It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I created the burkini to give women freedom, not to take it away

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

That's a lie. I would ignore it because you are deliberating misunderstanding liberals' positions on Islam in order to write your condescending threads about us.

I don't agree with Islam criminalizing homosexuality any more than you do, but that is a social issue. Hell, if some Christian groups had their way homosexuality would be criminalized here. Thus that is an issue that can be talked out and discussed with Muslims peacefully. When I talk about Islam being misunderstood, I am talking about people labeling it a religion that breeds terrorism. Such reasoning breeds hate and tears down opportunities to come to an understanding on social issues like the homosexuality issue you are talking about or the burkini issue you brought up in the OP.

YOU and your strawmans about liberals are the problem.
edit on 24-8-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Burkini bans in France have sales of full-body swimsuit soaring, says designer

Australian Aheda Zanetti says controversy in France has sparked interest, particularly from non-Muslim women who want protection from the sun

“I can tell you that online on Sunday, we received 60 orders – all of them non-Muslim,” the 48-year-old from Sydney said. She usually received between 10 and 12 orders on Sundays.

They include messages from cancer survivors and other swimmers who use her lightweight, quick-drying, two-piece garments as protection from the sun.

“A lot of the correspondence ... was that they are survivors of skin cancer and they’ve always been looking for something like this, saying, ‘Thank god we’ve found someone like this producing such a swimsuit,’ ” she said.

Burkini ban good for sales

Sdriuosly. Some of you hardcore rightwingers have more incommon with hardcore islamists than you think. Who are you to decide what a woman should or should not wear on a beach ?
edit on 24-8-2016 by ErrorErrorError because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ware2010

there will never be peace as long as humans are around, blaming this condition on religion is naive and lazy.

as far as money goes i think it perpetuates greed and allows one to hord and hide riches easier, but even if we were on the barter corruption would still run rampant

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

That's a lie. I would ignore it because you are deliberating misunderstanding liberals' positions on Islam in order to write your condescending threads about us.

I don't agree with Islam criminalizing homosexuality any more than you do, but that is a social issue. Hell, if some Christian groups had their way homosexuality would be criminalized here. Thus that is an issue that can be talked out and discussed with Muslims peacefully. When I talk about Islam being misunderstood, I am talking about people labeling it a religion that breeds terrorism. Such reasoning breeds hate and tears down opportunities to come to an understanding on social issues like the homosexuality issue you are talking about or the burkini issue you brought up in the OP.

People aren't labeling anything. They can see the daily horrors brought to us by Islam with their own two eyes. Liberals like you cant get passed your ideological programming and instantly default to making excuses for what you see as a minority, protected group.

originally posted by: DocScurlock1774
a reply to: ware2010

there will never be peace as long as humans are around, blaming this condition on religion is naive and lazy.

:

Even though the people committing the atrocities are open that its about religion. Posts like yours assure me that brainwashing is a real thing.
edit on 24-8-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
a reply to: Grambler

I am a moralist and see good and evil, black-and-white, right and wrong…
I do not need to go through your moral relativism hula hoops to explain why a birqa is good…

If you ever spent an extended time in an Islamic fascist theocracy u would understand what true oppression is…
And Europe is terrified of that oppression coming to their doorstep…

I can only assume you have zero context upon which to base your high-minded liberal opinions on the subject because they are without merit as far as I'm concerned because you have no context…

Again, I understand where you're coming from because I too am a child of the west and once assumed that all people shared my same morality and inherent human kindness…

Sadly that is not the case and my disdain is based upon experience; not philosophical gymnastics wherein i explain away the tendencies of a Stone Age cult to oppress women, homosexuals, and anyone deemed an infidel by their magic moon god of Arabia..

-Christosterone

High minded liberal opinions! Thats a first to be accused of that. I would say I am one of the more conservative members on ATS, but whatever. Try to stick to the arguments rather than name calling, it seems you are not very good at it anyways.

I understand there is tons of oppression that occur in the Islamic world. I have made posts all over ATS criticizing it, and criticizing progressives silence on it. For example, all of the talks of the US being a rape culture is ridiculous, I have said places like Saudi Arabia actually do have a rape culture, and I have made many other posts like this.

You make the mistake of saying "Islam is evil, therefore we must ban anything related to it" This is a joke.

I could go on all day as to why I think you are wrong, but here is the main point. You say that the burkini is a symbol of oppression towards women, and therefore should be banned. The creator of the burkini and many other Muslim women would say they are not being forced to wear this, but are doing so by choice. You claim that they are brainwashed and you know what is best for them.

This is EXACTLY what you accuse Islam of doing to these women. These women have the right to make their own mind up. You can't beat an authoritative mindset that tells women what they can wear by you yourself telling women what they can wear.

