It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Are White Americans So Racist?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: SuspiciousTom
Hey, no one is blaming white people, but one may be showing a reason as to why black people are the way they are
and why persons who are against the BLM group should lay back and let them do what they are doing.

You could have fooled me. When you say things like:

Have you ever abused something for 300+ years, then throw it back out into the world with nothing but it's shirt on it's back. You will live what you learn. You will hate your abusers and you will pass it down to your kids.

Or:

But they didn't just wake up one day and decide to kill each other. Just pointing out a few reasons they might be this way.

Sounds like you're implying it's our fault. The slave masters, the oppressors.

That's why I felt the need to point out that snippet of history.

Again, I am not denying there are some racial issues that could be addressed (ON ALL SIDES).

As for BLM? The colored KKK. Just MY opinion.

Edit: Maybe a little too far comparing them to the KKK. So my apologies there. But I do not like what I have seen from BLM. That however, is a subject for another time or thread.

edit on 9-23-2016 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

So the US police are killing black people

It's hard to talk with people like you because you believe in myths. Facts are not found in your claims. Black men are RARELY killed by cops. White people are killed more by cops and you actually have a batter chance of being shot by a cop if you're white. Also, black men )6% of the population) commit more than half of the violent crime in this country. These are facts you ignore in place of racial paranoia and scapegoating of whites. What's that make you?

If you read this because the title bothered you, you should look into yourself. If you're planning to respond in a bothered tone, look at yourself a bit..

Right back at you.

Well if you have 800 pieces of regular crayon, and only about 88 pieces of 'other' crayon. If 60 of the regular pieces get shot, and 30 of the 'other' pieces get shot, which is more likely to get shot?
I like talking to people like you though.

When blacks commit the most crime, isn't it logical to assume that blacks are dealt with my cops more often?

But I'm sure you don't want to even ponder that reality.

Nothing is holding them back except their own toxic culture. Too many aspire to be rap stars and gansters than hard working family men.

I do know some hard working black family men, but I see more on the streets selling their CD's.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: SuspiciousTom

Explain why blacks commit a disproportionate amount of crime in countries they recently immigrated to and/or never had slavery. Like pretty much everywhere in Europe.

---------------------------------------------
Also--
US population in 1868 (emancipation proclamation) was 37 million, of which, about 26 million were white.

US population today is about 320 million, of which, of which about 223 million are white.

That's a difference of ~200 million whites. Some of this is attributable to population growth, but mostly, this is the result of massive waves of immigrants (Irish, Italians, Germans, Poles, Jews, etc.)

Question -- Based on those numbers alone, what is the chance that any average white person you pick is the descendant of SOMEONE WHO WAS ALIVE AND LIVING IN AMERICA IN THE 1800'S???

My family tree in America only goes back to post WW I.

Maybe you think I indirectly benefited from slavery? No, i grew up POOR. I used to get pissed when kids in high school would talk about how poor they were walking around in their Air Jordan's and FUBU hoodies. I've gone to school in sneakers held together by duct tape. I wore ripped blue jeans before, during, and after the time when they were cool. I've eaten out of a dumpster. I've eaten at a soup kitchen. I've stood with mama in the government cheese line. I know things about cockroaches that most non-exterminators wouldn't know. I was the WELFARE KID. I grew up #ING POOR.

White privilege is a myth as far as I am concerned.

Who benefited from slavery? Not the southern slave owners. They were BARELY making ends meet. The uninformed might look at an old plantation house and think this is a sign of opulence. Not with 30 members of the extended family and a half dozen house slaves living inside. Those houses were built big because one big house is cheaper than 4 small houses.

So who did benefit? The commodity traders in New York got rich, but MOST ESPECIALLY the Dutch and English slave traders rounding Africans up and putting them on boats. And none of those people are related to me.

Bottom line on slavery: I didn't do it, my ancestors didn't do it, I didn't benefit from it, my ancestors didn't benefit from it, SO I DON'T WANT TO #ING HEAR ABOUT IT.

