It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What to do when "conspiracies" don't cut it anymore

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I first stumbled across ATS after I recieved a text message from the future. A user of this site seemed to have exactly the same experience around the same time.

I enjoyed reading the threads and discovering new conspiracies and paranormal happenings, never needing to join in. Eventually, a crazed gunman situation close to home prompted me to insert myself into the discussion. My favourite threads were those about impending Yellowstone doom, and MH370. MH370, now that's still a mystery, but Yellowstone hasn't erupted and other conspiracies seem sillier and sillier the more I read about them.

For some, it seems the world is approaching doom at a record pace, but my life just gets simpler. I work, I garden, I save my money, and exactly none of the world politicos or NWO plans affect me in the least. The biggest threats to my current situation are a natural gas extraction racket that is being attempted in my town; and my insane neighbours who are soon to be evicted after a town council meeting about their recent involvement in a dog attack. Neither of these things were or could be affected by an online forum, only real world action.

In short, ATS has made me a conspiracy theory skeptic, only making me question the notions of doom and realizing they rarely come to pass. So how do I enjoy the site now? Has this been anyone else's experience? I still enjoy the paranormal threads; but often, they seem so made up that I can't get into them. I believe as a fiction writer by trade, I often recognize the tropes used by other writers to try to grab the attention of readers. I always enjoyed UFO discussions, but again, after years of nothing, it all seems made up now.

BigFoot is still my dream conspiracy theory that I hope turns out to be true someday, but I could never suspend disbelief enough to believe any of the YouTube videos or Melba Ketchum DNA scandals, so I never talk about it anymore. The only reason I still believe in this cryptid is because, years ago, I saw a cougar. I reported it to a Department of Natural Resources officer, who, like myself, was worried it could have escaped from a local wildlife reserve. Another woman in the area reported her horse being mauled the night before. After it was clear that it wasn't an escaped animal, the DNR officer informed me that, according to the scientists in charge, the Eastern Cougar is extinct and it couldn't have been what I saw. We kept the conversation going, and he admitted that he was pretty confident there were a few Cougars left, as even some DNR personnel had glimpsed one.
Who knows what's in the unexplored woods of the world. As a lover of mystery, I cling to this.

I used to feel so awake...but now I just feel like it's all BS. Of course, some conspiracies are real, this is a fact, but after you stopped believing in most of them...what grabbed your attention? Mysteries are my bread and butter (literally), so where do I go from here. It can't be all heirloom tomatoes and parenting from here on out.

It's Monday, I'm so frickin' pregnant, and I need some inspiration!

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

You can always make up a conspiracy theory. Much like the "Mandela Effect" is made up to fill the "it's not my memory!" gap.
edit on 1992016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Hahaha. In my old timeline I was a millionaire!

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

Hahaha. In my old timeline I was a millionaire!

You and me both.

I miss my millions

edit on 1992016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
You could always start knitting

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Maybe you can talk about politics since that does not seem to be getting much play as of late.

Be a trend setter!!!!!

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I just thought of something you could do!

Make a thread bashing those evil Freemasons. We all know they're icky and do weird stuff and "like hats". I mean seriously?! Who likes hats?

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79
I mean seriously?! Who likes hats?

Gangsters?

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I hear Freemasons aren't all that powerful and the only things they decide on at their meetings in if they're going to have ham sandwiches or tuna sandwiches.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

It's ham and cheese smart ass.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Are you sure they actually like them or were/are they forced to wear them?

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Forced. That's why they get so angry and Tommy Gun people.

link   

I never knew they had so much power!

(Sandwich filling is a huge deal in my house)

link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Oh, yes. They also get the cheese from the moon, which they persuaded NASA to fake a landing on and portray as not-delicious stone and dust. They also faked Fukushima so they could keep more delicious tuna for themselves. The Freemason influence is strong.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Forced. That's why they get so angry and Tommy Gun people.

Maybe that's why they helped with the prohibition? They had to drink themselves silly to wear the hats.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Oh, yes. They also get the cheese from the moon, which they persuaded NASA to fake a landing on and portray as not-delicious stone and dust. They also faked Fukushima so they could keep more delicious tuna for themselves. The Freemason influence is strong.

Jesus, you figured it all out. Shut off the internet.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Maybe that's why they helped with the prohibition? They had to drink themselves silly to wear the hats.

I can personally attest to the fact that when I am wearing one of my hats I am usually inebriated.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Jesus, you figured it all out. Shut off the internet.

Aren't you doing that through the UNs (which we all know is really controlled by Freemasons) control of DNS anyway?

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

No comment.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I can personally attest to the fact that when I am wearing one of my hats I am usually inebriated.

That post just confirmed the illuminati for me!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join