It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag:

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
In honor of the first amendment and a salute to Colin Kaepernick, I have refused to stand before, but since I am not a world class athlete nobody really gave a crap and barely noticed. Oh well, what the hell, here is my first rewrite for the masses, soon more to follow. Off to burn my flag now, as is, also, my right if I so choose.

No Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag:

“I do not pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under no God, divisible, without liberty and justice for some.”

Should be rendered by sitting or standing at attention facing away from the flag with the right hand over the crotch.

When not in uniform men should not remove any non-religious headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the mouth.

People in uniform should scream, face away from the flag and render the middle finger salute.

Members of the Disarmed Forces not in uniform and veterans, may render the middle finger salute in the manner provided for people in uniform.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

It's a piece of cloth.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

It's a piece of cloth.

Might as well be Betsy Ross's panties! Probably what she made the first one from.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Perspective.

I love my country, I hate my government.

Good luck!

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
In one of my cases, a small battle over a big injunction, I actually wrote a motion asking the judge to pledge allegiance to the flag.

He denied it and threatened me with contempt and sanctions.

He also said the constitution is too old and doesn't apply anymore.

I already knew the game so I wanted to reveal the Truth to everyone in the courtroom. My plan succeeded.

It's my most unimportant case, but I'm fighting it in the Supreme Court now (pro se), and I think it'll be a very easy win, just a lot of work.

That's my pledge of allegiance story for ya. I found a judge who won't say it.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Off to burn my flag now, as is, also, my right if I so choose.

Why be so douchy about it and just keep it to yourself then. Or is it attention you crave? Smh the douchbaggery is rampant these days. Wa Wa Wa me me me..

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

It's a piece of cloth.

And the constitution is just a piece of paper.

It really is.
But the point is the theory and doctrines of Contract Law. Do these ideas matter?

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Some of this I understand. You should not be forced to say the Pledge of Allegience. you should use that momnemt, if you like, to sit in contemplative silence. Especially in schools.

But the full idea of what you propose is really too much, it is offensive. Not ilegal, but why would one want to do all that?

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
*sigh* Some days I hate what this country has become with a passion. So many people who so obviously hate everything to do with it, but for some reason, they refuse to just leave even though they often speak about how awesome so many of the other countries are compared to this one.

And then they do d-baggery like this.

Why not just leave? Go to those other places.

Let me have what I grew up with and still love. I'll send the politicians with you.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
No, screw you.
edit on 28-8-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Colin Kaepernick?

Never heard of her.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Free speech is about unpopular, often ugly speech.

If we can't defend ugly speech, then we don't deserve the freedoms we have.

Sorry, but as distasteful as the OP is, he has a right that should be defended.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

That is true. I only asked why he would want to do all that, but he is perfectly free to do so. That is the crux of what this country is based on. He can. You are right.

(not sure about the turning around and screaming...that might disrupt too much..but I see his point).
edit on 28-8-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

Colin Kaepernick?

Never heard of her.

That man there, Slayer, lost his legs to protect what the OP is saying. And I think that man knows it.

That man separates the whiners from the true meaning of being an American.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

It's not about telling them they can't so much as it is the same feeling I get when I have my 5-year-old sitting in the back seat complaining about everything ... sometimes things that happened weeks ago!

I can't just turn around and scream shut up at the kid, but I get so tired of hearing it.

Nothing but complaints, over things that happened so long ago and can't be changed now ... blah, blah, blah ... and then they rumble around and protest like it only just happened.

Seriously, get a grip. No one is saying we shouldn't learn from it, but can we please put the past in the past and go forward to something new and better?

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

That man there, Slayer, lost his legs to protect what the OP is saying. And I think that man knows it.

That man separates the whiners from the true meaning of being an American.

"I'll fight and die for your right to hate me and what I stand for"

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
It's kinda pathetic that so many people care what stupid jocks have to say about anything in the first place.

He's not even good at his "jockness" without a gimmick offense--one that defenses are all onto now. If he even still has a job in a month, he's just going to be on his back more than his feet.

Then when he gets released, he'll blame on it the NFL's "white ownership". You know, the people he's been cashing checks from this whole time.

What a retard.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
It's kinda pathetic that so many people care what stupid jocks have to say about anything in the first place.

He's not even good at his "jockness" without a gimmick offense--one that defenses are all onto now. If he even still has a job in a month, he's just going to be on his back more than his feet.

Then when he gets released, he'll blame on it the NFL's "white ownership". You know, the people he's been cashing checks from this whole time.

What a retard.

No one would care except he did something the barking seal class approves of.

If he made his protest against BLM or in favor of gun ownership rights ... do you think anyone in the press would have given this any word count?

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaynkeel

Off to burn my flag now, as is, also, my right if I so choose.

Why be so douchy about it and just keep it to yourself then. Or is it attention you crave? Smh the douchbaggery is rampant these days. Wa Wa Wa me me me..

So your freedom of speech is guaranteed, but mine isn't? George Carlin made a living telling the USA to FO. I simply wrote something that is my right to do so, insults, no problem, but go look in the mirror if you want a douch.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Today we protect the OP being a jerk.

Tomorrow, you may have to protect me because I said something about Hillary.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join