It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's Plan for Fighting Crime - Tougher Cops

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Try walking a day in their shoes.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

America cops are not gunning people down. It is media sensationalism. There are accidents. There are bad cops. There are good cops. There are cops who simply have a job....and their job sucks.

The shooting of the deaf driver I do not know is tragedy or something else. I do not rush to judgement on these issues. However, there is one little tidbit they are sure not to put in the MSM narrative.

He resisted arrest and was found guilty in 2010 in Connecticut and in FL was charged but not convicted of larceny.

Does this mean he should be shot, no, but if you are a police officer that runs a tag and sees a Resisting Charge and he is evading while pulling over for a speeding ticket? If he exits the vehicle, which you should not do, it could be bad.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Umm, does that mean that french and german police are tougher than US police since crime rates in those countries are waaaay lower than in the US ?

Another swing and miss by the orange gorilla.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Trump has zero substance and yet he has a rabid following, it's unreal. What exactly are people really supporting when it comes to Trump because the man clearly has no plans on how to solve any problems this country faces. He just parrots right wing talking points and that's it.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Trump has zero substance and yet he has a rabid following, it's unreal. What exactly are people really supporting when it comes to Trump because the man clearly has no plans on how to solve any problems this country faces. He just parrots right wing talking points and that's it.

Hillary had zero substance as well in case you haven't noticed. What's her platform? What does she plan to do about say education or illegals or the debt or anything for that matter she doesn't even hold press confrences so they can ask about her position

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I’m firmly convinced Trump is NOT trying to win this race.

I heard this last night and these ideas are not from a sincere, sane candidate. They are absolutely beyond ignorant. Trump himself doesn’t believe his own words

Then Trump yells at black people

WHEN IM PRESIDETN YOU WON’T GET SHOT

Give me a break. Are you telling me Trump is a sincere candidate?

That was comical. Trumps ideas are juvenile...he is playing the dope clown just to lose the race. Trump was never this dumb

edit on 23-8-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Neither candidate is having press conferences.
edit on 8/23/2016 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

I mean you can't tell me that if anyone else running for President that you would accept what he said let alone defend it. He sounds like a GD Fascist who's all too ready to pit the police against the people of this nation with no plan other than "Well, these tough cops seem to know what to do so I'll just let them do whatever they feel is needed." That's f*cking madness man.

I'm not sure about the chain of command when it comes to American police. Does the president have the authority to pit the police against the people of this nation?
edit on 23-8-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

The people are just angry and he's become a symbol for their lashing out against the world. They're tired of the Same old Same old politics and hate Clinton because that what she is. Plus years of Right Wing Media and Internet Conspiracy Theories and YouTube Propaganda has them looking toward many different demographics as the enemy's of America and American Culture. They've also been filled with fear and are on edge.

Globalism has been taking it's toll on us economically as well and it was just a matter of time until someone stepped up where Trump did in the role of their hero savior.

I don't even blame them too much because they have a valid argument as to their frustration with things. Trump has just exploited that in the people. It's been in the making for some time now and all Trump did is light that match.

This is what you get when people are desperate and looking for any way out. They'll take whatever chance they think might help because they feel like they have nothing else to lose. But they're wrong. They have a lot more to lose and soon might find out just how much.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

I'm not sure about the chain of command when it comes to American police. Does the president have the authority to pit the police against the authority of this nation?

I'm not sure about that either. I don't think so but I don't know what the laws are in that respect. More important though is I don't think Trump knows either.

He seems to think that if elected he'll just mandate for the police to take some kind of action both against Crime and Rounding up Illegals and deporting them. I don't know if that's even possible or to what extent. Which is what I'm really getting at here.

He doesn't seem to know what the job of President even is or what is expected of him or what his duties are. He just says stuff and people cheer for it because none of them know what his job is either. It's just a big sh*t show of promises, rhetoric and BS as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I'm not sure about that either. I don't think so but I don't know what the laws are in that respect. More important though is I don't think Trump knows either.

He seems to think that if elected he'll just mandate for the police to take some kind of action both against Crime and Rounding up Illegals and deporting them. I don't know if that's even possible or to what extent. Which is what I'm really getting at here.

He doesn't seem to know what the job of President even is or what is expected of him or what his duties are. He just says stuff and people cheer for it because none of them know what his job is either. It's just a big sh*t show of promises, rhetoric and BS as far as I'm concerned.

In the video he mentioned he is not the mayor in response to O'reily's question. I always thought that the mayor selects the police chief, who then runs the police, which, if true, shows that Trump at least knows more than we do on the topic.

He said he is going to cheerlead for the police, which isn't a sign of a dictator really.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I'm not trying to say that this will happen or that anything Trump is suggesting will actually take place. As I said, I'm not sure that he could do the things he's saying anyway.

But what concerns me is the fact that he doesn't seem to know what he can and can't do because he's promising to root out crime "so fast it will make your head spin". Also, it's the way he talks about doing it.

He just thinks he can order a strike force team of police into civilian areas at will to root out crime and deport illegals and round people up, like it's no big deal and as if he's got a clear picture of what going on.

Society is more complicated than his simple view of them and whatever half truths he gets off the internet.

Your source for valid info can't be random websites and stuff when your president but that's what he's going by and he even admits it.

