It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

second coming

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Sorry kindred but your own words sure carry a hateful sound to them
"Anyone who believes this nonesense needs a reality check. Get it thourgh your thick heads, ......."

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paraclete
Sorry kindred but your own words sure carry a hateful sound to them
"Anyone who believes this nonesense needs a reality check. Get it thourgh your thick heads, ......."

Most of his posts have been cynical.. not hateful.. and I see you didn't acknowledge his general apology.
You on the other hand:

How sad to see someone condemn themselves to the nothingness of our existence in earth.

You condemn anyone anyone who doesn't believe in god to a nothingness of an existence.. and yeah it is you doing the condemnation not 'themselves'.. I love that escape clause.

[edit on 23-1-2005 by riley]

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I agree with kindred when he said:-

1. God is All Knowing... but Jesus was not.

2. God is All-Powerful... but Jesus was not.

3. God does not have a God... but Jesus did have a God.

As the bible said "Jesus was the son of God " So how can anyone be their own son. Duh!

"Do not judge others as thou be judged thouself" is another quote I think Ryanp5555 should take notice of.

So I say "Right on Kindred "

Ice

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Thanks Icecool - Your right "Riley" my post was cynical - definitely no hatred intended. Next time I will choose my word more carefully so as not to offend anyone.

However I do not subscribe to scripture and certain people have to respect that. Not everyone takes religion seriously and no I will not go to hell for not believeing in Jesus or for not having a relationship with him.

My only goal in life is to be the best person I possibly can be. I'm not perfect, far from it, but I'm working on it. As far as I'm concerned there is only one truth that matters. Your own!!!!!!

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."

Take Care
Kindred

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Anyone who believes this nonesense needs a reality check. Get it thourgh your thick heads

What nonsense?

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   

and no I will not go to hell for not believeing in Jesus or for not having a relationship with him.

Of course you will,,,, you can't possibly "subscribe to scripture and not believe in Jesus, unless you think God is a liar.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Of course you will,,,, you can't possibly "subscribe to scripture and not believe in Jesus, unless you think God is a liar.

sorry i didnt read your post correctly,,, you just don't believe at all,,,, so sure you will

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   

The point of my original post is that I myself will not be waiting around for someone to save me and neither should anyone else. The way I see it your playing with fire. This world and humanity is in trouble and if those who care about there future dont act now then soon it will be too late to do anything to reverse the inevitable outcome. The complete destruction of both humanity and the Earth itself.

For the sake of your soul I hope you are right,,,,but seriously I hope you like it hot, cause your gonna have to deal with the heat for eternity unless you get your business straight with God. Don't be so arrogant as to think that there is nothing higher than you in this world.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by icecool121
"Do not judge others as thou be judged thouself" is another quote I think Ryanp5555 should take notice of.

Okay, that makes no sense. At no point do i ever judge him, i just reply to him raising himself above christians because of a truth in life that he assumes we have not found yet he has. There are plenty of good quotes in this thread to back up my claims!

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 03:47 AM
link   
/quote

Okay, that makes no sense. At no point do i ever judge him, i just reply to him raising himself above christians because of a truth in life that he assumes we have not found yet he has. There are plenty of good quotes in this thread to back up my claims!

/quote

For someone who claims to have read the Bible and doesn't regonise a quote said by Jesus should go back and read the Bible again and shouldn't slag people off for their interpitations of what is written in the Bible.

Anyway at the present time there are something like a dozen of more different versions of the Bibles in the world, although they are simular in some ways they have been translated to suite peoples belifes at that time.

I think you should dump your brand new shrinkwraped copy and go to the libuary and read a 100 year old copy.

Next you'll be saying that the Sunami was a act of God to wipe out all the sinners in that part of the world, when infact it has only caused more suffering.

sorry about the mistakes just finished nightshift

ice

[edit on 28-1-2005 by icecool121]

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 04:06 AM
link   
To add some other relevant information to this thread from a Islam standpoint,I would like to say muslim do believe Nabi Isa or Jesus(we recognize him as just Jesus) will play a major role in the Last Days of mankind.

Islamic version of days leading to Doomsday(summarized):
1)Significant signs of Doomsday approaching near can be seen.

2)Everyone will renounced their belief and the great evil beast,called Dajal,will emerge from the crust of the Earth and make them their followers.

3)The world will be in total chaos.

4)Two person will descend from Heaven to destroy Dajal and re-convert its followers back to the truth:Nabi Isa or Jesus and Imam Mahdi.

5)Dajal will be defeated and everyone will finally follow the truth.

6)The Angel of Death or Malaikat Maut will blow a single horn from above signalling the end and everything will be destroyed instanteanously.Hence,Doomsday.

In Islam perspective,we believe Nabi Isa or Jesus never died.He's still alive and well.
What's he doing?:waiting for the Last Days.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Deesw I never said I didn't believe in GOD and I never said at any point that I'm bigger than GOD. I just don't believe in scripture or the bible. Fact I do believe in something higher than myself and as far as I'm concerned it has absolutely nothing to do with whats written in the bible. That my opinion and I'm sticking by it. You have your beliefs and I have mine and lets just leave it at that.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by icecool121
/quote

/quote

For someone who claims to have read the Bible and doesn't regonise a quote said by Jesus should go back and read the Bible again and shouldn't slag people off for their interpitations of what is written in the Bible.

