It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political Correctness is Politically inCorrect!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: DeadFoot

Lots of fedora tipping! But less debunkers

It's the perfection you embody.

Now complete with info-graphics.

My word.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadFoot

My word.

Smart!

So now if we have all the playa' hatin' out the way perhaps we might get this thing debunked already?

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadFoot

My word.

Smart!

So now if we have all the playa' hatin' out the way perhaps we might get this thing debunked already?

Already done. Check out my post on the last page.

You backtracked to change the term you used after it was noted that PC had nothing to do with the issues you listed. Now it's "Progressive".

The entire premise of your thread is flawed based just on the terminology you used.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I haven't read through all of it yet, and forgive me if I'm repeating something already said. . .

but isn't PC a push towards conformity and a move away from individuality?

...or as they call it, kindness and respect.

Basically, we can all be superficially different, but we better not dare to think differently because that's well, that would make us evil.

So the PC crowd wants to dictate how an individual thinks.

Basically, we can all look superficailly different behave different, but God help you if you dare to have different thoughts and beliefs.

Why then ... you're an evil, hateful bigot of some type, Obviously.
edit on 6-9-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That's what I thought.

You can call it whatever you want to call it, but at the end of the day, it's the "thought police".

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
They are not all necessarily related. That is the problem with your thread. You take many issues and aspects and try to bundle them under one banner of PC (or progressive).
Already did that. You're entire premise is lacking because the issues you cited have very little, if anything, to do with political correctness.

OKAY. Instead of just skate across the entire OP with that argument, please do pull examples and make an actual argument.

Progressives are not the only people out there working on criminal justice issues. Progressives are not the only one's out there working on women's issues.

You nailed it! There's tons of lawyers out there and not all of them are SJW's.

The thread here is about liberal / progressive PC, and it's many facets, and how no matter which one you look at its the same kind of crap you end up observing. I do realize PC comes in other forms (such as conservatives have their own), but the liberal PC stuff irks me more than any others I've encountered because it's all loaded with Identity Politics (which to me is when things start to mimic Nazi Germany stuff). I didn't expect you'd need this spelled out for you but there it is. More directly it's about Liberal PC Extremism (or use the word progressive instead of liberal, whatever), which going by the news and the POTUS and the election and the college campuses Liberal PC Extremism is the norm now, and for whatever its lackings there are those are on the way to being filled as the indoctrination (social engineering) in this regard is full tilt bare knuckles running white with desirre already at this point.

Just took a quick glance on your other thread. No wonder it took up so much space. Most of it is pics and graphs.

Your ability to use the ATS upload feature is...epic.

Careful. Stroking one's own ego can be dangerous. It's gives one a false sense of superiority.

As far as it's length, perhaps it's more indicative of one being long-winded?

The size of images dont fill the post boxes, characters do.

I live up to my ego. And applaud everyone else who does the same. The bigger the better. Maybe that's why I like Trump!

The snowflakes not living up to their overinflated ego's is what's wrong with them. Participation trophies and social media have them with such an ego 'just because they're special'. And that is what's wrong with them. Hollow and shallow most of them surely are, lacking in gained achievements & skills & such, they set about filling the void with the do-gooder cause of "Social Justice". And then when someone comes along and debunk's their absurd notions they can't handle it and their entire ego shatters in an instant and they go nuts spewing hate speeches. I believe the term for this is one of the main two forms of them being "triggered".
edit on 6-9-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
If someone would care to break down the differences between Liberalism & Progressivism & Democrat's, please do. I never much used the word "progressive" all last decade. Since returning this year and seeing all this going on I've been sort of at a loss over how to even word this part, but seeing major differences in the 'democrats' I used to 'fight the Neocon's with' of yester-decade, I've now adopted the "progressivism" term.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

My understanding is that they are whichever term they think will unravel them from any negative connotations and associations.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

It's content relies very much on vast assumptions and offers little to no verifiable proof/examples in order to validate the assertions. Youtube videos and links to obscure websites do not offer the context needed to justify your claims.

