It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astral Projection - Your Experiences

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
[I hope this is the right forum for this post]

Hello everyone! I have recently become very interested in astral projection/out of body experiences. I have found a lot of good information so far here on ATS about this and I'm thankful that I came across this site! Most of the people here seem cool and it seems like a welcoming and friendly environment for the most part.

So, the reason for this topic is that I would like for you folks to share your experiences with astral projection or out of body experiences. I have read quite a few here and in other places on the internet but I wasn't able to find a topic specifically for sharing the experiences themselves. I want to know what you saw and did and felt!

Koi Fresco has a couple of videos on YouTube where he recounts some of his experiences and after hearing him describe what happened I am all the more eager to hear about all the possibilities! Thanks in advance and I look forward to hearing your stories!!

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

The problem is that there's no evidence that those people who leave their bodies are actually going anywhere — and certainly not anywhere on Earth. One strong piece of evidence that the "travel" takes place in the mind is that those who return from out-of-body experiences can't give verifiable details or information about the places they've been or what they've seen. If real, astral travel would be incredibly useful.

There would be no need to send humans into dangerous conditions — such as the 2011 Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster in Japan — to find out what the situation is (or if a meltdown is imminent); instead, engineers should be able to simply visit the site astrally to survey the damage and report back without danger of radiation contamination.

For that matter, if consciousnesses can fly, go through walls, and circle the globe, it should have been a simple matter for astral projection teams to locate Osama bin Laden during his decade of hiding out in Pakistan, and save innocent lives (not to mention collecting the $25 million reward).

The disincarnate consciousnesses of bilingual, astral-projecting spies could easily visit top-secret facilities around the world and return with important information about everything from corporate trade secrets to military nuclear codes. If astral bodies truly can visit other planets, then there seems little need for the $2.5 billion spent on the Mars Rovers, since scientists and engineers could simply travel there in astral form during dreams and provide detailed information about the geography, soil composition, ecology, and so on.

LINK to Live Science

Also look up Hypnagogic Hallucinations.

Also check this out too LINK
edit on 9-14-2016 by skyblueworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TheManFromTaured

I have out of body experiences every time I meditate in group meditations and I have them often when I use singing bowls.

Chanting Om mani padme hum for prolonged periods of time gives me out of body experiences.

I am a very vivid dreamer, I dream of the future, the present and the past. I also have astral battles in my dreams. You know they are out of body when you wake up and the bed feels like its shaking.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: skyblueworld

Ignorance is bliss.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Darkmadness

Hmmm.. That is interesting! I don't know a lot about different types of meditation. What does om mani padme mean?

Also, what do you do during your out of body experiences?

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I've only had a few very limited number of out of body experiences where I was still within the same realm of consciousness IE senses and vision.

Usually I can feel myself sinking down into my body, then it feels like I am falling lower and lower.

The second most often experience I have is I no longer really feel the presence of my body and I feel an immense sense of pressure on my "mind".

Also, Om mani padme hum is the worlds most widely used chant and it's a chant for love and compassion.
edit on 14-9-2016 by Darkmadness because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Matter of fact I was just listening to the chant on youtube here...

I first start by getting very light headed, I even feel like I might fall over and this is just listening to the music while I'm typing.

I have a lot of meditation experience many years and life long out of body experiences so it may require a lot more work to get to that stage.

When you chant try singing, also you may want to try doing this on an empty stomach but fully hydrated for best possible results. Don't chant with the intent to OOBE but just get deep into the chant and the OOBE will naturally take effect.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Darkmadness

That's interesting. I'll have to listen to it more later.

edit on 14-9-2016 by TheManFromTaured because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I posted about my experience once here. If you'd like more details though, let me know...

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Hi! I'd be willing to hear any details that you are okay with sharing! Especially what were the things that you saw that you later learned to be true?

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I never believed in anything like out of bodies, or OBE's until it happened to me, and it scared the absolute crap out of me, until I learned a bit more about it.

Here's my thread on ATS a few years back, in regards to my OBE.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Until it is a personal experience it's very hard to understand, or process.
edit on 14-9-2016 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

My experience spans 50 years. Mostly all have been positive, insightful...while several in all that time, have been frightening.

