It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Clinton says she can maybe 'talk to white people' about police shootings.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:
(post by extremedeath removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Maybe she should offer to talk to gingers about why they have no souls.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

You shouldn't get tired of trying, Puppylove ... I've noticed a shift in your posts recently (and it's my error if it's always what you were saying.)

Race is certainly a social construct. But those words don't mean that much to most people, because it smacks of intellectualism and academics ... which many have been taught to distrust.

But of course it is. You don't' see "races" at the genetic level which is how we are all constituted basically. We can see genomic differences shared by different haplogroups, but if anything, if we were primarily approaching the world from a rational point-of-view, we'd see that as demonstrating how in a very real, scientific, concrete sense, all humans are basically related to each other.

So no, your position and your very eloquent defense of it is not lost. And yes, the issue could be resolved, everywhere, immediately today if EVERYONE would stop buying into the cultural illusion/delusion of race.

You can see that it's not happening yet though. Too much to "win" by focusing on race.

I absolutely agree with you. It's not important that a Black man was shot yesterday by a Black officer; that doesn't make anything better or worse, what matters is that a man was killed by another man representing our code of law in what may be (yet to be proven) illegitimate circumstances. No, it's not really a matter of race ... it's a matter of the disparity of power.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Oh, disparity of power ...

Well, without a disparity of power existing to some degree, how do you suggest that laws be enforced?

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Absolutely.
It's crazy for Hillary to have suggested talking to white people is the answer to the problem. Makes no sense.

One hopes she can tone down her use of racial politics over the next few weeks. I will beeline it when I see it though.
edit on 21/9/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I tend to find myself in the middle between two sides. If I didn't take holding Hillary responsible for her actions and protecting the rule of law seriously, I'd probably be arguing more against both Trump and Hillary rather than focusing as much as I do on Hillary. Honestly I feel sick a lot of the time on here. I see issues like I see here in this thread with both people. I don't like Hillary or Trump I see them as both equally the problem with one exception, with Hillary there's the added aspect of she has already held an important position in our government, and has violated her oaths and our national security. I see a criminal being protected by the same corrupt legal system who's allowed for the very same crimes we're discussing that allows corrupt cops to get off the hook. I know many disagree with this, but I think it has more to do with lesser evil politics than actually believing she did no wrong. I think if people really look at the evidence it's clear as day.

I was completely all in willing to give the system a chance and vote for Bernie Sanders, I voted for Obama his first term. After Bernie "lost" I wanted to vote for Stein even if I didn't agree with many of her race based politics. Like what we're discussing here. Honestly I'm tired of defending Trump to help hold Hillary accountable. I feel two faced and hypocritical, but the law seems to be broken and I can't abide that. Which leaves it up to we the people to hold Hillary accountable since the law has chosen to apply a double standard... Then again maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised. We'll see what congress does, they do seem focused.

For me it's not about left or right, it's not about Trump vs. Hillary, it's about equal application of the law and protecting our national security. If I could find a way to hold Hillary accountable and remove Trump as a viable candidate as well I would in a heart beat. I don't buy into it being right wing propaganda, I can look at the evidence and determine for myself she is guilty.

I've watched as corruption has torn this country apart, pit people against people to divide us and conquer us, subverted the rule of law for their own purposes, I watch as people with no soul take up the mantel of leadership, giving us only the options of how best we'd like to be served up for lunch. I see in Trump and Hillary a part of this corrupting force. I wish I could call out both, but it's not about Trump and Hillary it's about the rule of law. Maybe I'm a bit desperate, and maybe I'm wrong in my beliefs, but it's how I feel. I do know that neither Hillary nor Trump are good people. I would say few truly fall under the definition of deplorable. Not really, but Hillary and Trump certainly do. As do all those directly involved undermining our legal system.

While I consider Hillary deplorable, I consider her no less deplorable than Trump. My fight isn't even directly with her, she's just become the symbol of the corruption and subverted law that threatens us all. She is the blatant example of how far we've fallen.