If you read the thread, you might notice how at the end of each section I added a "read more here" link. Each link goes to a thread, majority of which are previous threads I started to focus on the subjects. Many links actually go to my epic WOD thread, the different expanded sections in it that are loaded with real data.

And you might just quote entire sections here and call whatever into question. I really strained to keep each section nice and short and tidy.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

OKAY. Instead of just skate across the entire OP with that argument, please do pull examples and make an actual argument.

Well, if you can't even match the thread title to the premise of the thread...just saying.

Anyway, let's indulge an take a look at some examples.

Aside from people who go around hurling racial slurs at such respective individuals with malicious intent, nothing screams to me a racist personality type than people whom consistently show themselves to be not only obsessed with racial issues while typically making a habit of attempting to demonize their critics by labeling them as "racists".

This absurd statement reminds me of the following video:

What I took from your statement is that you believe someone that talks about or works on issues regarding race is indicative of a racist personality. The logical fallacy in that is astounding.

If you talk about racism...you're a racist. If you point out someone else's racism...you're racist. Your comments does not make much sense.

Modern political correctness has its roots heavy handedly found in 'militant' feminism, and these types of arguments are great indicators to if somebody might be a true to stereotype SJW.

Modern political correctness is a universal, individual concept that can be tied to many aspects. Some of the major issues it's "tied" to are race-related issues, the usage of certain terms and language in reference to black people, and the way women's issues are discussed.

Feminism is not solely a Progressive/Liberal movement. There are Right Wing feminists as well. How would they fit in to the SJW stereotype?

Another example is their hypocrisy on this talking point is their ongoing war against Christianity:

Oh good lord. The war against Christianity? Is that like the war on Christmas...holiday that damn near everyone celebrates? This issue is a clear example of the Christian/Right Wing victim mentality that has been prevelant for quite some time.

There is no war. There are small groups of people, like those atheists in NY that are trying to combat the "militant Christianity"-types that want to force their crap down our throats.

That has nothing to do with Liberalism or Progressives.

One of the biggest social groups SJW's are obsessed with 'protecting' are gays

This issue can be tied to Liberals and Progressives. They are the ones that pushed for equal application and protection under the law. That is a positive thing.

just so long as they tow the line. A great example is with this anti-PC celebrity sort of journalist Milo Yiannopoulos.

Wait. Do you think that just because Leftists pushed for equal application that they are going to agree with each individual opinion of anyone that is gay? That is another logical fallacy.

Milo is not non-pc. He is an asshole that uses his sexual preference and extremely misinformed rhetoric to gain favor from the Right, that love to use him as their token gay guy in order to throw crap in the faces of Leftists.

If that wasn't enough, it's common for these extremists to outwardly show hate for actual Jews, which is a total contradiction to their entire core on account that Jews are arguably the most oppressed people in all of human history.

I'd like to see evidence of that claim. The best I can tell, you try to make some half-assed correlation between the Left/SJW's and book burning. Godwin's Law gone ape#?

I could go on, but I don't want to waste my time.

Overall, your OP likes to take the extreme cases on certain issues and tries to tie them to a particular political ideology through the prism of political correctness. As we have already established, that tie is completely incorrect. It is one giant strawman fallacy that used more propaganda buzzwords than Hitler's "red scare" speech. (See what I did there?)

The thread here is about liberal / progressive PC,

Not really. You already admitted it's not so much about political correctness, but about logical fallacies attempting to being tied to Leftists.

I do realize PC comes in other forms (such as conservatives have their own), but the liberal PC stuff irks me more than any others I've encountered because it's all loaded with Identity Politics

As is your OP. Look at it this way. You yourself have used identity politics in order to make an attempt at an argument and you have also said that you have specific feelings towards the war on drugs.

That makes you a SJW by your own definition.

