It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Are White Americans So Racist?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: poncho1982

Here's a novel thought to reduce crime across the entire nation: only police real crime, not moral crime. Drug trade, prostitution....all the hallmarks of lascivious behavior....those are moral issues that the police and law have no place in.

Maybe if they stick to murders, theft, rape, burglary, etc, we could better use prison space to segregate the sociopaths and psychopaths, instead of imprisoning a million stoners.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: SuspiciousTom

Ahh I see you mentioned the war on drugs. There's a good real enemy for you. Try focusing on that. It's much more likely to have the results you want than the BLM narrative. Ending the war on drugs will have a far greater effect than anything the BLM is trying to do.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

This.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Ignorant....... ?

I've noticed the trend of threads here, never commending a black man, but always condemning. The only time the front page of ATS has something about a black man or a man of color is in STRONG relation to something negative. And the comments within that thread? Pretty saddening, to be honest, absolutely ignorant and toxic.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I'm not ignoring that. As I said this is all systematic and on purpose. I have clarified my stance on the poor and all that many times again. I kinda hoped by now people have been following along long enough I wouldn't need to over clarify.

I'm simply being expedient.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: poncho1982

You may want to place the blame on the people that taught that hypothetical police officer to be so wary of a specific group of people.

And I don't mean his trainers at the Police Academy. I mean the violent/unpredictable thugs they deal with all day, everyday. They are the police, that's what they do. Eventually it becomes a learned trait to some.

Now, if the crime rates were to go down in those communities, and the police were not feeling threatened all the time, then it would stop.it will not, however stop by the Police just being nicer. Criminals actually would LOVE that. The more restrictions you impose on a Policeperson, the more freedom you give the criminal element. It's a balancing act, the Police are there for a reason.

About that, yes. As stated black people do commit more crimes, doesn't mean they should all be labeled criminals, look at the number of person here within this thread angry to be labeled as a racist. Now imagine if I was to go ahead and harass them physically because there is a chance they may be that way. Especially when they had absolutely no racial problems. They may develop a disliking for the race who cannot see them as nothing but racists.

More restrictions on a police person? It's just having them do their job as they said they would in the way they said they would, not stop them, not impose any new laws, not impose any restrictions.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

No privilege is not just about being rich, but it is the best example to use to disprove it.

And yes, I get the irony of my last statement in my post, that's why I included the phrase "as anyone would be". But I also get how you just ignored the rest of my post.

I said "as anyone would be" to draw attention to the fact that these violent protests in NC are an extreme over reaction to a non problem. The facts simply do not back up the narrative the there is rampant Police violence on Blacks more than others. To some, it seems that what's done to you or perceived to have been done to you or others, is OK to do to another. When all that really does is validate their behavior. Why do you think Dr King's protests were all peaceful?

You should really look into his views on nonviolent resistance. The Black community would do well to revisit history.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I agree whole heartedly.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher
a reply to: BlubberyConspiracy

Just a correction. Soros funds far left groups like BLM, not far right groups.

He is a major donor to Hillary Clinton who is an open war hawk and anti progressive, Soros also invests in gold while betting government collapse while funding regime change for corporate access, is a major stock holder in multinational or large oppressive corporations like Monsanto and Time Warner, gives lip service to liberals fosters divisiveness and has openly bragged about pretending to be Christian in the holocaust while confiscating wealth from Jews because "its just like business, someone is going to do it anyway".

Neo lib at best, not far left in the slightest. Imo.

Since he endorses Clinton that might as well be considered funding a far right, fascist secretly racist and war mongering cause.
edit on 2016 by BlubberyConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

My point being: cause and effect.

Shuffle me into an environment where I have no chance to raise my kids with honor, character, etc, and you can expect disastrous results.

Some people are poor due to circumstance. Others, due to choices. The incredibly dense populations found in urban developments means that you essentially comingle the two above (with everyone else) and ensure that the lowest common denominator brings down the average.

Some context to how your culture can actually change your brain:

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Rather than quote boring text, the summary is: neuroplasticity allows our brains to mold to our environment. Ill add to this the results of epigenetic impact from the socioeconomic and environmental stressors.