Anyway at the present time there are something like a dozen of more different versions of the Bibles in the world, although they are simular in some ways they have been translated to suite peoples belifes at that time.

I think you should dump your brand new shrinkwraped copy and go to the libuary and read a 100 year old copy.

Next you'll be saying that the Sunami was a act of God to wipe out all the sinners in that part of the world, when infact it has only caused more suffering.

sorry about the mistakes just finished nightshift

ice

what on earth are you talking about? When did i not recognize a quote in the bible? I think you are being a bit hypocritical here quoting Jesus when he says judge not lest ye be judged then saying this:

Even if I were to think that, which i dont as it is clear in the bible that Everyone is judged in time and it makes no difference when someone dies, that is why you have to always believe. But even if i were to think that, that would have absolutely nothing to do with anything you just said, you in fact are just attacking me because you dont have a substantiated arguement. You can't even give me a quote of anything i said here that was judgemental of someone unless of course they judged me first! Oh yeah, and that belief that God does that to whipe sinners off the earth is more of a Muslim belief, nothing against that religion, but it is. You act as though i believe that we aren't all going to die. You need to sit down and actually post something that makes sense, because i dont see where you are trying to take this besides throwing out insults.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paraclete
kindred (NOT)
How sad to see someone condemn themselves to the nothingness of our existence in earth. I do feel bad for whatever it was that hurt you enough to develop hatred this deep. Remember, St Theresa once said - this life from the perspective of heaven is nothing more than one night in a bad hotel.

That is really cute, ha ha! Lately, I've been feeling like life is a bad nightmare that I can't wake up from. All the signs are here, and Jesus is coming back. It might be tomorrow, or it might be in 20 years, but this generation shall not pass. The generation that sees Israel become a nation will see Jesus return, and he will come in the clouds.

Revelation 1:7 Look, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Deesw I never said I didn't believe in GOD and I never said at any point that I'm bigger than GOD. I just don't believe in scripture or the bible

How can you believe in God but not his word?

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
In reply to Deesw: How can you believe in God but not his word?

Prove it - You can think whatever you like Deesw. Lets face your belief is based on faith alone. You have no hard evidence to back up what your saying. If its the word of GOD prove it?

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
the word "virgin" in biblical times also meant "one who is unknowing of the secret"

this was a code word for future events, with reference to the second coming, which is upon us now.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
This reminds of a story i once heard. I dont know from where but i did get the msg.
There was once this old man who's town was flooded and he was calling out to god to save him.
The water had covered most of his little house and so he decided to climb up to the roof. Then came this man on a boat offering to save the old man.
THe old man refused and said "god will save me"
Then came a helicopter offering to take away the old man to safety. THe old man snapped back saying "god will save me"
The old man eventually drowns and goes to heaven to meet god. He asks "why did you forsake me god"
And god replied "I sent you a boat and a helicopter!"
Well...Whether you believe in god or not you have to do your part to save yourself and make whatever difference you can HERE AND NOW!
I agree will Riley when he said that Kindred was just being cynical and if its anyone who's spewing hatred is Ryan!

This is a discussion board after all and I would like to think that people can express there opinions and beliefs without being bashed.

Kindred for you to have a mind of your own and to express your own opinions and think differently due to common sense is OFFENSIVE to religious people. So by being aware of your sorrounding and to ask questions makes you a heretic! Thats always been the way with christianity isnt it?
I feel bad for all those women that were killed because they were deemed "witches."

I have an interest in buddhism and I certainly could certainly teach you a thing or two about spirituality and how you should treat other human beings.

Even modern day buddism is a bit twisted. THe budda never prescribed idol worshipping. A pure religion( for the lack of a better word) was corrupted by others(religions).
Nevertheless its still a very noble path to follow.
The only hope i have for the future is Darwin's theory. I hope the people with common sense and intelligence to make sense of their sorroundings survive!
And by the way for all you people waiting for a second coming. What's god been doing for so long. He seems to have fallen asleep after creating us eh? I'm certainly not gonna wait around for his alarm clock to go off...

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 12:13 AM
link   
you dont have to wait for it, you just have to believe it will happen.

Show me how i have been spewing hatred, please, i just don't see it. If me spewing hatred is getting riled up because someone called christians, granted he appologized, essentially lower in mental capacity than him. That kind of thing tends to offend me! As it would offend a woman if i said woman aren't capable of being as smart as me because i am a man. I have not judged, nor have i said anything that wasn't deemed necessary. I honestly thought this thread was dead a while ago but than i read whatever his name is saying the dont judge lest ye be judged line and saying i needed to remember that when i judged no one before i myself was judged. But whatever, this board is filled with athiests anyways, so it is not like i will ever see eye to eye with the majority here.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 05:31 AM
link   
HI Isis - like the story. Very well put.

Your right every religion has been twisted throughout history. The scriptures of each religion teach the path to peace, but various sacred writings have often been and continue to be used to justify violence, war, and exclusion of others and such passages have often been misinterpreted or manipulated for unworthy goals such as power, wealth, or revenge.

I personally believe that we are all the sum of our thoughts. What you think is what you are. What we think manifests itself as reality. Humanity will not be destroyed and neither will this planet. Bring on peace, prosperity and paradise for all.
Think positive and anything is possible.

Checkout this very interesting scientific article and you'll see where I'm coming from.

www.keelynet.com...

Take Care
Kindred

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join