Can't you see the danger in this mindset? I assume you are not a fan of the Obama administration (perhaps I am wrong). What if they decide that those of us that are critical of Islam have been brainwashed by a hate filled ideology, and start censoring our expression?

That is why I will always default to personal liberty. It is not the place of the governement or anyone else to tel me or anyone what I can or cannot wear.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
I am very critical of much of the way Islam is practiced, and I have criticized the lefts political correctness in calling out much of the anti-liberal (liberal in the freedom sense not the political one) behavior that occurs in the Islamic world.

However, I think this burkini ban is ridiculous. Banning this is a form of banning freedom of expression, and I am totally against it.

You have to understand the French mentality on this subject.
They have suffered attacks unknown to most of the high societies of the west…

Islamic garb is forced upon women by their oppressive culture and is viewed by many continental Europeans to be a symbol on par with the swastika..

Undoubtedly there were kind, decent Nazis, just as there were kind, decent inquisition era Spaniards, just as there are kind, decent Muslims…

But that does not mean one should or could walk around the beach with a swastika armband, a giant red cross upon a shield, or for our purposes a burqini especially on the heels of such violent attacks in the name of their magic moon god ...

-Christosterone

Actually you are missing something. France has got what some would say are extremely secularist rules about what you can and can't wear as expression of any religion. The burkini is actually banned on many French beaches, just as the burka is banned on the street.

Who is oppressing who? With your high minded western sensibilities YOU are assuming all the women who wear the burka do so because they are forced to. Although I don't doubt that there are times when this is the case (just like some women through peer pressure may wear clothes more revealing than they feel comfortable in), an awful lot of the time it's through free choice.

Comparing it to a Nazi armband is massively erroneous and is part of the problem IMHO.
edit on 24-8-2016 by uncommitted because: typo

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
what if all Muslims converted to Buddhism, i wonder what the world would be like...
but yea. when we think of freedom, expressiveness, creativity of expression.. Islam as a religion, not its practitioners, doenst come to mind.

repression, theocracy, rashness, archaic, violent, is what comes to my mind. when i think of this religion. the critical point here is that, it doesnt matter how many Muslim whom do not condone the violence of the extremist, what is critical is that this religion is such that there is nothing the non violent ones can do about it.
because by law, if they disavow the violence committed in the name of their deity, they are as bad as the infidels to whom the violent acts were against.

if a Muslim openly agrees with Western life style, or takes part in it, i would dare them to go to say, Iran or Afghan and be open about it...

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I think we've got a problem here in France, that is rather complicated and a powder keg at the moment.
It is not because of new immigrants either.

I do not support the birkini ban. The reasons given by the mayors that have done it are that they wish to protect the muslim population from the other french citizens who are hostile against them. I do not know how true that is, really, but even if it is, it illustrates how the government basically gives all rights to whoever is the most violent!

I get very sick of this policy sometimes! Whoever does the most damage and violence gets their way.
That pleases the people when it is their "side" that is burning cars and hurting people, and they hate it when it is "the other side" that does it.

This country always seems to illustrate, for me, both the positive and negative aspects of democracy, in which the majority rules, as long as they stay active.

It is rather thought provoking.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Because this radical Stone Age cult has actually convinced the women(who are the oppressed class in Islamic communities to say nothing of Islamic nation-states) that THEY are responsible for this choice...

Why do you assume that Muslim women aren't smart enough to know what their own choices are? How is it, that you, a non-Muslim person, know better than them what THEY choose? It's really their business, not yours.

So let me get this straight...we are supposed to applaud statements like the following???
"Do I call myself a feminist? Yes, maybe. I like to stand behind my man, but I am the engine, and I choose to be. I want him to take all the credit, but I am the quiet achiever."

You needn't applaud it OR criticize it... Neither do you need to judge it. It's her truth and you should respect that she has her own mind and opinions. Why is it even your concern?

originally posted by: Grambler
Banning this is a form of banning freedom of expression, and I am totally against it.

I am, too!

BenevolentHeretic,

Disclaimer: I find you to be exceedingly bright...

You are, however, too insulated by the high west to truly understand Islamo-fascism...

I wish there was a way I could transplant my experiences to your brain helping you to understand what the burqa actually represents…
From a philosophical standpoint, yes people can wear what they want to wear…

But wearing a burqa is not a choice regardless of the protestations that it is...
The Burka is a child of a societal sociopathy long since bereft of humanity which I know too well and I'm glad that you don't ...

I long for the time when I would've been on your side of the argument and come from a place of high minded liberal ethics believing that all people are inherently good ...

Time and experience robbed me of my naivety and awoke in me the realization that a cult whose sensibilities reside in the Stone Age cannot be beaten by the high west who has long since evolved out of mysticism and supplanted archaic myths with science...