I'm sure many will come on here, I could even name names, who will say I'm wrong, that she's completely innocent and where she truly guilty she'd have been prosecuted to the full extent of the law. That's fine people are welcome to their opinions, but such faith in a law which has been exposed as corrupt time and time again is not something I can do, not when the evidence is so clear to me.

I'm tired of fighting these battles. Of fighting against the people who should be my allies. I'm tired of the hatred and vitriol we throw each others way. I'm not even sure why I care so damn much. If I didn't things would be so much easier. But I do. I'm sick of watching how such a small minority of the world's population consistently work to manipulate us for their benefit, and do so successfully each and every time. It's becoming like a record on repeat. Every time I see signs that we're waking up, it all falls to apart and that glimmer of hope is lost.

I think... I think I'm taking a break from all this, it's bringing me back down into a dark place I thought I was beginning to escape from. I'm not leaving this site, but I'm done with politics. I can only pray and hope that people find their way, that we can take the reigns of power from the few who seek to use us all.

Whether you're on the left, right or somewhere in-between, I implore you all before I go, WAKE UP!!!!

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Black cop, black police chief, black suspect = white devil?

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

What I see is an increasing number of people at all levels in all walks of life who have an increasing disdain for both the rule of law and for authority.

There is a point in your life, usually very young, when you start learning to respect others and the concepts of rules and boundaries and eventually how and why we have those and what they mean for maintaining a polite and orderly society.

And when you have people who have not learned these concepts or have no respect for them by the time they are adults, they will eventually clash with the police or other officials who are tasked with enforcing the rule of law. Sometimes, you see what we see in this incident.

And when the disdain for the law and those who are tasked with enforcing it erodes society wide, we see the kinds of systemic reaction we have now. No one stops to think that a lack of respect precipitates this, or if they do, they attribute all of the lack of respect to the officials who enforce the law without thinking the others might also have shown their own disrespect and helped put themselves in their predicament.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: UKTruth

Firstly, it is not just white people who are against BLM and it's not just white people who recognize that police shootings of African Americans is not the major issue the African American community faces.

Secondly, It's not just black people who support BLM's position on police violence and their proposals for change.

BLM is not the real issue here. I used the "all lives matter/black lives matter" as an example of how we purposfully attemt to distract attention from their grievances.

Of course it's not all white people or black people on one side of the issue, but in general it appears that white people are the one's deflecting and distracting on the issue.

So how does talking to white people help?

It helps them understand that a discussion needs to take place, nationally and locally, and it's time to quit closing our eyes and ears to a very important issue.

I think it is dangerous to generalize...

Here is the kind of response that is needed by all. Honest, balanced and non divisive.

When people start following Donald Trump's lead on this then real dialogue can begin. At the moment we have both 'sides' firing monologues at each other and Clinton is guilty of dividing the issue by race. I have little doubt that the vast majority of white people are appalled at what happened in Tulsa and other situations like it, just like Trump.

Wow, you seriously are delusional. Are you watching a different video.

Please tell me how Trump wasn't doing the exact same pandering and mumbling over the event that all politicians do?

You really are desperate to find some positives if you think that's an honest, balanced and non divisive.

Maybe you should stick to the country you live in and stop making assumptions on things you clearly know nothing about.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: imitator

Whilst pandering to a black interviewer, Hillary Clinton says she is going to tackle shootings of black people by law enforcement by speaking to 'white people'.

So wrong on many levels.

Lets not forget Hillary can also talk to Eleanor Roosevelt.... not just white people.

So wrong on many levels.

They are quite the pair, I hear.

I haven't heard a word about her "speaking to white people", even on Fox news.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Whilst pandering to a black interviewer, Hillary Clinton says she is going to tackle shootings of black people by law enforcement by speaking to 'white people'.

So wrong on many levels.

Lets not forget Hillary can also talk to Eleanor Roosevelt.... not just white people.

So wrong on many levels.

The memes are coming out now, ATS really has hit the bottom in terms of intelligent discussions.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: SudoNim

So wrong on many levels.

So wrong on many levels.

