It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I created the burkini to give women freedom, not to take it away

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   

This negativity that is happening now and what is happening in France makes me so sad. I hope it’s not because of racism. I think they have misunderstood a garment that is so positive – it symbolises leisure and happiness and fun and fitness and health and now they are demanding women get off the beach and back into their kitchens?

I don’t think any man should worry about how women are dressing – no one is forcing us, it’s a woman’s choice. What you see is our choice. Do I call myself a feminist? Yes, maybe. I like to stand behind my man, but I am the engine, and I choose to be. I want him to take all the credit, but I am the quiet achiever.

I would love to be in France to say this: you have misunderstood. And there more problems in the world to worry about, why create more? You’ve taken a product that symbolised happiness and joyfulness and fitness, and turned it into a product of hatred.

I created the burkini to give women freedom, not to take it away

Those poor French fools who don't understand when [radical] Muslims murder you by the hundreds with guns and trucks it's not because they are Muslims...

Sure, they do it because their magic moon God of Arabia instructed them to do so in both the Koran and the hadiths, but let's not address facts...

Let's address dress, shall we???

This article is the perfect encapsulation of both the left's hypocracy regarding islams mysogyny and islams inherent "girl problem"...
Because this radical Stone Age cult has actually convinced the women(who are the oppressed class in Islamic communities to say nothing of Islamic nation-states) that THEY are responsible for this choice...

So let me get this straight...we are supposed to applaud statements like the following???
"Do I call myself a feminist? Yes, maybe. I like to stand behind my man, but I am the engine, and I choose to be. I want him to take all the credit, but I am the quiet achiever."

Seriously, that's tantamount to a slave saying:
"Do I call myself an abolishionist? Yes, maybe. I like to stand behind my master, but I am the engine, and I choose to be[a slave]. I want the master to take all the credit, but I am the quiet achiever."

I'm genuinely curious...

-Christosterone

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

I think she's saying that in her world, she created a bit of sunshine, and a way for women to go to the beach. Still, westerners don't like it. It's really very sad. It's quite possibly a step forward for them, as it is at least closer fitting for more comfort when wet, rather than bulky like the traditional attire. So to her, it's a positive thing.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I am very critical of much of the way Islam is practiced, and I have criticized the lefts political correctness in calling out much of the anti-liberal (liberal in the freedom sense not the political one) behavior that occurs in the Islamic world.

However, I think this burkini ban is ridiculous. Banning this is a form of banning freedom of expression, and I am totally against it.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

I think she's saying that in her world, she created a bit of sunshine, and a way for women to go to the beach. Still, westerners don't like it. It's really very sad. It's quite possibly a step forward for them, as it is at least closer fitting for more comfort when wet, rather than bulky like the traditional attire. So to her, it's a positive thing.

On the US wouldn't be a problem in fact not get a second look at a beach. But in Europe they are much more open beaches tend to be clothing optional so they see it as a form of oppression. It's simply attitude of thr people involved.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler
I'm totally against religion, there will never be world peace as long as religions are around.

oh and money...
edit on 8/24/2016 by ware2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Of course it's oppression. But from her perspective, it's a step away from that. That's all I'm saying.
A baby-step, but a step.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
I am very critical of much of the way Islam is practiced, and I have criticized the lefts political correctness in calling out much of the anti-liberal (liberal in the freedom sense not the political one) behavior that occurs in the Islamic world.

However, I think this burkini ban is ridiculous. Banning this is a form of banning freedom of expression, and I am totally against it.

You have to understand the French mentality on this subject.
They have suffered attacks unknown to most of the high societies of the west…

Islamic garb is forced upon women by their oppressive culture and is viewed by many continental Europeans to be a symbol on par with the swastika..

Undoubtedly there were kind, decent Nazis, just as there were kind, decent inquisition era Spaniards, just as there are kind, decent Muslims…

But that does not mean one should or could walk around the beach with a swastika armband, a giant red cross upon a shield, or for our purposes a burqini especially on the heels of such violent attacks in the name of their magic moon god ...