Because now a shadow exists in the world and it is coming to snuff out the light of the west…
And our altruistic sensibilities will find is unequipped to combat such a foe...

-Christosterone

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I'm the problem?

Do tell...

Here is a list of Islamic attacks in the last 30 days..
I'll await with baited breath my role in the attacks...

Thanks in advance

2016.08.23 Thailand Pattani 1 30 One person is killed when Muslim 'separatists' bomb a hotel and massage parlor. 2016.08.22 DRC Kiteya 2 6 Islamists hack two people to death with machetes. 2016.08.21 Cameroon Mora 3 20 A suicide bomber on a motorcycle blows himself up on a bridge, killing three civilians. 2016.08.21 Somalia Galkayo 23 30 Two Shahid suicide car bombers slaughter at twenty-three others, including students. 2016.08.20 Nigeria Kuruburu 10 13 Islamists machine-gun ten villagers and abduct a dozen women. 2016.08.20 Turkey Gaziantep 51 94 A child suicide bomber massacres over fifty people at a wedding, including 22 other children. 2016.08.20 USA Roanoke, VA 0 2 A man and woman are stabbed maliciously by a 'radicalized' man yelling praises to Allah. 2016.08.19 Syria Hasakah 1 0 A 27-year-old man is beheaded by caliphate members. 2016.08.19 Somalia Mogadishu 1 4 A civilian is flattened by a suicide car bomber. 2016.08.19 Pakistan Akora Khattak 2 1 A cleric and his father are gunned down after prayers by Religion of Peace rivals. 2016.08.19 Afghanistan Herat 1 0 A shiite cleric is shot to death by sectarian Jihadis following prayer. 2016.08.19 France Strasbourg 0 1 A rabbi in orthodox clothing is stabbed by a man shouting praises to Allah. 2016.08.19 Iraq Arab Jabour 4 0 Four brothers are slain in their own home by suspected ISIS. 2016.08.19 Egypt al-Arish 1 5 Religious radicals kill a local cop with a bomb. 2016.08.18 Syria Kharita 1 0 A man is stoned to death for adultery. 2016.08.18 Iraq Baiji 12 36 ISIS sends mortar shells into a displaced persons camp, tearing at least a dozen to shreds. 2016.08.18 Iraq Tarmiya 1 8 A bomb blast at a popular market leaves one patron dead. 2016.08.18 Afghanistan Asadabad 3 49 Two children are among three killed when Sunni radicals send mortars into an independence celebration. 2016.08.18 Libya Sirte 19 80 Islamic State suicide bombers exterminate nineteen souls. 2016.08.18 Egypt Rafah 2 0 Fundamentalists murder two men, ages 21 and 23. 2016.08.18 Yemen Lodar 4 4 A Fedayeen suicide car bomber claims four lives. 2016.08.17 Syria Aleppo 7 9 Sunni rockets claim the lives of seven civilians. 2016.08.17 Saudi Arabia Qatif 1 0 Masked Shiite terrorists are suspected of gunning down a local cop. 2016.08.17 Iraq Fallujah 13 0 Thirteen ISIS victims are found bound and tortured to death. 2016.08.17 India Khwajabagh 3 3 Jaish-e-Mohammad cadres ambush a police patrol in the middle of the night, killing three members. 2016.08.17 Iraq Mosul 8 0 Eight parents are executed for refusing to send their children to Islamic State schools. 2016.08.16 Iraq Baghdad 8 22 Three bomb blasts take down eight Iraqis. 2016.08.16 Nigeria Jeman 10 0 Ten civilians in a Christian village are massacred by Fulani terrorists. 2016.08.16 Iraq Rutba 9 17 An ISIS mortar barrage produces nine bodies. 2016.08.16 Saudi Arabia Najran 7 0 Seven Saudis are laid out by a Shiite rocket. 2016.08.15 Pakistan Razaar 2 2 Two local cops are shot to death by Islamic militants. 2016.08.15 Yemen Shoqra 4 6 Four Yemenis are reduced to parts by a Shahid suicide bomber. 2016.08.15 Iraq Baghdad 4 16 Two Mujahideen bomb blasts leave four people dead. 2016.08.15 Iraq Kirkuk 25 0 The Islamic State executes twenty-five civilians by herding them into a booby-trapped house and denotating it. 2016.08.15 Nigeria Gajibo 5 3 Five traders are ambushed in their car and murdered by Boko Haram. 2016.08.15 Iraq Hawija 6 19 A bomb targeting families fleeing the caliphate picks off six members. 2016.08.15 Iraq Mosul 6 0 Six Iraqis are boiled in tar by a caliphate Sharia court. 