It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tulsa police release video of deadly officer-involved shooting

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
Why do 4 cars respond to a stalled car, sirens blaring and speeding, along with a chopper? makes no sense

Good point! That really doesn't make sense!

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: imsoconfused

originally posted by: sirlancelot

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: sirlancelot

And there is videos where they don't do that.
The perp should have listened yes, but getting shoot needs not to be the outcome of not listening.

Point is getting shot (from what I saw should not have happened) would not have happened had he listened.

Geez what is so hard to understand about this concept. Like it not if a cop ask you to do something (assuming your rights are not being violated) then just do it be proud and defiant and challenge said cop and things like getting shot can be more likely to happen!

BTW I already stated the cop shot pre maturely based on the video I saw.

Keep toeing the line. This was a bad shoot. Tulsa PD has said it was a bad shoot. If the cops that did it are saying it was a bad shoot. Then iy has to be a really bad shoot.

And only a moron would blame the victim and call him a perp.

Moron

ok how about I call him a stupid victim feel better? I clearly stated the shooting took place pre maturely so I'm not sure how that is considered "toeing the line"

Lastly insinuating I'm a moron for a post I made in haste is un called for.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

if this doesnt put the blame on both sides, i dont know what does.

Put the'Blame" on both sides?? are u fking shting me?? what blame on bothsides ,Ok you don't like BLM so where the fk is the alllivesmatter crowd .. yeah that's right they don't fking exist unless in a sound bite.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   

www.kjrh.com...

Apparently the driver was acting strange according to the witnesses. Sounds like a mental illness issue. At the link there are 911 callers stating he said something about somebody blowing up and was running around.

That in no way excuses the shooting. Too many unqualified cops out there. Its a real shame!
edit on 20-9-2016 by EchoesInTime because: corrected text

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Put the'Blame" on both sides?? are u fking shting me?? what blame on bothsides ,Ok you don't like BLM so where the fk is the alllivesmatter crowd .. yeah that's right they don't fking exist unless in a sound bite.

where is BLM as i speak right now when 2.2 African American are dead (at the hands of another AA over something trivial or gang related) as i post this reply? do those lives not matter unless its a white cop who pulls the trigger?
ask yourself that.

BLM chants and encourages violence, the police are quick to shoot AA because of potential violence toward them by AA, circular argument... yes both side exacerbate this sh!te this country is facing. slow your horses and look at things objectively.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime

www.kjrh.com...

Apparently the driver was acting strange according to the witnesses. Sounds like a mental illness issue. At the link there are 911 callers stating he said something about somebody blowing up and was running around.

That in no way excuses the shooting. Too many unqualified cops out there. Its a real shame!

He was probably pissed at his broke down car for breaking down. I have yelled at my car lots of times.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: Spider879

where is BLM as i speak right now when 2.2 African American are dead (at the hands of another AA over something trivial or gang related) as i post this reply? do those lives not matter unless its a white cop who pulls the trigger?
ask yourself that.

BLM chants and encourages violence, the police are quick to shoot AA because of potential violence toward them by AA, circular argument... yes both side exacerbate this sh!te this country is facing. slow your horses and look at things objectively.

Oh Fking STOP IT! STOP IT !Right Now!! stop deflecting , that bitch shot that man and her husband and fellow cop on the scene said he looked like he is on something?? that damn race soldier shot that man for what?? and your type have the nerve to take issue with Kaepernick for sitting down or taking a knee or Beyonce for her performance for exposing the bull sht that goes on.
edit on 20-9-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: imsoconfused

originally posted by: sirlancelot

originally posted by: Sremmos80

And there is videos where they don't do that.
The perp should have listened yes, but getting shoot needs not to be the outcome of not listening.

Point is getting shot (from what I saw should not have happened) would not have happened had he listened.

Geez what is so hard to understand about this concept. Like it not if a cop ask you to do something (assuming your rights are not being violated) then just do it be proud and defiant and challenge said cop and things like getting shot can be more likely to happen!

