It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astral Projection - Your Experiences

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: argentus

I've heard about him and his books... Everywhere I've looked people that know of AP/OBE say that it would be a good idea to read them. It's good to hear from someone who has experienced it that they are still happy they embarked upon this journey, even though there has been some negativity...

Thanks for your reply!

-TMFT

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: TheManFromTaured

Something you said...about each of the separate practices or "disciplines". They are much the same...only particulars, practices and applications for experiencing each is slightly different.

In each case...we dont fly up and around the room or out into space...but the mind escapes the confines of the human body for that moment or experience.

Ive intentionally taken objects belonging to other people as trigger objects to visit with them elsewhere in space and time. Now..to say for positive, exactly, for sure, absolutely..that I was successful for real? Who can say? For that would be to allow for no variables in it NOT being real.

But, I do assure you. Ive have had much, verifiable success doing so. Among other ways to "travel"....

Good luck to you with yours....for there are many paths to enlightenment

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I have had a few in my time since teaching myself how to do it. My best one that I can remember is my projection to mars. I left my body and stared at it for a little bit and left my house. I looked up to the sky and saw exactly where I wanted to go and the best way I can describe it was take off and fly like Superman. I could feel the air streaming off my body, the temperature changes. I picked up amazing speed as I left the atmosphere maneuvering between all the satellites and space junk. I passed the moon and felt the slightest tug on my body as I passed it, gravitational maybe? I proceeded to my destination at an intense speed. It kept getting closer and larger and I began to slow down as I approached Mars. When I got close enough I could see phobos in the distance and to my surprise there was something orbiting Mars. I didn't know at first what it was, didn't know if it was a satellite, probe or a manned ship. I proceeded to the surface and could feel the temperature change again. It was becoming warmer and I could feel the air around me getting heavier. I landed on the surface and walked around. I could breathe. It was not as easy to breathe as here on earth but I could breathe. I would describe it as when you are at a higher altitude with less oxygen or in a really muggy area the air felt thick. I remember grabbing the soil and it didn't just fall apart. It felt wet. Like moisture was in the soil. The sky was a bluish haze and I could see clouds in the distance. It was red everywhere it was more like a brown color, the rocks were darker in color. Not at all like we are all led to believe. It was not freezing or burning up either. It felt like a northern summer, like when it is 50 degrees outside with the sun. I could see the mountain ridges and craters. Every step I took left a foot print and I felt a breeze as well. Curiousity got the best of me and I wanted to leave the planet and check out the vessel. I left just like I left earth and flew straight towards it. When I arrived it looked large enough to house people in it. I found the hatch door and went through it. I went down a short corridor or air lock and was inside. There were 2 people inside. They were busy doing who knows what, one at some computer screen and another looks like he was logging samples. I attempted to look around and see what was going on, see if I could recognize anything but I felt like something was pulling me back very fast. I can only assume my body was waking up because I remember seeing darkness and then I awoke.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: fossilera

Awesome! Thanks for sharing all of that!

I have seen some of your posts in other threads dealing with AP/OBE so I must admit I was hoping you'd reply here!

I saw the PM so I'll go over there and respond :-)

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I love the new picture! And I see what you're saying. I will keep it in mind... What you said about the trigger objects is interesting... There are so many different things about all of this that I think I have quite a lot to learn yet...

I hope to have much verifiable success as well, eventually!

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Krypton

Wow that's really cool! I've always wanted to touch the stars... I'm not 100% sure why but I have always felt like the Earth was too small... I mean, I know how big it is and that I have only personally seen a very small fraction of it, but I just have always felt like I didn't belong here I suppose... As an example, when I discovered that there were people that still believe the Earth was flat I sort of went into panic mode. I started researching it and I began thinking "What if the Earth really IS flat?!"

The thought that we were stuck under an impenetrable dome and that the moon, sun and stars were all just lights on a fixed movement pattern under that dome nearly gave me a panic attack. I don't believe the Earth is flat, the evidence doesn't really pan out in that direction, but I have been wondering if I'm the only one who feels a little claustrophobic here... It's probably just nothing...

Anyway, your experience sounds amazing! I hope to project too some day...

Thanks for you reply!!

-TMFT

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I wanted to talk with my grandmother long passed. I sat with her bible, hairpin and a plate in the dark of her old dining room, empty because the house was for sale, and I was caretaking and living in the apt. upstairs.

It works...

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Now that sounds like an intriguing tale.. My imagination is running wild!

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   

I am no longer surprised by what Ive learned and continue to learn. Its really true...one can learn to be successful at anything given intent, patience and time.

What I find a shame...is most people spend their lives trying to improve the outside...when most all answers from this life and ones before it...are found easily on the inside.

One just has to look...and practice. Acceptance is also important...to accept what one finds while traveling...it takes a bit...but worth the growth gained from it as a human being.

We have such a HUGE capacity...most people never realize....

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Yes far too many people don't do the work to make the outside look perfect while the inside is incomplete. It reminds me of how Jesus talked about the Pharisees cleaning the outside of the cup while the inside was full of negative or bad things. I realized some time ago that I cannot fix the outside unless the inside is in good condition first. I also realize now that this is a principle that spiritual teachers from many faiths and throughout history have taught. The truth is true, regardless.

I'll remember your words about acceptance as well. I'm sure there are many fantastic things to be seen while traveling, so I'm guessing acceptance is not only a good attitude to have, but necessary as well.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Acceptance is the same as rejection. Without one, the other becomes meaningless. The secret is to learn to discern which is which, what purpose it serves in a particular instance...and what is there to learn from it being one or the other?

I learn as much from negatives as I do positives...and to ACCEPT those negatives...when I understand the reason I am being presented with that interpretation.

