It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No time for Evolution?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Orionx2

What do you think needs to be figured out with evolution?

I understand evolution on earth. I am not religious fyi. My issue is how did anything at all happen? How did the first particles happen?

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

How does but having those answers mean that genetic change sorted by natural selection does not explain biodiversity?
edit on 17-9-2016 by GetHyped because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I understand evolution on earth.

My issue is how did anything at all happen?

If you think the first statement has anything to do with the second then your first statement is wrong.

Sounds like you have issues with the Big Bang theory, which has nothing to do with evolution.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

originally posted by: Orionx2

originally posted by: GetHyped

We may not know every possible aspect of evolution but we have a pretty darn good understand already supported by a mountain of evidence.

The metal gymnastics being displayed by science deniers in this thread is astounding.

On Earth I agree. But how did life start here? How did life start anywhere? How did the first molecules happen?

That would come under "we don't know" with a possible "yet" at the end. There are plenty of hypotheses to explain the beginning of life though. Just pick the one you like best (even if it's Goddidit).

Big bang? I am down... but how did the very first particle happen? Before big bang before any theory, how did something come from nothing? What was the very first thing? How could it happen?

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Again, the answer would be "we don't know" with a possible "yet". If science had the answers for everything already there would be no need for experiments to find out the answers.

We don't definitely know the answer for a lot of things. That's why there's a "we don't know" with a possible "yet", answer if people don't know. It's not needed to be filled in by something else until an answer has been found.
edit on 1792016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

What was the very first thing? How could it happen?

According to the theory the first "thing" was a very great deal of energy. There is no way of determining where it was or how it got there. Because, until expansion began there was no space or time. We can see evidence of what happened after that but not before.

Somewhat likewise, there is no way of determining how life began on Earth. But we can understand how it changed over time because there is evidence of that change.

edit on 9/17/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

What was the very first thing? How could it happen?

According to the theory the first "thing" was a very great deal of energy. There is no way of determining where it was or how it got there. Because, until expansion began there was no space or time. We can see evidence of what happened after that but not before.

Somewhat likewise, there is no way of determining how life began on Earth. But we can understand how it changed over time.

Agree...But why do all humans want to destroy each other...

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Speak for yourself.
I'm a human and I don't want to destroy anyone.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Again, the answer would be "we don't know" with a possible "yet". If science had the answers for everything already there would be no need for experiments to find out the answers.

We don't definitely know the answer for a lot of things. That's why there's a "we don't know" with a possible "yet", answer if people don't know. It's not needed to be filled in by something else until an answer has been found.

Then why so we kill each other over some God... ?. Nothing make adds up.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I think you're mixing up threads. This one is to do with (apparently) evolution.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Speak for yourself.
I'm a human and I don't want to destroy anyone.

Me either but watch humanity. Over all humanity wants to destroy itself.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Over all humanity wants to destroy itself.

I disagree.
But there is no doubt that we carry vestiges of our past. Some of them do not fit in well with the world we've built.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I think you're mixing up threads. This one is to do with (apparently) evolution.

Did "god" create evolution? Why would God not be apart Iif evolution?

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

a reply to: neoholographic

Yes, evolution needs life. That's it. Evolution is about changes in life on a large scale. Not how life came into existence.

Am I saying this simple enough for you?

LOL,

How can you have changes in life without knowing the origin of life?

This makes no sense.

You said, EVOLUTION MUST HAVE LIFE.

So life magically appears on earth and then Evolution magically comes from nowhere and this evolution of life which you say EVOLUTION MUST HAVE, has nothing to do with how these changes can occur?

YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS!!
edit on 17-9-2016 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

link   

Over all humanity wants to destroy itself.

I disagree.
But there is no doubt that we carry vestiges of our past. Some of them do not fit in well with the world we've built.

Watch the news. Everyday people kill people for whatever agenda.

link   

Did "god" create evolution? Why would God not be apart Iif evolution?

There is no scientific evidence for or against a god or multiple gods existing, therefore you can't get a scientific answer to that question.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Life is the physical manifestation of organic compounds. Evolution is the adaptation of life to it's environment.

My 2 cents.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

And you don't understand how science works. That's hardly shocking coming from you.

Try picking up a book and learning the difference between origins of life and evolution.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

And you don't understand how science works. That's hardly shocking coming from you.

Try picking up a book and learning the difference between origins of life and evolution.

That's not how science works. This is simply a Darwinist belief system.

Again, you said EVOLUTION MUST HAVE LIFE!

How can you separate the Origin of Life from Evolution when you say Evolution must have life?

It's idiotic!

You can't separate Evolution from the Origin of Life just like you can't separate a trillion different Poker hands that may give you different variations from the rules and regulations of Poker put in place by the intelligence that designed the game.

All you can say is Evolution occurs. You can't claim it occurs naturally without knowing the origins of life that's changing overtime. Like you said:

EVOLUTION MUST HAVE LIFE!!!

I agree

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Everyday people kill people for whatever agenda.

Yes. That was my point.
But there are far, far more people who do not.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join