It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Clinton: 10,000 Syrian refugees could be settled in Detroit.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Yeah...Im here in the largest Middle Eastern part of America: Eastborn-East Dearborn, MIchigan. Im working everyday all day with all different nationalities here. 10,000 wont fit. They will keep coming though...

Ive been told by Yemenis, Arabians, Egyptians, Iraqis, Lebanese, Palestinians, Iranians, Syrians...you name it. Everyone says move to America. Everything is free. Assistance, houses cheap cheap for a few grand in property back taxes, food assistance, $$$...and they drive super nice cars when they get here.

And a huge majority have no drivers licenses...but they buy nice Caddy's and Benz's, new Chyrslers, Mercedes...and go to the City Center once a month to get the "Is this where you pick up the free food at?" (In their Caddy CTS or Lexus)

There are homes here in bad and worse neighborhoods...but they know a couple thousand in taxes and its theirs...then they move over more family and buy more houses. They know the system....

But 10,000? There arent THAT many liveable due to needing to be brought up to code in the city to get an occupancy permit to rent or buy. And they prefer Hamtramak if they cant get Dearborn or Dearborn Heights.

I had 3 Muslim woman today in my vehicle...spoke not a word of english and I could only see their eyes. Their homes are $250 K+....Ill never live in one like that....

Im getting used to it in my Emergency job...and learning a few phrases in Arabic is helping too. All of them admittingly are very very nice...but I doubt Bill C. knows his numbers...far from it.

And I ought to know
edit on 29-8-2016 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Yeah, i'm sure that'll work wonders for the Mogadishu-like Detroit

Valid comparison.

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Detroit's infamous Packard Plant:

It's worth seeing the history of the place, videos showing it in its glory.

Some pretty sick rave parties used to be thrown there semi-regularly back in the late 90's. Definitely one of the coolest places such a party was ever thrown. It wasn't so war torn then. I went to one I just saw the room it was in in the video above. There was this huge 'balloon room'. Rows of tanks. The Detroit City Police showed up and everyone started freaking, but then they went int he gas room, got paid, and they left!

Then there's Detroit's infamous Train Station, although I've never been there.

Behold, prime relics of the aftermath of the black riots + black on white crime inspired "White Flight" of the 60's, and racist corrupt black mayors + liberal de-industrialization agenda many decades running.

One things for sure, D Town is definitely an Urban Explorers / Post-Apocalyptic Film Producers paradise.

final edit: This video I'm watching now is a sick urban explorer video (with great music):

originally posted by: Echo007
That's a good one coming from old Bill. Hes the reason Detroit is in the shape it's in. Bill pushed for and signed into law the NAFTA that allowed GM and other auto makers to move production to Mexico. How about we put American citizens first for once.

Great point. It didn't cause those megaliths above go that route, but it hasn't helped keep them from rotting either.

All the other closings oh noes. The irony NAFTA ships the factories to Mexico, but then despite helping them out down there, but the border had to be kept open to keep the inflow from south of the border. Now that 50 years of Liberal control has "liberated" Detroit of most of its human beings, now they want to ship people from a war torn place (Hillary+Obama created) into that bombed out warzone aftermath.
edit on 29-8-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Cool videos, and the funny part was when he opened the refrigerator and got a blast of putrid air..

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
How can they prove that they are even Syrian?, in Europe there was supposedly no way of confirming where these people are from and hence they opened the flood gates.

A majority it would seem stem from Pakistan, Algeria, Morocco, Libya, Somalia,Eritrea, and I guess they will all claim to be under 18 and they will be firmly in the "Migrant" category rather than Refugee.. You can forget about any vetting process as they will have bugger all paperwork or even a passport.

I guess since they want the USA to become Islamic this will speed the process up as 10000 People say a firm 50/50 split Men/Women will produce on Average 6-8 children which was the average I believe last time I checked for Migrant familys in Europe.

So that 10000 quickly becomes 40000 before you know it and I guess you can see where it will all end........

RA

edit on 29-8-2016 by slider1982 because: added

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Wonderful post, MysteriousStranger. That's what I hear from customers too. I'm thankful that God is protecting the U.S. from multiple major attacks. Perhaps prosperity does soothe the soul, eh? (Hear that Black America?!?!)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Sounds like a Trump plan. Doze it and then maybe deal with it. Well said.

Tell me have you ever remodeled homes for a living?

NOW:

Have you ever been there?

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: intrepid

Sounds like a Trump plan. Doze it and then maybe deal with it. Well said.

Tell me have you ever remodeled homes for a living?

You mean neighborhoods? No.

NOW:

Have you ever been there?

To Detroit? Yes. It's 4 hours drive from here. Your point?

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Me disagree. I am in Detroit (and flint ) often and where there are people with money , there are people willing to work .

I'm not saying an influx of refugees would nexessarily be bad.. But wher will they work? There's plenty of people I Detroit, if there are jobs to be had should they not go to current residents?

