It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No time for Evolution?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

So? What's your point?

The theory of evolution doesn't cover how life came to be and the origins of life doesn't cover how life changes.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO
a reply to: TerryDon79

The fact you and others actually believe the 2 can be separated is quite a leap.

Good luck with that.

EXACTLY!!

He just said you MUST have life in order to have evolution. You can't separate the two!

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic

originally posted by: ParasuvO

The fact you and others actually believe the 2 can be separated is quite a leap.

Good luck with that.

EXACTLY!!

He just said you MUST have life in order to have evolution. You can't separate the two!

But an explanation of one doesn't explain the other.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Of course it does.
God (or a reasonable facsimile thereof) did it.

Easy peasy.

edit on 9/17/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Of course it does.
God did it.

Oh yeah. I forgot about that.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Yes you can...
Of course you have to have life, but that doesn't mean evolution has to explain how it got there.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

So? What's your point?

The theory of evolution doesn't cover how life came to be and the origins of life doesn't cover how life changes.

Darwinist have really turned evolution into a religion.

Of course the origins of life covers how life changes because according to you, EVOLUTION MUST have life.

That's like saying, Toyota cars needs a blueprint to be built but we don't need the blueprint in order to know how different Toyota's change over time.

It's the Origins that dictate how this change can occur. Your own statement destroys your argument!
edit on 17-9-2016 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

It's the Origins that dictate how this change can occur. Your own statement destroys your argument!

No it doesn't... do you have to know how the blue print was made to see that it has changed since?
Horrible comparison btw, just using for the sake of argument.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic

So? What's your point?

Darwinist have really turned evolution into a religion.
Darwinists is used a derogatory term for people who understand the evolutionary theory. But you keep throwing it around, it helps you look clever lol.

Of course the origins of life covers how life changes because according to you, EVOLUTION MUST have life.
Can you not read? Let's try again.

ORIGINS OF LIFE = HOW LIFE STARTED
EVOLUTION = HOW LIFE CHANGES

Better?

That's like saying, Toyota cars needs a blueprint to be built but we don't need the blueprint in order to know how different Toyota's change over time.
Nice strawman.

Actually, no. Origins just covers how LIFE STARTED. Nothing more.
edit on 1792016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Look, you're not making any sense. This is because you said, EVOLUTION MUST HAVE LIFE!

So by your own words you can't separate the Origins of Life and Evolution because it's those Origins that dictate how life can change overtime.

In the Darwinist mind, there's some imaginary made up line between the Origin of Life and Evolution that defies any common sense.

Again, your own words destroys your argument.

That's like having a garden and all of your flowers have seeds but you say the seeds don't matter, the flowers will grow any way that they want to and the seeds mean nothing as to how they can grow overtime.

Seeds for a Rose can't evolve into a Wildflower because the origins dictate how they can change overtime.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

So now you're making up your own theory of evolution?

Get back to me once it's tested an peer reviewed. Until then, origins of life doesn't explain evolution and evolution doesn't explain the origins of life.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

So now you're making up your own theory of evolution?

Get back to me once it's tested an peer reviewed. Until then, origins of life doesn't explain evolution and evolution doesn't explain the origins of life.

Again, you're not making any sense because your own words destroy your argument. You said:

EVOLUTION MUST HAVE LIFE!

That's the ballgame. By making this statement, you show that the Origins of Life can't be separated from Evolution because Evolution MUST HAVE LIFE in order to change overtime.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Yes, evolution needs life. I thought that was a no brainer. Obviously not as it needed explaining to you.

But guess what? Evolution DOESN'T explain the origins of life and the origins of life DOESN'T explain evolution.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
What was the very first thing that existed and how? How did the first atom come into existence? How did nothing become something?

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Orionx2
What was the very first thing that existed and how? How did the first atom come into existence? How did nothing become something?

None of those questions have anything to do with evolution. Evolution is about how life changes.
edit on 1792016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Evolution is about how life changed.

Changes. About how life changes. Because it does.

edit on 9/17/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

By your logic, we can't ever understand any natural phenomenon on this planet unless we understand how the Earth formed.

Just... No.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Yes, evolution needs life. I thought that was a no brainer. Obviously not as it needed explaining to you.

But guess what? Evolution DOESN'T explain the origins of life and the origins of life DOESN'T explain evolution.

LOL!

Tell me, how can the origins not explain how something changes overtime? You said, Evolution MUST have life. If I have a recipe to make chocolate cake, how can I explain how that chocolate cake changed overtime without the Origins or Recipe?

Now, all sorts of things can happen to the Chocolate Cake when it reaches the environment. It can be eaten with milk, it can get smashed but what it can't do is evolve into a Strawberry Upside Down Cake. This is because the variations that can occur is dictated by the ORIGINS or Recipe.

Again, you admit this when you say EVOLUTION MUST HAVE LIFE but then you fall into a Darwinist belief that has this imaginary line that says Origins of Life have nothing to do with Evolution when by your own admission it has everything to do with evolution.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Edited.

On my phone and it wants to change it to changed all the time lol.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

If I have a recipe to make chocolate cake, how can I explain how that chocolate cake changed overtime without the Origins or Recipe?
How does a chocolate cake change over time? Do I have to know the recipe in order to eat the cake?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join