2016.08.15 India Srinagar 1 8 A man is hit in the head when Muslim militants open fire on a guard detail for a parade. 2016.08.15 Egypt Sinai 3 1 Fundamentalists bomb a water truck, killing three people. 2016.08.14 Nigeria Godogodo 6 0 Six farmers are murdered for refusing to turn over their land to Fulani terrorists. 2016.08.14 Iraq Mosul 3 0 Three young men are burned alive by the caliphate for graffiti. 2016.08.14 Syria Atmeh 32 25 Thirty-two people on a bus are obliterated by an Shahid suicide bomber. 2016.08.14 Afghanistan Baghlan 9 33 Nine local cops lose their lives to a Taliban attack. 2016.08.14 Afghanistan Nuristan 2 0 Two policemen are murdered by Sunni fundamentalists. 2016.08.14 Egypt Sheikh Zuweid 2 7 Two civilians are aerated by shrapnel from an Islamic mortar attack. 2016.08.14 Nigeria Ungwan Mada 2 0 Muslim gunmen murder a young couple in their home. 2016.08.14 Iraq Nineveh 6 0 Six young men are burned at the stake by the Islamic State in front of hundreds. 2016.08.13 DRC Beni 75 0 ADF Islamists hack up to seventy-five people to death with machetes. 2016.08.13 Syria Aleppo 9 22 Two children are among nine civilians cut down in their neighborhood by Sunni shrapnel. 2016.08.13 India Poonch 0 12 Jihadis throw a bomb into a group of Hindu pilgrims at a market. 2016.08.12 Iraq Nineveh 1 0 Another homosexual is flung from a rooftop after 'daring to oppose Allah's Sharia.' 2016.08.12 India Chanchur 2 3 Muslim militants open fire on a shop, killing two people. 2016.08.12 Syria Aleppo 40 0 Forty members of several families are executed in cold blood by al-Nusra. 2016.08.12 Thailand Hua Hin 1 0 Another person is killed at a resort by a bomb blast. 2016.08.12 Thailand Trang 1 6 An 'insurgent' bombing at a market leaves one dead. 2016.08.12 Thailand Shurat Thani 1 3 One person is killed when terrorists bomb a plastics factory. 2016.08.12 Turkey Zekeriyaköy 1 0 Muslim conservatives are suspected of the burning and mutilation of a transgender. 2016.08.11 Dagestan Botlikh 2 0 Two policemen are shot to death by suspected Jihadis. 2016.08.11 Iraq Makhmour 1 0 An Islamist beheads his own father for trying to leave the caliphate. 2016.08.11 Iraq al-Sidiq 8 0 Eight young men are beheaded for helping families escape ISIS. 2016.08.11 Afghanistan Shindand 5 9 Sharia proponents set off a bomb at a bazaar which kills five bystanders. 2016.08.11 Iraq Madaen 3 5 Three patrons at a market bleed out following a Religion of Peace bomb blast. 2016.08.11 Iraq Muthana 2 0 At least two souls are lost to a Fedayeen suicide bombing. 2016.08.11 Saudi Arabia Asir 1 0 An ISIS member runs over a local cop and then stabs him. 2016.08.11 Thailand Hua Hin 1 21 A woman is killed when 'insurgents' plant two bombs at a resort. 2016.08.11 Pakistan Quetta 0 14 An ISIS bomb injures fourteen. 2016.08.11 Dagestan Assab 1 0 Islamic militants are suspected of shooting a judge to death in his home. 2016.08.11 Iraq Mosul 1 0 An accused homosexual is thrown to his death from a building as children watch. 2016.08.10 Afghanistan Alisheng 3 2 Three people are sent to Allah by Taliban bombers. 2016.08.10 Iraq Latifiya 7 11 A Shahid suicide bomber blows seven Iraqis to bits. 2016.08.10 Iraq Qayara 12 3 An ISIS attack kills at least a dozen others. 2016.08.10 Canada Strathroy, ON 0 1 A suicide bomber detonates in a taxi, injuring only the driver. 2016.08.10 Cameroon Gambarou 4 1 Boko Haram burn sixty houses, kill four villagers and abduct a child. 2016.08.10 India Keran 1 1 Terrorists open fire on an army patrol, killing a porter. 2016.08.10 Iraq Baghdad 5 17 A pair of Mujahideen shrapnel bombs leave five dead. 2016.08.10 Iraq Qayara 2 6 Three suicide bombers manage to claim two other lives. 2016.08.09 Iraq Hawija 20 0 Twenty young people are burned alive for refusing to join the Islamic State. 2016.08.09 Afghanistan Mazar-i-Sharif 2 15 A suicide bomber murders two people at a crowded market. 2016.08.09 Pakistan Kohat 1 0 A woman is machine-gunned after being accused of adultery. 