-Christosterone
edit on 24-8-2016 by Christosterone because: The iPad cannot understand my Texas accent

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Again, your high minded western sensibilities have blinded you to their actual representation...

They are an extension of the oppression women in the Islamic world are subjected to...

As my parallel in the op addresses: a slave who lives in the master's home, eats with the master, sleeps next to the master's bed, lives in every was as the master does it's still a SLAVE...

No amount of moral relativism will change the fact that women are an oppressed population throughout the Islamic world and the burqa is the symbol of their oppression...
This is a quantifiable, undeniable fact.

No matter if they have been conditioned to believe this is their choice…
I do not abide by the moral relativists ethos…
So I will NEVER see islams oppression of women as a positive because a slave was still a slave no matter how well he or she was treated..

-Christosterone

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone

You have to understand the French mentality on this subject.
They have suffered attacks unknown to most of the high societies of the west…

Islamic garb is forced upon women by their oppressive culture and is viewed by many continental Europeans to be a symbol on par with the swastika..

Undoubtedly there were kind, decent Nazis, just as there were kind, decent inquisition era Spaniards, just as there are kind, decent Muslims…
But that does not mean one should or could walk around with a giant red cross upon a shield, a swastika armband, or for our purposes a burqini especially on the heels of such violent attacks in the name of their magic moon god ...

-Christosterone

No, I am sorry I still disagree.

First, this is not the same as someone walking around in a klan hood or swastika. Regardless of why they are wearing this outfit, it has never symbolized hatred like that. I too find the heavy garments perhaps being forced on Islamic women troubling, but outlawing them solves nothing. It just strengthens the resolve of the Islamic hardliners. Also, the burkini seems to be lighter and more comfortable than these other options.

Secondly, who are we or anyone else to tell these women that they can't wear burkinis because we know what is best for them? This to me reeks of superiority and I am against it.

Third, I really don't think wearing a swastika or other offensive clothing should be illegal. You should have the right to express yourself in anyway up to the point when you are acting violently.

Ask yourself this, do you think Charlie Hebdo had the right to mock Islam? I certainly do. But under your thought process, an argument could be made that this was offensive and should be disallowed.

At the end of the day, to say to women that they can't wear a garment because it symbolizes an oppressive belief system to control women is not only tragically ironic but against all of the values that make me want to challenge Islam in the first place.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

So let me get this straight. You are making a thread because you are outraged at liberals because a Muslim lady who designed a garment for Muslim women got outraged at goings-on in France and spoke up about her feelings on making that garment? In doing this you are calling this lady either a liar or misinformed and it is the liberals' fault?

Triggered much? To me. This looks like a heaping helping of you minding other people's business.
edit on 24-8-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I am a moralist and see good and evil, black-and-white, right and wrong…
I do not need to go through your moral relativism hula hoops to explain why a birqa is good…

If you ever spent an extended time in an Islamic fascist theocracy u would understand what true oppression is…
And Europe is terrified of that oppression coming to their doorstep…

I can only assume you have zero context upon which to base your high-minded liberal opinions on the subject because they are without merit as far as I'm concerned because you have no context…

Again, I understand where you're coming from because I too am a child of the west and once assumed that all people shared my same morality and inherent human kindness…

Sadly that is not the case and my disdain is based upon experience; not philosophical gymnastics wherein i explain away the tendencies of a Stone Age cult to oppress women, homosexuals, and anyone deemed an infidel by their magic moon god of Arabia..

-Christosterone

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

So let me get this straight. You are making a thread because you are outraged at liberals because a Muslim lady who designed a garment for Muslim women got outraged at goings-on in France and spoke up about her feelings on making that garment? In doing this you are calling this lady either a liar or misinformed and it is the liberals' fault?

Triggered much? To me. This looks like a heaping helping of you minding other people's business.

You misinterpret my words…
There is no outrage, only disgust...

-Chrisrosterone

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
IMO, the French ban on the burkini is one of the silliest acts authorities could do.