BTW I already stated the cop shot pre maturely based on the video I saw.

Keep toeing the line. This was a bad shoot. Tulsa PD has said it was a bad shoot. If the cops that did it are saying it was a bad shoot. Then iy has to be a really bad shoot.

And only a moron would blame the victim and call him a perp.

Moron

Exactly.

ANYONE defending this is a moron. Plain and simple.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
maybe the man WAS responding to officers instructions? you know? "put your hands on your vehicle and spread your legs!"? or, "wher'es your licence, registration and proof of insurance!"?

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22
15 years ago, i went down to gt my brother in law's pick up truck from the airport parking. 5 minutes later, on the freeway, center lane, the truck died on me. could not get it started at all. turned out a wire had come loose and grounded out the engine. so yes, vehicles DO IN FACT stall in middle of roads!

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
I'm still waiting on the video showing a black doctor being shot while fully cooperating with police...

There is a commonality in all these videos and it isn't race. It is either fighting back, not following instructions, etc. I don't believe cops can do no wrong, but nearly 100% of these cases could be prevented by simply doing what you are told.

But here's the issue. Is deadly force justified for not following instructions? Is it really comply or die? Were you aware that Mr. Crutcher was tasered seconds before being shot? I didn't hear any sound in that video, of officers instructions, who knows what he was being told to do?

Video recorded by a police helicopter and a patrol car’s dashboard camera shows Mr. Crutcher raising his hands, walking toward a car and leaning against it. He was then Tasered by one officer, Tyler Turnbough, and fatally shot by Officer Shelby, the department said, though the view from both cameras is obstructed in the moments before those actions.

[SNIP]

According to that video, when the second police car arrived, Mr. Crutcher had his hands raised and was walking away from Officer Shelby, who walked behind him with her gun pointed at his back. She was soon joined by three more officers. Mr. Crutcher was shot less than 30 seconds after the second car arrived.

The helicopter video shows the same scene from above. “He’s got his hands up there for her now,” one officer aboard the helicopter can be heard saying. “This guy is still walking and following commands.”

According to that video, when the second police car arrived, Mr. Crutcher had his hands raised and was walking away from Officer Shelby, who walked behind him with her gun pointed at his back. She was soon joined by three more officers. Mr. Crutcher was shot less than 30 seconds after the second car arrived.

The helicopter video shows the same scene from above. “He’s got his hands up there for her now,” one officer aboard the helicopter can be heard saying. “This guy is still walking and following commands.”

“Time for a Taser, I think,” a second officer in the helicopter can be heard saying.

“I got a feeling that’s about to happen,” said the first officer, identifed by Mr. Wood as Officer Shelby’s husband, Dave Shelby.

“That looks like a bad dude, too,” the second officer said. Mr. Crutcher was shot moments later, and the helicopter camera captured footage of him sprawled on the pavement, his shirt stained with blood. A woman’s voice can be heard yelling over the radio, “Shots fired!”

www.nytimes.com...

Realistically, there wasn't even time to see if the taser was effective before shots were fired.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: blackthorne

Seriously?

When there are multiple officers with guns drawn on you, they are not asking for your ID and insurance papers at that point--that will come later, if necessary.

My question is, what did the witnesses in the cars stopped on the road have to say? The one in the front facing the SUV's front would have seen exactly what the victim was doing at the time of tazer deployment and then the fatal shot.

See, this is the problem--although I think that this shooting stinks to high heaven, I know enough to know that we do not have all of the information so far, and so the people shouting with finality on either side of the discussion are letting their ignorance (and, often, their ideology) show, and that does nothing constructive to these types of situations.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Sorry just to clarify,

the claim he was about to get back into his BROKEN DOWN car correct?

The police had no information or clue the car was broken?

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux

originally posted by: Edumakated
I'm still waiting on the video showing a black doctor being shot while fully cooperating with police...

There is a commonality in all these videos and it isn't race. It is either fighting back, not following instructions, etc. I don't believe cops can do no wrong, but nearly 100% of these cases could be prevented by simply doing what you are told.