2016.08.09 Iraq Hawija 27 0 Another twenty-seven civilians are executed for trying to flee the Islamic State. 2016.08.09 Iraq Baghdad 3 6 Jihadis bomb a popular market, killing three patrons. 2016.08.09 Iraq Mosul 5 0 Five women are kidnapped and killed by ISIS. 2016.08.08 India Macchil 3 2 Three border guards are shot to death by Muslim terrorists. 2016.08.08 Pakistan Quetta 74 120 An Jamaat-ul-Ahrar suicide bomber massacres over seventy people gathered at a hospital. 2016.08.08 Iraq Youssifiyah 4 11 Four shoppers are sectionalized by a Mujahideen bomb blast at an outdoor market. 2016.08.08 Iraq Baghdad 2 8 A bomb in a commercial district takes out two bystanders. 2016.08.08 Pakistan Quetta 1 0 A prominent lawyer is shot and killed by religious radicals. 2016.08.08 Iraq Mosul 7 0 The caliphate beheads seven people with wire tied around their neck. 2016.08.08 Iraq Hawija 3 0 Three brothers are forced to kneel and then shot in the back of the head by ISIS members. 2016.08.08 Egypt Sheikh Zuweid 1 0 Religious extremists shoot a 45-year-old man to death. 2016.08.08 Afghanistan Kabul 1 0 Fundamentalists detonate a bomb along a city street that kills a passerby. 2016.08.07 Pakistan Kadi Khel Dara 2 0 A woman and her daughter are shot to death because she married without the permission of her male guardians. 2016.08.07 Iraq Bakara 8 0 Eight displaced persons are captured and burned alive by the Islamic State. 2016.08.07 Yemen Lahj 10 7 Ten others are laid out by a Shahid suicide car bomber. 2016.08.07 Mali Kidal 1 4 A UN peacekeeper is killed by an Ansar Dine landmine. 2016.08.07 Yemen Abyan 1 0 A man is picked off by an al-Qaeda drive-by. 2016.08.07 Syria Aleppo 7 13 Sunnis kill seven residents by lobbing rockets into their neighborhood. 2016.08.07 Iraq Ajhala 11 7 Eleven Iraqis are cut to ribbons by a series of suicide bombers. 2016.08.07 Iraq Baghdad 2 9 Mujahideen kill two people with a bomb planted at a bazaar. 2016.08.07 Iraq Rashad 1 4 One member is killed when a family of five is targeted by ISIS bombers. 2016.08.06 Iraq Kirkuk 5 12 Islamic State members fire on fleeing families, killing five people. 2016.08.06 Iraq Hawija 85 0 Eighty-five civilians, including women and children, are slaughtered by ISIS after being held hostage. 2016.08.06 Pakistan Sir Syed 1 0 A teen girl is stabbed to death by her father for marrying against his wish. 2016.08.06 Belgium Charleroi 0 2 A man attacks two female police officers with a machete while praising Allah. 2016.08.06 Somalia Marka 1 7 Islamists open fire on a cargo bus, killing a female passenger. 2016.08.05 Afghanistan Kahk-e-Jabar 5 0 Muslim fundamentalists bomb a police van, killing five occupants. 2016.08.05 Iraq Hadar 5 0 Five Iraqis are beheaded by the Islamic State. 2016.08.05 Afghanistan Mehtarlam 1 9 The Taliban kill one person with an IED. 2016.08.05 Afghanistan Chamkani 10 0 Ten people are killed in two separate Taliban bomb blasts, including five members of the same family. 2016.08.05 Afghanistan Nangarhar 2 0 Two gentlemen are captured and beheaded by the Islamic State. 2016.08.04 Iraq Baqubah 1 3 A Sunni suicide bomber manages to kill one Shiite. 2016.08.04 England London 1 5 A Somali migrant goes on a stabbing spree, killing an American woman. 2016.08.04 Afghanistan Chishti Sharif 12 6 Twelve foreign tourists on two minibuses are machine-gunned by the Taliban. 2016.08.04 Iraq Hawija 12 0 A dozen civilians are executed for trying to flee the caliphate. 2016.08.04 Pakistan Karachi 1 0 A Hindu doctor is taken down in a targeted shooting attack at his clinic by Muslim 'criminals'. 2016.08.03 Pakistan Lodhran 2 0 A young couple is stabbed to death by the girl's family for marrying without their wish. 2016.08.03 Nigeria Akwa'a 2 0 Muslim raiders murder two villagers. 2016.08.03 Libya Benghazi 15 16 An Islamic State suicide bomber takes out fifteen people in a suburban blast. 