I think YOU need to take a look at YOURSELF. Ask yourself why black people glorify misogyny and crime in their art. Ask yourself why good (or even barely average) academic performance is equated with trying to be white. Ask yourself why black children have no fathers. Ask yourself why decades of blacks-only college funding (racist) has resulted in blacks being the most uneducated race in America.
edit on 23-9-2016 by BlackFlag66 because: and another thing.....

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Just curious, if white Americans are so racist, why did they elect a mixed race president for TWO terms?

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Now your argument has become circular.

I already told you when it was. Go back and read this whole circular argument again to walk yourself through it. I am done here.

Well i'm sorry I cannot explain it. A good point though, I'll look into it.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
White people and Black people are the perfect match.
They are meant to be together.
There like ..............................

Abbott and Costello
Adam and Eve
apples and oranges
an arm and a leg
Antony and Cleopatra
bacon and eggs
Barbie and Ken
Batman and Robin
bed and breakfast
before and after
Bert and Ernie
big and small
big and tall
black and white
Bonnie and Clyde
bow and arrow
boys and girls
bread and butter
Cain and Abel
Castor and Pollux
cold and hot
Crick and Watson
cut and paste
day and night
death and taxes
Dick and Jane
divide and conquer
dogs and cats
each and every
ebony and ivory
fast and slow
fat and thin
fife and drum
fire and brimstone
fish and chips
flotsam and jetsam
free and clear
Gilbert and Sullivan
give and take
good and bad
good and evil
Hansel and Gretel
happy and sad
heaven and earth
heaven and hell
high and low
Hiroshima and Nagasaki
hot and cold
the Iliad and the Odyssey
in and out
Jack and Jill
Jekyll and Hyde
king and queen
Kirk and Spock
ladies and gentlemen
Lady and the Tramp
Lancelot and Guinevere
Laurel and Hardy
Lewis and Clark
left and right
love and hate
Lucy and Desi
mad dogs and Englishmen
Marx and Engels
meat and potatoes
Michelson and Morley
mom and pop
motherhood and apple pie
Napoleon and Josephine
near and far
new and old
old and young
open and shut
Orpheus and Eurydice
the Owl and the Pussycat
Phobos and Deimos
Porgy and Bess
Punch and Judy
push and pull
question and answer
Republicans and Democrats
right and left
right and wrong
rock and a hard place
rock and roll
Romeo and Juliet
Romulus and Remus
salt and pepper
Simon and Garfunkel
skull and bones
smoke and mirrors
stars and stripes
sweet and sour
Tarzan and Jane
thunder and lightning
Trinidad and Tobago
Tom and Jerry
Tristan and Isolde
Tweedledum and Tweedledee
ulna and radius
up and down
Venus and Mars
war and peace
Watson and Crick
xylem and phloem
yin and yang
young and old
zeroes and ones

Buck

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Hey Suspicious,

Doesn't is say something; that, according to your figures, 75% of blacks in this country aren't living in poverty? Seems to me like those members of the 25% of black people that are living in poverty and who spend time looking for reasons for why they can't advance socio economically and/or reasons why white Americans are to blame for their current predicament would better and more profitably spend that time looking at the 75% of blacks that aren't living in poverty.

Why wouldn't it make sense for the 25 percent that are living in poverty,( a minority of black people in the U.S.) to look towards the 75% that aren't living in poverty, (the majority of black people in the U.S.) for solutions to escaping poverty? Clearly, it's not just possible for black people to live above the poverty level, rather most DO live above the poverty level. Why don't the 25% model themselves after the 75%?

What's the difference between the 25% of blacks living in poverty and the 75% who aren't? It's not skin color.

Is their a chance that poor blacks and poor whites have more in common than poor blacks and blacks that aren't living in poverty do?

Billy

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   

You're right - mentioning "white privileged" will make people upset. That "privilege" vanishes the second you go into a city where you are the minority. There's a reason I don't set foot in the suburbs of Detroit - it's because nothing good can come from me being there; I don't fit in. You might remember a local case, Steve Utash, who accidentally hit a little kid and was practically beat to a pulp by a mob. Do you think the same would have happened if Steve was black?