Congratulations.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Oh dear, I crapped the bed when I didn't fuss up my catchy title by making it say "LIBERAL Political Correctness is Politically inCorrect!".

What I took from your statement is that you believe someone that talks about or works on issues regarding race is indicative of a racist personality. The logical fallacy in that is astounding. ...
If you talk about racism...you're a racist. If you point out someone else's racism...you're racist. Your comments does not make much sense.

What I was saying it that when an individual is entirely obsessed with race, see people as collectivist groups categorized by race, have an overblown sensitivity to racial issue and/or criticisms, take offense to the most tiniest of perceived racial 'slights' even when none were intended (especially where comedy is concerned), constantly bring up and tip fedora's at racial issues, constantly allege other people (especially opponents) are racists, have a victim personality type that is totally wrapped up in race, see themselves as a race above being an individual, are prejudiced against others based on what race they are, and so on, people like that are racists. And spare us the BS "patriarchy" definition where all the sudden racism is only racism if there's a institutional power behind it. That's BS and we all know it.

The easiest single shot definer is people who hate people if they are a certain race. So when a black BLM person hates whites: RACIST. When a white KKK hates blacks: RACIST. When a white feminist hates a man (even if he is white)... still RACIST (as weird as that entire statement was).

Make more sense now?

Modern political correctness is a universal, individual concept that can be tied to many aspects. Some of the major issues it's "tied" to are race-related issues, the usage of certain terms and language in reference to black people, and the way women's issues are discussed.

Feminism is not solely a Progressive/Liberal movement. There are Right Wing feminists as well. How would they fit in to the SJW stereotype?

No. The general concept of PC is a universal, individual concept that can be tied to many aspects (i.e. national anthem etiquette). It is used as a billy club to shame people into conformity in any case...

Modern liberal PC is entirely steeped in Identity Politics making it anti-individualistic. Essentially all of its forms are tied to one mass social group issue or another (race, gender, etc). Generally, as with conservatives, PC is mainly just a nuance. With liberals it is the Dogma, where the core set positions is the Creed. The two are deeply intertwined essentially beyond recognition now, as the Magisterium (party) has set its Orthodoxy as being all about these Identity Political 'things'. With conservatives its more a mere tool to maintain conformity. With liberals its is what is to conformed with consciously, ad subconsciously. With conservatives is about how to act. With liberals about how to act, think and feel.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Oh good lord. The war against Christianity? Is that like the war on Christmas...holiday that damn near everyone celebrates? This issue is a clear example of the Christian/Right Wing victim mentality that has been prevelant for quite some time.

Lordy lordy lordy! I'm not a conservative, or a republican, or a christian. I'm a libertarian minded hardcore agnostic (about as hardcore as one could ever be). So hardcore my own personal forte (part of my Iconoclast Extremist persona) is in smashing mass binary social group biases (i.e. left/right type biases) across all social group spheres). No victim mentality here. Just an exceptional eye for spotting willful ignorance, BS, and hypocrisy. And on the case of religion, as with pretty much all the rest, total double standards from the 'SJW' front.

There is no war. There are small groups of people, like those atheists in NY that are trying to combat the "militant Christianity"-types that want to force their crap down our throats.

Okay so militant atheists have always been an oddity to me. They are just as deluded as the militant (any religious person). Something which I've criticized for a decade+.

But now with the 'SJW's" running around we have "Atheist+" maniacs to swell their ranks.

This issue can be tied to Liberals and Progressives. They are the ones that pushed for equal application and protection under the law. That is a positive thing.

The general idea of it sure, until we get to the part where like all the other "identities" SJW's supposedly are all about defending, they have this history of using them as human shields to justify their own hate speeches while deflecting any criticisms of it. Now this isn't just a few people that were alleging this and I happened to overhear them, instead we have an entire social trend that arose in response to it:

#NotYourShield Hashtag Shows Multi-Cultural Support For GamerGate
After coming under fire for supporting the GamerGate movement, females, blacks, Asians, Hispanics, transgenders, gays and bisexuals took control of their own narrative by telling those who attacked them for supporting gaming that they are #NotYourShield.

