably didn't get the point across clearly. But happy to hear you don't feel attacked and also love people for who they are

It's not your posts OP I'm saddened by.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   

They haven't united the people. They've indoctrinated some people under a false framing of complicated situation and in doing so divided many as a result and in doing so distracted from the real problem. Your claim is false, rather than unite as you claim, they've instead created further division under the illusion of unity all without realizing they are doing so serving the instigations and desires of people like Soros who make a living creating problems so they can provide a "solution" to them that will never fix it but permanently line their pockets while keep us too weak, divided and distracted to fight back.

BLM is being used to protect police corruption by framing it in the wrong light, as well as further the race divide in the process by giving Soros and people like him a venue to place paid instigators to further instigate this divide with false outrage and brutality.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Simple they put all the poor people in one place by giving them a place to live of course where they wanted. And providing money so they wouldn't move to find work. They have been put in to a prison in most places public housing even has fences around it. It's not do to slavery it's do to policies that have been inacted.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   
You left out a few things that might matter:

black people sold their own into slavery
the first slave owner in the US was black
white people were slaves too

Today black people get free cell phones, free cable, housing subsidy, free food, free education, free healthcare.

I get to pay for it.

Black people are always saying they want freedom, equality, and justice. Today I read about a bunch of black people in Charlotte who stripped, beat, and dragged a white man through a parking garage. What heading would that come under: freedom, equality, or justice?

You can call it whatever you want, but to me it looks like nothing but revenge. The problem is black people are not hurting the ones who committed the act of slavery. They are hurting a bunch of innocent people who just want to live their lives in peace.

White people were slaves just as long as black people were. That is only an issue here in this country among black people. People all over the world had to deal with slavery, but it is only still an issue here (except for small pockets of mostly black nations where slavery still exists). Why is that? Because this is the ONLY country that will put up with it.

If you cross the border into Canada you will see black people everywhere. But it is not like it is here in the US. They don't dress differently, act differently, speak differently, do anything differently. They are just people, like everyone else. And they are treated that way. No one cares what color their skin is. The difference is not the white people, it is the black people. You can conform to the majority of societies expectations and still express individuality. Its not selling out, its assimilating, joining in and taking part. Being.

This is way oversimplified, but: if ABC company is hiring and everyone at ABC company wears blue shirts, you should show up for your interview in a blue shirt. If you show up wearing a red shirt shouting, "Ya'll aint gon hire me cuz I wear red!" Guess what? You will be right. Congratulations. Your self fulfilling prophecy is now complete. (BTW - I know that was stereotypical speech but that is also what I hear the most when I speak to black people so...)

Is it fair to be told what color shirt to wear? No. Is it right? Maybe not. But, there are other companies to work for who may not care. Also, maybe none of the people who work for ABC company actually like to wear blue but they need the job so they choke back the bile every time they button that shirt because providing for their families is more important than the vagueness of appearance.

In the end, black people are their own worst enemy. From the gang banger killing his own people in the streets to the politicians who profit by keeping you cold and hungry, black people are responsible for your suffering far more than white people are.

Yes, I know this is oversimplified and very narrow. I cant and wont address the entirety of the black/white social/political machine. This is just a few facts, opinions, and observations. Take it for what it is.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Why Are White Americans So Racist?

They aren't. Don't generalize. Answer me this fact. Why do blacks kill more blacks than whites kill blacks. What are blacks so racist against blacks then? That's an answer I'd like to get.

Finally , I'd like to say we are human beings first. I don't judge people on color or focus on it either, so don't lump me into your reverse racist views.
edit on 24-9-2016 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I think I need to address another issue as well. But I'm having trouble coming up with a good example so instead I will use a bad one in hopes that it is taken as it's meant to be. Keep in mind I'm a bisexual transgender woman, so I've had this comparison made against myself as well. So don't let one's initial distaste to it frame the whole comparison.

Much of this thread seems to be about understanding why things are the way they are, and to, framed in that light, be a bit more understanding and accepting of what's occurring in the "black" community.