WDIV - Steve Utash Article

And let's talk about the poorness aspect "How do you build up something from nothing". My dad was homless - the only thing I seem to recall him owning was a radio and a trumpet. You know how he got back on his feet? In exchange for a little money and a place to sleep, he offered to protect the building and keep thieves from breaking in. Now, my dad could have acted like many people do today, blaming Hitler for forcing my ancestors over here, where they were treated as different because they had a hard time with English and given extra scrutiny because clearly all Germans were allied with Germany, which led his immediate family to be poor. But he didn't: He realized that if he wanted to get back on his feet, he had to do it himself, and he found a way. (By the way, German, Irish and Native American heritage - seems to me two of those groups were treated poorly at the hands of White people?).

I see no reason, apart from an attitude, that the very same people claiming "my family is poor" couldn't do the same in their community. If Detroit has one thing going for them, it's that they are at least attempting to help get them on their feet.

I also don't think it's illogical to move away from an area once you have the money to do so. Remember, for most of us, money isn't just handed over: You have to want to make it, which means, guess what, if you don't put any effort into making the money, then of course you'll be stuck in the same area, complaining that you have nothing. Big shocker, but for-profit companies out there don't mind putting you in debt while claiming you "passed" (I went to ITT - we had a guy that didn't know how to solve for X in this equation: 1*X = 0).

Finally, I'm not griping about the people that do as MLK Jr taught, in that a peaceful protest is the way to go. Keyword: Peaceful. Get arrested, released, go back out the same day. Stage a sit-in outside a police department's headquarters (for extra effort, make chalk outlines with the names of the people that were killed by police). Form a human chain to protect a building that might be a target for being attacked. Sit in front of the officers (if they aren't moving of course) with your hands up. Put on a drama in the middle of the street pretending you are being shot.

I will continue to gripe about those that use the protest as a reason to do harm, steal, injure another human, and destroy another's property. If you are supporting this, then you need to look at yourself as to the source of why the police are more on edge. The general tone in your piece that I am picking up is "it's someone else's fault we're in this mess, and people don't seem to get that". I agree - I understand BLM is just like the police in one aspect: Both have bad seeds that basically destroy what everyone else is trying to accomplish. Both the police and BLM need to reform, to weed out those bad seeds, so that both can come to an understanding.

-fossilera

PS: I did look at myself - and myself says that I'm aware there are problems. I support the right to free speech, and any non-violent, non-destructive protests that are entailed. Do I think BLM is trying to say "Kill all White people; make them our slaves!!"? No. Do I think there are people with that attitude out there? Yes. Those are the ones the news media wants everyone to see because of ratings, further causing chaos, and harming the end goal: Peace. Do I have responsibilities as a White Person? Yes. I am responsible for treating someone as a person, stepping up for them if they are obviously being treated unfairly, and calling people out when they do something blatantly racist.
edit on 23/9/2016 by fossilera because:

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: xstealth

originally posted by: TheBulk

So the US police are killing black people

It's hard to talk with people like you because you believe in myths. Facts are not found in your claims. Black men are RARELY killed by cops. White people are killed more by cops and you actually have a batter chance of being shot by a cop if you're white. Also, black men )6% of the population) commit more than half of the violent crime in this country. These are facts you ignore in place of racial paranoia and scapegoating of whites. What's that make you?

If you read this because the title bothered you, you should look into yourself. If you're planning to respond in a bothered tone, look at yourself a bit..

Right back at you.

Well if you have 800 pieces of regular crayon, and only about 88 pieces of 'other' crayon. If 60 of the regular pieces get shot, and 30 of the 'other' pieces get shot, which is more likely to get shot?
I like talking to people like you though.

When blacks commit the most crime, isn't it logical to assume that blacks are dealt with my cops more often?

But I'm sure you don't want to even ponder that reality.

Nothing is holding them back except their own toxic culture. Too many aspire to be rap stars and gansters than hard working family men.

