It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Plans to Visit With Mexico President Nieto on Wednesday?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
5 points

1. End illegal immigration in both countries.
2. Secure border
3. Ending Cartels and Drugs at border
4. Renegotiate NAFTA
5. Keep manufacturing in our Hemisphere

Wow, this is a really good speech

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Nafta was the worst deal ever. Now it's good.

Jobs in Mexico, not US, is OK. It's in our hemisphere. He sure is changing his stance.

haha.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
5 points

1. End illegal immigration in both countries.
2. Secure border
3. Ending Cartels and Drugs at border
4. Renegotiate NAFTA
5. Keep manufacturing in our Hemisphere

Wow, this is a really good speech

You are easily pleased.

I got bored of looking at the top of Trump's head while he read off of his note cards.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

I am? Sorry you got bored at looking at his head. Might want to try to comprehend the 'words' next time.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

No NAFTA is bad.. That is what he said. He is working the deal. He is telling Mexico that it would be beneficial for all to work on immigration and renegotiate NAFTA. This is a big reason the TPP is so bad. It spreads it out even more. I thought the keep it here premise was a good angle.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
One of the more interesting comments was that both nominees were extended invitations, and once again Hillary was too busy sleeping or vacationing or laundering money through her foundation to show up, while Trump immediately responded, went down and opened dialogue between himself and Mexico's President.

This is a true leader in action. The difference in energy and ability to get things done between Hillary and Trump is massive. One is sleeping at the wheel, hiding, the other is taking on and accepting any opportunity, any speech, any interview.

Why? Trump puts America first. His actions show he cares about this country. He carries himself and executes as you'd expect an extremely successful businessman to do. Hillary however acts like she's owed the Presidency, she's been picked by the establishment and her fellow corrupt cronies and that's that.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: -Blackout-

Sounds like you don't know what hyperbole means.

Where did I say that you said a fistfight was going to happen?

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
So far, it seems that this meeting didn't cause a rip in the space-time continuum.
Of course, we have to wait for the "unnamed sources" to add some color commentary.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Trump tells else each audience what they want to hear. He can't deliver to everyone. Soon he will be just like any other politician. I really doubt anything but tax cuts for the top will actually happen.

(post by -Blackout- removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: -Blackout-

Sounds like something triggered you.

Hyperbole is you saying he was going into a lion's den when in fact there is no danger there.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I thought this was a huge success for Trump.

He went into a hostile area and talked diplomatically with the President of Mexico. All of the talking heads on the msm last night were saying that this could be a trap, and that the Mexican President would lay into Trump. On the contrary, he said he felt Donald was sincere in wanting both countries to be more successful, and said he was happy Trump accepted his invitation.

I look at this in two ways. The first is how does it benefit Trumps campaign.

I think it helps him. He didn't alienate many of his followers by being to soft, for example he still said there will be a wall, and he talked about how bad NAFTA was, and yet at the same time he spoke diplomatically and came of as genuine to the Mexican President. He again is driving the news cycle, and he has the appearance of going to places where action is such as here and Louisiana, while Clinton seems to be behind. Trumps critics will say this was just for optics, but they will hate him no matter what so it doesn't hurt him there. I also think he may have picked up some points with people on the fence for who to vote for. He had much more positive language about Mexicans and Americans with ties there, and spoke of uniting the hemisphere instead of focusing on America's immigration and trade problems alone.

The other way I look at it is much more important to me, and that is how will potntially help the real problems that were discussed. I mentioned previously, I would like to see all potential leaders meet with Mexico's leaders. These countries share much trade and immigration, and I think it is beneficial to have a working relationship with each other.

In addition, this is what politics should be. People with vastly different opinions sitting down and respectfully discussing issues with each other.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
So..Any chance Trump is trying to work out an arrangement.Is like an astute businessman?
As opposed to damaging relations with our southern neighbor.And is he incorrect by stating most of the ILLEGAL Immigrants pour in through Mexico?

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I can't stand when people makes statements that apply equally to both candidates but try to pretend it only applies to one:

"Trump tells else each audience what they want to hear. He can't deliver to everyone."

Is no different from:

Clinton tells else each audience what they want to hear. She can't deliver to everyone.

They are both true statements.

It is what politicians do,,, they tell the voters what they think the voters want to hear.
edit on R052016-08-31T16:05:58-05:00k058Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Why do you post lies?

That's not true. I have watched most of his recent rallies, and the messages are all the same every time. So, I don't know what you are talking about. And please don't link me some mainstream source telling me otherwise, as I am able to hear what Trump says with my own hears.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Trump did very well in Mexico. He looked Presidential...and totally upstaged Hillary.
Leftie pundits seem very upset.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

I can't stand when people makes statements that apply equally to both candidates but try to pretend it only applies to one:

"Trump tells else each audience what they want to hear. He can't deliver to everyone."

Is no different from:

Clinton tells else each audience what they want to hear. She can't deliver to everyone.

They are both true statements.

It is what politicians do,,, they tell the voters what they think the voters want to hear.

I didn't say only Trump does it. Almost all politicians tend to do it. You just assume that is what was meant.

Trump seems to be changing his stance day by day. It might be good, may be not. I guess that depends on what his followers want from him.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

Why do you post lies?

That's not true. I have watched most of his recent rallies, and the messages are all the same every time. So, I don't know what you are talking about. And please don't link me some mainstream source telling me otherwise, as I am able to hear what Trump says with my own hears.

Trump is not changing his polices? It's common discussion day by day. Look some where besides ATS.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
One candidate is flying into hostile territory after pissing off an entire country, meeting with their President, opening dialogue and trying to form a working and diplomatic relationship.

The other turned down the invitation and is offering jabs on twitter, just as a 13 yr old would do.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Would seem that one of them needs to do it and the other doesn't.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join