It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Plans to Visit With Mexico President Nieto on Wednesday?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Washington Post

It doesn't seem like it would be a happy visit. It appears to be cooked up by new Trump Campaign CO Stephen Bannon.

Peña Nieto’s invitation was brought up, and Bannon said it offered Trump an opening to make headlines and showcase himself as a statesman who could deal directly with Mexico.

Trump’s representatives were told privately by officials that it would be logistically difficult for Trump to visit. But the businessman’s proxies insisted that Trump would not delay his plans, the person said.

Overseas visits by senior U.S. officials normally require weeks of intricate planning on both sides, as every movement and meeting is plotted. When more security is required, such trips become even more complicated.

I cannot see how this, if it would even happen, would go well.

Peña Nieto has extended an invitation for the businessman to visit him in Mexico to talk about various political and economic issues, the people said.

The 'people' being anonymous sources in Trump's campaign.

I am not sure if this is even possible or was asked for or if he should be doing this.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I wonder if he will bring Nieto the taco salad from Trump Plaza, he may appreciate the culinary cultural infusion.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I'm not subscribed to WAPO, but does it say Next Wednesday or tomorrow? I haven't heard a thing about this, but this is great news in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Would be a great chance to see how his walk aligns with his talk.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Trump has stated many times that various talk shows and locations have 'invited him' and that he said no. Most of those places have stated they never invited trump. I am wondering if this is the case here.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Wow..this guy (Trump) is one energetic individual isn't he! He's making a major immigration speech a few hours later, from Phoenix, Arizona. Poor lethargic Hillary can only look on, in envy.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Would be a great chance to see how his walk aligns with his talk.

You are correct. If it did happen, I would like to see President Nieto tell trump where he can go and where he can painfully insert his Wall.

But I don't think 'last munute' visits of this type are even possible, Trump is campaigning in SW states tomorrow, but that doesn't grant you an audiene with a foreign President.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: xstealth
I'm not subscribed to WAPO, but does it say Next Wednesday or tomorrow? I haven't heard a thing about this, but this is great news in my opinion.

Tomorrow. My news aggregator picked it up. I am not subscribed to WAPO either.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   

"There is no way that Mexico can pay [for] a wall like that," he said
Link

He's already clarified what he thinks about the wall. Trumps visit is invitational from Pena per your source. If it made a headline, I would say the chances of him making the trip are good.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Wow..this guy (Trump) is one energetic individual isn't he! He's making a major immigration speech a few hours later, from Phoenix, Arizona. Poor lethargic Hillary can only look on, in envy.

This really apears to be a non event made up by Stephen Bannon. Hillary can look on and laugh, I suppose.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Trump is actually putting forth the effort...He's reaching out...and he's pounding the pavement. Give him some credit.

Hillary?...Not so much...She's running out the clock...pretty much in hiding.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   

"There is no way that Mexico can pay [for] a wall like that," he said
Link

He's already clarified what he thinks about the wall. Trumps visit is invitational from Pena per your source. If it made a headline, I would say the chances of him making the trip are good.

Per my source, only sources within Trump's campaign state he was invited. Trump has stated he was invited many other places where he was not.

OK, ty for the clarification that he flip flopped from saying "I will make Mexico pay for the wall" to "Mexico cannot pay for the wall."

It is not a matter of 'cannot'. Maybe they could, but they would refuse and he can't make them. He never could make them. That is the point.
edit on 30-8-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Trump is actually putting forth the effort...He's reaching out...and he's pounding the pavement. Give him some credit.

He really has no business meeting with President Nieto about US policies. He holds no office. 'Pounding the pavement'? If he wanted to meet with him he wouldn't say it the day before. It is to get himsef into the 24 hr news cycle.
edit on 30-8-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Please read the source I provided, Pena stated Mexico can't pay for the wall. Yes, "the people" from Trumps camp said it was and invitation.

Another source of where the invitation came from.

www.cnbc.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
He really has no business meeting with President Nieto about US policies. He holds no office.

Dear Leader did the same thing before he was Dear Leader.

edit on 30-8-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Who is Barstar Lumberjerk?

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Donald Trump is considering jetting to Mexico City on Wednesday for a meeting with Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto, just hours before he delivers a high-stakes speech in Arizona to clarify his views on immigration policy,

according to people in the United States and Mexico familiar with the discussions.

This could be a trick article from WaPo.

If Trump does not go, they can call him a scared welsher and use this as a campaign tactic in favor of Hillary of course.

Could be a set-up.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Please read the source I provided, Pena stated Mexico can't pay for the wall. Yes, "the people" from Trumps camp said it was and invitation.

Another source of where the invitation came from.

www.cnbc.com...

CNBC is summarizing the Washington Post that was first with the story. The summary is not very detailed.

Mexico can say they can't or won't pay for a wall. Regardless, it is still that trump said OVER and OVER he would make them and he never could. So, conveniently, Trump changes to, "The can't pay for a wall."

Well, I am not paying for a wall. Are you?

Is anyone else here paying for a wall?

And if one is built, a future President will just say 'Tear down that wall!". Sound familiar?

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

He really has no business meeting with President Nieto about US policies. He holds no office.

That's different--Trump is a racist, bigot, homophobe.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

First of all, name who you are naming. Second of all. Obama is smart and Trump is ...well, not.

So, maybe yu got me on that point. But Trump visiting the Mexican President? Come on.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

It is to get himsef into the 24 hr news cycle.

Yeah...Trump coverage is almost non-existent, LOL.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join