It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The entire Seattle Seahawks team will protest the national anthem at opening game

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nucleardoom

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: nobunaga

Exercising one's right to free speech, a right granted to us by the document that helped found this very nation, is not disrespectful to the nation itself.

Not standing in respect of the thousands who gave their lives to protect that right to free speech among many others IS disrespectful.

He can sit all he wants, it's just practice for him anyways since he'll be riding the pine this year.

Soldiers only die protecting corporate interests not freedom and liberty. Get real.

link   

originally posted by: stinkelbaum

kaeps jersey is selling #1 ... its like hands up dont shoot. i am still confused as to what exactly the purpose of disrespecting your country to protest, and what it is thats being protested.

try [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Lives_Matter#Philosophyurl] up about it, rather than believing in far right lies.

LOL Right and left. Where do you think Kapernick falls? Just FYI he thinks Hillary should be in jail.

link   

It's just as American to sit during the pledge as it is to stand.

Exercising your rights is American, whether you agree with the reasons or not.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Sitting down for protest to the flag and anthem of our country is a sign of denouncing been an American, that is my opinion, it doesn't help fix any type of problems, like social injustices, racism, corporate take over or government misconduct.

If that is the targeted topic, the flag and the anthem protest will no do a darn thing to help.

Social injustices and racism will still be on going, corporate take over will still be ongoing and government misconduct goes on everyday.

So what protesting the flag and the anthem does, is just showing that as an America you don't give two rats arses about your nations real problems.

Is not the symbols the ones hurting people but the people behind the government and those behind agendas within the private interest that invest money in the government.

People are barking at the wrong tree, or perhaps flag and anthem.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: VP740
a reply to: introvert

I have a right to free speech. I can say # Obama. I can say # Trump. And I fully support free speech; but the exercise of free speech isn't always respectful.

That's true.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Rather than engaging in this sort of controversial protest, how about donating some of their large salaries to help whatever it is they are trying to change? OR, is this just a way to get more publicity? I am NOT a sports-fan (sorry Dad), and wish these guys would try to focus on something closer to home like: Seattle Homelessness Crisis

Let's let the homeless camp out at Safeco & Century Link field and get them off the streets! (these stadiums cost approx. 1 billion dollars to build)

Don't get me wrong, I think it's OK to protest something you believe in, but I just wish that the guys with the money and influence would put the same kind of effort into other issues, too.
edit on 982016 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nucleardoom

originally posted by: imsoconfused

They are absolutely not trying to disrespect our military troops. Only the police.

When you sit there's no discrimination, what he's projecting to many people when he does this is putting more importance on his ideals/issue than that of the people who died protecting the very freedom he now enjoys.

Well then you have to listen to why he says he is protesting. I mean I am as proud to be an American as anybody and i am white but its not personal. Its about police brutality which IMO needs to be curbed.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: nobunaga

i get that . what i dont get is what message are they trying to rub off. what exactly are they protesting? police brutality?
if you wanna protest, hey go for it - obumma is right...

is it disrespectful sitting for the anthem? isnt there other ways to protest?

Doesn't matter what they are protesting.

They still have the right to do so.

And I have the right to boycott them.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
If Tyler Lockett sits, I will be disappointed. The Ceremony of Allegiance is a big deal at his alma mater K-State.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

i get that . what i dont get is what message are they trying to rub off. what exactly are they protesting? police brutality?

Its what makes this the greatest country in the world.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Go ahead! Your type of rhetoric is only going to continue to boost sales.

Colin Kaepernick Tops Jersey Sales In NFL

Colin Kaepernick Won't Keep the Money He Makes From Jersey Sales

I just bought several Seahwak jersey's to gift to my friends!

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

Go right ahead.

I don't know why people watch football to begin with.

Fun to play, boring to watch.
edit on 8-9-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

link   
So the claim is its about freedon of speech, and yet:

Anything we want to do, it’s not going to be individual. It’s going to be a team thing. That’s what the world needs to see. The world needs to see people coming together versus being individuals,” Wagner told the Seattle Times. usuncut.com...

So it's really about conformity, and it's time the world see it.

link   
a reply to: seattlerat

Sometimes it takes more than a little money to fix an issue. It takes some motivation to get the average joe involved. This kind of thing is either motivating or enraging to the average joe.

We here at ATS are always talking about how sporting events are just distractions. But now we see them becoming more than entertainment this year. Sure, its not about how 9/11 is an inside job or what kind of real crimes are being perpetrated oversees but this is a nice beginning.

I think we should pump the brakes and clap it up to see this kind of action.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Team unity against social injustice

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

I didn't see that in the article, so what "injustice" are they "protesting"?

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAmazingYeti

Soldiers only die protecting corporate interests not freedom and liberty. Get real.

Yes sir you are right. All those soldiers who died during the Revolutionary War were all fighting for corporate interests.
As well as all the WWI & WWII vets. Hitler and the Japanese weren't a threat to anybody's freedom right?
U.S. history is more than the last 50 years pick up a book and learn a little or conversely maybe those "constitutional scholar" buddies you've talked about while visiting the yacht club could clue you in.

You're as disrespectful as it gets.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Sound more like they're rallying around being lazy to me.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I didn't see that in the article, so what "injustice" are they "protesting"?

You're arguing a point and you don't even know what it is?

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Do they?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join