Now here's where I think the problem is. We as a culture have already been doing that. We've been doing that for a very long while, and in doing so enabling quite a lot of bad behavior by trying to be understanding. I think in doing so, we've done a great disservice to the "black" community. We constantly try to find ways to frame the narrative so the person of black skin is a victim of an unjust society. We do so even in times where the black skinned person has clearly gone too far. This is bad, and we never should have done it. It's good to be understanding, but it's not good to be enabling. When one enables bad behavior, makes excuses for it, it allows that behavior to become more common, to grow and spread. We helped create this problem by becoming too understanding, by becoming too lenient.

So where the bad comparison is. Pedophiles. (Keep in mind transgender bi-sexual this has nothing to do with saying blacks are same as pedophiles merely comparing the situation) Apparently Pedophiles exist because of one of or both of two reasons. As a response to trauma from being a victim (something done to them) of pedophilia in their youth, and/or as a result of birth resulting in an attraction which they cannot control. I have sympathy and understanding for both these things. That, however, does not mean I'm going to be lenient towards, nor enable pedophiles who decide to act upon their urges and violate and innocent child with a slight slap on the wrist. If we did that, no matter how understanding we were, enabling it and making excuses for it would only enable, cause and result in more children being violated. (Sadly many places are doing just that, but that's a different topic altogether)

Same is true for rioting, and other negative hostile acts of brutality and or racism by people of black skin. Being understanding is one thing, enabling and making excuses for and protecting bad actions is another.

Now I'm sure you're thinking "Being lenient? Enabling? What about all those blacks being incarcerated?" I think part of that is a result of letting things get this bad in the first place, which has turned "black" communities into easy targets for, for profit prison systems. I also think this is a multi-tear issue and what I'm talking about here is only ONE aspect of the overall problem. Is also an issue of black criminals being told it's not their fault they are criminals, remember part of the narrative is they can't help but be criminals cause they're so damn angry and marginalized, it gives a person an outlet to excuse their own bad actions. Another problem is the corruption of government taking advantage of this bad situation.

Honestly probably shouldn't have posted this as it will likely be taken wrong as it's only really dealing with one aspect of a far greater problem, in some ways a symptom of a greater problem. See I think all this was intentional. I think people in power have been systematically promoting this dynamic to keep the "black" man down. Not because they are black mind you, but because they don't like sharing power with anyone and "race" is a vulnerability they can exploit.

Which they are doing. They're using the racism of the past to help trap the "black" community into keeping themselves down, and protecting the bad behavior of "black" criminals by framing it in the light of not their fault. Is such a complicated issue.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   

I think it's just the need to fit in, where you're the minority, it usually sets you as the outcast. Everything around you is different than that which you are and to blend and be seen as normal, you try to fit in. It was also considered bad to be black because of the forbidden event which gets many people here angry, it has been associated in a negative light. As well as after that event with the crime and all the negative attached stereotypes many just want to fit in. So once you find someone that settles with you, you rock with them and put on your fakest impression until you completely conform to that impression. Many of the kids you see out there aren't 'thugs' and don't want to be 'thugs'.

I think this is a wonderfully put statement and brings the conversation back to the basic human need of feeling accepted and loved. People, out of that fundamental desire, will take it where they can get it even if it's to their own detriment. And when there is a lack of positive acceptance, life-affirming acceptance, a vacuum is created where any acceptance will be allowed to take root.

I think your last sentence is particularly astute and it's one that breaks my heart. Being outside the culture and not sharing the same skin I have zero credibility but look on with hope. Not a false hope but a genuine hope that black men will start standing up and leading their communities. Being fathers to their children and leading their family forward and making a positive example of their lives so that their children can see it and want to follow. I've know a good many men in my life who have made that change and taken on that responsibility. It's not as attractive or materially rewarding as chasing an illusory lifestyle but it definitely is a positive change in the right direction. I believe, that if that were to happen, you'd see a drastic, and dramatic, improvement within the vast majority of communities nationwide that are struggling with poverty, crime, teenage pregnancy etc, because I believe your last sentence is the truth.
edit on 24-9-2016 by TheOnlyAnswer because: sp

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
I think I need to address another issue as well. But I'm having trouble coming up with a good example so instead I will use a bad one in hopes that it is taken as it's meant to be. Keep in mind I'm a bisexual transgender woman, so I've had this comparison made against myself as well. So don't let one's initial distaste to it frame the whole comparison.

