It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The entire Seattle Seahawks team will protest the national anthem at opening game

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
usuncut.com... hawks-roster-will-protest-national-anthem-sunda/

so i guess it has been discussed within the seattle seahawks locker room whether or not the whole team would sit during the anthem.

i really think they are missrepresenting a protest. **Kaepernick** has now created the next "ice bucket challenge"
are you man enough to sit through the national anthem?

so are just the black players going to sit? are they protesting the police? are they protesting racial inequalities? are they protesting for black lives matters?

This is getting out of hand. If i was the NFL i would require that all teams suspend the anthem before games immediately, instead only do it for the superbowl. this is just going to get worse, and more players will be criticized.
will kaep ever stand for the anthem again? cuz there isnt going to be a change because a few people decided to sit during the anthem.

kaeps jersey is selling #1 ... its like hands up dont shoot. i am still confused as to what exactly the purpose of disrespecting your country to protest, and what it is thats being protested.
edit on Thu Sep 8 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: nobunaga

Exercising one's right to free speech, a right granted to us by the document that helped found this very nation, is not disrespectful to the nation itself.

+41 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Let them sit.

Let everyone who wants to sit, sit!

I'll still stand.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Let them sit.

Let everyone who wants to sit, sit!

I'll still stand.

i agree

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
This is really gonna start to piss cops off everywhere. And they will say we will not work the games if the NFL allows it.

But the NFL is so big they could just say f the police and make there own security force federalized and all.

This could get interesting.
edit on 8-9-2016 by imsoconfused because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I will stand too, I am no fan of that team anyway and will never be.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Obama even said that "this is how democracy works, sometimes it gets messy, but it's his 1st amendment right" something to that effect

People get outraged but then are clueless about what's going on with the Dakota Pipeline. I know it's about the "principle" but there ARE other issues going on other than people not standing for the National Anthem. And it IS their right to do so.

Actual illegal and corrupt things are going on such as corporations violating treaties the US Government made with Natives (while still raping their lands and resources), but how much do we hear about that in the MSM? And how much have we heard about Kaepernick? #ing pathetic

edit on 8-9-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
the police do more to deface the uniform they wear a lot worse than over paid athletes who just kneel...

+18 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Exercising one's right to free speech, a right granted to us by the document that helped found this very nation, is not disrespectful to the nation itself.

Not standing in respect of the thousands who gave their lives to protect that right to free speech among many others IS disrespectful.

He can sit all he wants, it's just practice for him anyways since he'll be riding the pine this year.
edit on 8-9-2016 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nucleardoom

Not standing in respect of the thousands who gave their lives to protect that right to free speech among many others IS disrespectful.

They are absolutely not trying to disrespect our military troops. Only the police.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Nucleardoom

Typical statist mentality. Such dogmas benefit who? What about the Veterans who "sit with Kaepernick"? Are they disrespecting themselves?

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

i get that . what i dont get is what message are they trying to rub off. what exactly are they protesting? police brutality?
if you wanna protest, hey go for it - obumma is right...

is it disrespectful sitting for the anthem? isnt there other ways to protest?

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

So you think this is a challenge? You think bringing awareness to a radical police state and racial injustice is a game?

Get your mind right.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nucleardoom

He can sit all he wants, it's just practice for him anyways since he'll be riding the pine this year.

That's your opinion.

I believe exercising the rights that people died for is more meaningful than standing for an anthem at a stupid football game....sponsored by Mt. Dew and Cool Ranch Doritos.
edit on 8-9-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

kaeps jersey is selling #1 ... its like hands up dont shoot. i am still confused as to what exactly the purpose of disrespecting your country to protest, and what it is thats being protested.

try [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Lives_Matter#Philosophyurl] up about it, rather than believing in far right lies.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: nobunaga

i get that . what i dont get is what message are they trying to rub off. what exactly are they protesting? police brutality?
if you wanna protest, hey go for it - obumma is right...

is it disrespectful sitting for the anthem? isnt there other ways to protest?

Doesn't matter what they are protesting.

They still have the right to do so.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: imsoconfused

They are absolutely not trying to disrespect our military troops. Only the police.

When you sit there's no discrimination, what he's projecting to many people when he does this is putting more importance on his ideals/issue than that of the people who died protecting the very freedom he now enjoys.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
This could be a tactic. Save that energy for the 4th quarter.
Let them protest. Who does it hurt?

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I have a right to free speech. I can say # Obama. I can say # Trump. And I fully support free speech; but the exercise of free speech isn't always respectful.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join