It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag:

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: 123143
Kaepernick should be booted out of the NFL, the ungrateful bastard.

They don't have to boot him. His lack of ability to play is taking care of that.

I'm glad to hear it. I don't know anything about his talent or, rather, lack thereof.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Only thing I do is skip the "one nation under god" bit, that part has no business being there and isn't even a part of the original pledge, and spits in the face of separation of church and state.
edit on 8/28/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DerekJR321
Just remember how many people fought and died so you can sit there and be all high and mighty and burn your flag.

I love people like you. I'm not going to tell you to leave America if you hate it so much. Just go visit some other nations. See how they have it. Then come back here and tell me how much you HATE this country. Go to Germany and burn their flag. Go to Iran and burn theirs. Go to Zimbabwe and burn their flag and tell them how horrible THEY are.

Oh wait... people like you won't do that. You're just happy to sit behind your computer screen, proudly proclaiming yourself a "social justice warrior".

Pathetic.

So Derek,

Did those soldiers die for the flag, or did they die for our Rights? A flag is a simple piece of dyed cloth used to distinguish one belligerent from another in battle...Battle Standards. Recognizing and respecting each other's Rights is what made this country great. People like to associate whatever symbol they choose to the flag. Some of us don't need a physical symbol to remind us of our individual rights and we resent the fact that we are expected to salute an inanimate object and pledge to it as though it were a living entity. Why should we have to honor your traditions. They are your traditions, not ours.

So if a soldier fights to protect the flag, then that soldier is fighting for their own cause. If a soldier fights to defend the Rights of American citizens, then they are fighting for freedom. Don't confuse the two. It will only lead you into frustration.
edit on 28-8-2016 by BELIEVERpriest because: proof reading

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

Taking a stand against racism my arse..

This is what went ahead of his decision to "go public":

The former Super Bowl starting quarterback's decision to go public comes while he is fighting for his football life with the 49ers, who drafted him in the second round in 2011.He lost his starting job last season after being one of the most promising players in the NFL during his run under former coach Jim Harbaugh.

Over the past few months, his relationship with management has turned sour. He requested a trade last spring, which never came.

You mean to tell me that this super rich dude who have never previously shown any real interest in using his fame or wealth to raise awareness of the subject all of a sudden goes totally SJW and it has nothing to do with the above?

Yeah right.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
How to destroy a nation from within, well you get people like Colin Kaepernick and other stupid people to do the job for you, starting with the nations patriotic symbols

No standing to salute the flag, burning the flag is the same as wagging war against the nations principles, no the government, anybody that do that is not fighting the government at all, is just acting stupid in favor of those that careless what this nations stands for.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I agree that flag burning is stupid, but since the supposed principles the country espouses most is freedom, technically one could argue flag burning actually espouses the principals of liberty on which we stand more than anything else.

In most countries flag burning is a crime, in some a capital offense. What few countries besides ours are so free they can burn their own flag in protest without fear of punishment.

Still stupid, but arguable one of the greatest way we as citizens can represent freedom.

Burning the flag is a great many things but against this nations principals is not one of them. Unless of course we're full of # on that.

*looks at our rate of incarceration*

Oh right we are full of #.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I am baffled by the fact that your backing him on this totally illogical PC crap that being spewed at us from all angles including misguided pro athletes who get paid 12 million a year to sit on the bench.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

People needs to understand that the government we have today is the sole responsibility of us the voters in this nation, we have allowed administrations to create the nation of today, with their policies, their laws, their legislations, while we stand on the side lines waiting for another election day to change what already is too late to change.

Nations symbols have nothing to do with how this nation have gotten the way it's today, our elected politicians are the ones that had done that.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

originally posted by: DerekJR321
Just remember how many people fought and died so you can sit there and be all high and mighty and burn your flag.

I love people like you. I'm not going to tell you to leave America if you hate it so much. Just go visit some other nations. See how they have it. Then come back here and tell me how much you HATE this country. Go to Germany and burn their flag. Go to Iran and burn theirs. Go to Zimbabwe and burn their flag and tell them how horrible THEY are.

Oh wait... people like you won't do that. You're just happy to sit behind your computer screen, proudly proclaiming yourself a "social justice warrior".

Pathetic.

So Derek,

Did those soldiers die for the flag, or did they die for our Rights? A flag is a simple piece of dyed cloth used to distinguish one belligerent from another in battle...Battle Standards. Recognizing and respecting each other's Rights is what made this country great. People like to associate whatever symbol they choose to the flag. Some of us don't need a physical symbol to remind us of our individual rights and we resent the fact that we are expected to salute an inanimate object and pledge to it as though it were a living entity. Why should we have to honor your traditions. They are your traditions, not ours.

So if a soldier fights to protect the flag, then that soldier is fighting for their own cause. If a soldier fights to defend the Rights of American citizens, then they are fighting for freedom. Don't confuse the two. It will only lead you into frustration.

Does the word RESPECT mean anything to you?

No, I guess not. People like you will exercise your rights under the banner of freedom, but everyone who fought under it so you can spew your garbage can go to hell, right?

Schweinhund.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Oh I agree we need to take responsibility. But flag burning is still not against the countries principals.

Sitting back and allowing for things like being number one on incarceration and having the audacity to call our country the land of the free, however is.

Bitching about flag burning is like bitching about a splinter while someone is punching you repeatedly in the face.

We have a lot of work to do.

Bitching about flag burning or not saying the pledge isn't one of them.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: 123143

Which is more disrespectful using the rights which people fought to protect, or bitching at people for exercising those rights?

Did they fight to protect rights and if so, how dare you bitch at people for exercising the rights people fought and died for?

Then again, that to is a right they fought and died for, so go ahead. I won't stop you, but the hypocrisy is oozing all over in this thread.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Well, does respect mean anything to you? Why should a student be forced to say the pledge of allegiance? Why should I be looked down upon just because I don't practice your customs? I'm not the one being disrespectful here. Its disrespectful to pretend that everyone has to believe in your personal vision.

Burning flags is disrespectful, and I don't do it because its childish. I simply choose not to own a flag.
edit on 28-8-2016 by BELIEVERpriest because: added point

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
You people are a disgrace.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Believe what you want. It's a free country, supposedly.

Whole hell of a lot of people trying to change that though, in our government doing much worse to destroy our freedoms then flag burning.

But don't you worry while your bitching about a bunch of punks burning flags, that right'll be taken away too and you won't have to worry about it as all them damn hippy flag burners add to our insane rate of incarceration in the land of the free.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   
The pledge might have merit if it hadn't been altered from it's original wording and salute.

Back to the days of no god mention, and a Hitler salute, I say! If y'all want to be traditionalists, do it right the first time and don't tweak it.

Or just don't put stock into something that malleable. Your choice.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Well, let me know when your done being offended, and maybe then we can have a grown-up conversation.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Man, I've known a lot of bad judges but why work for the government if you don't believe in it? How duplicitous! I can't imagine anyone down here in the south not putting his hand over his heart and pledging allegiance-they would get dirty looks-and as the heat rose-I can assure you fists would fly. That's just how they do things down here in redneck country-and they're proud rednecks. I feel safe around them and would want them to fight for my country. Yes, I am ready for the coming revolution; safe in the deep south, God's country.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

However reluctantly, I'm forced to agree.

However I am free to express my contempt. Consider it expressed.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Yep and that dude is too.

Douchebag has a $100 mil 5 yr contract and is bitching about racist america.

He's adopted by a white family and a mulatto like obama.

I guess he can afford to be an asshole.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Especially against the Seahawks...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join