The hashtag is a spinoff from the #GamerGate tag (click here for a complete rundown of what GamerGate is all about) that was coined by Hollywood actor currently starring on The Last Ship, Adam Baldwin. As noted on KnowYourMeme, #NotYourShield was a collective movement of minorities of all ages and types, stating that they were not oppressed by a straight, white male patriarchy; that they had their own voice and that they were not a shield to be silently used in order for gaming media – and those that gaming media represents – to push an agenda. At first there were tweets and comments from individuals simply feeling left out or attacked for not joining a cause they didn't support.

While we're on the "GamerGate" subject lets not forget some juicy documented examples of SJW's be hate mongers:

Compilation of Harassment/Insults/Doxxing from Anti-GG journalists/devs/etc.
Here is documentation of these criminal attacks. I urge you not to place your trust in the people behind these:
Threats at their work: twitter.com...
Text messages: twitter.com...
Phone calls threatening their family: i.imgur.com...
Losing their jobs: twitter.com...
Losing their jobs: twitter.com... www.youtube.com...
Doxxing and threats: imgur.com...
Doxxing a child: www.reddit.com...
They have even escalated to the point of mailing a gay journalist (even though he is a partisan hack most of the time) a syringe full of god knows what: twitter.com...
LOONG LIST OF OTHER EXAMPLES CHECK OUT THE PAGE!

just so long as they tow the line. A great example is with this anti-PC celebrity sort of journalist Milo Yiannopoulos.

Wait. Do you think that just because Leftists pushed for equal application that they are going to agree with each individual opinion of anyone that is gay? That is another logical fallacy.

That's not what I meant. Instead he is an example of the total intolerance to opposition to their view in general, and detractors from their own ranks who get hateful vengeance.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

If that wasn't enough, it's common for these extremists to outwardly show hate for actual Jews, which is a total contradiction to their entire core on account that Jews are arguably the most oppressed people in all of human history.

I'd like to see evidence of that claim. The best I can tell, you try to make some half-assed correlation between the Left/SJW's and book burning. Godwin's Law gone ape#?

Students call for prisons to be BANNED: NUS group headed by union's 'anti-semitic' new president says all criminals should be freed
An influential students' group has called for prisons to be abolished because they are 'sexist and racist' in the latest in a series of far-Left interventions by the student movement. The National Union of Students black students' conference also voted to step up its fight against the Government's anti-extremism agenda. ...She has previously argued that it is Islamophobic to oppose ISIS and described one university as a 'Zionist outpost' because it has a large Jewish society. One of the motions passed at the conference on Saturday was titled 'Prisons are Obsolete! Abolish Them Now!', and resolved to 'call for the abolition of the prison-industrial complex'. The vote called for anyone detained under the Mental Health Act to be handed over into NHS care, but was silent on what should happen to other convicted criminals. ...In a separate motion on Saturday, the black students' conference voted to campaign against Prevent, the Government's main anti-radicalisation effort, being deployed in further education institutions.

Jewish SJW Speaks Out Against the Anti-Racism Movement's Israel-Hate
I have spent my career working for social justice organizations, and currently work in advocacy and organizing. I attended a small liberal arts college where I protested, organized and talked Paulo Freire and Franz Fanon over fair trade coffee. I also had eggs thrown at my dorm room and was told that my entire family deserved to be murdered by terrorists. After school, I saw similar prejudice against my Jewish self when I interacted with the progressive community. I’ll never forget working at a non-profit where the head of the Anti-Oppression and Inclusivity working group proudly told me that in college he had stolen funds from a Jewish organization that sponsored Shabbat dinners and given them to a Palestinian Solidarity organization. This statement came after I declined an offer for happy hour, saying I was heading home to celebrate Shabbat. His message was clear: you are not welcome here if you talk about Jewish religious practice. I had another coworker tell me Palestinian terrorism didn’t count as real terrorism after I mentioned I had spent the weekend celebrating a Jewish holiday. I never once brought up Israel to these colleagues, but Israel was discussed at me, angrily, many times.