2016.08.02 Syria Aleppo 9 25 Four women and three childre are among nine civilians are killed when Sunni militants fire shells into their neighborhood containing toxic gas. 2016.08.02 Yemen Lahij 6 12 Six people are shredded by two Shahid suicide bombers. 2016.08.02 Libya Benghazi 23 20 Twenty-three lives are lost to a Fedayeen suicide bomber in a residential area. 2016.08.02 Nigeria Godogo 11 20 Eleven villagers are slaughtered by Muslim terrorists. 2016.08.02 Nigeria Kodomun 15 20 Fifteen innocents are confirmed killed by Fulani mercenaries. 2016.08.02 Iraq al-Marir 1 4 A mother is slaughtered in front of her four children for trying to flee the caliphate. 2016.08.02 Iraq Baghdad 3 0 Three suspected prostitutes are shot to death in their home by fundamentalists. 2016.08.02 Afghanistan Sar-e-Pul 1 0 The Taliban execute a 19-year-old girl who was unfaithful to her family. 2016.08.02 Nigeria Gada Biyu 9 0 Nine Christian villagers are cut down by Muslim terrorists, who also burned three churches. 2016.08.01 Nigeria Ninte 2 1 Two Christian women are hacked to death by Muslim herdsmen. 2016.08.01 Pakistan Khanpur 1 0 A woman is shot to death by her brother for having 'illicit relations'. 2016.08.01 Iraq Tal al-Wared 1 5 Women and children are the only casualties of a Mujahideen bomb blast. 2016.08.01 Pakistan Quetta 2 0 Two Hazara religious minorities are brutally gunned down on the street. 2016.08.01 Afghanistan Kabul 1 4 A guard is killed during a suicide assault on a foreign guesthouse. 2016.08.01 Pakistan Peshawar 2 0 A 14-year-old child is among two people cut down by Muslim gunmen. 2016.08.01 Saudi Arabia Jizan 4 3 A woman and child are among four family members crushed in their home by a Shiite rocket. 2016.07.31 Thailand Narathiwat 2 0 Two people lose their lives to an 'insurgent' bomb blast. 2016.07.31 Iraq Bai Hassan 1 6 An oil engineer is murdered during a Fedayeen suicide attack. 2016.07.31 Iraq Anbar 2 5 Two Iraqis are laid out by suicide bombers. 2016.07.31 Iraq Suteih 2 3 Terrorists plant an IED at a lake that claims two lives. 2016.07.31 India Kargil 2 0 Two Indian soldiers die from injuries suffered at the hands of Pakistani-supported bombers. 2016.07.31 Iraq Baghdad 7 0 A family of seven is exterminated in their home by sectarian activists. 2016.07.31 Afghanistan Kabul 1 0 A doctor is assassinated outside his clinic by religious extremists. 2016.07.31 DRC Oicha 4 2 A teacher is among four people gunned down by ADF Islamists. 2016.07.31 Somalia Mogadishu 10 15 At least ten are killed when religious hardliners launch a suicide attack on a police building. 2016.07.31 Iraq Kirkuk 5 2 ISIS members enter the control room for a pumping station and shoot five employees to death. 2016.07.31 Syria Mothabin 1 11 A child is among the casualties of a Sunni mortar attack. 2016.07.31 Afghanistan Kanashin 7 3 Seven more are reported killed by Taliban fundamentalists. 2016.07.31 Mali Timbuktu 1 0 A man is killed in his own home by al-Qaeda. 2016.07.30 Saudi Arabia Najran 7 0 Seven border guards lose their lives to Shiite radicals. 2016.07.30 Iraq Mahmoudiya 2 8 Two people at a fruit market are reduced to pulp by Jihadi bombers. 2016.07.30 India Nowgam 2 1 Two border guards are ambushed and murdered by Islamic militants. 2016.07.30 Pakistan Barra 2 5 Two people are killed when terrorists toss a grenade into a house. 2016.07.30 Afghanistan Herat 2 6 Two people are left dead following a bomb blast at a fruit market. 2016.07.29 Yemen Taiz 3 4 Three people are killed when sectarian activists set off a bomb at a popular market. 2016.07.29 Syria Buwair 24 0 Two dozen civilians are slaughtered following the capture of their town by ISIS. 2016.07.29 Afghanistan Kanashin 17 10 The Taliban attack police checkpoints and murder seventeen officers. 2016.07.29 Libya Banghazi 2 4 An ISIS suicide bomber disintegrates two people at a checkpoint. 2016.07.29 Pakistan Karkar 2 0 Two shepherds are shot in their field by the Taliban. 2016.07.29 Afghanistan Kabul 2 2 Two people are taken out by a fundamentalist bomb blast. 