It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton says she can maybe 'talk to white people' about police shootings.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: DanDanDat
Why does she need to be president to talk to white people? I'm confident all the major news outlets would give her unlimited air time to talk to white people today. If for some odd reason this talk only works with President Cred, I do believe President Obama has been very willing to stump for her; I'm also very confident he would be willing to stand with her when she has this talk with white people.

The streets are burning right now! ... this can't wait for January to role around. She needs to talk to white people right now and start putting an end to this madness.

Why is she waiting? It would be unscrupulous for her to hold off on this talk just to win an election. We must all demand better from the people who we have lead us. She must have this talk tonight!

She could start by naming the white people she is going to talk to in order to sort out the riots in NC.

I was under the impression that "white people" in this context ment all white people .... but if I put aside my own way of speaking I could be convinced that maybe she ment only certain white people.

"I will talk to white people" could in fact mean "I will talk to Tom, Dick, and Harry; who happen to be white people"

But if that's true and these white guys "Tom", "Dick", and "Harry" are in some way significantly responsible for Cop on Black shooting's and/or inciting the riots in our cities... than yes I agree she should be naming those people right now ... she should be calling for the justice department to investigate and prosecute them.

If true, It's almost unthinkable that she would sit on this information until she is presented instead of using her vast influence to do something about these white people right now.

And why would she even sit on this information instead of taking action right now? I hope it's not an attempt to increase emotions over this issue in the idea it wold help her in November... because if this is true than that would make Clinton one of those white people she needs to talk too ... and that's like the fox grading the hen house.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Ok, nothing personal, but you seem to post a lot about nothing. I guess you are consistent in that, which is something.

You seem to think they merit replies.

Also what is this thread about? A presidential candidate saying something off the cuff that, in hindsight, sounds dumb. That in and of itself is actually a lot about nothing which leaves me asking, why?

Yes, it does sound dumb. If you think a person running for possibly the most important job in the world sounding dumb is 'nothing', then fine, you are entitled to your opinion. I don't agree with you. I also think it's more than dumb. She was pandering, which tells me she is weak and has no conviction.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

She was pandering??? OMG!!!

They all do it.

Singling out this instance of pandering while having defended others is what I'm pointing out.

I know you can't deny it, and there is no point in me saying it again so, let's just leave it there.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

They all do it.

Singling out this instance of pandering while having defended others is what I'm pointing out.

I know you can't deny it, and there is no point in me saying it again so, let's just leave it there.

Dumb, weak and pandering. Yep, I think we agree.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

No, we don't.
edit on 22-9-2016 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Maybe she should instead talk to the black community about being violent and lazy?
edit on 22-9-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Maybe she should instead talk to the black community about being violent and lazy?

She should be talking to anyone who decides to engage in violence and destruction without knowing any facts, no matter the race. Anyone engaged in violence or destruction last night should be in jail. Maybe she can talk to them there if the DOJ ever does it's job and puts her behind bars too.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
The OP has made it clear that the only "topic" here is the phrase "talk to White people."

Not the context of what Clinton said, nor what she said she'd talk about, nor the fact that she called for greater efforts on all sides to find a solution.

Nope. The only thing on topic here, apparently, is to bash Clinton for using the phrase "White people."

What a waste.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
The OP has made it clear that the only "topic" here is the phrase "talk to White people."

Not the context of what Clinton said, nor what she said she'd talk about, nor the fact that she called for greater efforts on all sides to find a solution.

Nope. The only thing on topic here, apparently, is to bash Clinton for using the phrase "White people."

What a waste.

Perhaps she will revise her statement and realise she needs to speak to more than white people.
We've already established what she said she was going to talk about, but not yet established why she singled out white people. There does not seem to be any logical reason, at least none presented. Perhaps you can answer why?

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Perhaps you can answer why?

Why don't you ask her? Then you can share and ease the nail biting tension of those following the thread.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Perhaps you can answer why?

Why don't you ask her? Then you can share and ease the nail biting tension of those following the thread.

I am beginning to see why hardly anyone pays any attention to your posts. I think I will do the same from here on in as you clearly have nothing to say. At least other people who disagree with me strongly on this and other issues actually have a point to make.

edit on 22/9/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
How to not get shot by the police:

1. Keep your hands where they can see them at all times.
2. DO what the officers tell you
3. Be polite
4. DON'T make any sudden movements that can be interpreted as going for a weapon.

Is all of that really too hard?

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

As if you have said anything worthwhile.

Fine by me, I will keep on keeping on.

ETA: I made one point earlier in the thread and you said you agreed.

Also, there is a very good point in my last post. Why ask a member of ATS why Clinton said what she said. What was wrong with pointing out how dumb that request was?

edit on 22-9-2016 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok
How to not get shot by the police:

1. Keep your hands where they can see them at all times.
2. DO what the officers tell you
3. Be polite
4. DON'T make any sudden movements that can be interpreted as going for a weapon.

Is all of that really too hard?

Indeed, and also act the same way regardless of the colour of the police officers skin.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

They all do it.

But we haven't singled out just this one instance of her pandering.

1. She adopts dialects when it suits her

2. She claims to carry hot sauce everywhere

3. She calls half the country deplorables who are irredeemable when speaking to her eltiist buddies

There are others, but all these things have been calld out and more, so I think this board has been pretty spot-on in calling out her pandering. She has not been "singled out" for this one instance.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join