Much of this thread seems to be about understanding why things are the way they are, and to, framed in that light, be a bit more understanding and accepting of what's occurring in the "black" community.

Now here's where I think the problem is. We as a culture have already been doing that. We've been doing that for a very long while, and in doing so enabling quite a lot of bad behavior by trying to be understanding. I think in doing so, we've done a great disservice to the "black" community. We constantly try to find ways to frame the narrative so the person of black skin is a victim of an unjust society. We do so even in times where the black skinned person has clearly gone too far. This is bad, and we never should have done it. It's good to be understanding, but it's not good to be enabling. When one enables bad behavior, makes excuses for it, it allows that behavior to become more common, to grow and spread. We helped create this problem by becoming too understanding, by becoming too lenient.

So where the bad comparison is. Pedophiles. (Keep in mind transgender bi-sexual this has nothing to do with saying blacks are same as pedophiles merely comparing the situation) Apparently Pedophiles exist because of one of or both of two reasons. As a response to trauma from being a victim (something done to them) of pedophilia in their youth, and/or as a result of birth resulting in an attraction which they cannot control. I have sympathy and understanding for both these things. That, however, does not mean I'm going to be lenient towards, nor enable pedophiles who decide to act upon their urges and violate and innocent child with a slight slap on the wrist. If we did that, no matter how understanding we were, enabling it and making excuses for it would only enable, cause and result in more children being violated. (Sadly many places are doing just that, but that's a different topic altogether)

Same is true for rioting, and other negative hostile acts of brutality and or racism by people of black skin. Being understanding is one thing, enabling and making excuses for and protecting bad actions is another.

Now I'm sure you're thinking "Being lenient? Enabling? What about all those blacks being incarcerated?" I think part of that is a result of letting things get this bad in the first place, which has turned "black" communities into easy targets for, for profit prison systems. I also think this is a multi-tear issue and what I'm talking about here is only ONE aspect of the overall problem. Is also an issue of black criminals being told it's not their fault they are criminals, remember part of the narrative is they can't help but be criminals cause they're so damn angry and marginalized, it gives a person an outlet to excuse their own bad actions. Another problem is the corruption of government taking advantage of this bad situation.

Honestly probably shouldn't have posted this as it will likely be taken wrong as it's only really dealing with one aspect of a far greater problem, in some ways a symptom of a greater problem. See I think all this was intentional. I think people in power have been systematically promoting this dynamic to keep the "black" man down. Not because they are black mind you, but because they don't like sharing power with anyone and "race" is a vulnerability they can exploit.

Which they are doing. They're using the racism of the past to help trap the "black" community into keeping themselves down, and protecting the bad behavior of "black" criminals by framing it in the light of not their fault. Is such a complicated issue.

Star for you. Great thoughts.

I'm an older worker and get discriminated against all the time in favor of younger workers. Go figure. I have more experience and can add more value to the companies, but if you're over 40 companies look at you as past your prime. Their loss. I'll move on until i find a less ageist company. My gain.

Prejudice exist in many forms, not just skin pigment.
edit on 24-9-2016 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 02:52 AM
link   

And that's completely acceptable. Suggests you know within yourself nothing here applies to you. Kudos.

Very good sir!

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   

From a British perspective you aren't born to be racist (I would call it wary of dodgy blacks), it's something you develop due to experience. When I was a student I lived in a zone that was fairly mixed with Asians and blacks, that's what you do as a student you live in somewhere cheap you can afford. Living there for a year was an experience let me tell you! No problems ever with the peaceful asians. Me and other whites were targets for the black gangs around there, they's chase you at the first site, not just me but many many others were attacked by such mobs. If you were out at night returning home it was literally a very risky thing to merely walk the street. You learnt to run and run fast, I experienced two knifings in front of my eyes and those things stick with you. Those thugs who chased us young 18 year olds with knives, what total scum they were. They bring any racism on themselves and their communities. Loads of people I know had the same experience. The black community has a massive share of blame for making people wary of them here in the UK inner cities. They literally bring it on themselves.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join