It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

second coming

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 06:40 AM
link   

If its the word of GOD prove it?

Tell you what,,,, why don't you try and disprove it at the same time.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 06:44 AM
link   

And by the way for all you people waiting for a second coming. What's god been doing for so long. He seems to have fallen asleep after creating us eh? I'm certainly not gonna wait around for his alarm clock to go off...

Sorry you feel that way,,,, we'll see how you feel when you look up one day to fing most of the people on this earth gone,,,, will that make you special? NO, it will make you scared and alone with little hope.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 06:53 AM
link   

But whatever, this board is filled with athiests anyways, so it is not like i will ever see eye to eye with the majority here.

I'm with you there,,,, it seems that that is all that is on here besides us,,,, atheists, agnostics, homosexuals, witches, supporters of abortion, and a few others that are worse. You have to walk on pins and needles around here as not to offend anyone. I had my Bible with me at work one day and was told that I could'nt have it visible anymore because a coworker found it offensive. Yet that same coworker had her girlfriend meet her at the office and they were making out in the break room. I said something about that being offensive to me and was labeled a biggot, the same word I've been labeled quite a few times on this board. I have complained to the administration 8 times in the last 3 days and have yet to here frome anyone. These atheists on here have called me an arrogant jackass, a boggot, a fool, an asshole, a f-ing biggot, and yet I called a group of people " FRUIT " and was warned. This whole board seems a bit one sided to me.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Your right every religion has been twisted throughout history. The scriptures of each religion teach the path to peace, but various sacred writings have often been and continue to be used to justify violence, war, and exclusion of others and such passages have often been misinterpreted or manipulated for unworthy goals such as power, wealth, or revenge.

Unfortunately, war is a fact of life. Now I'll grant you that it's an ugly fact of life. There have been people throughout history that have usexd the Bible for personal gain, those people will be dealt with by God when his son returns. As far as twisting the scripture,,,,, it's people like you that twist and pervert it. Example,,,,,

I ran across a church a few days ago for homosexuals. The Bible clearly states homosexuality is wrong. I asked how they could preach the Bible knowing it says their lifestyle is an abomination. They responded by saying that it did not teach that, and I looked at their Bibles and they ommitted all of the verses that said they were wrong. These people are determined to do what they want to do and think they have no consequence to pay for it, so they twist and pervert the Bible to fit their needs. You people are the ones that twist and pervert the Bible.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by deesw

But whatever, this board is filled with athiests anyways, so it is not like i will ever see eye to eye with the majority here.

I'm with you there,,,, it seems that that is all that is on here besides us,,,, atheists, agnostics, homosexuals, witches, supporters of abortion, and a few others that are worse. You have to walk on pins and needles around here as not to offend anyone. I had my Bible with me at work one day and was told that I could'nt have it visible anymore because a coworker found it offensive. Yet that same coworker had her girlfriend meet her at the office and they were making out in the break room. I said something about that being offensive to me and was labeled a biggot, the same word I've been labeled quite a few times on this board. I have complained to the administration 8 times in the last 3 days and have yet to here frome anyone. These atheists on here have called me an arrogant jackass, a boggot, a fool, an asshole, a f-ing biggot, and yet I called a group of people " FRUIT " and was warned. This whole board seems a bit one sided to me.

haha, yeah the board is a bit one-sided, although i don't necessarily agree with you calling an entire group of people "FRUIT" but i do get where you are coming from.

Oh, and Kindred i think you need to check out John 10:30, i think it says something quite well.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   

haha, yeah the board is a bit one-sided, although i don't necessarily agree with you calling an entire group of people "FRUIT" but i do get where you are coming from

Yeah I was way out of line,,,, I'm still honing my communication skills.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
First off I beleive in God and Jesus.

Second as the bible states, Jesus is not god, and worshipping as so is wrong. He very well is or will become our Lord, but he is not God.

Jesus will create Heaven on Earth. To me that means those of us not worthy of being in heaven with god will have more of a alternative then hell. (Unless we deserve the later)

I don't trully beleive the Heaven on Earth will be a nice and wonderful as it would be with god. Those of us left here will be the ones proven not to be totally pure. If you have sinned purposely once in your life I don't beleive you'll be going to Heaven. Though if you understand and care that you were wrong I dont think you'll be in Hell either.

The bible teaches peace, respect and love, but at the same time many items of the new bible are hypocritic of itself. I dont beleive you need to go to church to be a good christian. I've been to church two time's recently, I almost gagged when one of the priests started talking about our just war in Iraq. There is nothing just about killing human beings ever. The only time I beleive it is even thinkable is when your life, or a loved one's life is immently in danger, as in a gun/knife/etc. pointed at you or them.

I also beleive there are many religions not only christianity that are on the right path to salvation. Just because words are different does not necessarily change their meaning. Specifically Islam. It is all but a duplicate of christianty once the outer coatings are peeled away.

The Christian bible does not say there are not prophets, in fact it elludes that there are many. All it says outright about prophets is that most of them will be false.

The islamic koran also does not say Jesus, or God does not exist. It specifically says God is God, he created earth, man and so on. It also does recognize jesus as a prophet and elludes that he was the saviour. (although not so much as the new testament) One of the major sticking points between Christianity is the Prophet Mohammed (sp?) Islam does not actually refer to him as a saviour, but as just that a prophet. He is the originator of the koran, the one writing the stories. Truthfully I have no way of discerning wheter he was a true prophet or a false prophet.

I also have no way of discerning that about Jesus, or God for that matter. Although I beleive they are what the bible makes them out to be all the same.

For those who speak of Islam's harsh laws, and barbaric punishments. I beg you to go read the old testament. Its laws and punishments where the harshest I can recall.

