It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Long Until ATS and Sites of the Like are Outlawed in the U.S.?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I posted this in Skunk Works because of the nature of the topic. It is, to some, a hypothetical, but to me, I see it as inevitable.

How long until the all powerful G0vernment decides that enough is enough and places like this are just too much of a risk for them to allow?

Perhaps they will try to give the illusion that ATS and similar sites are still places where people can discuss those topics, but there will amost assuredly be more scrutiny and censorship than we see today - that's not the ATS I know and love. But I see it looming on the horizon.

I know there is also some benefit for ABC agencies to monitor places like ATS, so that could be a motivation to not pass laws that would ban such sites.

But with technology today, I have a feeling those entities have all the information they could possibly need to still monitor people who fall into the "questionable" category just fine.

In the title (and in my mind), I am thinking of this from the perspective of a U.S. citizen, but I'm sure it applies to a lot of nations. I did see a thread where a member stating that ATS would be banned in Australia, so I know this topic has come up. But I wanted to start this discussion, especially in light of all of the recent crazy events we've been seeing in the U.S.

If it ever happens, I will remember you all.

Thanks everyone.

-FC
edit on 19-9-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
soon

depending on who gets elected

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

It'll never happen.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

I don't think it matters who gets elected, but I do agree. The clock is ticking..

edit on 19-9-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

I did see a thread where a member stating that ATS would be banned in Australia

Do you have a link for that . As an Aussie i really cant see the government giving a crap about ATS . Now the US land of the paranoid is a totally different beast .

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

I posted this in Skunk Works because of the nature of the topic. It is, to some, a hypothetical, but to me, I see it as inevitable.

How long until the all powerful G0vernment decides that enough is enough and places like this are just too much of a risk for them to allow?

Perhaps they will try to give the illusion that ATS and similar sites are still places where people can discuss those topics, but there will amost assuredly be more scrutiny and censorship than we see today - that's not the ATS I know and love. But I see it looming on the horizon.

I know there is also some benefit for ABC agencies to monitor places like ATS, so that could be a motivation to not pass laws that would ban such sites.

But with technology today, I have a feeling those entities have all the information they could possibly need to still monitor people who fall into the "questionable" category just fine.

In the title (and in my mind), I am thinking of this from the perspective of a U.S. citizen, but I'm sure it applies to a lot of nations. I did see a thread where a member stating that ATS would be banned in Australia, so I know this topic has come up. But I wanted to start this discussion, especially in light of all of the recent crazy events we've been seeing in the U.S.

Thanks everyone.

-FC

The censorship and banning will come under the guise of protecting the public or some other regulation (regulations to ensure net neutrality or fairness doctrine). TPTB will never say outright they are banning thought, but they will make it difficult to exercise that thought with others.

This is why the left is so dangerous. They hide their totalitarianism / authoritarianism under saving the children, protecting the environment, equality, and other harmless sounding soundbites and memes. Their sheeple followers can never see the true long term effects of the ideology until it is too late.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   

They won't abolish the sites and martyr them. The will take
them over and control what comes out. Members will be banned
and probably arrested if their history here is found to be," Enlightened"
shall we say.

We will be set up.
edit on Ram91916v33201600000046 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
No body outside ATS cares about ATS or what is being discussed..

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Might as well post while we still can, thanks. Bumped.
I believe since it became legal for the MSM and the
government to lie to us: and saturate the Web with
whatever they want, the full and repulsive crankdown
could be put off for awhile.

But I believe also that when the genuinely dangerous
information about the big boys starts exposing THEM,
they'll tug the plug and kick off the revolution that is
already assured will be crushed... maybe just with
indisputable lies afterward.

If the war for humanity is to successfully imbed help-
lessness and dependency, it's almost over.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

It depends on how much of a fight SO is prepared to put up to guarantee its continuation, in the event of government crackdowns and such I guess.

After all, migrating servers to a place not under US legislation would enable continued use.

The question is though, do you really think that ATS, a site which absolutely does not condone illegal activities is under threat? I don't think so really.

This truly is NOT a hotbed of subversive activity in any way, this is a playground politically speaking.

Great posters on great non-msm stories but dangerous?

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
No body outside ATS cares about ATS or what is being discussed..

And the MSM never mocks CT either. What planet are you on?

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Why would it be banned? Do you think that there is something that should be investigated on here?

If someone posts a direct incitement to hate, attack or kill an individual or group of individuals (as strangely enough, has been posted today), but more crucially that incitement is directly attributable to such an attack taking place, then ATS or any other forum would have some questions to answer.

If a poster posted something that could be used in a court of law to have been libelous then precedents have shown that would have a repercussion, but the person being libeled would most likely only take action if they felt that the court was likely to find in their favour and that the effort to proceed was outweighed by either the injury to their reputation if they did not, or the reward for pursuing made it worthwhile. Not particularly sure that is the case with most claims on ATS, but I wouldn't know.

What are you left with? A lot of areas where there are some really welcoming people willing to share their experience and knowledge with others, and other areas where people dredge up any old rubbish (mainly in the political forums) that supports and validates their own prejudice - wouldn't the sites such posters link to that supply such rubbish be more likely to be banned if anything? In those forums all you have is a gang of people agreeing with the rubbish (which could be from any political persuasion) and sometimes a gang of people arguing against it.

What's to ban? You assume because people link to sites such as before it's news or others of a similar ilk that people on ATS are more 'awake' and therefore of danger to those mysterious powers that apparently be?

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I have thought the same thing for a long time and so far it hasn't happened.

I expected Jeff Rence and Alex Jones to be shut down a decade ago, but there now bigger than ever???

How can the elite control us with a free and open internet?

Are the elite controlling us with the internet?

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

I don't see it happening, at least not taken down.

What I see happening is everything stays up for the illusion of freedom, but for those who speak out, the Gestapo doctors up some fake crimes for ya and they put you away. My bad, I meant to say NSA.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

They won't abolish the sites and martyr them. The will take
them over...

Seems like an approach they likely thought of, long ago, and already did.

It would also be a great way to get us to voluntarily give up some of our favorite passwords to them, too.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
A site dedicated to undermining the MSM and official stories has no place in the future TPTB have planned for us- but they won't up and ban the place.

Instead, they'll destabilize it until it is unable to carry on, and is forced to shut down.

Then they'll ban conspiracy theories, and questioning the official story will be punishable by forced suicide.
Good luck, everyone!

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: MongolianPaellaFish

It'll never happen.

I agree. When something cannot be eliminated, the government then develops a way to control it. There are attempts to consolidate the internet into a few mega-hub outlets and to condition people to satisfy their needs using ten websites or less. Independent media and information platforms are being bought out by those in bed with Big Brother and are then allowed to continue operations under the guise of being a subsidiary of a much larger company.

ATS is not going anywhere because it plays an integral part in managing the location and feedback of those more willing to disagree with their government. Like moths to a flame, it's a place they know we'll show up to express our grievances. If ATS represents a declaration of our thoughts and possible future intentions, monitoring this place allows them to be one step ahead of us.

edit on 19-9-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

here you are my friend thread

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Seems like an approach they likely thought of, long ago, and already did.

Highly possible but speculative. And it will remain that way because all
the evidence is 100% subject to control. Those who have the power to
control will do so. So for now, they don't worry to much about it. The
plan is already in place.
edit on Ram91916v04201600000041 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: derfreebie

If the war for humanity is to successfully imbed help- lessness and dependency, it's almost over.

Damn, as alarming as that sounds, you are totally right. What a scary thought.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join