It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never heard of these guys....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Has anyone heard of the Acheronian Resistance? I heard a few guys joking about it when i was on the bus on transit to Salt Lake City. I really didn't hear anything, but if anyone else knows anything, please let me know.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Sounds like something from a Robert E. Howard book.

Do I get a cookie?

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I hve only recently heard of the AR. It supposed to be a secret society to combat the Illuminati or something like that. I think they have a website, but you'lle have to let me find it....

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Step 1 In Battling The Illuminati:
Don't make it obvious.

Announcing it as your intention makes you into a front group, now doesn't it.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Maybe... erm... what did these fine young men look like that were talking about this Acheronian Resistance?

Look at this site for a minute...

www.deathmetal.com...

There is one thing at the bottom reffering to some Order of the Evil Eye, I wonder what that is.

[edit on 28-1-2005 by Torus]

Hmmm, maybe some of these people have an answer for you.
biphome.spray.se...

[edit on 29-1-2005 by Torus]

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Here's what I found using google for acheron:

The name of one of the five rivers (occasionally also regarded as a lake) that flow through the realm of Hades. The name means "river of woe", and is often metaphorically used for Hades itself. Here the shades are ferried across by Charon. (Virgil VI, 107).

There's also some satanic rock group called acheron.

Some kind of satinic risitance?

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Emperor Napoleon
I hve only recently heard of the AR. It supposed to be a secret society to combat the Illuminati or something like that. I think they have a website, but you'lle have to let me find it....

What a novel idea. A group formed to "combat" a group that no longer exists! And with a WEB-SITE no less. Only in America....

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by senrak
What a novel idea. A group formed to "combat" a group that no longer exists! And with a WEB-SITE no less. Only in America....

Could you tell us how you know the Illuminati no longer exist.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by kpatrickm

Originally posted by senrak

Could you tell us how you know the Illuminati no longer exist.

The ATS Search function will turn up NUMEROUS posts on this age-old, worn-out subject.

Also a Google search will help, if one uses discerning judgement as to what's legitimate and what's posted by whack-o conspiracists. Here's a good one for starters:

www.masonicinfo.com...

Regards

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Torus

Look at this site for a minute...

www.deathmetal.com...

Looks like somebody did not get enough hugs when they were little.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE metal music, but the whole Satanism thing really is a turn-off. Check out Killswitch Engage for some good positive uplifting metal (sounds like an oxymoron doesn't it?!
).

[edit on 1/29/05 by The Axeman]

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   
What's up with the edit button?!?!

Anyways just thought I might give an example or two. Couldn't find a link to the second one but this has got to be my favorite song:

"When Darkness Falls" by Killswitch Engage

As you walk the path of least resistance
Is it as simple as you claim it to be?
Your tongue, your eyes
Your lies, they do decieve you

I stand firm in my solidarity
The path I walk, I walk it with my own resolve
When darkness falls we are reborn
Our dream since the fall of man
We are reborn

My beliefs are not antiquated
We are the hope
Silence them all with not just words
Let resolution be our voice

I stand firm in my solidarity
The path I walk, I walk it with my own resolve
We are reborn

We are the remnant
We the remnant will silence them all
We are the faithful
We the faithful will silence them all

We are reborn

Now how much better is that than some dude screaming about hate and how cool Satan is?

[edit on 1/30/05 by The Axeman]

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I'll vouge for KSE damn good stuff great guitar work and it's more than metal i'd say while it does have some "screaming" it's only in between melodic singing and their singer is awesome. their new one anyway

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Maybe it is the rise of a new movement similar to this one...
www.google.com...
One can hope anyway...

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianConspirator
I'll vouge for KSE damn good stuff great guitar work and it's more than metal i'd say while it does have some "screaming" it's only in between melodic singing and their singer is awesome. their new one anyway

Oh yeah dude, Joel and Adam are the masters.

"Screaming" is probably an understatement haha. While Howard is my favorite of the two vocalists, Jesse Leach was very good too. I just love the way their lyrics are so positive and spiritual while the music is some of the most brutal out there. Love it.

Twitchy, that's nice dude.

So what, this new "movement", seeing as it's Satanic, would be to Christianity what the Anti-Mason Party was to Masons? I don't quite see what you're geting at there guy.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordNick9
Has anyone heard of the Acheronian Resistance? I heard a few guys joking about it when i was on the bus on transit to Salt Lake City. I really didn't hear anything, but if anyone else knows anything, please let me know.

I suspect intrepid may be closest to the truth - Archeron is a Plane in the Dungeons & Dragons universe, said to be similar to a huge military camp. I can imagine a Resistance movement in a world like that.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Axeman

Originally posted by CanadianConspirator

Oh yeah dude, Joel and Adam are the masters.

"Screaming" is probably an understatement haha. While Howard is my favorite of the two vocalists, Jesse Leach was very good too. I just love the way their lyrics are so positive and spiritual while the music is some of the most brutal out there. Love it.

Twitchy, that's nice dude.

