It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

searching for multiplayer online sites

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Hi there

I've been searching like crazy for good and easy multiplayer online games. I have friends all over different countries and we like playing games together. Unfortunately I havent been able to find any other then this one: www.gameiq.com... .
It's very easy to use, no sign up required, just picking a game, marking it private and then sending the link to a friend and the game starts
It works great, but it has only 11 strategy games. I would also love to play something like Angry Birds or Bowling or other little silly and fun games. I dont like the shoot 'em up type games and I'm also not into building villages or zoos

I've been searching so many sites and most of them require singing up, or redirecting you somewhere else.
I dont know if they have any specific name other then "multiplayer online games" so I dont know what to search for, that has that type of setup that that gameiq site has.

Any suggestions?
Thanks

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: justbe

Try Kongregate.com, has a load of browser based games check out gravitee wars and shellshock live, they're pretty fun and require some skill

They have a bunch of single player angry bird style games too, except you destroy castles and use catapults
edit on 18/9/16 by Discotech because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Steam!

Sure, you have to sign up but many of the games are free to play. It's a wonderful source of MMOs. Quite often, all of the games tend to go on sale. Not your simple 1% off jobs. Many go 50% off and better. It includes a vast majority of your popular games as well. Often times, it's far cheaper to buy a game through Steam than it is outright.

Trust me... It's a really good source for games and game information. If anything, it'll give you a really good insight of what games are out there.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
The .io games are pretty fun in short bursts.

agar.io (cell who eats other cells)
diep.io (tanks that you can level up)
slither.io (like snake but multiplayer)
splix.io
limax.io
sl4sh.io
narwhale.io
braains.io
hordes.io
basher.io
kartwars.io
voidark.io
driftin.io

I'm just gonna stop here as the .io game list goes on and on.

Realm of the Mad God is also a quick fun multiplayer game I used to play a couple years ago.

realmofthemadgod.com

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

I just bought crossout on steam it is awesome. A vehicle combat game where you build and fight each other. It is in beta but I can't get enough of this game.
A bit mad max a bit world of tanks.
Awesome.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

Oh man... You wanna talk about addiction quality PvP....

Check out Empyrion. It's 'No Man's Sky' meets Mindcraft meets Spore meets FPS meets MMO meets PVP meets PVE.

It's beautiful. It's fully playable. You couldn't even tell it was in Alpha. It goes on sale every few months down to 9$ and that's when I jumped on it.

I really get into games where I can have full control over creativity. This game lets me have total control. I can build my ships one piece at a time in any way I want, as huge as I want and pretty much in any design I can dream up. The same with my bases/houses. You can even affect the terrain, such as drill into the ground, bore a hole in a mountain if I wanted, build a base underground, under water, or whatever. It has as many different planets as the server will allow. It's 99.9% player based servers (meaning only 1 official server for testing purposes since it's in alpha). You can mine asteroids for certain resources, mine fallen meteors on planets or on moons. Various types of planets with various atmospheres with various resources and creatures. You breathe, you eat, you create, you explore and you fight!

ok, so I have a lot to say about this game
For anyone who loves to build, fly and relish in their own creations, this game is for you!

People are creating stuff from any and everywhere. Star Wars, Star Trek, Star Gate and of course their own unique stuff such as:

This is something I'm currently working on myself. It's actually Matte Black now and quite a few upgrades since I took these pics but you'll get the idea.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Will buy when I get home from work looks like my cup of tea.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

It's currently at full price on Steam which I think is 20$ but don't let that deter you.

Here is a link to the Steam site:

Empyrion

I went ahead and linked to the screenshots site. Now... I will say this. Do NOT let the simplistic screenshots push you away. Most are the creations of very simplistic designers! lol If you look through them, you'll find some real gems. Also, the workshop is a great place to find really good designs for ships and bases. There is a blueprint system in game where you can either create your own blueprints or choose them from the Workshop if you like someone else's designs better. You can use them at will. You only need to acquire the resources for them to craft them. If you see something in game that you like, you can request that the owner allows you to blueprint it and use yourself. Usually they have no problem with that unless it's a battleship. No one wants to have their destroyer blown up by their own creation! lol

No worries... There are PVP and PVE areas.

I personally play on one of the most active servers called "Beyond the Spice". It's a Dune themed server. Very friendly. Active admins who also play. Don't worry about lagging behind. It's a fresh new wipe since this concept came to light and besides you can cap your level in a few hours by mining. You can get off a starter planet in 1 day and have a decent ship to explore in. It's very easy to go from noob to nomad in no time at all!

Enjoy!

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I've been playing this text based online game for several months. I's free to join and can also be played from a mobile or smartphone as well.

Torn-City - Massively multiplayer online text based RPG

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Thanks for all the replies! I will go thru it all and check it out

I really want to play something with a friend though, a two player game, where we can log into a game from different computers and play together/against each other. Most sites I found, I can play other people but I want to play only with my friends. I logged into a few other sites but it didnt appear to give me a choice on who I play with.
The setup on gameiq is perfect, there has got to be more like that?

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I'll second this.

Steam is awesome, as StallionDuck said it has loads of free games and it always ALWAYS has games on discount, I recently picked up Civilization V for about $10 as a gift for my brother.

It has a lot of benefits too like the actual community and steam workshop which is brilliant, I mentioned civilization games... I've racked up over 1000 hours on one of those games over the years and a lot of it's down to the mods I've found in steam workshop, I can't stress enough the awesomeness of the community.

Honestly, steam is awesome and it has plenty of free-to-play games.

Edit:

Just to add, Origin is another that's similar to Steam, it has a few MMO's and occasionally gives free games away... I once got Sims 2 and all the add-ons for free so it can be worth a check.

edit on 18-9-2016 by RAY1990 because: More to add

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: digitalbluco
agar.io

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: justbe

Hey there
I suggest Pogo.com! You have the option to play as Guests, or make accounts for free and play games online with friends. Without paying you are limited as to which games you can play, but the games available are still fun. There are also ads when you don't pay, but those aren't so bothersome. Some free games are Scrabble, Mahjong, Bingo, Monopoly, Texas Hold'em... Some games are single player with chat rooms or multiplayer with chatrooms.

I"ve been playing the games on there for years, paid for the membership for a while, and now just go on every once in a while for the free games.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: oblivvious

Thank you, I will check that out

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Online video games are a tool used by the US and EU intelligence agencies to run MKULTRA neurological weapons in young people. The purpose is to create mind controlled patsies for nefarious purposes.

Most notably World of Warcraft and other MMOG are designed specifically by intelligence operatives to alter kids perception of reality into an entropic one. So they are either mind controlled through MKULTRA or manipulated into believing Peak-oil and global warming scams.

new topics

top topics

join