But here's the issue. Is deadly force justified for not following instructions? Is it really comply or die? Were you aware that Mr. Crutcher was tasered seconds before being shot? I didn't hear any sound in that video, of officers instructions, who knows what he was being told to do?

Video recorded by a police helicopter and a patrol car’s dashboard camera shows Mr. Crutcher raising his hands, walking toward a car and leaning against it. He was then Tasered by one officer, Tyler Turnbough, and fatally shot by Officer Shelby, the department said, though the view from both cameras is obstructed in the moments before those actions.

[SNIP]

“Time for a Taser, I think,” a second officer in the helicopter can be heard saying.

“I got a feeling that’s about to happen,” said the first officer, identifed by Mr. Wood as Officer Shelby’s husband, Dave Shelby.

“That looks like a bad dude, too,” the second officer said. Mr. Crutcher was shot moments later, and the helicopter camera captured footage of him sprawled on the pavement, his shirt stained with blood. A woman’s voice can be heard yelling over the radio, “Shots fired!”

www.nytimes.com...

Realistically, there wasn't even time to see if the taser was effective before shots were fired.

I don't understand why this concept is so phreaking hard for people to understand. If you do not follow the officer's instructions, you create a volatile situation that could end up with you getting shot. The officer does not know you from a serial killer. When you start backing away to your car after being repeatedly told not to and then reaching in the car like you may be getting a weapon, then you cannot act surprised if your ass gets shot.

Cops are not going to wait for you to shoot first. They are looking for signs and if you are giving off that vibe by not following instructions and acting in a manner similar to situations where you may be armed, then you cannot blame anyone but yourself.

I feel sorry for the guy, but he absolutely brought it on himself. The video is clear as day. Who the F walks away from armed cops like that?

You may luck out and get a cop who doesn't shoot or you may not. But at the end of the day, it it the guys fault he got shot.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Who the F walks away from armed cops like that?

ANYONE who is not being detained and/or did anything illegal.

Since when is breaking down illegal?

Remember that the video was released by the Tulsa PD. Meaning.....had he done ANYTHING illegal and worth being murdered, they'd have shown it.

edit on 20-9-2016 by FaunaOrFlora because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Why haven't they released the un edited helicopter video?

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
a reply to: roadgravel

The man was making a slow break for his vehicle, anybody can see that. Why do some people believe that they do not have to comply to a police officer's commands especially when they are literally under the gun? Where had he been at the scene before he was making his way to his vehicle, bent over the hood of the cop vehicle probably. He was a big man, did he force himself free from being held at the police car about 50 feet or so away?

A tazer would have be advisable, but the guy was repeatedly warned and eventually was about three seconds from getting into his vehicle and driving away. The last thing that a cop wants is a unnecessary high-speed chase endangering many people, perp, officers and members of the public. Yes, it was a senseless shooting but the blame falls entirely on the victim.

Facts of the matter, he was not shot in cold blood, he was attempting to escape.

So now police can kill you for something you haven't even done yet?

How the heck do you "know" he was about 3 seconds from getting into his car and making a break for it. Please explain that one. Nothing in that video would make a normal person think he was "3 seconds from getting into his vehicle to make a break for it". The door wasn't even opened at all.

If 4 police officers can't control one person, they should quit being a police officer. No reason at all to shoot an unarmed person because they failed to lick your boots.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Echo007

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
You don't shoot someone for not following orders. Well, these criminal cops do but you're not supposed to shoot unless you clearly feel your life is in danger.

There's many other instances where a cop has a right to shoot, a gang member waving/pointing/reach for a gun.

But this? A guy with a broken down car just standing there??? WTF. Even if he was going to get back into his car(which was broken down) you don't shoot. It's not a direct threat.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I don't understand why this concept is so phreaking hard for people to understand. If you do not follow the officer's instructions, you create a volatile situation that could end up with you getting shot.

What's so hard to phreakin understand? He had his hands up and was following orders, according to the helicopter witnesses.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join