So what, this new "movement", seeing as it's Satanic, would be to Christianity what the Anti-Mason Party was to Masons? I don't quite see what you're geting at there guy.

WOW! HOLD ON! The AR is not satanic. Actually it is quite the opposite. They call themselves Acheronian to represent their opposition to the illuminati. That is the ONLY reason. They are actually extremely christian. Believe me. i am trying to get initiated myself.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   

WOW! HOLD ON! The AR is not satanic. Actually it is quite the opposite. They call themselves Acheronian to represent their opposition to the illuminati. That is the ONLY reason. They are actually extremely christian. Believe me. i am trying to get initiated myself.

OK, so pony up some info dude. If you know enough to be looking to be initiated (which I hope you wouldn't be if you knew nothing or very little about the order), then be a sport and drop some knowledge on us. The only things that have come up so far are a death metal band's webpage and references to D&D.

Secondly, how can there be opposition to an organization that does not exist? What are their goals, and how do they expect to fight the Illuminati? If, and I stress IF there is an Illuminati still around (I would refer you to Senrak's post above), what kinds of things could this so-called Archeronian Resistance do to stop them?

I'm not bustin' your chops here, I'm being serious.

[edit on 2/1/05 by The Axeman]

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Axeman

OK, so pony up some info dude. If you know enough to be looking to be initiated (which I hope you wouldn't be if you knew nothing or very little about the order), then be a sport and drop some knowledge on us. The only things that have come up so far are a death metal band's webpage and references to D&D.

Secondly, how can there be opposition to an organization that does not exist? What are their goals, and how do they expect to fight the Illuminati? If, and I stress IF there is an Illuminati still around (I would refer you to Senrak's post above), what kinds of things could this so-called Archeronian Resistance do to stop them?

I'm not bustin' your chops here, I'm being serious.

[edit on 2/1/05 by The Axeman]

First of all, the illuminati does exist. If you negate that, then maybe you should do some research. And I am not just talking about reading a few conspiracy sites. Their is actually a documented history of the Illuminati and its sub orders, such as the Ordo Templi Orientis, going up till the 1980's. After that, sources say that it disolved, but really their is no evidence of this. The information concerning the Illuminati just stops. It is impossible to find any information concerning the order after the 1980's.(unless you include OrdenIlluminati.com, there a guy says he recreated the order in Spain and he references the order in the U.S., but i am still trying to find someone to actually credit that site.) You can think what you want about this.

The AR, according to my knowledge, was designed to lead an army against the forces of the beast spoken of in Revelations in the battle of Armageddon. The AR claims that World War III is going to be the last war when the beast will show his ugly head. They also claim to know who will be involved in the war, when it will be, and exactly who will be the beast.

I am still learning about how the order is structured, all I know now is that the Acheron presides over the Order and that he leads a group called the Knights of Celeri(pronounced ‘Keler-i’) THE ORDER IS NOT SATANIC!!! They apparently go by their name to symbolize their opposition to satans unholy orders and his worldly 'pretense of light'.(the illuminati) They also refuse to claim the title of 'enlightened' or light because they believe that only Christ is the light of the world.

I would tell you more, but I really can’t say much… sorry.

If any would like to know more or even maybe become initiated, email this guy.
[email protected]

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Archeron is also sometimes regarded as one of the nine planes of hell...

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   

First of all, the illuminati does exist. If you negate that, then maybe you should do some research. And I am not just talking about reading a few conspiracy sites. Their is actually a documented history of the Illuminati and its sub orders, such as the Ordo Templi Orientis, going up till the 1980's. After that, sources say that it disolved, but really their is no evidence of this. The information concerning the Illuminati just stops. It is impossible to find any information concerning the order after the 1980's.(unless you include OrdenIlluminati.com, there a guy says he recreated the order in Spain and he references the order in the U.S., but i am still trying to find someone to actually credit that site.) You can think what you want about this.

From what I understand (and I very well may be wrong) the O.T.O. is still around, along with another of Crowley's organizations, the A.A. Don't hold me to that I am not sure. Masonic Light would know. As far as the Illuminati, dude, a lack of proof does not constitute proof. Believe me, I think there are some wierd things going on in the world today, but I have seen no evidence of this Illuminati everyone keeps yammering on about, and, contrary to what you have asserted, I have done the research.

I would ask that if you want some credibility you should be able to say more about it than "I really can't say that much. U2U me if you don't want to discuss it in public, that's cool with me, I'm just trying to get info. I'm not going to email anyone, I'm asking you. If you can't give me some info, well then that's cool, it's no big deal, you are the one who wants to be taken seriously here, apparently.

I find it interesting that all the references I can find to "Archeron" or "Acheron" have some connotation to Satan or Hell yet you claim that this is an ultra Christian group. Puzzling. I await your response, and if you have nothing further, that's OK too. I'm just curious. I'm not worried anout the end of the world, I know what side I'm on, and so does He.

[edit on 2/3/05 by The Axeman]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join