2016.07.29 Pakistan Punjab 2 0 Two sisters are murdered by their male guardian for planning to marry men of their choice. 2016.07.29 Iraq Mosul 20 0 Twenty civilians are pulled from their homes and executed for being 'enemies of the Caliphate.' 2016.07.29 Pakistan Punjab 2 0 Two women are murdered by their conservative brother for marrying by choice. 2016.07.28 Afghanistan Pashtunkot 1 0 A 22-year-old woman is shot to death for 'having relations' with a man over the phone. 2016.07.28 Syria Bab 1 0 A 28-year-old man is crucified for refusing to join prayers at the mosque. 2016.07.28 Iraq Mosul 14 0 Five women and a child are among fourteen civilians executed by firing squad for trying to flee the caliphate. 2016.07.28 Iraq Taji 2 11 Jihadis set off a bomb outside a shop, killing two innocents. 2016.07.27 Syria Qamishli 67 185 Women and children are among over sixty innocents blown apart by two Fedayeen suicide bombers. 2016.07.27 Pakistan Gothki 1 1 Two Hindu teens are set upon by a Muslim mob angered over an alleged Quran 'desecration' elsewhere. 2016.07.27 Iraq Shula 3 15 Three people are killed when a suicide bomber on foot detonates in a Shiite neighborhood. 2016.07.27 Iraq Youssifiyah 3 9 Three shoppers are blown to bits by a well-placed bomb at a mall. 2016.07.27 Iraq Rashidiya 3 0 Militant Sunnis shoot three people to death. 2016.07.27 Iraq Saydiya 2 5 Sectarian Jihadis place a bomb outside a row of shops that kills two bystanders. 2016.07.27 Yemen Marib 8 15 Shiite militia place a bomb at a packed market that kills eight patrons. 2016.07.27 Pakistan Lassan Nawab Sahib 1 0 A 15-year-old girl is strangled by her conservative uncle for having a boyfriend. 2016.07.27 Syria Bukamal 4 0 Four people are beheaded for helping families escape the caliphate. 2016.07.27 Iraq Baghdad 5 7 Shiites are suspected of sending mortars into a displaced persons camp, killing a woman and four children. 2016.07.26 Iraq Abu Ghraib 1 4 A Shiite is laid out by a Sunni bomb blast near a hospital. 2016.07.26 Iraq Shirqat 5 0 An ISIS bomb targeting fleeing families takes out a mother and her four daughters. 2016.07.26 Pakistan Saddar 2 0 Two security personnel are machine-gunned in their vehicle by Tehreek-e-Taliban. 2016.07.26 France Saint-Etienne-du-Rouvray 1 1 Muslim radicals take hostages at a church and slit the throat of an 84-year-old priest. 2016.07.26 Turkey Istanbul 1 0 A gay man is kidnapped, beheaded and mutilated. 2016.07.26 Somalia Mogadishu 13 5 At least thirteen people are killed by two suicide bombers near an airport and UN building. 2016.07.25 Iraq Baghdad 9 26 Bomb blasts in three different commercial areas produce nine Iraqi corpses. 2016.07.25 Egypt al-Arish 1 0 A young police officer is assassinated by ISIS. 2016.07.25 Syria Khaldiya 2 4 A woman and her young son are disassembled by al-Nusra shrapnel. 2016.07.25 Iraq Mosul 23 0 The Islamic State beheads two dozen young Iraqis. 2016.07.25 Iraq Khalis 16 41 At least sixteen others are incinerated by a suicide car bomber, including women and children packed onto a minibus. 2016.07.25 Iraq Rashad 3 0 A little girl is among three members of a family burned alive for trying to flee the caliphate. 2016.07.25 Nigeria Adayohor 10 3 Fulani gunmen murder ten villagers. 2016.07.25 Thailand Yala 1 1 A 42-year-old man is ambushed and killed by suspected Muslim 'separatists'. 2016.07.25 Thailand Pattani 2 0 Two hunters are slain on their way home by Muslim terrorists. 2016.07.24 Nigeria Mbagbe 1 2 A 45-year-old farmer is beheaded by Muslim terrorists. 2016.07.24 Iraq Abu Ghraib 3 11 Mujahideen bomb a popular market, taking out three patrons. 2016.07.24 Afghanistan Kot 1 0 An 'apostate' is shot in the head and thrown into a ravine. 2016.07.24 Iraq Baghdad 21 35 An Islamic State suicide bomber detonates in a Shiite neighborhood, obliterating twenty-one souls including women and children. 2016.07.24 Syria Damascus 8 16 Jaish al-Islam lob a mortar into a restaurant, taking out eight patrons. 2016.07.24 Germany Ansbach 0