This though is a good place to mention the strikingly similar aspects of like practices:

1. Astral Projection
2. Transcendental Meditation (transcendedly moving through time and space while in meditation)
3. Lucid Dreaming
4. O.B.E.'s (Out of body experiences)
5. Remote Viewing

All have very different definitions, but can be considered members of the same experiences...though achieved and attained by different but similar means.

This took me 50 years to ascertain their similarities.

Safe travels......MS

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Thanks for sharing that! Yours is a really interesting story. I have never heard of an OBE like that one, not that I have heard of very many... It does sound pretty freaky... Since learning more about it have you had other OBEs? Sorry if you've already gone over this, I'm using my phone so it's a little hard to go through everything...

edit on 14-9-2016 by TheManFromTaured because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheManFromTaured

Thanks for sharing that! Yours is a really interesting story. I have never heard of an OBE like that one, not that I have heard of very many... It does sound pretty freaky... Since learning more about it have you had other OBEs? Sorry if you've already gone over this, I'm using my phone so it's a little hard to go through everything...

Yes many of them, now I can actually do them with full awareness when they are happening. It's been 30 years since my first. There are a few good threads here on ATS on how to have an OBE, they are very well detailed, and go step-by-step.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
i've had hundreds of OBE's. It is easier for me to induce them if i meditate daily and really healthy.

Ill tell you one of my most memorable experiences but i have had too many to write about all of them.

So i went through the steps, to induce my trance. relaxed the body, focused on my breathing, induced the vibrations and the sound and popped out of my body.

When I opened my eyes i was in my room. I decided to walk out of my room and go outside. I saw i guy on the corner wearing a long trench coat. I went and talked to him and he offered me a pill. I took the pill with no fear and it instantly sent me into what i would describe as a D M T trip that lasted what felt like 8 hours. If your unfamiliar, A D M T trip is very hard to describe, its like being inside a computer screen saver while being connected to the 6th dimension and losing all human awareness all while feeling a massive sense of deja vu. So after what felt like spending 8 hours in that area of consciousness i snapped out of it and woke back up on the curb next to the guy in the trench coat. He looked at me and said, "what did you think" . I just shook my head and woke up in real life. I looked at the clock and even though i thought 8 hours had passed i had only been asleep for 1 hour.

Basically anything you can imagine is possible in those realms. You are the creator of your own experience. Also there are studies that have proven OBE's to be real, they are just buried by the mainstream media because there is a war on our minds. So don't let anyone tell you its only in your head, because all of life is only in your head.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I've posted my experiences elsewhere on ATS. Here is the crux of it:

I read a book by Robert Monroe. I set out to replicate his experiences, and I was sucessful. What I didn't realize is that I couldn't turn it off. This lead to awkward and negative experiences for me. For me, once I crossed that barrier, I have been -- since then -- always susceptible to OBE inflicted upon me, whether I was down for it or not.

That's not entirely true. When the phenomena that I think of as "electric dreams" happens, I have the choice of going with it, or getting up and stopping the process. I can be laying in bed and feel a thrumming that moves from my toes to my head and back again. I hear a sound that coresponds to the feeling. rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrUUUUMMMmmmmmmmmm -- that's the best I can do to describe the sound.

Since the time I first embarked upon this process, I've experienced WAY more sleep paralysis, and I personally believe both experiences are somehow linked. I think that sleep paralysis is the precursor to OBE experiences, and sometimes I flow with it, and sometimes I get up and read if I'm not into it.

I'm not sorry I embarked upon this process. Not at all. I think that if I were more evolved, I could control it more.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   

While I cannot go into too many details (else you might be reading a book instead of a post), I can give a few short details about what I've experienced as a projector.

The short version of the details on me is that I've been doing this since I was little - At the time, I used to consider them "dreams" even though they were awkward. For one, I didn't "feel" anything (it was kind of like being in a sensory deprivation tank) when these would occur (I can always feel in my dreams). Additionally, it almost felt like I became more scatter-brained (aka, it took a lot of focus to maintain awareness). Well, I finally discovered a book by Robert Monroe (the guy that created the Monroe Institute), which finally gave me some insight into what I was experiencing.

