It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political Correctness is Politically inCorrect!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

I believe in equal rights for every American. That does not make me PC.

Correct, but apparently the OP would disagree. The very definition of a SJW is someone that works on or agrees with social justice for people that are oppressed, treated differently, etc, and pushes for equal rights/application of the law.

I guess that is now a bad thing. Equal rights is PC now.

Again, I believe the critical difference here is the attempts to censor any discussion by someone who opposes the PC ideology

Whom is being censored? Everyone has the right to speak their mind and everyone has the right to disagree.

Telling someone you disagree with to shut up is not the same as censoring them.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Who is being censored you ask?

Link

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Correct, but apparently the OP would disagree. The very definition of a SJW is someone that works on or agrees with social justice for people that are oppressed, treated differently, etc, and pushes for equal rights/application of the law.

Glad you showed up for the partay!

So much to work with, but I'll start with that for now.

Everyone has equal rights now.

I covered that in my OP. That and how despite that and many related successes the PC people still aren't happy enough. Instead are now even more outraged than ever.

Unless you have some little factoids or something that shows everyone doesn't have equal rights? Maybe the anti-discrimination laws are lacking?
edit on 6-9-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

College campuses tend to be the testing grounds for all sorts of movements and philosophies.

Are there other examples that affect those of us that are not on campus?

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Under the eyes of the of the law everyone has equally rights but that doesn't necessarily make that true in every day living. Easiest example happened just yesterday.

The grocery demands demands two forms of identification when I use a credit card to check out. Do I have have to display two forms of identification? No I don't because I'm white. However do you know how many times I have to stand in line while the Hispanic ladies get doubled and trippled checked? It happens a lot and I love to call people out on it when I see. I guess that makes me a SJW....

Don't even get me started when they have to write a check...

My advice for you is to get outside and experience the real world.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Everyone has equal rights now.

That is your opinion. You are welcome to it. SJW's believe that some people or groups of people do not have equal rights or equal application of the law. (See blacks and the criminal justice system)

That is their belief or cause.

It is not political correctness, as is the premise of your OP.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

I'm white and I had to show 2 forms of id so now what??

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

You may proceed to cash out...

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Another thread from Ignoranceisntbliss telling liberals what they think? Say it aint so!

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Personally, I think he reads to any many alt-right websites. Breitbart is bad for yo health bruh!

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Another thread from Ignoranceisntbliss telling liberals what they think? Say it aint so!

Another post by Krazyshot that has no point but cries when it happens to him.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone
I see your sarcasm detector is broken if you think I'm crying. I'm beyond crying about the OP's posts now. That's why I opt for the sarcastic dismissal. Sorry that my joke went over your head and I had to explain it though. Maybe next time you'll get it.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
You know instead of just dismissing the entire piece by using broad strokes, while tipping fedora's at each other, you might set about quoting and debunking any of my many sections. Did you guys even read it, or are you just here for the fedora tipping?

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I'll opt for the fedora tipping. Trying to reason with someone telling me how I think is just a setup for failure to begin with. Maybe if you didn't pretend to know how the other side thinks I'd be more open to talking to you, but you have your biases already. What's the point in arguing with you? You already believe what you want to believe anyways, and I know nothing I say will change your mind. If anything you'll just dismiss it and take it as a confirmation of your biases anyways.

Thus, enjoy my fedora tip.
edit on 6-9-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
What are the positive attributes to "PC"?

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

All of your threads are same... Something Something SJW Something Something...

Social justice warriors exist because there are social injustices... Some just take it too far.

edit on 6-9-2016 by TheAmazingYeti because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I'll opt for the fedora tipping. Trying to reason with someone telling me how I think is just a setup for failure to begin with. Maybe if you didn't pretend to know how the other side thinks I'd be more open to talking to you, but you have your biases already. What's the point in arguing with you? You already believe what you want to believe anyways, and I know nothing I say will change your mind. If anything you'll just dismiss it and take it as a confirmation of your biases anyways.

Thus, enjoy my fedora tip.

Looks more like you showed up just to throw in the towel. This wouldn't be the first time I stumped you and you refused to even try. Look forward to the next....

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAmazingYeti

A fedora wearing neckbeard. Gotta love that!

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Whatever you say guy. Cya later. I have better things to do then entertain your strawmen.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
You know instead of just dismissing the entire piece by using broad strokes, while tipping fedora's at each other, you might set about quoting and debunking any of my many sections. Did you guys even read it, or are you just here for the fedora tipping?

I've already addressed the meat of your thread.

You took all of those issues that you have a problem with, including racism, SJW's, gay issues, anti-science, microaggressions, etc, and wrapped all of it with the same "PC" label. That makes it easier for people to identify and demonize. They don't have to actually look in the issues you listed, they can just be frightened by the label you wrongly applied to it.

Those individual causes do not necessarily have anything to do with political correctness. Some of the people that work on the causes you listed can be very politically incorrect. PC is an individual choice.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join