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Yes I agree.

There is no choice in the majority of cases.

Even in the cases were choice looks apparent on the face of it - that choice was born from conditioned mind sets and is highly influenced.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

BenevolentHeretic,

But wearing a burqa is not a choice regardless of the protestations that it is...
The Burka is a child of a societal sociopathy long since bereft of humanity which I know too well and I'm glad that you don't ...

Durp durp durp, who says that wearing a burqa is not a choice ? Please provide well argumented proof for your thesis. How are you any better than Saudi regime that claims to know what woman should or should not wear ? Please, answer my questions,dont give me a horsecrap answer based on your personal experiences. Thank you

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

No # Sherlock, people kill people in war zones. War zones that we created btw. What does your post have to do with burkinis ?

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

You are, however, too insulated by the high west to truly understand Islamo-fascism...

Don't patronize me! You don't know ANYTHING about me or my many experiences with Muslims born and raised in the Middle East!

I wish there was a way I could transplant my experiences to your brain helping you to understand what the burqa actually represents…

Why are you talking about a burqa? thought this thread was about the burkini. Ah! This thread isn't really about the burkini, is it? It's about your bigotry toward Muslims and the liberal left. It's about what you call "Islamo-fascism"... I see.

If you agree with France's ban on burkinis, would you support a ban in wearing crosses at the beach? NO! Never! Because that symbol represents a GOOD religion.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

But where is the liberal outrage at that??

I start a thread about provinces throughout the Islamic world enacting laws which criminalize behavior they deem immoral and most of y'all will avoid it because it conflicts with your narrative that Islam is simply misunderstood…

In order to engage with your hypocrisy I must put out lower hanging fruit...
Thus the birqini thread...

-Christosterone

lolwut
I am being accused of being a "liberal", of having a "narrative that Islam is simply misunderstood" and on top of that of being a "hypocrite". What kind of # do you smoke? Where did you find the basis for your accusations?

originally posted by: JedemDasSeine
IMO, the French ban on the burkini is one of the silliest acts authorities could do.

French authorities pretend that they are protecting interests of locals, but actually they are strengthening the tension between groups without a real necessity.

Moreover, I won't be surprised (we are on the conspiracy site, huh?) that this ban story is made by design (on purpose), not by accident (not because of stupidity). [Not to mention the fact that burkini sales will grow unimaginably.]

P.S. I'm not a purist or a prude, but topless or naked ladies (If I may use that word here) is a much bigger problem on public beaches than the dressed ladies.

P.P.S. How on earth you may require a lady to undress in public (by armed police), if she does not want it? Do you have any common sense at all?

Your own blindness and your own lack of common sense are two of the main reasons Europe is becoming a 3rd world #hole. I see it just in this thread. Sorry, no offence. But don't blame me anyway.
edit on JAmerica/Chicago24America/Chicago08Wedam11thAmerica/Chicago by JedemDasSeine because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I don't like Islam coming or going.

BUT

This allows women born into this system a chance to swim and enjoy some aspect of normal Western life without the fear of being "honor killed" for wearing a one piece.

People obviously think these women all have a greater degree of freedom than what they actually do. We're talking about women who often have suffered FGM and live under the threat of being killed by male relatives for not toeing the line.

I'm not a fan of taking away something from an already oppressed and abused group.

Now, if you'd like to give the men in that culture a swift cultural kick to the pants... OK. But, let the women have their day at the beach.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

1.6 billion Muslims in the world. That is a drop in the bucket compared to the total number of Muslims. If you are honestly going to use that piddling amount of attacks as evidence to label an entire religion as violent then you are bigot.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: SisterDelirium
I don't like Islam coming or going.

Neither do I. I feel the same about it as I do about most other religions. Religion is not for me. There are great people and hideous criminals claiming allegiance to religions.

But the OP wants to paint ALL Muslims as uncivilized heathens, the women unable and too stupid to make their own choices, the men beating their wives and daughters into submission, and committing honor killings left and right... And, of course, he knows their minds. He knows them (and us) better than we do. Better than THEY do. He's supposedly got the experience that none of us have.

It's really a very arrogant and ignorant position to take.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I'm more on the side that these types of "bans" are intended to curb the assimilation of Muslims to the west's culture rather than the elimination of an "oppression symbol".

In my opinion it's rather smart since through policies like these the radical factor and "righteousness" of the Muslim population in relation to their culture will slowly decrease. With that said, the risk of the Muslim ideology taking over certain western countries can be kept to a minimum and in addition it will discourage other citizens of Muslim countries to come towards the west.

Note: And for those that say this is going against free speech rights. If you choose to move to a country with a different culture, it is YOUR job to adjust to the system in place. The system does not have an obligation to adjust in order to accommodate whom wishes to be part of it.

When you visit somebody else's home, you don't make the rules. That is just how it is and how it should be.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I hear crotchless Burkinis are all the rage now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join