What also helped was that I was part of an online community where all the members were interested in learning how to project - Imagine a group the size of ATS (now) that was devoted to the topic, as well as any other spiritual topic you could imagine. We had all sorts of people: Engineers, psychics, researchers, teens, adults, and yes, several people that didn't believe in any of it (but, they did help us when we needed scientific experiments set up).

Now then, onto some of the experiences I have had (I can give more details outside of the thread...I'll hit the length cap).

1. I have attempted to project to a friend's house twice - both times, I caught glimpses of the room itself.

2. Several experiences involved me projecting into the same room I was already in. One of the more amazing attempts got me out of body quickly, and I used the time to practice moving with my mind rather than physical movement (I was hovering in a corner of my room, and could see myself sleeping on the bed). I actually tried to move as I would move here (take a step, and move an arm).

What was impressive was that when I moved my "arm", I saw what I looked like at the time. Imagine that you are a plastic bag filled with grey, silver, violet, and various shades of blue and purple glitter, in the outline of an arm. It was pretty, to say the least.

3. I managed to create my own scientific experiment (which I published back on the other forum a long time ago) with a method that would allow me to increase the chances of having this happen. For two weeks, I would go to bed listing to soft music on my MP3 player. Within the first week, I had a couple conscious projections, several missed attempts, and a couple lucid dreams. The next week, the number decreased (most likely because my body was tuning out the music as background noise instead of keeping my focus). Kept track of the temp, time of projections, how far into the CD I got before I forgot the music, etc. Found that for me, my chances increase if I practice about Midnight to 1:00am.

4. I have been to some interesting places - One place I called "The Park", because it had things you would find at a park (basketball courts, tennis, running trails). I remember taking a trail which led to a lake; there was some kind of a beach house up on stilts. Remember going up there, and it turned out to be a reptile house (like a nature center).

Now, to add a bit of a mystery to this: Years later, I found myself in that same park - but a lot of it was different. There were different trails, and many different people there. I took the same trail back to the beach house, and found that it had changed as well: Instead of a reptile house, there were now just a bunch of benches for people to sit on, near the windows.

5. Check your PM's for the wacky stuff.

On a side note - You should only use the books as a guideline, because the problem with the astral is that there isn't really a roadmap. I love Robert Monroe's books, but I still went and found my own path, as I didn't want all of my experiences to be like his. A technique that works great for one person will fail miserably for the next.

a reply to: argentus

Star for even mentioning Robert Monroe!

-foss

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Thanks for your reply! You have far more experience than me so I'm glad you commented here! I want to get to know more about each of the things you mentioned. The idea that we can separate from our physical selves in any way at all and that we can then explore previously unknown realms of possibility intrigues me immensely. I find myself not being able to think about much else... I guess we'll see where it takes me!

And safe travels to you as well!! :-)

-TMFT

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Yeah I've seen a couple of the other threads. They are pretty awesome :-)

Is there a place where you have written down or kept track of your experiences with astral projection/OBE over the years?

-TMFT

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

Wow that sounds awesome! I imagine that it might feel a little freaky while happening but it still sounds really cool! All of these unfolding possibilities have got me eager to continue my journey! Thank you for sharing also!

Thanks for that last bit as well. I suppose you are right...

Recently I had sort of an awakening moment where it hit me that the only things that I know are what other people have told me, be that personally or through media (internet, books, etc...). The way we experience reality (whatever that may be) is in our heads... What I'm saying is that I am trying to learn to trust myself more than the outside influences, because no one can really follow the exact same path as me and no one knows me like I do. I have to experience things for myself if I really want to know what they are about, rather than just listen to what others have to say about whatever the experiences may be... Everyone's journey is different, either slightly or vastly, and I think it's just when two journeys are too far apart that people start saying things like "it's only in your head." Next time someone says that I'm going to say to them, "Well you're only in my head too!" hahahaha

-TMFT

edit on 15-9-2016 by TheManFromTaured because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join