French authorities pretend that they are protecting interests of locals, but actually they are strengthening the tension between groups without a real necessity.

Moreover, I won't be surprised (we are on the conspiracy site, huh?) that this ban story is made by design (on purpose), not by accident (not because of stupidity). [Not to mention the fact that burkini sales will grow unimaginably.]

P.S. I'm not a purist or a prude, but topless or naked ladies (If I may use that word here) is a much bigger problem on public beaches than the dressed ladies.

P.P.S. How on earth you may require a lady to undress in public (by armed police), if she does not want it? Do you have any common sense at all?
edit on JAmerica/Chicago24America/Chicago08Wedam04thAmerica/Chicago by JedemDasSeine because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

I understand what you are saying, approaching it from a political, western point of view. I don't even say that I disagree.

But social trends evolve also, and this takes time. Maybe next year, they will be designed to come to the knee, and the elbow. Then in a couple of years, sleeveless. It takes time. The women will throw off this oppression, in most areas of their lives. But it won't be done quickly. It will be done in steps like this burkini. We can be patient, because we too had some ugly moments in our social evolutions/revolutions, and we still do.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Disgust. Outrage. 6 dozen in one hand, half dozen in the other.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: JedemDasSeine
IMO, the French ban on the burkini is one of the silliest acts authorities could do.

French authorities pretend that they are protecting interests of locals, but actually they are strengthening tensions between groups without a real necessity.

Moreover, I won't be surprised (we on the conspiracy site, huh?) that this ban story is made by design (on purpose), not by accident (not because of stupidity).

In my opinion the stoning of homosexuals [for sinning against their magic 7th century pedophile] is the silliest act one could do…
Criminalizing homosexuality is rampant throughout the Islamic world...

But where is the liberal outrage at that??

I start a thread about provinces throughout the Islamic world enacting laws which criminalize behavior they deem immoral and most of y'all will avoid it because it conflicts with your narrative that Islam is simply misunderstood…

In order to engage with your hypocrisy I must put out lower hanging fruit...
Thus the birqini thread...

-Christosterone

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
From the source..."when I invented the burkini in 2004" ...

Yea that invention was a real stepping stone for your technological and ethical advancement... Pfft.

Its a god damn longsleeve with a stiched on bathing cap and a track suit bottom.

omfg ...this is hillarious
"I remember when I first tested the burkini. First I tested it in my bathtub, I had to make sure it worked"

Proper testing is super important for any technological brakethrough ...who knows what could have happened when a piece of cloth gets in contact with water...

edit on 24-8-2016 by Whatever08152 because: quoted more hillarious sourcematerial :p

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
When did religion become race?

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
Because this radical Stone Age cult has actually convinced the women(who are the oppressed class in Islamic communities to say nothing of Islamic nation-states) that THEY are responsible for this choice...

Why do you assume that Muslim women aren't smart enough to know what their own choices are? How is it, that you, a non-Muslim person, know better than them what THEY choose? It's really their business, not yours.

So let me get this straight...we are supposed to applaud statements like the following???
"Do I call myself a feminist? Yes, maybe. I like to stand behind my man, but I am the engine, and I choose to be. I want him to take all the credit, but I am the quiet achiever."

You needn't applaud it OR criticize it... Neither do you need to judge it. It's her truth and you should respect that she has her own mind and opinions. Why is it even your concern?

originally posted by: Grambler
Banning this is a form of banning freedom of expression, and I am totally against it.

I am, too!

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=21164483]

Forcing women to live in mobile prisons is the antithesis of expression.

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
Why do you assume that Muslim women aren't smart enough to know what their own choices are? How is it, that you, a non-Muslim person, know better than them what THEY choose? It's really their business, not yours.

Because we know there is Sharia Law and these women face violence and even death for not covering themselves in a mobile prison. Its a choice like the battered wife of a drunken bully chooses to stay in the relationship.

You people have gone from suck to blow. It's our business because we prefer not to see our societies turned in to 3rd world $hit holes.
edit on 24-8-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join