It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag:

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

originally posted by: chr0naut
a reply to: searcherfortruth

It's a piece of cloth.

And the constitution is just a piece of paper.

It really is.
But the point is the theory and doctrines of Contract Law. Do these ideas matter?

They do matter indeed. This country was founded by slave owners, damn straight it matters.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Or you might have to watch my back because I never pretend to be anything other than a religious believer.

Sad world where we have to talk about that stuff in the face of this crap.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: searcherfortruth

It's a piece of cloth.

It really is.
But the point is the theory and doctrines of Contract Law. Do these ideas matter?

They do matter indeed. This country was founded by slave owners, damn straight it matters.

Well then if it's that bad, why should he have exercised that freedom of speech that Founders wrote in?

They're a bunch of dirty racists and you basically just tarred the entire Founding. If everything they touched is illegitimate for that, then Kap has no business thinking he's protesting anything. He has no freedom of speech. He ought to deny that.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: DBCowboy

Or you might have to watch my back because I never pretend to be anything other than a religious believer.

Sad world where we have to talk about that stuff in the face of this crap.

It's a sad world indeed.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Today we protect the OP being a jerk.

Yes.

He has the right to spew his whiny rhetoric.

Tis true..

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Some of this I understand. You should not be forced to say the Pledge of Allegience. you should use that momnemt, if you like, to sit in contemplative silence. Especially in schools.

But the full idea of what you propose is really too much, it is offensive. Not ilegal, but why would one want to do all that?

Every thing I wrote was tongue in cheek satire, if you want to get yourself in a tizzy over it be my guest, the fact remains that if you believe the Constitution is what this country stands for then right there at the top, look it up. I will be writing some other pieces soon that you can take a flame thrower too, also.

I have the right to my opinion and the soldiers that have fought for my rights, including my Uncles and Cousins, have been grossly mistreated by the very country they have served.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Nice picture.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

HARD world ,get used to it.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

a reply to: SLAYER69

Nice picture.

Nice rant.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaynkeel

Off to burn my flag now, as is, also, my right if I so choose.

Why be so douchy about it and just keep it to yourself then. Or is it attention you crave? Smh the douchbaggery is rampant these days. Wa Wa Wa me me me..

So your freedom of speech is guaranteed, but mine isn't? George Carlin made a living telling the USA to FO. I simply wrote something that is my right to do so, insults, no problem, but go look in the mirror if you want a douch.

Never said my freedom of speech is better than yours, nice try. I am not the one whining on an internet board about needing to go burn a flag or grab my crotch during the pledge, but yes I will call out a douchebag move when I see one.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

It's a piece of cloth.

It really is.

But the piece of paper has words that define some limitations upon the law and its application. A flag doesn't.

There is no actual definition of what a flag 'stands for', just the implication that it stands for 'something'. In essence this means that it could actually stand for anything that crosses the mind of the observer of the flag and that would be OK.

(I keep wanting to make jokes about how certain politicians don't seem to know how to put on a toupee the right way around, or perhaps it is an embedded tribble, slowly eating his brain. But that would be too partisan. I don't like Hillary either, it's just she's not as funny).

edit on 28/8/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I too am entitled to my beliefs under the same first amendment rights that hold so dear, and I believe you sir are an ass.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
You don't have to respect the flag if you don't want to. But you don't have to disrespect it either. If you don't want to pledge allegiance then don't. But you don't have to stand on it or burn it just to make your sad little point. If you really need to sit down, like when you pee, go ahead. The National Anthem and the flag will do just fine without you.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Kaepernick should be booted out of the NFL, the ungrateful bastard.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Let his fans sort him out.

I don't see the big deal, really.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Its your right to refuse to salute the flag and to refuse to speak the "pledge" without having to explain yourself. Its also your right to speak up. Anyone who doesn't like that should re-read the Bill of Rights.

Personally, I don't salute inanimate objects, much less pledge oaths to them. Alot of Christians pledge to the flag...but didn't Jesus tell us not to sware by anything? Let yes, be yes and no, be no.
edit on 28-8-2016 by BELIEVERpriest because: typo

Not all of us are initiated into the American Flag Cult. Some of us have our own independent ideas.
edit on 28-8-2016 by BELIEVERpriest because: typos

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Out of all the things he could have done to make his point, he does the thing least likely to make him allies. Politically, he is an idiot. BLM publicity shoots itself in the foot again.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: 123143
Kaepernick should be booted out of the NFL, the ungrateful bastard.

They don't have to boot him. His lack of ability to play is taking care of that.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Just remember how many people fought and died so you can sit there and be all high and mighty and burn your flag.

I love people like you. I'm not going to tell you to leave America if you hate it so much. Just go visit some other nations. See how they have it. Then come back here and tell me how much you HATE this country. Go to Germany and burn their flag. Go to Iran and burn theirs. Go to Zimbabwe and burn their flag and tell them how horrible THEY are.

Oh wait... people like you won't do that. You're just happy to sit behind your computer screen, proudly proclaiming yourself a "social justice warrior".

Pathetic.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I'm not in a tizzy at all.

Those words, that flag, the document called the Constitution, mean something dear to me.

I understand that the world has changed for you and me, and some of those liberties and ideals are not nearly so apparent as they were in the past. A person can stand in support and do their best to honor those ideals, or they can denigrate them. We don't live in a simple world, but a complex one, where politics and socialization seem to take precedence over the concepts upon which the country was founded.

I completely and without rancor support your right to think about them and express your dissent however you please. Those rights are guaranteed by the First Amendment to the Constitution. Burn, baby, Burn.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join