I do know some hard working black family men, but I see more on the streets selling their CD's.

Of course it is logical. I've just proposed reasons as to why you may see this violent behavior. The music is toxic, I will not deny but they also openly state what they must do to survive.

It's rather rude to tell someone to give up on what they want to be, and go be a "Hard working family man" why is it so hard to do both? Why can't they do both?

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011

Just curious, if white Americans are so racist, why did they elect a mixed race president for TWO terms?

Why is hilary nominated?

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: imwilliam
Hey Suspicious,

Doesn't is say something; that, according to your figures, 75% of blacks in this country aren't living in poverty? Seems to me like those members of the 25% of black people that are living in poverty and who spend time looking for reasons for why they can't advance socio economically and/or reasons why white Americans are to blame for their current predicament would better and more profitably spend that time looking at the 75% of blacks that aren't living in poverty.

Why wouldn't it make sense for the 25 percent that are living in poverty,( a minority of black people in the U.S.) to look towards the 75% that aren't living in poverty, (the majority of black people in the U.S.) for solutions to escaping poverty? Clearly, it's not just possible for black people to live above the poverty level, rather most DO live above the poverty level. Why don't the 25% model themselves after the 75%?

What's the difference between the 25% of blacks living in poverty and the 75% who aren't? It's not skin color.

Is their a chance that poor blacks and poor whites have more in common than poor blacks and blacks that aren't living in poverty do?

Billy

It's a bit like this, money makes money. When you're in poverty opportunity is harder to come by, much harder. Many men would love to work believe it or not, but when you can't afford to get your first pay cycle and your parents have just known poverty all their lives, you're really a gem if they understand the value of education. Not living in poverty also doesn't mean you're well off or rich. There's a line which separated each class and chances are many are barely above it.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Why can't they do both?

This is a pointless question to ask here. The only people who can answer that question are the myriad of walking stereotypes who have demonstrated through their actions that both can't be done.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

So now you're comparing people to crayons AND not only that, but you're insinuating that the crayons representing American of color are crayons other than "regular?"

Right. He should have used a skittles comparison. I find your faux outrage entertaining.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: fossilera

I'm in agreement with much of your statements and It's a great story you speak there. This thread is to explain why they may be so violent. It's no longer about poverty in these times but desensitization of a race, one must be able to understand how slavery and post slavery events would have a toll on the race.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Not living in poverty also doesn't mean you're well off or rich. There's a line which separated each class and chances are many are barely above it.

Ah, so you recognize that not appearing below the poverty line according to your little chart doesn't mean there's a huge leap to magical "privilege." Do you have any charts the show that racial breakdown? It would be interesting, as well as inconvenient to your argument, if a disproportionate number of caucasians were "just above poverty." I don't visit racist propaganda sites, so if no such chart exists, forgive my lack of knowledge on what type of convenient "stats" your source sites offer.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
I find your faux outrage entertaining.

Do ya?

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

I believe poverty is the root of it.

Mental poverty. Spiritual poverty. Financial poverty. Educational poverty.

In most cases, the impoverished, mistreated, ignored and neglected will look for someone to blame. It's equal on any side of the Human die, but while different people and different cultures/subcultures will internalize and externalize in different ways, most look for a scapegoat and someone to blame.

Most just sit down and buck up, learn a trade or marketable skill and move on. Others make a career out of pointing fingers, or encouraging others to do the same. How does that help the individual? It doesn't. All it does is foster a divisive mentality and keep folks at odds with one another.

And who benefits from that?

Certainly not the impoverished.

They merely become pawns in the game.

But why then, do so many choose to listen to and take hold of the words of those who profess to lead them to a "better tomorrow" by creating and encouraging generational dependence upon the self-same systems they've created.

But wait, before you start pointing fingers, ask yourself if you remember reading my opening to that question.

Then take a good long hard look in the mirror.

The only one you're playing is yourself.
The media sure has been playing ya'll.