This isn't a joke. Nor is it just some business venture. This is our nation and all it's people on the line here and I've followed Trump ever since the 80's. He's never exactly been well liked. He's had a moment here and there but overall he's just been a mish mash of scandals and shady business deals and a media icon forever. I honestly don't know why nobody remembers any of it either. His ties to the mob and the scandals he's been part of over the years. It's like everyone forgot who this guy actually has always been.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
He will do it and do it quickly, he says, in the same way he says he will take out ISIS.

Is he planning on giving carte blanche to a swat team to go in and take over neighborhoods and kill anybody who gets in their way? He can't do that. It's illegal. Besides, who are these people? Read "POOR neighborhoods".

And mention gun control for potential terrorists, and people blow a fuse worrying about their due process? And it sounds like he wants to send in exterminators like these people are vermin?

I think he will flip-flop on this like he has on everything else, but in the meantime, he needs to answer some serious questions on HOW he will do this, just like he needs to explain HOW he will take out ISIS.

There are some serious questions he needs to answer. I don't think he understands how. He seem to thinks he's magic.
I pity anyone without the foresight to realize they MUST have answers to these questions.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
But what concerns me is the fact that he doesn't seem to know what he can and can't do because he's promising to root out crime "so fast it will make your head spin". Also, it's the way he talks about doing it.

He just thinks he can order a strike force team of police into civilian areas at will to root out crime and deport illegals and round people up, like it's no big deal and as if he's got a clear picture of what going on.

Shades of Kristallnacht

- Painting the picture of a bleak brutal de Chirico America
- Proclaiming that he alone can make "America Great Again"
- Slanderous if not contemptuous remarks against all but pure white men
- Halting immigration from select countries
- Rounding up brown people
- Setting stage for a"rigged election" proclamation
- Encouraging the monitoring of polling locations

I know it's a stretch but an argument can be made. Ghostly reminders of Mein Kampf no matter how faint.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Another thing to think about is just how inclined is Trump going to be in going after white collar crime???

Think about it. Those are his friends and the people he respects. He respects sleazy business deals and getting one over in business. That's how he does business after all. So do you think he'll go after major white collar crime that happens??? Hell no.

According to how he views the world Crime is something done by poor people not rich people. When rich people do it it's just called business and it's normal to cheat in business. It's rewarded even because business is cutthroat. If you don't do anything you can to win you're a loser.

But when it comes to the poor little guy, he's just a loser and shmuck and that's why he's in the position he's in. The rich man can do no wrong and his crimes don't count.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Yes, the sense of entitlement that is so characteristic of narcissism. Rules are for other people.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

He won't go after white collar criminals because that would set a dangerous precedent for when his term is over and he is back in business with them,

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek
a reply to: jedi_hamster

you're all acting like he was talking with some trigger-happy crackpot, not a high ranking police officer.

Pfft

Jon Graham Burge (born December 20, 1947) is a convicted felon and former Chicago Police Department detective and commander who gained notoriety for torturing more than 200 criminal suspects between 1972 and 1991 in order to force confessions. A decorated United States Army veteran, Burge served tours in South Korea and Vietnam and continued as an enlisted United States Army Reserve soldier where he served in the military police. He then returned to the South Side of Chicago and began his career as a police officer

en.wikipedia.org...

So are you a PiS party member?

K~

no, i am not a member of any party, and never will be.

as for Burge, are you suggesting that he's the guy that Trump was talking with? because as far as i know, that police officer remains unnamed. so, as it is, you're comparing some unnamed, said-to-be-good, police officer, to Burge?

that's a new low, even for Trump haters. are you on some meds clouding your judgement and making you spit out nonsense? if so, you may want to choose another doctor. if not, you act like you need one.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

I'm not sure about the chain of command when it comes to American police. Does the president have the authority to pit the police against the authority of this nation?

"he seems to think that" - no. you seem to think that you know better what he thinks, so you're suggesting he'll do this or that, or that he wants to do this or that, whereas he didn't say any of those things. but you weren't listening what the man had to say, because you were blinded by hatred. hatred evident by just taking a look at the first two pages of this thread, full of rage, lies and loads of BS.

"he doesn't seem to know" - yes, he does. at least more than you do.
edit on 23/8/2016 by jedi_hamster because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: jedi_hamster

no. you seem to think that you know better what he thinks, so you're suggesting he'll do this or that, or that he wants to do this or that, whereas he didn't say any of those things.

Just being honest he doesn't come across as someone who even knows what he is thinking. He just says stuff, says its amazing, says it will be great and then moves on to something else. Slipping in a "China is beating us" every now and then.

but you weren't listening what the man had to say, because you were blinded by hatred. hatred evident by just taking a look at the first two pages of this thread, full of rage, lies and loads of BS.

It isn't hatred to question everything a presidential candidate is saying, or to expect more than "It will be amazing". Some people are more awake to the fact politicans and corporate interests have been screwing them for years and years. Believing and agreeing with a stranger just because he has some money and a platform isn't critical thinking, its blind faith and obedience.

"he doesn't seem to know" - yes, he does. at least more than you do.

Questionable. He makes alot of assumptions based on incorrect facts. For example saying 93Mil were unemployed in the US when that number actually includes retirees and those in full time ed etc...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join