I have come to expect anti-Semitism from many progressive movements, but I simply cannot accept it from the anti-racism movement and anti-oppression movement any longer. The stakes are too high, both personally and nationally.

Last week Black Lives Matter re-tweeted an article about a delegation to Israel. It depicted the conflict in Israel as a struggle between white supremacist (Israeli Jews) and an oppressed dark skinned racial group (Palestinians). It hyped BDS and claimed Israeli Jews are white colonialists. It erased any historical connection of Judaism to the holy land. It completely erased Sephardic, Mizrahi, and Ethiopian Jews, or any other people of color living in Israel, Jewish or not. It declined to interview a single Israeli or a single Jew.

Here was the perfect example of an anti-racism, anti-oppression movement failing to live up to its basic foundational principles. Erasure, of history and culture, is considered completely unacceptable by anti-racist and anti-oppression movements. Failing to consult those who are affected by policy and failure to include historically marginalized and oppressed groups is also a clear wrong.

The SJWs that Jews created are now turning against Jews. From leftist rag The New Republic: "The Holocaust Doesn't Discount Jewish White Privilege Today"
The top three most popular articles right now on the online Jewish magazine Tablet all deal, in one way or another, with the question of Jews and privilege. The most interesting of the three, as well as the most viral, is Taffy Brodesser-Akner’s personal essay, “I Probably Won’t Share This Essay on Twitter: Some thoughts on being Jewish in contemporary polite society,”

SJW Anti-Semitism
I’m not one to see racism and anti-Semitism in everything, but I have to say, the only place where I’ve seen more blatant anti-Semitism than on Tumblr is Stormfront.

The hatred of Jews on Tumblr within the SJ community is usually thinly veiled hatred of white people (which we all know, is fine, and if you’re white and you have a problem with people saying you need to be exterminated, you’re just racist!) but in fact, when Tumblr SJWs get on the subject of Jews, their hatred seems to exceed their hatred for whites. I have even seen it said (not on Tumblr, but on another SJ-oriented site) that there is such a thing as “Jewish privilege” which extends beyond white privilege–and that Jews are being handed law and medical degrees for no reason at all other than being Jewish.

Jews “Have a Target on Their Back” at UCLA — SJW Admin Harass Jewish Student Leader So Badly That He Quits
But ‘social justice’ is for the left — I’m not going to say that this Jewish student who was chased out of UCLA by psychopathic SJWs in the administration deserves what happened because of the mistakes of other Jews in the past. It’s ridiculous that he can’t even go to school without being messed with because he’s a Zionist.

So here these examples show the kind of extremism that tends to arise in people whom have adopted the CRT/PS fueled Liberal PC Dogma. My point here isn't inherently meant to argue that anti-Jew is part of the Liberal PC doctrine, it's about the kind of hate that inherently arises in human beings fully entranced by such a doctrine. To anybody that has extensively studied human psychology / social psychology, and takes a good look at the whole thing, this reality is totally obvious. It is the expected outcome. And the evidence from across the board supports this notion.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Interesting stuff. Could there be any merit to these claims??? It all seems suspect to me. Dang SJW's

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Nope. Just lies, hoaxes, and hyperbole on my part. Projections. Why else wouldn't we get hardly any debunkers in here?

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
First............why do you care? I mean, its obvious this is a topic of great importance to you and of such importance you've obviously spent many hours on this subject, but WHY?

Aside from other reasons already mentioned, for being one of ATS's 'legacy' Conspiracy Theorists, I'm also one of it's biggest debunkers. I sort of specialize in craze like troll like movements that are entirely disruptive... especially to the social climate here in ATS.