In astral travel (and NO...not what anyone uneducated in the subject thinks...its process does not allow us to leave our bodies and fly around the room!)...it is possible to meet oneself on the other side. Off in the distance...or like a movie...and even face to face. Think about that for a moment. What would you say to yourself on the other side? Or wouldnt you say anything? You might just observe and accept.

Friend? Let me pose you something to think about. An apple seed is dark brown basically. An apple when mature may be red, green, yellow-golden..or any color between those. What do you think? Are they all an apple? The brown seed. The red one. The green one. The golden one.

Acceptance...we go through life without realizing the greater picture of what and how we see...and accept things for what they are. In the astral world...things may not be what they seem. At that point? We try to best understand what part of reality...or message it is relaying to us.

One can be easily fooled and deceived by darker forces appearing as opposites. Complete acceptance of KNOWING that as truth...can better help us deal with those we encounter on the other side. Not everything we experience is real, true, based in fact....or in our best interests. Just because we encounter something...doesnt mean we should automatically accept it for what it appears to be.

But, like the apple seed....all things come in many forms...yet can hold the same basic meaning-definition. I expect to assume everything I meet is real...but I accept the fact that not all of it is real...and to learn to tell the difference...is the way one really learns.

Sometimes a seed is just a seed...other times? The hanging fruit is an apple. But...both are still apples...just in different moments in time.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: skyblueworld

Also look up Hypnagogic Hallucinations.

You're calling a cat a dog, and using that as evidence that it is indeed a dog.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   

When I was about 20 years old, I astrally projected by accident.

I was intrigued by the idea of telekinesis, so I would often meditate while holding a visual image of my body floating above my head, to see if I could actually achieve a telekinetic state.

Well oops. I had no idea at the time, but I was doing exactly what one should do to astrally project.

So one night in an old apartment of mine, I was doing just this. I sat meditating in the lotus position determined to achieve results.

As one poster mentioned, there are definite sensations that people experience when doing this. I got dizzy, like I was moving even though I was sitting still. I became a blank slate, enveloped in darkness, while still aware to some degree of my surroundings. I started feeling a sinking/vibrating sensation that reminded me of the effects of psilocybin. That sinking feeling began to grow more intense, and I heard a sound like cellophane being crumbled, off in the distance. That sound grew louder, and as it did, I realized it was more of a sensation than a sound--highly energetic vibrations.

I became weightless and started to "lift up." There was a sound/sensation of ripping as I disconnected from my body, like a shock of static electricity that ran through me as my consciousness exited my body.

The most interesting aspect to me, at this point, was the feeling of remembrance, I was dying and some part of me remembered these sensations and attributed them to the process of dying. So, I thought I was dying.

That thought terrified me, and that was my last thought before I was completely out of my body. That lifting sensation increased until it culminated into an explosion that I felt in my head, and that explosion sent me flying out of my body. I liken this feeling, to being shot out of a cannon that was loaded with a nuclear bomb, it felt like a ton of energy had been released.

I fly through a tunnel (so cliché), there were voices chattering all over the place, and I remember hearing music, like Gregorian chanting. The tunnel sequence seems to both last an eternity, and to end as soon as it started.

I exit the tunnel to find myself simply floating in my apartment looking at my body's face.

You know of matter, and how a particle exists as both a particle and a wave? That's how I felt, like the wave part. I had no solid form, and the sensation made me uncomfortable--I wanted to be solid. So I did this thing that reminds me of wave function collapse--when a wave form collapses into a particle--I just sort of "spun" and collapsed into an astral body.

I have this new astral body, as soon as I'm in it, I feel a pulling sensation from some far off destination. The scenery around me begins to melt by me, like everything is a blending of colors rushing past me because everything is moving, even though I felt like I was standing still. Everything was moving really really fast and then just stopped abruptly.

I was outside in a field, it was getting dark. Directly in front of me, a small pinprick of light began expanding. It turned into this enormous being that engulfed my vision.

It was a reddish brown color, and it's body vibrated with golden energy flecks shooting through it.

It's presence was over powering, like it's awareness was tangible. It's face was serpent/reptile-esque, and the thing was angry.

This part is weird, it screamed, but the sound was horrid, I can't even properly describe it. It was a weapon. So I get hit with this scream, and it was like getting shot with a gun that was using the universe as ammo. It hit me so hard that I was forced back through all of that distance and into my body. I slammed back into my body hard, so hard that when my awareness realigned with my body, my body involuntary jumped up into a standing position while screaming to release some of the after affects of all of that energy.

So, that was my first time astrally projecting.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I think I understand. And that is a good way of putting it! I will have to keep this advice in mind. I think it will take some time to learn to tell the difference. I think I have to learn the meaning of "real" first!

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: LordSatan

Wow! That sounds like a crazy experience! And unforgettable. Have you projected since then? Did that experience make you more interested in it? It sounds to me like I'd be a little freaked out if I'd had your experience...

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheManFromTaured

Wow! That sounds like a crazy experience! And unforgettable. Have you projected since then? Did that experience make you more interested in it? It sounds to me like I'd be a little freaked out if I'd had your experience...

It was scary, every time I get close to projecting now, my fear holds me back.

The only other times that I have projected, have been instances when I was forced out against my will by negative entities (usually when I am already asleep).

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

That's a good one too! Reality is a state of mind. One persons' "crazy" is another's "normal".

To distinguish the subtle differences...is the real journey. Everything we see, touch, hear and do is real..just to what degree?

I have great quote from musician Frank Zappa...I'll send it to you later. It makes the explanation of what's real...perfectly clear...

MS

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I want to explore the astral plane and expand my consciousness.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

That's trippy... I've read about the negative entities to be found in the astral realm, haven't read about them pulling one out of the body before though. That seems unpleasant!

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: halo0verhorns

Me too!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join