The memes are coming out now, ATS really has hit the bottom in terms of intelligent discussions.

Meh, I made the months ago.

Seriously tho, I haven't heard this mentioned yet anywhere but here.

I heard it with my own ears too.

Hannity should be all over it tomorrow.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Why does she need to be president to talk to white people? I'm confident all the major news outlets would give her unlimited air time to talk to white people today. If for some odd reason this talk only works with President Cred, I do believe President Obama has been very willing to stump for her; I'm also very confident he would be willing to stand with her when she has this talk with white people.

The streets are burning right now! ... this can't wait for January to role around. She needs to talk to white people right now and start putting an end to this madness.

Why is she waiting? It would be unscrupulous for her to hold off on this talk just to win an election. We must all demand better from the people who we have lead us. She must have this talk tonight!
edit on 22-9-2016 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   

So wrong on many levels.

The true beauty of this idea is that, even if Hillary somehow managed to organise a meeting of all "white people" to speak to them, the BLM dipsticks would then label it a "white rally" and cry racism...

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: SudoNim

So wrong on many levels.

So wrong on many levels.

Meh, I made the months ago.

Seriously tho, I haven't heard this mentioned yet anywhere but here.

I heard it with my own ears too.

Hannity should be all over it tomorrow.

If Hillary ever does a press conference with real questions, perhaps she should say what she meant.
Maybe she could do an interview with Hannity - like Trump does interviews with bias pundits... won't hold my breath though.

edit on 22/9/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
Why does she need to be president to talk to white people? I'm confident all the major news outlets would give her unlimited air time to talk to white people today. If for some odd reason this talk only works with President Cred, I do believe President Obama has been very willing to stump for her; I'm also very confident he would be willing to stand with her when she has this talk with white people.

The streets are burning right now! ... this can't wait for January to role around. She needs to talk to white people right now and start putting an end to this madness.

Why is she waiting? It would be unscrupulous for her to hold off on this talk just to win an election. We must all demand better from the people who we have lead us. She must have this talk tonight!

She could start by naming the white people she is going to talk to in order to sort out the riots in NC.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   

makes me laugh that she said "if she gets elected" - becasue your lives dont care otherwise.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: lSkrewloosel

makes me laugh that she said "if she gets elected" - becasue your lives dont care otherwise.

Yeah, similar to the Clinton Foundation - they'll continue with corruption unless she gets elected (at which point they will likely continue but just do a better job of hiding it)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
So what is she trying to say, it is white peoples fault?

White people get shot too.

She should talk to black people about that, maybe.

In fact...more white people get shot. The last number I saw was only 24% of police shootings are related to black people. Which once you consider the percentage of the populous, the higher amount of black vs white crime (percentage wise) and the amount of police calls into areas with a higher percentage of black people...that number is pretty much average and correct.

In other words...it is exactly in proportion to everyone else.
edit on 9/22/2016 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
So what is she trying to say, it is white peoples fault?

White people get shot too.

She should talk to black people about that, maybe.

In fact...more white people get shot. The last number I saw was only 24% of police shootings are related to black people. Which once you consider the percentage of the populous, the higher amount of black vs white crime (percentage wise) and the amount of police calls into areas with a higher percentage of black people...that number is pretty much average and correct.

In other words...it is exactly in proportion to everyone else.

Police shootings are actually skewed towards white people when you consider crime rates and population by race.
There are mistakes made, of course, but there is no racial bias in the numbers at least.

On the day that Keith Scott was shot and killed in NC, 3 white males were also shot and killed by police in 3 separate instances:
Sandy Duke, 43 years old, Tennessee
Joshua Scott, 22, Florida
Charles Dove, 35, Tennesee
On this day there were also 2 other fatal shootings by police, where the victims race has not been released. 1 in Colorado and another in Connecticut.

The day before there were 2 people shot and killed by the police. Both were white:
Michelle Miller, 46 years old, Texas
Jeremy Swensen, 30, Utah

None of these deaths were hyped by the media.

edit on 22/9/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join