It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Plans to Visit With Mexico President Nieto on Wednesday?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Not really. If Hillary felt completely confident in winning, she wouldn't be stooping to so many insults against Trump of late, never mind rumors of how she's preparing for the debates which reflect someone who's anything but confident.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Who said anything about being sure of winning?

Being sure that Trump isn't going to win back a significant amount of votes from the Latino segment would be another story.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Donald Trump's statement at the press conference he gave jointly with the President of Mexico, Enrique Pena Nieto, is a major revision of some earlier statements that he has given on the campaign trail in both tone and substance.

Here is a link to his complete remarks. Scroll over to 45:24, when Mr. Trump begins to speak. (The Mexican President's remarks, in Spanish, begin at 31:50 approximately, preceded by thirty minutes of dead air on the Reuters feed.)

www.youtube.com...

Trump's tone is completely different in this situation. One major thing he says is that NAFTA needs to be improved, not scrapped. Commentators will be mulling his statements over to analyze the degree to which they represent actual changes in position on major matters of trade policy.
edit on 31-8-2016 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ipsedixit
Donald Trump's statement at the press conference he gave jointly with the President of Mexico, Enrique Pena Nieto, is a major revision of some earlier statements that he has given on the campaign trail in both tone and substance.

Here is a link to his complete remarks. Scroll over to 45:24, when Mr. Trump begins to speak. (The Mexican President's remarks, in Spanish, begin at 31:50 approximately, preceded by thirty minutes of dead air on the Reuters feed.)

www.youtube.com...

Trump's tone is completely different in this situation. One major thing he says is that NAFTA needs to be improved, not scrapped. Commentators will be mulling his statements over to analyze the degree to which they represent actual changes in position on major matters of trade policy.

Trump actually said on the campaign trail that Nafta needs to be renogitated and if it can't be, then it needs to be scrapped.

Can you explain leaving out the renogition phase?

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: xstealth

Have you listened to his remarks? He seems to have made up his mind on the subject, which as far as I can tell from what he said, is that the agreement needs to be improved, not scrapped. I'm not going to logic chop with you. His tone is much less peremptory than it has been to this point in the campaign.

His remarks on Mexicans themselves were very laudatory, almost to the point of being fawning. "Spectacular", "hard working" were typical descriptives used. It would be funny to hear the response if he said such things at one of his rallies in the States.

His tone was of coordination to solve mutual problems, not of an injured party seeking redress, which has been his predominant tone to date.

I think this speech represents Trump's first appearance in the real world of international diplomacy. He is much less bellicose than the Donald Trump we are used to.
edit on 31-8-2016 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I'm no historian, but I would hazard a guess that Donald Trump is on the steepest learning curve in the history of American presidential politics.

He is, judging by this visit to Mexico, ascending that curve.

I don't support Donald Trump, but I don't dismiss him in the manner of the Washington Post. I think he can win this election, if he shows the American public that he is not a bumptious clown all the time and has a real capacity to understand and tackle problems that don't have simple solutions. In this appearance in Mexico he has given evidence of that.

Politics is about making deals that are mutually beneficial. Trump is a deal maker. Winning in politics is not taking all the marbles, particularly in the international arena. Everybody has to get what they need out of international trade deals. Wiping everybody out is how you make wars.

I think he is starting to "get it". Do we have President Nieto to thank for that? Maybe.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Well, spoke too soon. Apparently there is a dispute as to what was discussed.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: -Blackout-

Typical male response. Balls doesn't equal brains.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: -Blackout-

Testosterone...Balls...
See... these things are not needed to make Smart decisions. Or to run a country.
This is sexist garbage.

What do you think Hillary will do? Put her hands on her hips, tap her foot and scowl at the illegal criminals? No she will be tough. This talk about open borders and people flowing in are way overblown by trump and his team. He exaggerates everything. Including his belief that she is frail. He too thinks it takes balls (and a penis) to lead the country.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

"See... these things are not needed to make Smart decisions."

Absolutely correct.. Hillary has the biggest set of balls I have ever seen for deciding to have classified information on an unclassified server in her house.

Proof that balls are not needed to make smart decisions, but sometimes necessary to make colossally stupid decisions.

" He too thinks it takes balls (and a penis) to lead the country."

So what,,,you think all it takes to run the country are a set of boobs and a vagina... what's your point?

edit on R262016-09-01T12:26:33-05:00k269Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   
January 23, 2017

The now PRESIDENT Trump will visit with Mexico's President, Pena Nieto, on Tuesday, January 31st. It sounds like Mr. Nieto is going to be in a "negotiating" mood, regarding the WALL that President Trump wants to build.

""President Enrique Pena Nieto has vowed to fight for Mexico's interests and defend migrants' rights during talks with the new US administration.

Next Tuesday he is due to meet President Donald Trump, who has vowed to build a southern border wall to keep out migrants from Latin America.

"The solution is dialogue and negotiation. Not confrontation nor submission," he said.

Mr Pena Nieto said Mexico would work to keep a trade deal Mr Trump criticised. The North American Free Trade Agreement (Nafta), signed by Mexico, Canada and the United States, came into force in 1994.
Mr Trump promised during the electoral campaign to renegotiate its terms.

Mr Pena Nieto said Mr Trump's victory was forcing Mexico to redefine its relationship with its northern neighbour.
"It's clear that the US has a new vision for its foreign policy," he said in a speech in which he outlined his new foreign policy goals. "Mexico has to act to defend its national interests.""

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I bring Salsa and Tequila-----Jesus---you bring the Menudo---its Kosher now

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I'm not seeing anything in that article which says " Mr. Nieto is going to be in a "negotiating" mood, regarding the WALL that President Trump wants to build."

NAFTA seems to be on the table but it seems pretty clear that they are all for "Bridges, not walls'".

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Unfortunately, the Mexican government is so corrupt --- anything can happen.

I think they probably would deal if the "pot" was sweet enough.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Are you trying to get some early excuse in if a deal is struck which improves US Federal funds to the tune of the cost of the wall?

edit on 24/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Are you trying to get some early excuse in if a deal is struck which improves US Federal funds to the tune of the cost of the wall?

I lived in AZ on the Mexican border.

Heard lots of stories. Simple as that.

Don't try to put more into it.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Pena Nieto will get into "negotiating mood" quickly when he sees the invoice.

The bill will be "awesome".

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

That seems pretty vague. You mean mexico paying for the wall?

I'm not sure what corruption has to do with it but either way, the article doesn't lean that way.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

That seems pretty vague. You mean mexico paying for the wall?

I'm not sure what corruption has to do with it but either way, the article doesn't lean that way.

You don't understand corruption?

Money, favors, power, etc.

Which artical? The OP from 8/16 or the new one from BBC?
edit on 24-1-2017 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Neither of them talks about being in a negotiating mood about the wall but I was talking about the one from the BBC, since it was linked in the post I replied to.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join