Basically it said if you steal something with your hands, cut them off. If you see something and you think of doing something wrong poke out your eyes. Those are the light parts...

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   

I dont beleive you need to go to church to be a good christian

The Bible commands you go to church, that you be Baptized, and that you accept Jesus Christ. It also says that Jesus is God,,, have you never heard of the trinity?

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
here let me quote John 10:30 for everyone... "The Father and I are One."

How about John 8:53-59:

Are you greater than our father Abraham, who died? Jesus answered, "If I glorify myself my glory is worth nothing; but it is my Father who glorifies me of whom you say, "He is our God." You do not know him, but I know him. And if I should say that I do not know him, I would be like you a liar. But i do know him and I keep his word. Abraham your father rejoiced to see my day; he saw it and was glad." So the Jews said to him, "You are not yet fifty years old and you have seen Abraham?" Jesus said to them, "Amen, amen I say to you, before Abraham cam to be, I AM." So they picked up stones to throw at him; but Jesus hid and went out of the temple area.

I believe him saying before Abraham I AM is him not so subtely saying that he is a part of God, as he does say in John some where.

On a seperate note John is, to me, the most interesting of the 4 gospels.

[edit on 30-1-2005 by Ryanp5555]

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Show me two things.. quotes from the bible that say..

Jesus is God

and you must go to church.

To me him saying before Abraham I AM means he is more holy then Abraham, he is closer to god, and he should be respected and followed before Abraham.

I also agree Jesus is part of god, as I am part of my father. As we are all part of God the creator.

[edit on 30-1-2005 by Xerrog]

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
okay, turn your bible to the same book, John, chapter 20 verse 28... but i will give you the whole story starting at verse 24 ending at 29.

Thomas, called Didymus, one of the Twelve, was not with them when Jesus came. So the other disciples said to him, "We have seen the Lord." But he said to them, "Unless I see the mark of the nails in his hands and put my finger into the nailmarks and put my hand into his side, I will not believe." Now a week later his disciples were again inside and Thomas was with them. Jesus came, although the doors were locked, and stood in their midst and said, "Peace be with you." THen he said to THomas, "Put your finger here and see my hands and bring your hand and put it into my side and do not be unbelieving, but believe." Thomas answered and said to him, "My Lord and my GOD!" Jesus said to him, "Have you come to believe because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and have believed."

He calls him my lord and my God to his face and then Jesus goes on to confirm this when he states those who believe without seeing are blessed. Through out the entire book of John he speaks of how he and the Father are one. Here i will show you another one, but this would be a lot longer to quote the entire section out, so i will start at John Chapter 14:5-9

Thomas said to him, "Master, we do not know where you are going; how can we know the way?" Jesus said to him, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you know me, then you will also know my Father. From now on you do know him and have seen him." Philip said to him, "Master, show us the Father, and that will be enough for us." Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you for so long a time and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father?'"

I dont know if it gets any more clear than that. However, I don't believe you must go to church to enter into heaven, i personally believe if you read the bible and educate your own self on Jesus and what it means to be a Good person and a follower of Jesus you will be fine... which also means you must have a relationship with Jesus. He even states himself that under every stone you will find him. God is everywhere, he isn't only in Church, and I dont think it really matters, although i do go to Church every Sunday and i enjoy it.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
quote:
Are you greater than our father Abraham, who died? Jesus answered, "If I glorify myself my glory is worth nothing; but it is my Father who glorifies me of whom you say, "He is our God." You do not know him, but I know him. And if I should say that I do not know him, I would be like you a liar. But i do know him and I keep his word. Abraham your father rejoiced to see my day; he saw it and was glad." So the Jews said to him, "You are not yet fifty years old and you have seen Abraham?" Jesus said to them, "Amen, amen I say to you, before Abraham cam to be, I AM." So they picked up stones to throw at him; but Jesus hid and went out of the temple area.

why would the jews say you are not yet 50? he had to be less than 33 at that time, so why pull the age of 50 out of thin air? that passage always troubled me.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
because 50 was old and they someone who was that old couldn't say they knew Abraham, yet he claimed to know Abraham.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   
if jesus is god then who was he preying to on the cross to forgive us for our sins.

himself???

ice

[edit on 6-2-2005 by icecool121]

[edit on 6-2-2005 by icecool121]

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Heres some passages about Jesus being God.

Matt 11:27 (All power given to Jesus)
Matt 12:8 (Jesus the lord of the sabbath)
Matt 28:18 (al power in heaven to jesus)
Jude 1:5 (Jesus brought his peple out of Egypt)
*Acts 4:12 (No other name we must be saved by)
Romans 9:5 (Jesus over all things)
Phill 2:5 (Being God takng he orm of a servant)
Phill 2:10 (every knee in haven bow to jesus)

He never sinned

Peter 2:22
hebrews 4:15

there are many many other passages that would take me a long time to write that says he is God and that he is the only
way to be saved.

peace./

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by tiddly54
im just wondering how the person who is to be the second jesus will know who thay are? jesus was born to a normal woman (except she was virgin) but how did he know he was son of god? i expect seond jesus to be born on earth how will they know to lead humanuty into whatever what signs to look for to tell if you are second jesus? does any one out there think they are jesus or prophet or know anyone that is?

[edit on 21-1-2005 by tiddly54]

If by second Jesus born on earth you mean the false Jesus then that person shall know his role early on he shall be instilled with the presence of Lucifer and a guide shall come before him to lead him along the way, he shall be accompained as per the word that the Antichrist and the false prophet are both mentioned and Lucifer is still on the side line throughout. He only posseses the antichrist when he thinks victory has come.

[edit on 6/2/2005 by drbryankkruta]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join