Long story short: there are real consequences to the herding of people into ghettos. Cause and effect.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: BlubberyConspiracy

Actually Soros has his hands in lots of pots. Remember his marketing strategy is create a problem then provide the "solution" that's not limited to either side of the aisle.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove
You're right. Soros is all about chaos...problem/solution. No matter how it is achieved.

link   

I understand, but what's your solution? The only one I can think of is to change that environment. Which is not easy to do.

link   

originally posted by: SuspiciousTom
a reply to: Nickn3

The Holding down of the black race is not the point I'm trying to make, however I'm saying there will be ENTIRE LINES of family that live in the struggle because his predecessor failed to get him out, education failed, they do as they can. When you are accepted no where else, always know this one thing, criminals will accept you.

Your still clinging to the same old cop out. Any one can do any thing if they are willing to work for it. And lazy people who are unwilling to work for a career or education can always try to steal what their hearts desire.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: poncho1982

No privilege is not just about being rich, but it is the best example to use to disprove it.

And yes, I get the irony of my last statement in my post, that's why I included the phrase "as anyone would be". But I also get how you just ignored the rest of my post.

I said "as anyone would be" to draw attention to the fact that these violent protests in NC are an extreme over reaction to a non problem. The facts simply do not back up the narrative the there is rampant Police violence on Blacks more than others. To some, it seems that what's done to you or perceived to have been done to you or others, is OK to do to another. When all that really does is validate their behavior. Why do you think Dr King's protests were all peaceful?

You should really look into his views on nonviolent resistance. The Black community would do well to revisit history.

A lot of people hope for non violent protests, but with a large crowd of diverse personalities, I can imagine why you'd see that'd hard to keep violence free.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I'm curious though, where are all the bullhorns and protest leaders reminding everyone to stay non violent... was a really good strategy that seems abandoned these days.

Protests seem to lack generals, leaders and organizers once they start these days. You run a completely chaotic protest you get a completely chaotic protest.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Threw this link in here earlier. Gonna do it again, but with a different excerpt. This story....it resonates with me deeply. I mentioned that my lifes success is the result of having the ability to network. Otherwise, I grew up (and remained most of my adult life) dirt poor. So the bad logic, the bad thinking being expressed here.....i remember that this was (in many ways) how I thought. Except I was lucky enough to find my wife, who has been my anchor.

Anyway, this is just heartbreaking....but true:

Poverty is bleak and cuts off your long-term brain. It’s why you see people with four different babydaddies instead of one. You grab a bit of connection wherever you can to survive. You have no idea how strong the pull to feel worthwhile is. It’s more basic than food. You go to these people who make you feel lovely for an hour that one time, and that’s all you get. You’re probably not compatible with them for anything long term, but right this minute they can make you feel powerful and valuable. It does not matter what will happen in a month. Whatever happens in a month is probably going to be just about as indifferent as whatever happened today or last week. None of it matters. We don’t plan long term because if we do we’ll just get our hearts broken. It’s best not to hope. You just take what you can get as you spot it.

www.theguardian.com...

What I am opposed to is the sort of capitalism that sucks the life out of a whole bunch of the citizenry and then demands that they do better with whatever they have left. If we could just agree that poor people are doing the necessary grunt work and that there is dignity in that too, we’d be able to make it less onerous.

Indeed.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I've read that before and it's pretty much on the mark in a lot of ways. I became poor due to crippling depression myself. So I will admit that I was raised lower middle class but fell into poverty once out of the nest. Still in poverty and probably always will be. I didn't start in poverty so I don't have that inbuilt perspective. I admit that.
edit on 9/24/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

That's no excuse. Nothing is being done by the other protesters to stop them from getting violent.

These riots (because, lets be truthful here they're NOT protests) are not doing anything at all to further the point you're trying to make. It is in fact, making it plainly obvious to the rest of the world that they have no respect for other's themselves. it created more opposition, than it gains support.

Fact.

This is why Dr. King only held peaceful protests.

I'd have to say things were a lot worse for Black people then. I have 3 techs that work with me who are Black, one Navajo, one Vietnamese, a Lesbian, and a Ginger, if that counts....LOL

My point is, THAT would have never happened back then, and you know it. What makes those technicians different than any other Black person out there? it certainly is not their skin.

I'll tell you what's different....

Attitude.

There is no reason any Black person can't get out of the ghettos. None. It's all about attitude.

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join