I have a whole history of this here, starting with the 9/11 No Planers Movement.

Then came the BP Oil Spill Disaster, and that total hysteria that went on all year that year.

Next came Fukushima, although I didn't have the time & energy or motivation to deal with that ordeal. I already knew how pointless it was dealing with the intensely irrational emotion driven & agenda driven doom monger environmentalists.

I have tons of threads and posts related to each. I've described it many times this year. Here is one such detailed account:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Since then I haven't been active, not too much. Here and there get bored come in make a thread sort of keep 'practice' in my old ways.

Then comes this summer and what I saw was horrifying. Not only was another new "troll movement" running wild across the site, this time it was total Moral Emotional Wedge Issues materials. Plural! Stacks and stacks of it. A total disaster on my old stance that these issues distract everybody of every walk from being able to focus on "TPTB" that screw us all together. And on that note I'm now covering what I already have herein the comments.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   

I'm not a conservative, or a republican, or a christian. I'm a libertarian minded hardcore agnostic (about as hardcore as one could ever be). So hardcore my own personal forte (part of my Iconoclast Extremist persona) is in smashing mass binary social group biases (i.e. left/right type biases) across all social group spheres). No victim mentality here. Just an exceptional eye for spotting willful ignorance, BS, and hypocrisy.

a reply to: ColdWisdom

See here: "Socio Agnosticism"

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   
One of the big questions I have about what some feel is "political correctness" is that "What happens when two different oppressed groups collide?" If you look at the listverse list of 10 things banned due to PC; one of them was the vagina monologues. I wonder how the feminist felt about the loss of the play due to being "inconsiderate towards transgender people"? Some communities dislike "Gentrification". Sometimes the group leading neighborhoods towards "gentrification" is homosexuals looking for affordable housing and work areas. Also in lower income areas you can sometimes have more "risque" venues than in the more "upscale" areas. What happens when the group that has been in the neighborhoods the longest resent the newcomers. Who gets judged as being "correct". Which is more correct?: "Conservative Muslim values" or "Free the nipple" and "Go Topless". Again, who wins in the "Down with Cops" vs the "Stop the beatings of homosexuals". Who is responsible for working on stopping the violence vs women and homosexuals? The Cops??

What happens when one group of "SJW's" ends up facing off with another group of "SJW's" that have opposite agendas?

Just wondering.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAmazingYeti
Under the eyes of the of the law everyone has equally rights but that doesn't necessarily make that true in every day living. Easiest example happened just yesterday.

The grocery demands demands two forms of identification when I use a credit card to check out. Do I have have to display two forms of identification? No I don't because I'm white. However do you know how many times I have to stand in line while the Hispanic ladies get doubled and trippled checked? It happens a lot and I love to call people out on it when I see. I guess that makes me a SJW....

Okay.

So what laws are you going to advocate being passed to ensure that all minorities only get checked for the same amount of ID's?

Perhaps the biggest question is, since normal healthy humans implicitly come bundled with Cross-Race Effect, in your view has is that inherently to be assumed as someone being racist?

My point follows that a person not yet well exposed enough to certain face types might not ave the same scope of photo verification abilities as they do their own race, therefore just to be sure they subconsciously set about doing followup security checks.

Then there's always the more seasoned cashier types, who might have a long history with getting scammed far more frequently by a certain type from their locale. If that is the case, it truly has been happening, is it still RACIST for them to double check, in such a retail security scenario?

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: feldercarb
What happens when one group of "SJW's" ends up facing off with another group of "SJW's" that have opposite agendas?

Just wondering.

Interesting line of curiosity. I must say I haven't been running one of my 'subroutines' to keep an eye for such a thing.

Perhaps one example might be the Orlando Shooter. Although some know'ed on that subject would argue that "hyper-masculinity" was the sole cause.

Hmm. Food for thought!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join