We are not all lazy around these parts . I know plenty of laborer on flint who drive to Detroit for work.

a reply to: MrSpad

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Drop them off with some food in a ghost city in Africa and let them rebuild their own government.

Not here.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Ive had to adapt to their ways to treat medical emergencies. In some cases, a male family member MUST be present or go out with the women no matter where they go.

They would rather bleed to death and wait for me to radio ahead for a female tech asap...than to let a man treat them.

Some women also wont roll their window down if stopped by police. They will call home 1st and wait for some male family member to get there.

But back on topic, there really arent 10,000 homes ready to move in...as in inspected state up to code for sale, rent or to buy.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

My point...

You know that car insurance term "Totaled"? The one which goes that if the repairs are more than the value of the car they send it off to the scrap yard.

My point is that much / most of these Detroit houses in question Are Totaled. They were 20 years ago.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Horrible idea aside, why on earth would we let them in in the first place?

That's just 10,000 more people who will find it difficult to find gainful employment, the language barrier alone would be a nightmare. So that's 10,000 more frustrated people who will undoubtedly report to the nearest social services office to apply for economy sucking "benefits". 10,000 more people who may be put in harm's way by an already "suspicious and alert population" who hover just above terrorist threat condition orange.

And what of the people who remain in Detroit already? Does he think, at present, that Detroit or any other city for that matter can absorb and provide for 10,000 more people without taking away from those that are already there? That there won't be animosity and anger from those that are struggling to make it day to day?

Long gone are the days of Ellis Island and the "American Dream"...

That's why the founders clearly stated that we should NOT meddle in foreign conflicts. Now, because of DISASTROUS foreign policies, we must absorb the fallout along with the what? Shi##y GDP growth? 20+ trillion deficit? Crumbling infrastructure? Close to 50 million on food stamps? Sky high rent/gas? Service jobs instead of skilled employment? Educational debt slavery? Food prices that won't allow for a healthy diet? An out of nowhere racial divide all the sudden? And on and on and on...

Screw us, the American citizens! Let's focus on making the situation exponentially WORSE!!! YAAAAYYY!!

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I can't believe that worthless pos completely ignores the hundred of thousands of poor americans already living in Detroit who woukd love to own a home, get a good job and recieve the support needed to make it work.

This is what the Clinton's and most white democrats have always thought of the poor black communities and always will.

They don't want to give a real hand up to self sufficiency. They want to continue small handouts to continue perpetual dependancy.
edit on 30-8-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Great idea.
They are fleeing one war zone and find themselves in another.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Um, are they retarded?

Detroit could SLAUGHTER 10,000 refugees. They wouldnt even let them leave. Seriously.

Try starting ANYTHING there. They'll kill you and feel as bad as most do when they drop a perfectly good lolly pop.

Also, it doesnt matter how much they move populations around. They messed up. Made a mistake. Bad call. All of it. You are losing. Just stop. Its only going to get worse.

This double down ideology when things arent working out is text book moronic.

Just go away, and enjoy the fact that you can make a little PRIVATE world how ever the hell you want. These people will NEVER rule the world at large.

They are not worthy, and so will NEVER be the ones to unite the world. Especially under anyones banner for anything less than noble.

Its a lost cause. Go to Brazil, recycle your own feces and die after a happy life as little princes of a former colony. Thats all you will ever get.

Power is not well retained by those who do not inspire followers to thrust them into throwns.
Power is always too elusive for those who never secured it for themselves outright.

Ancient kings will rise again and be scornful to usurpers. Thats just my tit bit.

edit on 8 30 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Sending them to Detroit. America's Beirut. What a plan.

Well, if they don't get gunned down by drug lords or get their houses torched on devil's night, I suppose a few hardy refugees could scratch a life out. Just don't drink the water. Unless they are affiliated with ISIS. Then, by all means.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Good points! Also, what resources will Clinton-Obama provide to these refugees for them to refurbish the homes? Will they give each of them a $50,000 taxpayer-funded voucher to use for a government approved Home Renovation company? (As was done for hurricane Katrina and Sandy victims.)

The Syrian do-it-yourselfers would probably be entitled to a $50,000 Home Depot gift card, along with a Free I-Pad for viewing Home Renovation instruction videos on YouTube.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Soooo..

Does this mean that they will rename Detroit 'New Aleppo'

What a seriously retarded idea. Like SERIOUSLY so.

How's about we work with Russia to help restore peace back in Syria so they can all go back home again?

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I thought that Detroit was a city in decline, with all sorts of problems. How does chucking 10,000 people with no understanding of American society, actually help Detroit?

This type of social experiment is just the type of thing that has led to myriad problem elsewhere.

The question should be... "Would 10,000 migrants from deeply different cultures improve Detroit's future prospects as an American city"?

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   
So lets give houses to foreigners that the banksters foreclosed on Americans? Great idea Bill, your a genius! Where is the Clinton Foundations cut in all this, cause you know its there and its a big one.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join