It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Long Until ATS and Sites of the Like are Outlawed in the U.S.?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
To me this is no different then the "awakened minds" that always scream the pending govt gun grab is right around the corner .

On top of that it's the nature of the Internet to make it seem like what we are talking about here has some worth great then what it really does. Do I think TAO or other equivalent govt groups actively monitor ATS, no more than they do any other piece of information that traverses the web.

Above and beyond any of that , America isnt China , North Korea or similar countries where the Govt truly controls what it's people see.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Most likely, in the near future, sites like these will only be able to operate as long as they "follow the rules".

The first hints that the sites have been "infiltrated/warned" would be closing discussion on some topics such as 9/11 and Sandy Hook for example. When conspiracies are no longer welcome to be discussed on conspiracy sites...something is afoot.

edit on 19-9-2016 by DigitalVigilante420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Even if all sites went offline, ATS would still be up "coincidentally" due to its .... connections. It is here for a reason, not just because it is allowed to be ...

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
They will never ban sites like this, these sites give the gov too much usable intel on the people.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

What connections are you talking about?

***Please tread lightly, I do not want Mods to close this thread

Even if all sites went offline, ATS would still be up "coincidentally" due to its .... connections

edit on 19-9-2016 by FamCore because: *** see my note by the asterisks

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Never mind. I won't rain on the parade.
edit on 9192016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I'm assuming when the membership reaches fifty million in the US, TPTB will take notice, that many is more than enough for 'them' to choke on.

link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
No body outside ATS cares about ATS or what is being discussed..

link   

originally posted by: opethPA

Above and beyond any of that , America isnt China , North Korea or similar countries where the Govt truly controls what it's people see.

Wow, I would shave my head if it were possible to believe that.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

In my experience ATS is moderated to stay within the law so if laws change ATS will change with them , I don't think forums will be outlawed because of freedom of speech which is central to democracy a thing America is supposed to hold dear.

Any President that tried to curtail freedom of speech in such a way would be asking for revolution.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
I did see a thread where a member stating that ATS would be banned in Australia, so I know this topic has come up.

I'm Aussie, I'm not banned

Our Aussie Govt cant get their # together enough to even hold onto a Prime Minister for more than a year, let alone be organised enough to start banning insignificant sites like ATS.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

I've enjoyed interacting with you, too, Famcore.

Like you I'd expect that in the not too distant future, places like ATS will be outlawed in the US and perhaps the rest of the world, or at least the developed world. But my guess is that rather than outlaw such sites, TPTB will outlaw the current format of ATS, or at least that will be the first step, in that they'll outlaw anonymous posting. My guess is that in the not too distant future it will be mandated that all such "comments" sites will be ordered to force members who want to post to have verified Facebook or Google accounts in order to log in and post. We've already seen that with HuffPost and other news/opinionation type sites.

You may have seen a recent post here on ATS to the effect that Google is demanding Gmail account users "verify" their accounts by providing phone numbers; Yahoo has been asking for that data as well although I've resisted. And of course the only way to have a "verified" Facebook account is to provide a phone number.

The intent of course is two fold. First it insures that only the PC accepted views are posted, thus creating PC echo chambers across the web and effectively censuring alternate views. The second is obviously to entrap the random idiots that pop up like the Jihadi's on Facebook such that they can be tracked by the NSA/FBI/CIA/ETC.

So, yea, the entire WWW is going to become something of"a highly regulated echo chamber of very narrow appeal. Actually its getting more like that every day. And it won't just be ATS! They'll shut down Alex Jones, Jeff Rense and finally, Rush Limbaugh and his ilk. Its only a matter of time.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

I agree. ATS is harmless.
No big government secrets being revealed.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

originally posted by: Mianeye
No body outside ATS cares about ATS or what is being discussed..

And the MSM never mocks CT either. What planet are you on?

99% of CT's voice is pure crap and silly speculation, so of cause they mock and laugh.

ATS today is no worse than Facebook or Youtube, it's a very very small community.

What planet are you on?

I often wonder that my self when browsing ATS... Short stories with poems, Mandela effect, Clinton, Trump, and an ocasional 9/11 thread...The Government is shaking..

edit on 19-9-2016 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Control and operation of the Internet is being handed over to an International group and it won't be subject to the whims of whatever idiot we put into the White Hut. In International circles, there's no hesitancy to curb so-called "Freedom of Speech" and as the US Supreme Court looks ever more to foreign jurisdictions for precedent, I have no doubt they'll come to adopt the International standard.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Maybe we need a 'Murica-Wide-Web where us fat, lazy, gun-crazy Americans can still exercise our freedom on the web

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: gortex

In International circles, there's no hesitancy to curb so-called "Freedom of Speech" and as the US Supreme Court looks ever more to foreign jurisdictions for precedent, I have no doubt they'll come to adopt the International standard.

Umm, Ill correct you to say SOME "international circles", not all. I am just as free to speak my mind down here in Australia as you are over there. Please don't fall into the false line of thinking that America is the only place on Earth where freedom of speech is allowed.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
while other far-right sites like stormfront keep going, this one's quite safe.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

Glad to hear it!
Enjoy it while it lasts!

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Control and operation of the Internet is being handed over to an International group and it won't be subject to the whims of whatever idiot we put into the White Hut.

So it's bad that America won't control the internet anymore , because we all trust America.
Got it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join