Look what it has done to the boards.
Look what it has done the world.

edit on 9/23/16 by GENERAL EYES because: minor grammar edit, addition

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Not living in poverty also doesn't mean you're well off or rich. There's a line which separated each class and chances are many are barely above it.

Ah, so you recognize that not appearing below the poverty line according to your little chart doesn't mean there's a huge leap to magical "privilege." Do you have any charts the show that racial breakdown? It would be interesting, as well as inconvenient to your argument, if a disproportionate number of caucasians were "just above poverty." I don't visit racist propaganda sites, so if no such chart exists, forgive my lack of knowledge on what type of convenient "stats" your source sites offer.

That's the thing here so many persons within this thread can't expand beyond the meaning of 1 word, they can't understand chain reactions. Expand privilege as far as you can, then think if anything directly benefits you.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   

It's a bit like this, money makes money. When you're in poverty opportunity is harder to come by, much harder. Many men would love to work believe it or not, but when you can't afford to get your first pay cycle and your parents have just known poverty all their lives, you're really a gem if they understand the value of education.

But aren't these obstacles true of poor people in general rather than just the black poor? Don't poor white people face the same/similar obstacles?

Aren't the answers to/means of escaping poverty more similar than they are dissimilar among poor blacks and whites?

Agreed. But most of us, white or black, aren't rich. Fewer and fewer of us, black or white, even qualify as middle class when compared to the past.

Poverty is a problem, I guess I'm just questioning how much of it is about race. I feel like there are factors independent of race that play a larger role.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I know it's hard to do, but one of the things many people need to do is stop holding people responsible for the things they did not do, and stop defining themselves by the things done to others that are not them.

As I said I refuse to see you as a member of the black race, part of the issue is, you refuse not to.

So actions in the past have cause many people with black skin to start out poor. It sucks. It sucks for the massive number of white skinned people who start out poor for different reasons though too.

If we're all equally human, then, once you take race out of the picture and see both of the above as human. Both begin poor is the same. The reasons are irrelevant once we're all just people.

There's so much hate and resentment out there for people based on skin color, but why? The rich white skinned guy and rich black skinned guy probably have more in common with each other than the rich white guy with the poor white guy and vice versa.

People share more with the economic circles they live in than they do one based on skin color. We hold the same jobs, or lack there of, the same trials, the same trivialization, the same struggles. Sure there are some differences based on individual communities, but in the end the similarities are far greater.

So why are you posting about racism? What racism? Many black skinned folk are suffering just the same as many white skinned folk. The main number one difference is that people with white skin have no recognized acceptable scapegoat to blame for their situation. So they must take full responsibility for their successes and failures. There are no programs patronizing us telling us we can't succeed without help, there are no past atrocities connected to an arbitrary physical trait of ours we can blame for our predicament, most of the elite happen to share our skin color, so thanks to framing things in terms of race, even though we gain nothing for an elite person sharing our skin color, many believe a person with white skin struggling neither needs nor deserves a helping hand because someone we have no connection to but this trait has made it big. People with white skin have socially no one we're allowed to blame but ourselves, well there are people to blame, but not based on a physical trait. But that's ok, I've no desire to blame people for things based on some shallow physical trait. When one is left with no excuses, there is nothing to enable failure.

You do have an enemy though, it's not "white" people though. It's people who have power and desire to keep it. See for them, we're both the enemy cause we don't exist in their circles, we're peons meant to serve. They want people to hold onto the past, to make excuses, to blame the wrong people for their problems and keep us divided.

Stop buying into the myth of black and white, and start realizing the truth, there are no races, only we the people, and it's those with power used wrongly for the cause of oppression who are our enemies. Throw off the shackles of racism holding you down and become one with me and many enlightened others who see the truth. We are one, and we will not allow ourselves to be divided and corralled into separate pens. We already busted those pens right open. We broke free. Join us, the door is open, if only you'd step into the light.

Why oh why are we suddenly allowing them to try and put us back in them again. Remain free, do not let the people trying to push this new war of the races win. We're better than that. Don't let them shove us back in the pens again.
edit on 9/23/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join